Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Bad Boys Bad Boys, What Ya Gonna Do?

Deleted

D
Hotch was sitting in the speeder listening to Harvey describe a horrible scenario. Somebody in the precinct knew about this? How many dirty cops did this city have? She felt her stomach turn as Harvey continued and suddenly it felt like he was talking from a far away tunnel as the flashback started.

but he's even better at sneaking parts out of the vics

A month after her little sister went missing.... she could remember it clearly because she and her other sister were hiding on the stairs and listening to their mom and dad talk to a detective.

"I'm sorry we don't have any news on your daughter Mrs. Hotchner. This Riley Jenkins case might be related though."

"Is it.... is.... is it true you found the boy... wit...with..without his lungs?"

The little girls never heard the detective nod but they did hear their mother scream and collapse.

The sharp turn was enough to snap Kaylee out of her flashback. This wasn't a question about wanting to take down Munor. She HAD to see this through. It would gnaw at her insides if she let the first possible lead in a decades old cold case slip through her fingers.

"Let's go back to the station. Tell the chief you can't work with me. Partners break up all the time. Get you off the case and then it won't matter what I do."

Harvey Denson Harvey Denson

RZ1yv8F.png

Nfg578H.png
Harvey tossed his partner a look of wounded surprise, as if somehow slighted by her willingness to do this alone. He wagged a finger, shaking his head.

Ohh no. No, no, no. There’s no way in hell I’m letting you deal with Munor alone. It ain’t happenin’.

He scratched his chin for a long while, clearly in much deeper thought than he’d been in all morning. When he finally broke the silence, he looked over to Hotch with the eyes of a man who had a plan.

When we get back, I’ll do the talking. The chief and I go way back - and let’s be honest here… he probably knows something about Munor. It takes a web to keep spiders safe.

He reached for his flask, downed a gulp, then carried on.

I’ll make up some bullshit break in the case while you load up every damn file you can find on this guy. Every scrap. Then, we work this thing.

Harvey couldn’t tell if she were more concerned with his sudden change of heart or the depth of CSF’s corruption, but he offered her a touch of reassurance.

You wanna throw chit at the fan, yeah? Fine. Let’s make sure we have umbrellas, first.

Deleted

D
Hotch was surprised he had changed his mind so quickly. It was nice he was willing to back her up, but she wasn’t sure how to feel about the fact that the chief might be in on this.

She nodded at his suggestion, not even taking in the fact he was drinking and driving again.

“How deep do you think this thing goes?”

Was she going to have to worry about whatever family she had left?

RZ1yv8F.png

Nfg578H.png
"No tellin'," Harvey said honestly.

"Could run as deep as Munor and his employers. Could be the chief. The commissioner. That's the thing," he warned with a side-eye, "you never know who's in on it until you start digging."

They weren't far from the station now. He knew better than to help her with this. Harvey didn't sleep in the same bed as Munor, but they were staying in the same chitty motel. One of the tenants gets found out, it starts to panic the management. And while it's been a sweet deal not to have run-ins with the hands that pull strings in the CSF, Harv was in a bad spot to be so blind in the operation.

Hotch didn't know that, though. She couldn't. His eyes flicked down to the glovebox, where his blaster stayed. She wouldn't.

He sighed as he brought the speeder into the garage, looking to her with a pleading expression.

"This is a bad idea, kid."

Deleted

D
“This is our job. You didn’t join the force to take a back seat to thugs did you?”

She had that naive new officer energy that could be so annoying to the battle worn vets that had seen some stuff. This was more than that though. He seemed genuinely scared. Maybe the corruption was sitting in a speeder next to her.

“Look I didn’t sign on to turn a blind eye to someone with enough creds. I’ve told you that you don’t have to go in there with me but somebody has to protect and serve around this place.”

RZ1yv8F.png

Nfg578H.png
Harvey scoffed. She really didn't get it, but then again, she had that new-cop scent that hit you from a mile away. Too bad... the force could really use more cops like her. Be a shame to see her wasted by Munor.

"The only thing you'll be 'protecting and serving' is the inside of your casket, Hotch. Trust me, these guys - you don't just take these guys down on a... on a, uh..." he tapped at the monitor in the dashboard of the car, where the date and time were displayed.

"- on a Tuesday, fuck's sake..."

No, this was deeper than she knew. Deeper even than he knew. She needed a plan, one that was better than waltzing into the station and cuffing people. He debated how much to let her in on. Lim Caliber Lim Caliber was the only one on the force who had an inkling of what he'd been up to the last few years, but even that was an accidental light cast from a nark in the Family who coincidentally was no longer among the living. It took months to get Cal off his shit, and even then, he could feel the man's eyes boreing holes into his back when he turned away. It'd never be the same again.

Kaylee would probably just cuff him on the spot, if not put a slug in him.

'Play it safe,' he thought. Better that way.

"This needs more time to cook," Harvey said matter-of-factly. "There's more to this than we know, and we can't just walk into the M.E.'s office and slap Munor in cuffs. We gotta let this marinate, really seal in the flavor before we shoot him down."

He cracked a grimy smile, not hiding the low rumble in his gut.

"Plus, it's almost lunchtime. And I could eat just about anything, my treat."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom