Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Bad luck

Takumi Tikotzki

best looking bounty hunter at your service

Bad luck

4235206.jpg

Tags: First one to reply
Planet: //
Clothes: red poncho and some clothes under it(no helmet)
Weapons/Gear: EE-3 carabine rifle | IB-94 blaster pistole | a few thermal detonators | force pike
Ambience: space ambience

An ST-70 Gunship came out of hyperspace, somewhere in space. The location was unknown to the pilot who goes by the name of Takumi aka Tik Tak. As soon as he dropped out of hyperspace, a big boom was heard throughout the ship, followed by the ship shaking intensely and many alarm systems activating, indicating, that something is wrong with the ship. "What in the holy sic-six layer cake just happened?" Takumi asked himself, as he analyzed all the alarm systems. The ship's turbines shut down, making the ship fly through space without control. The electronics also just shut down, making the backup systems activate themselves automatically, to make the important functions work, for example, the system, that lets air go through the ship, so people could actually breathe in the ship. Takumi was safe, but he was in unknown regions and didn't know what to do. He tried to get a message through, but it seemed like that didn't work too. "CARABAST!" he screamed in anger and punched the controls systems with his both fists out of anger, for his current situation and frustration. He scoffed hard and got up of his chair. He had no knowledge of ships and technology of ships, neither were any droids in his ship that could repair his ship. He was all on his own.

Was there anybody to help?

n0m34qi.png
Valery: Appearance
Outfit: Factory Link
Ship: Factory Link!
After several hours of practicing maneuvers in her X-wing, Valery was just about ready to call it a day. She wanted to go through her meditations, do some personal training and prepare dinner at home. But while the computer was plotting the Hyperspace route back to Empress Teta, she noticed a beeping light on her instrument panel.
"Strange..." she muttered to herself.
Along the path, something had been detected that her computer alerted her to. It seemed to be a ship, or what remained of it? She wasn't quite sure but without any further hesitation, Valery made the jump to Hyperspace and dropped back out minutes later, her focus on the ship that seemed to be in trouble.
With a flick of a switch, she sent a message out to see if anybody onboard was still alive.
<Transmission>
"This is Jedi Master Valery Noble — anybody there?"
n0m34qi.png

Takumi Tikotzki

Bad luck

4235206.jpg

Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble
Weapons/Gear: EE-3 carabine rifle | IB-94 blaster pistole | a few thermal detonators | force pike

As the automatic door of the cockpit slid open automatically, Takumi went to the ladders, that lead to the main room of the ship. Right when he made the first step of the ladder, suddenly, a message came through. A woman's voice was heard.

{"This is Jedi Master Valery Noble — anybody there?"}

Completely surprised, Takumi screamed "YES!" and wanted to climb up, but due to his hectic movement, he fell down the ladder and landed very unhealthy on his back, creating a metallic sound as he landed, that was heard through his whole ship. He laid there for some moments in pain, before he got up. He wanted to curse again, but yet he tried to calm his mind. //Everything is fine Tak. Somebody's there. You just have some bad luck that's all. Calm down, you're a professional// he thought to himself, as made his way up again the ladder to the cockpit. Quickly he tapped some buttons on the control center and tried to reply to the message.

"Yes, this is Takumi. My ship malfunctioned, I don't know what to, I ain't no mechanic"
{"Yes, this.......skkrzzz.....malfunctioned.....skkrzzrzzz......mechanic....skrzrzzzz"}

Praying in his head to any god, if there was one, he prayed for his com systems to work, to get the message through. In one way or the other, Takumi knew that this would happen. His ST-70 Gunship was poorly repaired and actually made of spare scrap parts on Bracca. The ship itself was already a piece of crap and a lady just repaired it with more pieces of crap. But hey, it was free. Had he paid for a better ship, he wouldn't be in this mess right now.

"You goddamn piece of rancor shit! Now I need to get help dammit" he said to himself, unknown, that he forgot to turn the com system off before talking, therefore another message came through to the Jedi.

{"Skrzzzz.....rancor.....skrzzzzzz.....help"}

n0m34qi.png
A message was sent out but it remained quiet a bit longer than she liked. If it was just another Ghostship, she wouldn't have cared, but Valery could sense that someone was alive in there. Finally, though, a voice came through, albeit heavily distorted by.. what exactly? She checked to see if anything could cause interference at this distance, but there was nothing.
She figured his communications equipment must be damaged.
<Transmission>
"Stand by, I'll be coming to you."
Valery flicked a switch and targetted his ship with the simple tractor beam she had installed on her X-wing. With that activated, the ship couldn't just suddenly drift off with the man still inside of it. She then opened the canopy of her ship after securing her spacesuit, but before she could make the jump across, she heard something strange.
A Rancor?
She felt nothing that hinted at such a large beast being inside the ship, but to be safe, she drew the hilt of her lightsaber into her hand and jumped over to his gunship. From the outside, she trigger the door to open with her slicing glove, and stepped inside the ship. Reaching up, she removed her helmet and let her long hair cascade down behind her back before shaking it out a little.
"Anybody there?"

n0m34qi.png

Takumi Tikotzki

Bad luck

4235206.jpg

He sighed out of relief. Now it was only a matter of time until he was getting saved. Through the windows of the cockpit, he could already see the X-wing making its way towards his ship. But Takumi wasn't Takumi if his brain would go over thousands of outcomes and possibilities. Therefore he remained skeptical and took out his EE-3 Carabine blaster. Because how would he know, if the person, that would enter now would mean him no harm, right? She could also be a pirate faking to help and then to kidnap him. He started making a plan, how to get the woman. He opened the door, leading to the ladder down to the main room, and waited for her. Now as she opened the door and got in the ship, silence met her for a short time. Takumi didn't reply, he wanted to have the element of surprise on his side. So he waited for her make her way to the ladder, that was at the end of the main corridor of the Gunship, on the left side.

star_wars_mandalorian_razor_crest_vintage_collection_016.jpg

As soon as Valery was next to the ladder, Takumi jumped down, trying a surprise attack. So he landed on her, or rather tried and instantly would try to knock her out with the shaft of his EE-3 carabine blaster.

n0m34qi.png
No response.
She was starting to grow a little suspicious of the situation — if someone was in need of desperate help here, why wouldn't they come over or at least call out to her? Were they trapped inside somewhere, or maybe they had other plans? She wasn't sure but approached with a bit more caution.
Making her way over to the ladder, Valery was about to reach for it when she felt a sudden surge of danger. Something was coming down fast and at the last possible moment, she pulled away. The stock of his rifle still made contact with her face, just above her right eyebrow, and it knocked her over while a small stream of blood ran down. But she wasn't unconscious.
"What the-" In a defensive response, she raised her hand and tried to Telekinetically throw the attacker through the room she was in, mostly to create distance and not so much to hurt him. She had to get up to her feet and deal with what she now believed to be a trap.
n0m34qi.png

Takumi Tikotzki

Bad luck

4235206.jpg

Success! At least was that his first thought, as his surprise attack kind of worked. But little did he know, that his opponent was a force-sensitive being. Therefore, the same reaction came out of Takumi, "What the-" as suddenly he was pulled and thrown to the other side of the room. Due to the force, his EE-3 carabine fell down right next to Valery. With his face, he splashed towards the wall on the other side of the room and fell on his stomach on the ground. A grunt could be heard, when he landed. Still lying to the ground, he took out his IB-94 blaster pistole and aimed at her from the ground. "Are you the good kind of space wizard or the bad kind ?" he asked. In his voice, you could hear, that he was in pain, due to the throw against the metallic durasteel wall, that he kissed with his face. There was no visible wound on his face but it definitely hurt. His Firrerreo DNA would make the wound heal faster anyway.

n0m34qi.png
While her telekinetic attack sent the man flying through the room, Valery got back up to her feet and drew the hilt of her lightsaber back into her hand. A violet blade ignited, which she kept defensively between herself and Takumi, as he crawled back up with a pistol in his hand. If he were to open fire, she would be ready to return it.
Luckily though, he stopped his assault and began to speak instead.
"Are you the good kind of space wizard or the bad kind ?"
Valery tilted her head and lowered her weapon just a little, "I'm a Jedi, so as long as you don't plan on attacking me, everything is going to be okay for you." she disengaged her lightsaber and made her way over, a hand extending so he could pull himself up to his feet again.
"I mentioned it in my call as well. Why did you attack anyway?" she asked as her hand went up to the source of the small bloodstream that was going down from her eyebrow.
n0m34qi.png

Takumi Tikotzki

Bad luck

4235206.jpg

Takumi put his blaster back into his holster before she could help him. He let her help him get up. It seemed like she was one of the good guys. A little grunt came out of him from the pain, but he was ok. "Well if you work in my area, you would trust no one" he replied to her. "You see, everybody can claim to be a Jedi. Thought you might be a pirate faking or something" he added, while he looked at her, and her wound. "I'm sorry for that. I got some medical supplies in my ship, feel free to use it mate" he felt bad for that, but still he would have done it again. It was just defense. Or maybe Takumi was just too paranoid. He went back to the ladder and grabbed his EE-3 carabine. "What is a Jedi doing here?" he asked out of curiosity,

(sorry had to rewrite^^" replied to early)

Last edited:

n0m34qi.png
People faking to be Jedi? She sighed at the thought but nodded, "Fair enough, I suppose. Although I can't see why any pirate would believe there's something to gain from this ship." she looked around for a brief moment, clearly not overly impressed with what she had seen thus far.
He then commented on the injury above her eyebrow, and she reached up to lightly tap against it. Looking at her finger, she still saw some blood, "Eh, it's just a small cut. If you have something to clean it up and cover it, I'll be fine." she offered a faint smile and watched him retrieve his rifle. There was no real reason to believe he'd attack her again, so she returned the hilt of her lightsaber to her belt.
"I was plotting a course back home, and picked up on your ship here. I came to investigate and help, which it seems like you're in need of." Her eyes glanced around again. "Do you know what's wrong with your ship?"
n0m34qi.png

Takumi Tikotzki

Bad luck

4235206.jpg

He took her comment a little offensive, with his hands placed on his hips he began to speak. "EY! What is that supposed to mean? HUH? Not everybody is Jedi and can afford expensive ships. I mean look at it, she's a beauty...." he himself looked around, but soon he came to realize, that indeed, it was just trash. "Well....I mean...Yes ok, it's trash, but it was for free, I can't complain" He sighed, and went to his weapon cabinet, where he would put his EE-3 carabine in. Then he closed the cabinet again.

After he was done, he then went to the back of the room, where he grabbed a first-aid kit that was just lying there. With this kit, he went back to her and offered it to her, he smiled at her chuckling nervously "Sorry again. I guess I'm just....paranoid" he said and went towards the wall, where he leaned towards the wall with his back, slowly sliding down, until he sat on the metallic floor. "I think I messed with the wrong guys" he began to talk quietly, yet good to be heard for Valery, since the room wasn't really big. He looked up at her. "Well, she was fine when I left Kessel. She's a piece of crap, but she worked. I'm beginning to think, that I either have a bad day, or someone did something to it, when I didn't pay attention" he looked around shortly, but then his green and brown eyes met Valerys eyes again. "You see, I kind of had to leave in a rush. Quickly putting in some coordinates to leave" with his right hand he stroked his black and white hair back, that has fallen into his face. "So no, I don't really know what's wrong with her"

n0m34qi.png
Valery blinked at how defensive he got when she made the comment about his ship but figured this ship likely meant something to him. "Most Jedi don't have that much money — our equipment is funded." Valery retorted but he seemed to turn around a little and acknowledge that his ship wasn't exactly the fanciest out there. She chuckled in response and watched as he left to put his weapon away.
When he returned with a medical kit, she accepted it and dipped her head, "It's quite alright, I understand being cautious." she said before she grabbed a small disinfectant spray and applied it liberally. Her jaws clenched briefly at the sharp pain, but she seemed fine moments later when she applied a band-aid to cover it up.
"Messed with the wrong guys? If there is any trouble you can expect, please do tell me. I'd rather not run into more surprises trying to help you." Valery said with slightly narrowed eyes.
"As for your ship, I can start with an engine diagnostic. I'm no engineer... far from it, actually. But I do know a thing or two about ships. So if you can take me there, I'll see what I can do for you."
n0m34qi.png

Takumi Tikotzki

Bad luck

4235206.jpg

"Oh wow, even better. Why doesn't anyone fund the bounty hunter guild? Then I wouldn't fly this ship, but would probably fly an expensive freighter or something" he sarcastically answered. He could have said more about this topic, but he decided to just shut his mouth about it. From what he heard, he wasn't really convinced about Jedis. In his mind, Jedis were only lightsaber-wielding monks, that preach about peace and harmony, but never really do anything. But he didn't have much knowledge about them anyways, so his opinion wasn't backed up with much research and facts.

He quickly stood up. "If you could do that, I would really appreciate that. Unfortunately, I don't know much about repairing ships and stuff..." he said, and went ahead to lead her where she could do an engine diagnostic. On the way there, he would now explain, why he said, that he messed with the wrong guys. "Well Master Jedi, I am a bounty hunter. I found a contract from the pykes on Kessel, that looked for bounty hunters, that could catch some slaves, that escaped the mining facilities there after a big riot" he began to explain, and climbed up the ladders. "For backup, I reached out to a Wookie, who's also a bounty hunter" when he arrived at the top, he held his hand down, for her to grab it, so she could climb more easily. "The contract was pretty suspect, but yet we tried to do it. Little did I know, that the Wookie had other intentions than I. He wanted to free the slaves, I wanted to catch them and get my reward" After he helped, he stepped aside, to let her through, so she could try and help with the ship. He followed afterward of course. "On the way, we got attacked by trandoshans....THAT should have been already my first warning signal. We...killed the trandos, and found the slaves. What the pykes didn't say was, that those slaves were mostly wookies. Now after a little discussion, this Wookie fella....He tried to change my mind about the slaves and well....I've had a change of heart" He stopped for a moment. In his head, it actually sounded like this story would be short, but he talked and talked. Seemed like the story indeed was longer than he expected it to be. So he tried to shorten the story more. "Sooo...long story short, we free the slaves, we get attacked again by trandos, I capture one and because I am a greedy little goblin, I gave the pykes the captured trando and asked for double the payment for the troubles the pykes just caused" he laughed shortly. "I don't think they liked that, but...I made a new friend. A Wookie friend" he sat down again.

n0m34qi.png
She rolled her eyes when he talked about funding for a bounty hunter's guild, but she followed him through the ship fairly quietly. At least, until he mentioned that his job had been to capture slaves that made their escape — it caused her expression to harden quite a bit. Enough to where she didn't take the offered hand and climbed her way up alone.
But when she reached the top, he continued on about what happened during his mission, and she looked at him with some relief in her eyes. "Well, I'm glad you had a change of heart. There are ways to make money that don't involve you contributing to ruining the lives of innocents," she said, her tone a bit cold. Valery was strongly against slavery, so she wasn't quite appreciative of the fact that he had originally wanted to help the Pykes retrieve them.
"But how long ago was this exactly? If the Trandoshans or Pykes are after you..." she didn't finish that sentence and turned towards the computer that monitored the engine and its various sub-systems. A few clicks on the display later and a simple diagnostic was activated.
"I'm going to see if the computer picks up on any malfunctions first. If it does, it'll be easier to find and fix it. If not, I'll have to improvise a bit more."
n0m34qi.png

Takumi Tikotzki

Bad luck

4235206.jpg

Takumi wasn't the best, when it came to reading some actions. Therefore, when she didn't take his hand for help, he didn't mind really. He wasn't really thinking much about it. When Valery talked about the slave thing, Takumi remained quiet. He still had a fight in him about this experience. On one hand, he felt bad for his will to take in slaves and bring them back, but on the other hand, Takumi was someone, focused on money. Takumi didn't grow up learning much about moral and all that stuff, but he had to grow up learning, that life is about the survival of the fittest. So he was still torn apart about his decision. He was more of a rational thinker on that part, or maybe more self-centered and egoistic. He liked to say rational. Sounded better than the other two. So because of this inner fight, Takumi answered only with a simple and rather quiet "Yes". He himself realized, that it was a bad idea to tell a Jedi this stuff. He could consider himself lucky that she remained there and still tried to help him. He didn't add anything to this topic but wanted to quickly shove this topic under the table. He still had to learn, when to shut up...On the other hand, though, she was probably able, to retrieve this experience with the help of the force, but that, Takumi doesn't know.

Scratching the back of his head, he thought strongly. "I mean, just now you could say. I was just dropping out of hyperspace from Kessel. I wanted to quickly disappear and lay low, meet up with....someone" he said. This time, he would shut up and not tell more details. He looked at what Valery was doing in the meantime. Hopefully, she could find the mistake or whatever just broke down. "If you don't find the error, I would appreciate it though, if you could drop me on the closest planet. I'll manage from there. Just so you know" He started having a bad feeling. Like a gut feeling, something was about to happen. Therefore he stood up and looked out the window of the ship. Somehow he felt, like his bad luck, didn't abandon him quite yet. Maybe the Jedi felt the same?

n0m34qi.png
While Valery could feel the conflict within him a little, she wasn't one to dig too deep into the minds of others. Not unless she believed it to be necessary for a particular situation — she respected the privacy of others. Even if she didn't agree with their actions or beliefs.
"Just now?" she blinked and let out a soft sigh. "Well, let's hope for the best then."
Valery then watched the diagnostic and hummed in thought for a moment, before she stepped over to a maintenance shaft. To get inside, she laid down on her back and pulled herself deeper into it, allowing her to take a look at something the computer had signaled her about.
"I think I can fix this problem, but I'm not sure if it's the only one your ship has. We'll have to run some tests after I make the adjustments here." Valery said as she began screwing around a bit. "Can you pass me the hydrospanner?" she asked as she looked down her body towards where he'd be standing.
After he offered it to her, she continued making adjustments for a little while longer. But then she suddenly stopped as a feeling echoed to her through the Force.
"Something is wrong..."
"Grab your rifle again, you might need it."
n0m34qi.png

Takumi Tikotzki

Bad luck

4235206.jpg

He brought her of course the hydrospanner, she asked for. After she grabbed it, he then again went to look outside of the window. He heard Valery and was surprised "Got a bad feeling too?" Takumi wasn't force-sensitive, or at least it was unknown if he was. But both of them were right, as suddenly out of hyperspace, two Patrol ships of the pykes came out. From the window, Takumi could see them, as he now knew, what she was talking about. "On my way" he said quickly and rushed towards his weapon cabinet again. He was already equipped, with his other weapons, those being his IB-94 blaster and a force pike, as well as a few thermal detonators. Quickly he grabbed his EE-3 rifle and with the help of the belt on the weapon, he wore it on his back.

For now, the patrol ships, didn't fire upon the two ships, but they engaged and flew closer towards them. Seemed like they knew, that the ship wasn't working, otherwise, they would have already started firing, at least, that's what Takumi thought. "DANK FARIK what should we do?" He asked quietly himself as a spoken thought of his. He went up again, to Valery. "I don't know if you have ever had contact with pykes. In case you don't, prepare yourself to get boarded or they pull us somewhere else, those tractor beams are the real deal"

n0m34qi.png
With the feeling of imminent trouble, Valery picked up the pace to make the repairs that were necessary to get his ship flying again. In fact, she was so focused on completing her task, that she barely heard what Takumi was saying. As long as he was grabbing his weapons and preparing himself, she knew they were going to be alright in the end.
"There we go." she muttered to herself as she finished up and pulled herself back out the maintenance shaft. Her arms and hands were dirty and her face was covered in sweat from the heat there, but she had fixed the issue. Now she really hoped that was the only problem the ship had.
"Careful with those grenades, and let's welcome the Pykes onboard. They haven't yet opened fire, so they clearly want something from us. Perhaps I can... convince them to back off." Valery explained while she made sure her two lightsabers were secured on her belt.
"If it fails, I need to get to my ship somehow. In my fighter, those patrol ships are no problem to disable. You'd have to stay here and get away with your ship. Does this plan work for you?"
n0m34qi.png

Takumi Tikotzki

Bad luck

4235206.jpg

Takumi looked confused at Valery. With one eyebrow raised and a facial expression that screams confusion, he asked. "You want to convince the pykes to back off?" He let this sentence run through his mind a few times again. "I mean, worth a shot? But I don't know how you want to accomplish that. Pykes aren't famous for...negotiating" He looked outside the window again. "The fact, that they found us, means that they put a tracker on my ship. I agree they want something...My head" he added to it. He tried to remain calm, but in his head, he was a wrack. He clearly got into something way ahead of his skills.

He sighed. "I can buy you some time. That should be no problem" Right as he said that the pykes transmitted a message to the ST-70 Gunship. "We know you are in there. Whoever is with you, you are free to walk away, we have no quarrel with you. However, if you stay, be prepared to die if you refuse to cooperate. We want the bounty hunter" while the message played, the ships of the pykes came to a stop. They set everything up for the tractor beams, to board the ship. Takumi went to the ladders, he looked at Valery. "I owe you, Master Jedi...Big time" he said.

n0m34qi.png
"If they got a tracker on your ship, land on the closest planet and either remove it or ditch the ship," Valery said before she began to move down to the docking port, so she could get back to her own fighter. If they allowed her to leave, she'd be able to enter her X-wing and get between them.
"Buy me some time, and I'll handle the Pykes." she made sure her space suit was secured but right before getting out of the ship, he looked over and thanked her for helping. Looking his way, she offered a quick smile and nodded before she got out and made her way over to her ship.
Climbing back into the cockpit, she disengaged her own tractor beam and powered up the ship. But rather than depart and leave Takumi behind, the s-foils of her modified X-wing suddenly switched to attack position and the nose of her ship turned towards the Pyke vessels.
<Transmission>
"Pyke Syndicate, this is Jedi Master Valery Noble. I understand why you're here but your choice is quite simple. Either you leave now with empty hands, or I will have to disable your ships. Any action taken against the Gunship will be considered hostile."
n0m34qi.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom