Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Badlands Syndicate

Komoda

Gris King of Badlands
Komoda sat in his Nalrobian encampment bathing in the sunlight, appreciated the warmth of his homeworld. His "Communications Officer" approached.
"Um K-komoda si-i-iir?", he stuttered.
Komoda loathed when he did that, he was lucky he wasn't served to the guests for lunch, as a gift.
"Speak.", Komoda hissed
"I've sent out your message, any faction delegates coming to the trade talks should be on there way shortly.", The fat man said softly.
"Hopefully, they make it though the jungle! We wouldn't want to feed the wild life with our message.", Komoda burst out, laughing at the thought. His communications officer looked away, unnerved by the glee in his leader's voice.

[member="Thorne"]

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
NALROBI

En route to Meeting Point
A small Chiss shuttle sliced through the clear skies above the jungle below, the faintest of shape of a triangular capital ship in orbit overhead. The pilot of the far smaller craft brought it to a landing, in a small clearing on the jungle floor, within walking distance to the proposed meeting place with one Komoda. The shuttle landed, landing struts crunching dry leaves and branches, as the occupants prepared to disembark. One Chiss in particular stood at the top of the lowering ramp, his black-and-burgundy military uniform clean and pristine; on his collar were the bars of a Captain, as well as the appropriate badge on the left side of his chest. Behind him stood a half dozen armored individuals, each one carrying an assortment of weaponry, even as their forms began to shimmer and disappear from sight.

"Maintain a perimeter, Sergeant," Mitth'orn'eruod said simply, seemingly to himself. He walked down the ramp, entering the humid heat of the planet of Nalrobi. "If you see evidence of an ambush, target the leader first, then slaughter them all. Until then, take no action."

Without another word, the Chiss Captain walked across the jungle floor, stepped over rocks and sticks and other assortments of flora. Even after a short time, the heat was stifling, especially in full military dress. Yet, Mitth'orn'eruod wouldn't show his discomfort, instead keeping his breathing even and minimizing his movement so as to avoid exertion and sweating. Within a handful of minutes, the Chiss reached what he presumed to be the meeting place, as his red eyes took in the area and the individuals present...

"I am Captain Mitth'orn'eruod," He said, looking to one particular alien, a large reptilian sort. "You may call me Thorne. I am here to speak with your leader, Komoda the Gris King."

Mitth'orn'eruod waited.

[member="Komoda"]

Komoda

Gris King of Badlands
"I am Komoda. Thorne basq Chiss how do you like the Badlands? Nalrobi blesses us with this beautiful day.", Komodas mouth twisted into a smirk as he felt the metal of the Chiss troops armor in the vacinity. "There is no need for smoke and mirrors here friend. Although I'm impressed by the gear, as well as your strategy. Not even my ravagers noticed.", The surrounding smaller Suchurs hissed with disapproval at not smelling the troops themselves, slightly embarrassed. Tell your men to come have a drink and rest. I know our planet can be somewhat... uncomfortable for outsiders."

[member="Thorne"]

Matt the Radar Tech

"I can see how this environment may be ideal for some species, yes," Mitth'orn'eruod said, trying to ignore the heat. "Unfortunately I am unfamiliar with the Badlands, up until this point, so I cannot say whether I enjoy it or not. Thus far it seems unobjectionable."

The mention of smoke and mirrors caused Mitth'orn'eruod to raise an eyebrow, as he considered options that might have given his Commandos away. Sight, sound, smell and taste were all unlikely methods, given each Commando outfit was hermetically sealed, effectively invisible on several spectrums, and made to run near silently. Which meant that the gear itself had been sensed, somehow, rather than through usual sensations. Mitth'orn'eruod thought back to what little information he had read prior to arrival about the Suchurs, admitting the data had been limited.

There, a form of electronic charge on the body? Mitth'orn'eruod thought to himself, as he noticed several individual's scales react to the blue flicker of energy. Interesting... I wonder...

With a motion of his gloved hand, four Commandos filtered into view, as similar electric currents passed across their forms, disabling the reflective crystals on their suits. They walked over to stand near Mitth'orn'eruod, postures casual, but weapons still held comfortably and clearly ready, if required. Their sensors and scanners were undoubtedly working at giving accurate readings of the immediate and surrounding area, maintaining guard... especially considering they are protected against electromagnetic forces.

"My men are certainly comfortable in their armor, King Komoda," Mitth'orn'eruod said, smiling. He took a several steps forward casually, paying attention to certain items on his person. "They are of little concern to these discussions. So, please, let us begin... what would you propose, for the Chiss to consider?"

Now being closer to the reptilian humanoid, Mitth'orn'eruod immediately felt the metallic items on his person begin to react to the close proximity. The blaster in the Captain's hip holster was certainly being affected by magnetic force, an undeniable - if mostly subtle - tug on its metal components taking place. Even the rank plaque on Mitth'orn'eruod's chest was similarly affected.

"Also, your species and Government remain somewhat unknown to us," Mitth'orn'eruod said, as he stepped back to his Commandos, feeling the magnetic pull lessen as distance increased. "Perhaps we could know more of your people, and your purpose here and in these regions, before a decision is offered? You mentioned a basq, what is that?"

Could it be he sensed the metal of the armor, through whatever means of electromagnetic force is present? There are no obvious magnetic generators around, and the consistent sparks across their scales indicate they could very well be the source of this effect... intriguing.

[member="Komoda"]

Komoda

Gris King of Badlands
Komoda watched as [member="Thorne"] looked down at his blaster, and his eyes locked with the blue light flickering off of his scales, with amusement. People were always baffled with the Suchur's energy. "I would propose the Chiss join in an alliance with the people of the Badlands. We would open trade agreements with your people. Your enemies would become our enemies. I see you noticed our magnetic force. It comes from Nalrobi itself. Although, it helps me and my own force abilities it is largely a hindrance to my species. None of my Suchur forces can operate ships and complicated technology without destroying it. It keeps us largely grounded and behind the curve when it comes to military power. We have fierce warriors, but they have no transport. I rule a large territory on this planet, but as far as Cipac, the planets largest city, is concerned I am a false king. I wish to move on the city and claim this world. I want to bring the wonders of this galaxy to my people, and expand the rule of the Badlands. If you wish to return your people to glory it seems our interests align. I would ask you to join a council, alliance, coalition whatever you want to call it, and attempt bring our people to greatness together. As for basq it is like a family, a tribe, somewhere to belong." Komoda looked at Thorne after his long winded speech, realizing he let his passion get away from himself and had risen to his full height. He sat back down recollecting himself and hiss calm demeanor.

Komoda

Gris King of Badlands
"This is acting General [member="Vee Toa"]. Strictly until i find someone more suited for the position at which point he will go back to being Admiral." Komoda said with force. He didn't want Vee basq Toa to forget his place especially in front of guests. Komoda had heard whispers of the Admiral being involved in slave trade and had plans to investigate, but not until this business was concluded.

Matt the Radar Tech

Mitth'orn'eruod listened as King Komoda spoke, taking note of the confirmation of magnetic forces. It was an interesting attribute of the species, certainly, but as mentioned the limitations were quite hindering. Still, the overall purpose of Komoda seemed simple enough, namely to establish himself as the rightful ruler of the planet and to begin his conquest of expanding the Badlands influence. So far, there seemed little that Komoda could offer the Chiss, but a lot the Chiss would be required to offer the Suchur; a severe imbalance of alliance terms or potential, it seemed.

"I can understand the need your people have for seeking more technologically advanced groups," Mitth'orn'eruod began, gloved hands clasped at the base of his back. "Yet I--"

The arrival of another individual, who walked through the Suchur group and presented himself, introduced and spoke briefly. There was a brief exchange between both Komoda and Admiral Toa, before the latter was reprimanded somewhat lightly. It also offered Mitth'orn'eruod an opportunity to hear the full name of the faction he was speaking with, the Badlands Syndicate.

"It is good to meet you, Acting-General Toa," Mitth'orn'eruod said, nodding to the other sentient. "I am Captain Mitth'orn'eruod of the Chiss Ascendancy - you may call me Thorne. King Komoda and myself were just discussing the possible terms of agreement for cooperation between our two groups."

Turning back to the Suchur representative, Mitth'orn'eruod continued.

"As it stands, King Komoda, I see a very large imbalance in what we can offer one another," The Chiss said, his voice passive. "My concern is that you hold no official station among the people of your world, you are understandably technologically deficient and you are arranged in a syndicate of which I have little-to-no knowledge of other members. Were the Chiss Ascendancy to align with your group, who else would we be joining in this alliance? Are there others I am unaware of? And who does Acting-General Toa represent?"

Suddenly things had become a little more difficult. Mitth'orn'eruod had presumed he would be considering specific agreement with the Suchur, and their King, now suddenly there was another member of the group involved, and a proposed Syndicate that the Chiss would be required to be part of, as well as admission that Komoda held no official position of leadership...

"Additionally, to what extent do you expect the Chiss to support your claims for the leadership of this planet? Are we to provide military strength, technology and assist, or are we simply a supporting voice in whatever Suchur tradition is required to become King?"

[member="Komoda"] | [member="Vee Toa"]

Komoda

Gris King of Badlands
"Let us answer the man's concerns first [member="Vee Toa"]. He would be helping us a great deal we at least owe him that. I can handle taking this world. Let me be clear this will be a hostile takeover. I have no claim over the planet beyond my Badlands. I intend to take it because I believe it is being squandered. All i need from you is recognition as rightful ruler of this planet once it is taken. As of right now you are the only one this offer has been extended to, and before we seek anyone else out we shall ask you as an equal partner in this coalition if you approve. As far as I know [member="Vee Toa"] represents my interest only, if it is found out otherwise I assure you there will be repercussions. As far as standing with my people I am still recognized as Ruler of the Badlands. I command a small army and assure you any military campaign you plan in the future, my people will be a strong ally. My territory contains a very diverse black market. You will be supplied with top of the line black market equipment. Suchur may not be able to build tech, but we know how to take it. You should see this alliance as an investment, a seed if you will."
The King glanced at his officer. Suspicions had been building as of the late, and this stranger question his allegiances only fed this. "Granted the Syndicate does seem a sinister name, you must forgive us but this place requires the people to fear you sometimes. We can change this to the Badlands Alliance to alleviate you concerns or even the Chiss alliance it matters not to me."

[member="Thorne"]
[member="Vee Toa"]

Matt the Radar Tech

Mitth'orn'eruod nodded his head to Acting-General Toa.

"Likewise, Acting-General. There are numerous individuals in positions of power within the Chiss Ascendancy, each ruling over a specific area within my culture. Insofar as foreign policy, and subsequently diplomacy, I am the leader. You are speaking to the only individual you must."

As Komoda spoke, the Chiss listened. For all intents and purposes it sounded like a civil war, which wasn't of particular interest to Mitth'orn'eruod. Claims revolving around someone simply wishing to take something tended to result in a lot of rebellion, outcry and galactic interest; there was never any lack of sentient rights warriors prepared to step in to defend those they felt couldn't defend themselves. There were some potential benefits that Mitth'orn'eruod could see, however, such as the black market...

"My suggestion to you is to approach this revolt in a different manner, one that is considerably less forceful and more tactful," Mitth'orn'eruod said simply, looking to Komoda, expression passive. "From what I have seen, your species is barbaric yet not unintelligent, technologically challenged, and you base your actions on existing cultural expectations and norms... such as declaring yourself ruler, and engaging in a bloody civil war.

"What I propose instead, is that you perform this takeover in a more subtle manner. Are your species prone to ill effect from certain foods? Or perhaps the effects of space?"

Crossing his arms, Mitth'orn'eruod inclined his head. He was being blatant,

"My reason here is to avoid drawing attention to your black market, your rise to power, and any self-righteous organizations that may seek to remove it from you... do you understand? Sometimes a war doesn't achieve half of what can be achieved due to an unfortunate accident. That is not to say the Chiss condone or support any such action, and should implications fall on us, I will simply deny any accusations."

Mitth'orn'eruod narrowed his eyes, his eyebrows lowering.

"Should a smooth transition of leadership be delivered, the Chiss may be inclined to operate in the shadows of your black market and unofficially support your rule on this planet. But it won't be free, we expect considerable discount, and mining rights to small, agreed upon sections of land of this planet... is this agreeable?" Mitth'orn'eruod raised an eyebrow. "Please understand, you offer my people less than what we offer you. And our support, while unofficial, can be utilized to benefit you should others seek to take this planet from you... such an example could be a conveniently timed arrival of a Chiss defense force, for an inspection of our mining operation, right when hostile forces may be present above your planet."

Now it came down to whether or not Komoda could see the benefit of the compromise...

[member="Komoda"] | [member="Vee Toa"]

Komoda

Gris King of Badlands
Komoda disapproved at the Chiss suggestion. Taking over by subterfuge was underhanded. If his people found out they would promptly do away with him.

As for his claims on Cipac. "By galactic standards the ruler of this planet is a human that lives far from most of us Suchur. My entire species is the majority of this planet by far, but our galactic representation is chosen by humans and trandoshans. I will have support across this planet to take these lands back. Outsiders are fine here, but don't need to represent this planet. The city is only populated by 40,000 individuals. This won't be a war it will be a battle. One battle. No major forces lay claim over my planet, no one has reason to stop the insurgency. You would be able to publicly support my rule with no one to challenge it."

A show of force would be the only thing his own people would support Komoda reasoned out. Mining rights were difficult to get for outsiders, the Chiss would need to gain support with the Suchur to even allow this. Supporting the Gris King openly would appease the people.

[member="Thorne"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom