Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Back in Time

There were quite a few places in the Galaxy that Jairdain had never visited. Ruusan was just one of them. This planet had been mentioned to her many years ago by a dead lover. One of her first. She shook her head as she remembered Karl. With everything she had been through recently, she somehow wasn't surprised that she was remembering much of her past she didn't want to.

Maybe it was this world, she didn't know. Reaching out with the Force, the Master walked the overgrown paths searching. For what she did not know. Feeling the loss of so many people, it was a sudden weight on the woman and she slowly fell to her knees.

At the moment, she was sure she was alone. When she had landed her ship, it was as far away from society and civilization as she could find. Crying quietly, she allowed herself to feel and tried to let go of her sorrow. Her most recent loss was the biggest and she still missed her husband greatly. However, she had hope. Having met a Jedi Knight on Coruscant, the two of them had quickly formed a relationship. Jairdain just didn't know if she was ready to open herself up fully to a future together with him. Time would tell and she would trust the Force to help guide her.

Wiping away some of the tears that had rolled down her cheeks, she stopped and froze. The sense of being alone was gone. Somebody was nearby. A hand fell to her belt as she came to her feet. Not being a fighter, the lightsaber was more of a status symbol than anything else, but it was present.

Sometimes just the sight of one would scare off an opponent and she hoped that whoever she was feeling wasn't planning on attacking her. Setting her chin up, she turned in the direction of the sound.

"Come out."

Adron Malvern Adron Malvern

illyrian300.png

J E D I
Tags: Jairdain Jairdain

Ruusan.

The planet had a history that was closely connected to the times of the Ancient Republic and all to follow. As a young Jedi Padawan his father would task him to study the downfall of the once great Jedi Order, it all started with Ruusan. The Sith Lord Darth Bane had founded the Rule of Two in the depths of Ruusan, crafting it in the blood of Jedi and Sith alike. Blood was not the proper term. He had completely eradicated every Dark Lord of the old times and half of the Jedi Order.

The most impressive part was he had not even lifted a finger.

Why had Adron come to this world? As simple answer as any. The Dark Side yet again whispered to him, guiding his path and delivering him to a pivotal place.

Canyons ranged around him, massive barren fissures with only rock and stone serving as terrain. He'd been moving through the stone pathway for some time, following his senses, allowing them to pilot this journey. Suddenly he felt the emotions wash over him, causing his deliberate steps to come to a halt. With his cowl drawn over his head his amethyst eyes peered into the rock formation before him. He exhaled, focusing his mind on what laid before.

Reveal yourself to me. The thought echoed through the Force and in a fraction of a moment it became reality. Those amethyst eyes grew narrow as he felt the presence. Powerful...yet off balance. It was the kind of feeling he had felt a hundred times before yet they were not among the cloaks of politics or the public eye. A Jedi. His hand slowly came to his waist, pulling the lightsaber from his waist.

This Jedi was particularly powerful with the light side of the Force.

His death would be a fair test of my power. Adron mused, his hand tightening around the hilt of his lightsaber as he stepped forward, hiding himself behind a rock formation. He'd heard the footsteps, sure and strong against the hard rock below. They grew louder and a voice called out, calling for him to reveal himself.

So he did.

With the Force flowing through him he leaped over the stone formation he'd been concealing himself behind.

The amethyst blade came to life singing through the air with it's eerie, deadly hum. When the Jedi woman's blade came to life, Adron's swipe batted it to the side. He was committed to his assault. Several paced strikes ensued to drive the woman back before a flourish of his wrist caused their blades to lock, he rolled the two blades, forcing them out harshly so that hers would be stripped from her hand.

He continued to charge, his left hand flowing out as a kinetic wave of the Force slammed into her to push her off her feet. The man brought his lightsaber down, aiming the tip of the weapon at her chest before pausing.

Adron let out a ragged breath from the rush of the moment before his lips slowly spoke one word. "Jairdain?" He questioned. Slowly he brought his lightsaber down to his side, those eyes gazing down at the woman with a silent curiosity.

It had been nearly twenty years since the man had seen her.

What was she doing here?

The hope Jairdain had for not having a physical fight were dashed as the man came out with his lightsaber ignited. Pulling hers off her belt, she raised it to keep him from connecting with her body. Luckily that worked and he parried hers aside but it kept him from striking her.

Once she got herself prepared, she was actually able to perform with some skill. However, he still outclassed her and her lightsaber went flying from her hands. Raising her arms to try and protect herself from any further blade attacks, he surprised her and knocked her down with a Force push.

Going down with a thump to the ground, she laid almost entirely on her back. Pushing herself up with her elbows, she sensed a change within the man in front of her. He stopped his attack on her and lowered his weapon. Feeling the curiosity and maybe some surprise from him, she nodded.

"I am Jairdain."

Her eyebrows drew together and thought was clear on her face. Sightless eyes seemed to look at him but her focus was with the Force. What she felt took her back many years, to a time before she had become a Knight even. Teenage years were tough and hers had been really hard.

"Adron Malvern. You've changed old friend."

Sensing he wasn't going to finish his attack unless she indicated she was going to continue, she remained on the ground but moved to sit up. She also left her lightsaber where it had landed. His change wasn't what she thought of as something good...so she gave him no reason to want to attack her more.

"This is a surprise after all these years."

In the past, they had been great friends. War had taken them apart before they had grown up fully and she had joined the Silvers. Since then, she had been up and down a few times and was down once more. Perhaps the Force had guided them together and he would once again help lift her up.

illyrian300.png

JAIRDAIN
Tags: Jairdain Jairdain

The amethyst blade died in his hands. It's purple glow fading as the Sith Lord looked down to the woman with an expression of confusion. It had been years since Adron had seen Jairdain and in this moment it was as if his past had flooded back to the world around him. He brought his lightsaber down while listening to her words, chuckling softly before bringing a hand up to pull the cowl back down from over his head. He exhaled softy, looking to Jairdain with a mild curiosity.

"It's been a long time. A lot can change in a long time." Quite obviously. He said nothing else on the matter and instead stepped away from the woman. He walked over to her lightsaber, bending down and picking it up into his hands. He looked over the lightsaber for a moment before turning to Jairdain, holding the cylinder out for the woman to take.

"
What are you doing here Jairdain?" He asked her pointedly. He paused for a moment, glancing around the terrain before walking over to the woman and dropping to a knee before her. "You've gotten sloppy." He told her, though he was mostly teasing her it was hard to tell.

"
No...not sloppy. Your focus is gone." He told her, gesturing down to her lightsaber with a subtle shrug. "I can sense you're capable of more than what you did with that blade...what's happened to you?" He asked her curiously. He ran his hand over a smooth stone, sweeping off dirt and rocks so that he could come to sit across from the woman.

Visibly relaxing when she heard his lightsaber turn off, she gazed at Adron through the Force as much as he looked at her. Sensing his confusion and curiosity at the same time, she nodded slowly when he agreed that a lot can change in a long time. One thing she no longer felt from him was any desire to hurt her. That had died with his lightsaber.

As he held her lightsaber, he might be able to pick up on the various changes she had been through over the years. From being a Jedi when they met, to turning to the Darkside before returning to the Light and following her own path now.

Accepting her lightsaber back, she turned the hilt around in her hands a few times before replacing it on her hip. Then he asked her a very important question. When he kneeled in front of her, his next few comments allowed her a few moments to gather her answer. A second question followed the first and she almost flinched away from him. Jairdain didn't though, she remained seated and some tears were in her eyes.

"My husband died, Adron. So much more has happened since we last spoke. We could talk for the rest of the day and still not have covered everything. I'm a mother now and I ran away instead of dealing with the situation. Well, he's been buried so I guess I stayed for that."

Frowning slightly, Jairdain fell silent. Her hand rested on her hilt for a few seconds and she shook her head. Gesturing to it, she shrugged as much as Adron had a moment ago.

"This is not where my strength rests. Never was very good with physical fighting. I am a mentalist and that's all I'll ever be."

Having accepted this long ago, she relied on others to fight when she could not.

"What about you, my friend? What brought you here?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom