Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad Apple

The Rest’s detention ward. It had been a while since Jyoti had been there, not since after the Sith Empire’s incursion of Kashyyyk. Back then it had been filled to the brim with SIth and other Darksiders captured after the withdrawal of the SE, but they were long gone, moved to [SIZE=11pt]more more[/SIZE] permanent facilities.

Now the ward was empty once more.

Mostly.

Only hours before, Charlie [SIZE=11pt]and and[/SIZE] a pair of Temple Guards had brought in a rowdy renegade “Jedi” from ruins after a violent altercation. From what she could glean from Charlie, the woman was a deserter from the New Jedi Order. With the GA all but gone, it would be difficult to verify that information even with her connections to SIS and the NJO. Given the GA’s trouble with corruption, the Shadow would handle her like an enemy agent for now.

She didn’t immediately make a b-line for the woman’s cellhttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cgjcz4YUcAAuLtC.jpg with [SIZE=11pt]Charlie,[/SIZE] but made her way to the security room to observe the the rogue for some initial profiling.

Inside she found some Temple Guards and a fellow Shadow, a Bothan Jedi Master.

“Master Nooran,” he greeted, stroking his whiskers. “Right on time. Are you ready for questioning?”

“Master [SIZE=11pt]Lihisa[/SIZE],” she greeted in kind with a small nod. “Not yet, I’d like to get a feel for our new ‘guest’. How has she been?”

“Compliant, but then there isn’t much she can do with a Ysalamiri cage
[SIZE=11pt]next[/SIZE] her cell.”

“It’s a bit generous calling these rooms cells. They’re nicer than some hotel rooms.”

They were certainly nicer than her dorm back on Coruscant in her Padawan days. The relatively luxurious cells fit in with the SJO’s philosophy of rehabilitation over punishment for the incarcerated. As long as the woman behaved, then she wouldn’t be moved to a real prison with no such amenities.

Jyoti moved in front of the row of feeds, settling her silver eyes on the monitoring the woman’s cell.

[member="Charlie"], [member="Samka Derith"]

This was a rather unfortunate turn of events.

Coming to the heart of Silver Jedi space had always been a risk but the young Ren had been certain of her capabilities. Unfortunately the deck had been stacked against her in more ways than she'd expected. It simply wasn't fair. That irritation ticked within her and had caused her to pace in small circles or tap the surrounding furniture in irritation.

She didn't remember how she'd ended up here but given the lack of any visible exit, it was clear she was being imprisoned. The young woman had made use of her time to check the rooms for cameras and bugs. She searched the bed, the desk the walls, the ceiling, the window, the lights, the sink and toliet. Anywhere she could think of. It confirmed her suspicions , she was monitored as well. That, too, irritated her. It was entirely expected, she'd be doing worse if the situation were reversed yet nonetheless Samka found it repulsive to be on the receiving end. It was not that she was being spied on, Ren were secretly monitored on a regular basis to be certain of their loyalties so she'd long grown accustomed to others listening in, it was who was listening.

The idea of Jedi, or their friends, leering at her behind a monitor was enough to make her blood boil. She was better than them and did not deserve to be gawked at by her lessers as though she were an animal in a zoo.

It was enough that Sam had now shifted the majority of her time to spend in the bathroom where there was a faint chance they may have respected human privacy and not set up a camera. Possibly. Here she gazed at her own image in the bathroom's reflective surfaces. Not mirrors, no, they could be smashed into a dozen sharp edges, a dozen weapons. Instead some smooth foreign material embedded into the wall cast her reflection back at her. Her disguise had fallen away now, the corruption of the Dark Side worn on her otherwise innocent, youthful features. Her irises glowed a terrible crimson while her skin was pale as snow.

Sighing to herself, Samka ran her fingers through her darkened locks, brushing her fringe to the side. There was nothing else to do for the time being, escape being a more long term prospect until she better understood her situation, she may as well tidy her appearance.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"] | [member="Charlie"]​

No words were exchanged between the two women on either side of the camera, but to the Echani, a master of kinetic communication, the rogue's actions painted quite the story of her character.

Most people in this situation would be fearful, but she didn't perceive any such sense of anxiety as she watched her pace or loiter in the semi-closed restroom (yes that was monitored, too). Instead, she saw frustration, indignation, anger. This woman was used to holding the reins of power, so it must have been a gross insult to now be under the thumb of her advesaries.

She had a real 'princess' on her hands.

Just peachy.

She could be considered attractive, but her features were marred by a sickly pallor, and burning crimson eyes - the telltale signs of corruption. The woman's story about being a Jedi with the NJO now seemed more far fetched.

"I've seen enough," she told Lihisa. "I'm ready to speak with her. Charlie, stay here in the security room and watch what I do. Someday you'll be expected to carry out your own interrogations."

She left the room for the main hall, where she soon bumped into a pair of Temple Guard standing near the door of the woman's cell. She could feel them standing right at the edges of the bubble being produced by the resident Yaslamir in its cage, a blind spot seemingly devoid the Force.

The Guardians both bowed in respect to the Shadow, and she returned their gesture in turn before proceeding forward, passing into the bubble. Right at that moment, the whole universe seemed to go silent as her abilities were suppressed. Explaining it once to an NFU, she described the sensation as being akin to being rendered blind and deaf. Training had made the sensation less jarring, but the silence still made her uneasy. She did not envy the woman who had already been there for hours.

A Temple Guard joined her, unlocking the door for her so she could pass through. Now unlocked, it slid open with an especially loud swoosh, purposely designed in such a manner to discourage escape.

"Elizah?" she called out, only taking a couple steps until she was just past the entrance of the cell. Her flowing white robes and the chrome hilt on her hip would immediately mark her as a Jedi.

"I'm Jyoti Nooran, Charlie's master."

[member="Charlie"], [member="Samka Derith"]

The sound of a doorway hissing brought her attention. Samka froze where she stood, body tense and ready to fight or flee should the need arise.

"Elizah?" Footsteps. "I'm Jyoti Nooran, Charlie's master."

She stood in the bathroom for another moment, waiting to see if there was more but only silence followed. Taking a breath, the young Ren turned on her heels to walk back into the main room. The main part of her cell. As much comfort as they may provide, she was being detained there.

The door to the bathroom slid open and Samka took a step through. She stood in the doorway, a girl so small and petite in stature, regarding the Jedi woman with wide, curious eyes. Before anything else, her attention fell to the weapon at her belt. A stronger, and less intelligent, prisoner may make a move for it but Samka's strengths did not lie in physical power. No amount of training could change her natural build, it was a fact that she would more likely than not lose any physical confrontation without the aid of the Force.

Instead she relaxed, her posture slackening somewhat upon regarding the elder woman and realising there was no immediate threat. "She spoke very highly of you," her Imperial voice was soft, young and with an undertone of menace behind it. "I hope you won't disappoint." She stood with an arched brow, waiting for the questions to begin. She had a few of her own but it would be more polite to let the host take the lead for the time being.

[member="Charlie"] | [member="Jyoti Nooran"]​

As they entered the detention center, Charlie had never expected to be coming here. Especially to see a certain person. Hands nervously patted down her tunic as she tried to think of something to say. Was she right to have mentioned something to Jyoti? Nodding her head, she knew she had to especially after everything that had happened.

The padawan, entered the room with her Master and watched the screens. Elizah looked nothing like the girl she had seen in the shrine. Seeing the change made the Padawan frustrated, even angry. The desire for friendship was used against her like a weakness.

“Why does she look like that?” Her question would go unanswered as her Master over rode it with orders to stay and learn. Charlie nodded obediently and returned her attention to the monitors.

They spoke and Charlie cursed under her breath as she hated anything and everything she assumed the girl to have been. Pushing her emotions aside, she focused doing her best to separate herself from the events of the shrine.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Samka Derith"]

Out of the bathroom stepped the woman after Jyoti called for her. She didn't much older than Charlie, and was even smaller. Even without her glamour, the Echani could see how she would have initially appeared so non-threatening to Charlie.

Jyoti knew better than most how appearances could be deceiving. Some of the most devious things could come in the most alluring packages.

She spoke with a crisp accent reminiscent of Coruscanti or even Eriaduan, the language of the elites and Imperials. Likely born into money. At this point, she was certain this woman's story about being with the NJO was hogwash.

After the door finally slid shut, Jyoti took a few steps forward, coming closer to the woman and making their size difference all the more apparent. She didn't immediately respond just staring down at prisoner for about a good minute, occasionally glancing down at her own belt where her lightsaber hung. She hadn't missed the woman looking at it, and now it was within easy reach to grab if she dared.

Jyoti almost hoped she did, that would make her job so much easier.

"That shouldn't be a problem, you already set the bar pretty low getting throttled by my apprentice."

She let that verbal jab marinate while she turned away, venturing deeper into the room for the inbuilt desk at the far end, back now fully turned to the prisoner.

[member="Samka Derith"] [member="Charlie"]

Samka's head cocked to the side as she watched the Jedi turn away. Jedi always had to be rude. Rudeness irked her. No wonder she hated their kind. On the surface however, she refused to let that show. Instead she smiled pleasantly, held her hands in front of her and gently rocked back and forth.

"You would... consider that a low bar?" Samka asked, "Your apprentice did well, she's powerful. You should have more faith in her." Her gaze briefly flickered around the room, wondering if the girl from the Shrine could be listening in. A shame it had come to what it had really but business was business.

She continued to stand in the doorway to the bathroom watching the Jedi Master with large, curious eyes. The Ren wondered what the point of this was, what was the approach? So far it seemed the Jedi favoured intimidation, an effort had been made to size them up together with the biting remark. Samka was used to it. Her life spent with brutish Stormtroopers and courting Sith Lords. She was often the smallest figure in the room, it made no difference to her by now.

A multitude of questions passed through her mind. Her location, her possessions, their plans for her but instead the young Ren settled on something entirely different.

"How is she? Charlie?" Samka asked, head still turned to the side as she spoke. There was an expression of concern on her face but how genuine it was would be anyone's guess.

Charlie remained quiet as she watched Jyoti began sizing up the other woman. Answers were wanted, and Charlie felt as if this was going to take longer than she had expected. It was obvious that when doing this, the Padawan would need to have the same patience as her Master does in this aspect. Brute force wasn’t the answer. Sighing softly, Charlie listened and took mental notes.

It wasn’t until Elizah mentioned Charlie. She had asked how the padawan was doing. Charlie stood there and looked through the monitors and bit her finger. What was the point of asking? Was there some sort of reason she would do so? Charlie shook her head and waited for her Master’s response.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Samka Derith"]

She turned back to face the woman as she leaned against the desk, lips slightly upturned in a small smirk.

'Elizah' was good, Jyoti couldn't deny that. She appeared to keep her bearing in face of the Echani's blatant insult, and even appeared to feign concern. If it wasn't for the corrupted state of her appearance, and the fact that she knew the woman had just tried to murder her apprentice, then she might even consider her sincere.

Jyoti decided to keep probing, still profiling her.

"I trust in her completely." she cooly replied. "My statement wasn't about her ability, but yours. She barely broke a sweat taking you down, to answer your question. You couldn't even enter the temple without her help. I'm really wondering if you're even worth my time, to be honest. This matter wouldn't have even come to my attention if it didn't involve Charlie in the first place."

Her smirk faded. "I wonder what your handlers would think of your failure on such a simple job? Your kind doesn't seem to be very forgiving."

She really had no confirmation that the woman was some kind of operative, even if all the evidence was pointing to that, but she gave off an air of confidence like she did. Through her inferences she wanted the woman to slip up and reveal information about herself that could be exploited later.

"Will they leave you here to rot? Or eventually, send someone to take you out as a compromised asset?"

Hm.

So this was the plan. To get under her skin. What a charming woman. Irritation brewed inside of her. In other scenarios, she'd be choking the Jedi where she stood but no, not today. For some reason the words of her 4th grade teacher, Madam Tregu, came back to her:

"They're trying to make you angry, Samy. That's why you don't react. That's how you win."

The Ren frowned at her own thoughts. While the advice was somehow relevant, she'd have expected the teachings of the Knights of Ren to come to mind before the teachings of Lady Ilka's School for Gifted Girls. Was she still severed from the Dark Side? Did that somehow impact her thoughts, her teachings? It was hard to tell with that wretched lizard nearby so she'd pin the thought for later, something to dwell on once the silver haired Jedi had left.

"With respect, Miss Nooran, you weren't there," Samka began to smile pleasantly, falling back on her traditional mask. "My inability to solo traverse a Shrine strong in the Light is no more a blight on my talent than your inability to channel Dark energy in Sith tombs," she explained. "Although I'm glad Charlie is okay, thank you"

"And I don't have 'kind'," she continued. "Nobody is coming to save me nor kill me because I work alone, I always have done," the girl shrugged nonchalantly up at the ceiling. "Make of that what you will."

There was something. The signs were subtle, but the Echani could she was affecting the woman, though to her credit she kept her bearing. It gave her an idea to try a different track.

She didn't believe for an instant that she was working alone, but it wasn't something she could verify right now. For now, Jyoti decided to play along, and wait for her to slip up later.

"Charlie adored you," she said, now switching gears, smirk fading for a more somber expression. "She didn't say as much, but I could see in the way she was shaking from your betrayal. The funny thing is, that you had come to us from the start and been honest, then we may have helped you. Charlie who you seem to care about would still be around. Ironically, by giving us the benefit of the doubt, you could have gotten everything you wanted."

No doubt the woman would have a hard time believing that, but the proof was in the Silver Order's relations with the Confederacy. The CIS was led by Sith, yet the two groups got along from a mutual fatigue of pointless religious crusades. For better or worse, the SJO was a pragmatic bunch, generally more tolerant of Dark Siders than their more militant counterparts. Jyoti herself counted a Sith among her circle of friends.

"Do you really like being on your own? Do you think that artifact was worth cross a potential companion?"

"Charlie adored someone else, someone who didn't exist," Samka explained, her tone almost apologetic. "If I was, well, me... I don't think you'd like me at all," the smile on the Ren's lips creeping into something more devilish for the briefest of moments.

"If I may be blunt, Master Nooran, my intention was to steal a priceless Ancient Jedi artefact and use it to further my own power," she continued ever on with her polite smile. "I don't believe you'd have helped me. Jedi have not taken too kindly to me in the past. It's almost been a sort of kill on sight policy." It wasn't a lie this time. The best way to confuse and frustrate was to mix the lies with the truth, besides, there was no point in generating ill will between them on a personal level. Yes, she'd relish the chance to murder the silver haired woman before her for her insults. But that would have to wait. For the time being, she'd have to show that she was a reasonable sort.

And not stoop to the poor level of manners the Jedi had.

"Charlie could not be my companion, I don't think you'd have allowed it and I don't think she'd have wanted to be when faced with my reality," Samka's voice almost wistful as she leaned on her side into the door frame. "So go ahead. What's to be done with me? I don't expect you people keep those... magma cells and such?"

Her shift in approach worked, getting a feel for the real woman under the persona of Elizah. She actually found the revelation quite refreshing and the woman had done the trouble of advancing them to the meat of the matter.

"I don't really believe that," she said with a small shake of the head. "Even if it was an act, you showed the potential of what you could be if you wanted."

"I appreciate your honesty," she admitted. "I'd prefer it if you were yourself instead of putting up an act, we're both better than that. Though I find it funny how you speak of negative encounters with Jedi in the past, but your actions may have only perpetuated the cycle. Why do you think some Jedi are so unforgiving of the Sith, Ren, and other Dark Siders? Because you do things like this, coming into our home just to lie to us. To hurt us. Not too long ago, the Sith Empire attacked Kashyyyk for no other reason than as a reminder that they were still around. So many people died for nothing."

"I'll be the first to admit that we've made mistakes as Jedi, but you're certainly not helping."

She unclipped her communicator from her belt, then brought up a holorecording with a few thumb flicks. She came a few steps closer to the woman, then held up the communicator for her to get a better view of the holorecording. It was a recording of a party based held within the walls of the main temple complex, full of cheery people dancing and having a good time.

"This was from the time the Silver Jedi first relocated to Kashyyyk to make one of our satellite locations our new home. At first, it just looks like any other party. But what if I was to tell you that there was Sith there among us, all safe and happy? There were no enemies that night."

She let the hologram play for a few more moments before shutting it off and returning the communicator to her belt.

"A few years ago, there was a fledgling republic called the Dominion. They worked under the idea that all groups, including Sith and Jedi, could find common ground for the betterment of the galaxy. Despite our critics, the Silver Order supported the ideas of the Dominion. I suppose the next best thing may be the Confederacy today."

"I'm going on a tangent, but the point I'm trying to make is that not all Jedi make it their life's purpose to hunt down Dark Siders or 'kill them on sight' as you mentioned. Honestly, no one would have batted an eye if you had been executed at that temple, or we just locked you away now, but that's not our way."

"In the grand scheme of things, you really didn't do much. However, we can't just let you go scot free, and I know you're still hiding things from me. I suppose for now if you behave, we'll allow you to stay here until we believe you're no longer a threat. Though I would also like the opportunity to show you what the SJO is all about, and prove you wrong about us."

[member="Samka Derith"]

"You don't know me at all," Samka said simply. Where did her lies end and reality begin? Even Samka herself could not say. It was what she'd done her entire adult life. It was her job. To play one role or another.

To be innocent. Or diplomatic. Or ladylike. Or a monster.

Were any of them her? It didn't really matter. She was an agent of the Supreme Leader. She was whatever she needed him to be.

"Now... forgive me," Samka frowned as though trying to recall some distant fact she was barely aware of, "but did the Silver Jedi not make the first strike against the Sith Empire?" She'd been there, aiding a Sith Knight organise his defences. "The Silver Jedi then fled to Kashyyyk before retaliation could take place. The Sith strike was... revenge, no?" Her head cocked to the side, curious to see Jyoti's response. She knew of the Dominion too.

She'd helped kill them.

But in spite of it all, her head bowed slightly at Jyoti's last statement as a small mark of respect. "We shall see what the future shall bring, Master Nooran." These tours could be a potential avenue for escape. Or revenge. "Do you want anything else from me, Master Jedi?"

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]​

The woman's response was interesting. For a supposed loner, the woman seemed quite spun up on events. More interesting was that she was parroting the talking points of the Sith Empire...and the First Order.

Hmm.

"No, actually the Silver Jedi didn't. The current leaders of the Sith Empire have terrorized the people of Silver Space for years before we finally went on the offensive. They've gone by many names. The Sith Order, The Sith Assassins, Ascendency, etc. WIthout provocation, they have struck us at Midvinter, Ossus, even at Voss itself. A name change and paint job don't absolve those people of their crimes."

"And to answer your question, the Sith didn't come for us at Voss while we were still there for months after Mirial, but they did enjoy slaughtering innocent civilians at Felucia as a feel-good measure."

She just quietly studied the woman for a while, thinking about her second question. There were many things she wanted.

Finally, she just shrugged and shook her head.

"Nothing for now. I'd like your real name but I suppose I'll just content myself with Elizah for now. Until you're ready, that is. As long as you prove yourself not to be a threat, then there will be no problems. Guards will come around soon to feed you and give you a change of clothes. I hope you don't mind robes."

She gave Elizah a small bow before stepping past her for the door. She was gone with a few loud whooshes, leaving the woman alone once more.

A couple of minutes later, she was back in the security room with Charlie. No doubt she would be reeling from the display of Elizah's true nature.

"You were dealing with quite the dangerous character." she reached out to stroke Charlie on the shoulder. "You did well bringing her in."

So that was the excuse. She'd always wondered about the logic, it wasn't as daft as it seemed on first glance. Still evidence to her of the Jedi sticking their self-righteous noses where they did not belong though. But publicly she nodded along with Jyoti's words.

"You're right, the Jedi and Sith have slaughtered one another for as far back as any historian can evaluate. Which is exactly why no amount of jolly campfire songs can make a dent. Bad blood," the Ren spoke grimly. "The Dominion collapsed because of it. Or so I've heard."

A knowing smirk then crossed her features when the Jedi asked of her name. "Yes, Elizah will do fine for the time being," she nodded in acknowledgement. "And I'd rather like to get out of these clothes, they're starting to have an unpleasant odour."

Samka gave a small wave with her fingertips at the Jedi Master as she left and she was alone once more. Interesting woman. A bit aggressive. A bit naive. A bit rude. Probably not one to underestimate. Samka held her hands behind her and began to pace once more. She'd done a fair job so far, her intention not being to fool the Jedi with a single story but to create many possibilities for the time being until she found one which suited her best.

She poked at her shirt. It was true. She'd spent a lot of time in these clothes doing much strenuous activity through Kashyyyk's heat. It was starting to smell rather ghastly. How embarrassing. The change of clothes could not get here fast enough.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]​

[SIZE=10pt]The interrogation was interesting to watch, to see the different angles that were being taken and the tension that was building up behind the calm demeanors of the women. Charlie frowned seeing the angle that Jyoti had taken, she felt like a pawn in the middle of pair of women conversation. Elizah tried to use her against Jyoti and vice versa. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Turning away from the monitors she leaned against one of the walls and did her best not to watch them anymore. She listened though and hearing that her Master was done, it meant the woman was on her way back. Jyoti returned, and Charlie straighten her stance. There were swirls of emotions that the padawan couldn’t figure out, several about the situation and even more about the woman that was contained in the cell. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The touch from her Master brought an odd calm, settling the emotions for the time being. “She is. I can see that now. All I wanted to do was help her.” Charlie sighed and bit on her thumb in frustration. “I liked her. She was like me. I just –“ The padawan stopped herself, the more she spoke on it the dumber she felt. Looking back towards the monitor feed, Charlie frowned. “Why does she look like that? She didn’t when we first met.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt][member="Samka Derith"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"] [/SIZE]

Naturally, Charlie had many questions about Elizah, still looking quite wounded from the betrayal. She gave Charlie pat on a shoulder and took a seat in a spare chair before the monitors. Against the backdrop of the dim lighting in the darkly lit room, the Echani took on a ghostly glow in her white robes.

"She looks like that because her body is beginning to decay from the excessive use of the Dark Side energies. If she continues on her path, it will eat away at her body, possibly warp it into something more monstrous. When she could use the Force, she could hide her decay with one of many camouflage techniques, but without her power, you see Elizah in her true form."

She spun around in the chair to face the control console for the monitoring system, studying a current feed of Elizah while rewinding their past conversation for some preliminary analysis. She waved over Charlie to join her.

“It’s always devastating, being conned. Let that be a lesson that you should be more judicious with your trust. When you meet someone, you can’t assume that they’ll treat you like me or anyone else in the Silver Order. Most people are always working an angle in pursuit of an agenda, and it’s up to you to figure that out what it is.”

[member="Charlie"]

[SIZE=10pt]Charlie watched the feed listening to the conversation again with her Master. She didn’t sit, instead kept her full attention on the monitor. Why would someone want to follow the path of the Dark side if this was the result of it? To lose one self to the decay of it, it didn’t make any sense to the padawan. Charlie as lucky enough to get out of this alive, the woman in the cell could have torn her apart, but she didn’t. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]It would be foolish to assume that Elizah didn’t kill the girl outright because of something internally tell her not to, to think that or to even accept it as a possibility would ruin the lesson for the day. Charlie covered her mouth slightly as she was deep in thought, playing back what had occurred at the shrine. Trying to pick apart their own conversations, she wished she could relive them again – maybe she would be able to get something. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Why would anyone want this? Are they naïve to the thought that the dark side had no side effects?” Remembering old tales about the Sith Lords of old and seeing crude artwork of them, Charlie shook her head. “Is there any way to reverse it or is she going to look like this forever?” Despite everything, Charlie did wonder if there was something salvageable inside of the girl. “When she told me about her past – I don’t even know if it really was a true story – she sounded sad, like she may have regretted getting herself into it.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Sighing, Charlie scratched the side of her head only to use it as a cover up for her smacking her own head in regards of being stupid in this matter – being fooled. “Am I supposed to suspect everyone is working an angle? That they really just don’t want to be kind to me?” The frown that the girl had form the moment they walked in the door never left as she stared at her ghostly looking Master.[/SIZE]

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

"The Dark Side isn't some esoteric thing. You've felt it as I do. It's quick and easy, and initially leaves you feeling like a million credits during use. That's why even the most experienced Jedi can struggle with the Dark Side as we navigate through the hazards of life."

She had rewound to the part of the conversation where she first insulted Elizah and turned, a hint of a smirk on her face as she read Elizah's reaction.

"But just like a hit of spice, any benefits of the Dark Side is short lived. A source of strength becomes one of weakness as you crave it more after each use. Whatever goals or ambitions you had for yourself are eventually forgotten in a blind pursuit of power. That next big hit. Everything becomes an obstacle to power, including friends and family. The Dark Side exacts a heavy toll on those who give into its seduction."

"There are those, like the Sith, who think they can control the Dark Side in a supreme act of hubris. Though as we've seen time and time again, it all ends with the Dark Side controlling them, leading to self-destruction."

She began to run Elizah's words through a linguistic filter, a vast internal database of all known languages and dialects like those available to any decent protocol Droid. The results generated from the filter was near instantaneous, confirming her hunch with high accuracy for the Eradiuan derivative common in the South end of the galaxy.

That was First Order space these days.

"In your time with me investigating organized crime, I think you already know the answer to that question. However, bad intentions aren't always so obvious, especially when wrapped in such an alluring package. The original Jedi Order failed to see the threat in Palaptine during his rise to power, even when the signs were so obvious. On the surface, he didn't resemble their archaic notions of a Sith."

She intentionally didn't acknowledge Charlie's question about reversing the effects of the Dark Side. Like she wanted to "fix" her. Just as she had been profiling Elizah before, she was now analyzing Charlie and her response to the woman's betrayal.

"As a reminder, you're still cut off from direct contact with Elizah. It hasn't even been a full day since her arrest, and I can feel that your emotions are still running high."

At the end of their exchange, Elizah seemed to have expressed equal amounts of disdain for both Jedi and Sith. Probably not a Sith herself, those zealots believed they were the universe's gift to the galaxy and could do no wrong.

With all the bits she had elicited from Elizah during the interrogation, she was approaching a final conclusion.

She was dealing with a Ren.

She swung back to face Charlie. now finished.

"I think it's best you take a couple nights off. It's unfortunate how all this turned out, but you did good work overcoming your shortcomings to bring her to the point. All in all, no one was hurt except for some mad Wookiees and perhaps the pride of our resident Dark Sider."

Now she was smiling. "So, go hang out with your friends, and stuff your face with all the Twinkies. Tomorrow night we can even hit up Randon for cheeseburgers. What do you say?"

[member="Charlie"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom