Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Backorder

Jax-temp.png

Wearing: xxx
Tag: Addison Porte Addison Porte

Fort Bastion, Corellia, it was a marvel of military might and genius, and also a great source of supplies the Enclave on Jakku desperately needed. Romi Jade Romi Jade had gotten herself into some kind of trouble, and Jackson had been sent on more supply runs since in an attempt to keep him away from it all. His master was in a situation that he was powerless to assist with, and the helpless feeling was eating away at him.

Why couldn’t he just snap his fingers and fix it all.

The Enclave needed Romi. She was the heart and soul of it. Lossa would do well enough, but it was not her vision, and she was just a padawan herself. Briana was… not officially a student of the Enclave in the sense Valery Noble was her master. Then there was the tension everyone could feel about those thinking another master should be appointed to oversee the Enclave. Judah was present a lot more on Jakku as a result, and even that felt… awkward.

Something was there between them. Jackson knew it. He was not even sure Judah was actually his uncle, it was just what everyone seemed to think. All he knew was that when he looked in a mirror he looked more like Judah than he did his supposed father. He did not want to ask or even explore. Neither of them needed the truth of whatever that might uncover, not yet anyway.

He was supposed to meet his contact at the Jaggalor Club Bar. It was designed for military and civilian alike. It was certainly much safer and less seedier looking than a place like Mos Eisley’s on Tatooine. Jax shook his head to clear his mind of the wayward thought as he walked into the fine establishment. It smelled as one would expect from a place that served copious amounts of alcohol. Soldiers lived to drink, it was almost a universal truth in the galaxy.

They had agreed to meet in one of the back booths. Jackson did not see that any of them were occupied, so he chose the one which gave him a direct line of sight to the front entrance where he expected anyone he was meeting to walk in.

Porte.

Jackson read up on her file. Her parents and brother had files too. All of them had served the Galactic Alliance with great honor. Her mother was a decorated pilot. They seemed to be a family which was strong in the force. From everything he could tell, she would be the exact kind of asset and contact he would need to keep the Enclave supplied for a while.

It was a waiting game regardless. At least the personnel at the fort had agreed to make sure his ship was fueled and got checked out. It was in need of some maintenance, and since they had agreed to do it for free the Jedi was not going to complain.

EXPLORATION
Coronet City, Corellia
Destination - Jaggalor Club Bar

div-orange.png

"We gotta get going. You know time's money. The supplies for the Jedi enclave will be offloaded and secured in storage unit 627 by the time you meet up with your contact here. It's been a pleasure doing business with you, Miss Porte. Say hi to your family. Hope your mama gets to feeling better soon. Damn dark siders."

"Sounds great, Captain Steele. And thanks for letting me fly the ol' girl on that last leg of the trip. The Corellian Dawn is a hoot and definitely a keeper. Yep, I will. Mom is on the mend so no worries there," the younger brunette nodded. "Clear skies!" she added with a mock two-fingered salute fashioned on the older one, then she walked away from Eliza Steele Eliza Steele 's aging YT-1930 and exited the hangar bay.

"I tell ya, Rahl. That girl is the spitting image of Alleycat when she was a young Rogue... Well, we best get a move on with those crates, hmm?" the seasoned Corellian smuggler grinned, smacking her Wookiee co-pilot's chest before grabbing a hover cart near the light freighter's boarding ramp to the cargo hold and handing it over to him.

~&~
The Jedi pilot had no clue as to the identity of the person she was to meet up with from the Jakku Enclave but was told he would be tall, dark, and handsome... Like was that a joke cause a majority of Corellian men were in that category? Or at least thought they were.

Walking into the Jaggalar Club Bar, it was as predicted a mix of military personnel from Fort Bastion and a few civilians. Addison was wearing a standard jumpsuit with her pilot sidearm holstered off her shapely right hip. The padawan's lightsaber was stashed in an inside pocket of an old bomber jacket worn so as not to shout 'Jedi' to all the patrons. After Tinks' experience with her last CO, who had no love or use for Force users, and the attack on her family just before the holidays, she had made it a practice to be a little more careful when out socializing.

The Taanabian beauty like her mother gave the club the once over; her hazel brown eyes perusing especially the back of the bar for someone who fit the bill... Well, there was a dark and handsome from a certain point of view. And, he was definitely a Force user. Whether of the dark or light variety, the Taanabian couldn't surmise quite yet as the young male had a rather cocky, rebellious nature to his Force aura. It had to be the contact who was picking up the specially acquired supplies from her. Everyone else near him was either three sheets to the wind or rather engaged.

Booted heels clicked on the bar's floor, then stopped before the edge of the booth where the guy was sitting alone. "Excuse me, do you know how to get to Sunny 72?" Addy inquired of Jackson Lesan Jackson Lesan in a coded phrase she was told to use. If he answered correctly back, then this was her man.

8L2moGs.png

Last edited:

Jax-temp.png

This particular meet up had a bit more cloak and dagger than the Jedi was used to. It seemed there were still some organizations which liked to fly under the radar of anyone they deemed worthy of caution. Typically that meant any form of large government, corporations, and the unknown. This was why Jackson was still under the impression Romi still needed to lead the Enclave. She was trusted amongst these types of groups. Jax could not say the same for any of the others, but only because he just did not know.

A brunette was approaching, and from the looks of it, it was his contact. Why they insisted on a code phrase was beyond him, but faces could be faked. They wanted to be extra sure the supplies were placed in the right hands. It was the only thing Jackson could allow himself to believe. If he went down any other thought it would go somewhere his mind had no place going.

She was beautiful. From everything he heard, she favored her mother. Jackson could only think that her mother must have been gorgeous. By the way she carried herself though, it was clear she meant business. That was fine with Jax. He was not the best at being in tune with his feelings. He had ever really known CJ personally, and he often wondered if his confusion about those kinds of thoughts and feelings was because he spent most of his life completely sheltered.

His eyes looked up from his drink when the question came. It was still hot, so the caf went untouched.

“I think you’re looking for somewhere sunny and 75,” he responded and motioned to the seat across from him.

Jax was trying to be all cool about it, but in truth he likely came across as a nervous kid out in the galaxy on his own for the first time. It was the case. Usually he made the supply runs with CJ, but not this one, and likely not the next several. With everything happening to Romi currently a lot was up in the air, and Jackson was forced to adjust to whatever his role it all of that was. He knew the day would come when he would not have anyone else to rely on completely. He just did not expect it to come so soon.

“You want anything to drink?”

EXPLORATION
Coronet City, Corellia
Jackson Lesan Jackson Lesan

div-orange.png

A lopsided grin slowly grew upon Addison's face as the young man gave her the correct answer. "I actually prefer sunny and 75, who knew right?!"

The brunette slid into the booth across from him. "Hmm... I guess I'll take a coffee with four creams for now. Too early for anything stronger although I know it's five o'clock somewhere," she smirked.

When the Taanabian pilot was nervous, she had a habit of making light of things... Same thing in the cockpit. Having a lively banter session with her R9 unit helped ready the Jedi for combat until the first volley from her snubfighter's laser cannons flew, and then those nerves melted away.

"So, how'd you get chosen for this erm job? I just happened to be available and in the right place to get tagged for it."

8L2moGs.png

Jax-temp.png

Caf… four creams, so she liked it smooth but bitter and not too sweet. Jackson would make a note of that for the next time they met up like this. With his line of work, or at least with where things stood for him at the moment, the young Lesan was going to be doing the supply runs for a while. The chances this was the only time they would meet for this reason were small. Jackson had a feeling he would be on this particular assignment until things with the Enclave were cleared up. More and more were staying in rather than going out, and that meant more rations and supplies.

“You look like a girl who likes it 75, but I am not sure if the yellow two piece would be the right color for you,” he said referencing an older song he hoped she knew.

If she did not get the cultural reference then he was likely about to get slapped. That would not be a first for a Lesan, but it would be for Jackson. Oh force he hoped she got it. The sting he was going to feel on his face otherwise seemed inevitable enough that he was just about feeling it in the moment.

At least there was the issue of how he got the job. Maybe he could quickly divert the conversation before she caught onto the comment. If he was lucky, she would just ignore it.

“I have been doing supply runs for a while now. With Romi indisposed, CJ hasn’t been able to help as much. There are more Jedi showing up, and well… someone has to do it I guess. Let the Corellian with a ship do it.”

Jax shrugged. It was the truth, but not all that exciting.

“You been running this gig long then?”

EXPLORATION
Coronet City, Corellia
Jackson Lesan Jackson Lesan

div-orange.png

"Oh I can definitely wear yellow, but it depends on the two-piece. I'm more what you call a practical gal who requires high performance out of my swim garment not so much fashion," the brunette responded with a chuckle and a knowing look; one like her mother had perfected long ago. "So don't get all excited 'cause that won't be on the agenda this trip."

Men?!

When the server droid brought her drink, Addison took a careful yet eager sip of the steaming milky caf, then wrapped her two hands around the mug and set it before her on the table. Hazel-brown orbs peered over to the dark-haired young Jedi sitting across from her and pondered him for just a moment. He seemingly was about her age, early twenties, and had a single determination to see through his endeavor for the good of those at the Jakku Enclave. Kudos to him!
"No, this is not my usual gig. Actually, I'm an elite starfighter pilot and mechanic by skill... Presently I'm in-between assignments with either the NJO's Twin Suns or the GA's Revenant Squadron. I was bored so I offered to help out a Corellian smuggler who is a friend of the family, Captain Eliza Steele Eliza Steele . That is how I came to be here with your goods... By the way, they are waiting for you at a secure location so when you're ready I can help move them over to your ship," she stated, and then Addy took another sip of the caffeinated beverage.

Mmmm, caf... The elixir of the gods.
8L2moGs.png

Jax-temp.png

Jackson feigned a frown. The joke and banter was light and appreciated. He had not really considered trying to imagine her in a yellow two piece until it was suddenly that had been shot down. Naturally he knew a trip to Corellia’s Golden Beaches was not on this trip’s itinerary. Everything was supposed to be strictly business.

At least they could enjoy the caf provided at the on base dive bar.

He took a final sip of his drink and stood up. Jax dropped a few credit chits on the table for a tip and nodded toward the door.

“I am ready whenever you are. If I don’t check in soon they’ll send a knight to collect me, and I really don’t like the idea of having a chaperone or baby sitter.”

Jax waited for her to stand. While he was not wanting to wait around, he was not in so much a rush that he was going to be rude about it. Besides, this girl was pretty, and it would be a shame to get on her bad side.

“Sidelined then… for now,” he nodded. “That’s partly why I am stuck on supply runs. While Romi is gone… well… this is what I am allowed to do for now.”

While the rest of the students in the enclave had seen battle, Jackson had not. This was the primary reason they tried to keep him focused on work that was deemed safe. Romi was his master, and without her to help guide him, it did not make sense in allowing the padawan to go into danger alone.

“Let’s see about those supplies, hmm? I’ll follow your lead on this one. I am not too familiar with this base myself.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom