Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back in the Saddle (Hutt Cartel, The Republic)

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Nar Shaddaa
Nar Shaddaa Capitol Building
10:00 hours

Popo knew how to make an entrance and he knew how to intimidate and bully the opposition. However, today he wasn't here to throw his considerable weight around. Today, he was to play the part of the shrewd businessman and push for the 'betterment' of Nar Shaddaa.

Realizing that a grandiose show of wealth and prestige would only serve to hinder his pitch, he opted to instead 'walk'. Granted, he only did so from the shuttle nearby, but the simple fact that he had arrived without a custom powersled or his usual retinue of slaves, retainers, and advisers would show his 'humbleness' to the Republic politicians and representatives in attendance. The Shell Hutt still wore his durasteel armor, though nowadays it was beginning to chafe more in some areas. Popo realized that he'd need new armor soon as he was outgrowing his current set. He grumbled internally at the cost that entailed, but kept it to himself.

Popo found the steps leading to the building and squashed a brief but intense bout of irritation. Hutts didn't do steps. At all. Thankfully, someone had the forethought to place a handicap ramp up to the building. It was a bit demeaning to use a 'cripple ramp', but the Hutt consoled himself that it would help in his 'humble' act.

He found his way inside and was immediately recognized and directed by various capitol employees to the proper office. Popo didn't know who would be in attendance or even if any of the other Hutts would arrive, but it was no matter. He could negotiate on his own, though a few others to help distract the Republic representatives would be nice.

Popo entered the conference room and found that a series of plush, velvet cushions had been set along one side of the long table. The Hutt acknowledged and appreciated the gesture from the Republic and found a seat for himself. Now all he had to do was wait.

@[member="Popo"]
Barak had been operated on since his match with the mandolorian, this was his first mission back after month's of being off. He still looked pretty battered but ,he looked battle hardened. This gave him an even more intimidating gaze about him, He was not only a muscular, bulky , big man. But he needed no armor as well just a small cloth camo shirt. that could not even hide his muscular body ,or shape. For now he was waiting to get his knife repaired meaning as a hired bodyguard his fist's would do for now. He stood straight and stood at the left of the hut. He hated politicians and chose to stay as minimally close as he needed to.

Not Ordo

Just under the upper hand.
Nar Shaddaa
Nar Shaddaa Capitol building
10:00 hours

Shimmra walked off the public transport speeder with his heavy backpack. He was a huge figure and his kind were not common in the galaxy at large. He was not wearing his typical black armor and his scarred Yuuzhan Vong face was exposed for now. What had possessed the warrior to join with Hutts? Shimmra wanted to fight something, anything, and it didn't matter who for. However, today he had managed to purchase a tailored suit and legitimate ID chip listing him as a security professional.

He walked into the capital building and set his large pack down near the conference room door, opened it with a mottled grey-violet hand, and entered.

The big Hutt he saw was seated on some cushions and Shimmra smiled internally.

"I Shimmra." He said in broken basic, "you want in room or out?"

@[member="Popo"]

Cedric Dorn

C
After letting the Hutt simmer for ten or so minutes Diana finally stepped into the conference room. It was a cheap business tactic, but an effective one. Making a person wait for an organized meeting was usually a sign of dominance, it displayed that you didn't mind wasting their time. She was sure that the Hutt would recognize this, and it would show that The Republic had the upper hand here, not the Hutt's, not anyone else.
Diana stepped into the conference room with her hair down and her facial tattoo's on full display. She wore tightly wrapped red brownish Jedi Robes, on the small of her back were two Lightsabers, each held in place by light leather straps.

She walked into the room with a confident gait, stepping onto the side of the table that was opposite @[member="Popo"]. Her confident smile flashed his way, and she spoke in a respectful done.

“Good Evening.” Her eyes scanned the room for a few seconds, watching the bodyguards before returning to Popo himself. “I am Jedi Knight Diana Moridena, i've been given full authority to negotiate any and all ventures with you.”

She smiled slightly, if this Hutt was well informed she would recognize her as one of the Three Jedi that had been sent to speak with Domino before the unfortunate...incident. Domino had attacked Diana and her company and it had sparked the short war that had lead to the Fall of Nar Shaddaa. Sending her was another message, The Republic was in charge here.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Popo heard Shimmra enter and speak in broken Basic. Popo said nothing but waved the Vong to stand next to Barak. He liked the extra insurance that the bodyguards gave him, but he wouldn't need them if things went appropriately.

He waited a short time until someone arrived. The Hutt knew the tactic quite well. You made the individual wait and cool their heels until you had sent your message that you were in charge and they were the bottom rung of the ladder. Not on the bottom rung, they were the bottom rung. The tactic bothered the Hutt little. It was expected in deals like this and, to be honest, he would have thought less of the Republic's negotiators if they hadn't done so. When a woman entered and spoke, stating who she was and what she was there for, Popo was slightly surprised.

He'd expected a stereotypical, paper pushing, Republic politician. The fact that such a negotiation warranted a Jedi knight to attend and negotiate was interesting to the Shell Hutt. He realized that this might be more challenging than he had first thought.

"Good evening, Knight Moridena," Popo stated politely in Basic. "I am most pleased that you could take time out of your schedule to speak with me."

Popo's tone and mannerism was sincere, but it was a harmless jab. A tease, if you will. A subtle statement that he knew what she was doing. However she took the comment was up to her. The Hutt simply wanted to see her reaction, if any.

@[member="Diana Moridena"] @[member="Barak"] @[member="Shimmra Rapuung"]

Cedric Dorn

C
Diana simply maintained the smile on her face towards the Hutt. Another person might have been slightly annoyed or even irritated, but Diana was so simple and so genuine that the tiny jab was not even worth nothing to her. She simply smiled at the Hutt and blinked a few times, nodding her head in confirmation when he commented on her time.

“I am more than happy to take the time.” She spoke again with genuine words, the smile on her face not mocking in the least. “We understand that you have a proposal for us.”

The Jedi Knight was all smiled and happiness, but she was no fool. She knew what the Hutt wanted, and she knew what he would do to get it. The Hutt's had once had the largest criminal Empire within the entire galaxy, they quite literally had owned planets. She knew that this particular Hutt wanted to restore that Empire, or at least take it back from the Black Sun.

She would venture to guess that everyone in this room knew.
@[member="Popo"]

Not Ordo

Nar Shaddaa
Nar Shaddaa Capitol building
10:10 hours
Shimmra did as told and took a place beside the other bodyguard. He leaned close to the second Bodyguard and sniffed the air.

"This one broked." Shimmra said to himself in basic again.

Shimmra stood by and watched as the Woman entered and announced herself to be a 'Jeedai'. Shimmra didn't exactly bristle at the idea of a Jeedai within his reach but he did tense. His muscles became tense and he felt like a compressed spring that wanted nothing more than to explode into motion, but he kept quiet and still. The woman would be an opponent like none he had faced and the battle would be glorious. Shimmra watched her closely and waited for an order that would not come at this legitimate negotiation.
@[member="Barak"] @[member="Popo"] @[member="Diana Moridena"]

@[member="Shimmra Rapuung"]

Barak's fist's tightened up, he was not broken. He had more muscle weight on then this poor idiot next to him, and he had aggression like no other. He looked and stared at shimmra , with burning eyes that would make anyone at least shudder. The big, bulky, muscular man, had two advantages, one being he had more weight of pure muscle, and two he had uncontrolled unwavering hate, fueled by the force. No one could notice the hateful stare but him and the jedi, anyone could sense his pure hate, barak was not one to hide it. He was battle hardened from fighting a member of the mandolorians, considered to have been the most fearsome warrior's in the galaxy. He had caused the mandolorian to get just as much hospital time as he did. Even with all the bruises no one could destroy the spark of strength that barak had. He then set his gaze away from the coward who felt the need to whisper this rather then say it to his face, he looked at the jedi anticipating how her decision's would affect the outcome of his boss.

(OCC: please post a link to your bio I can't find it, next don't make assumption's that im broken when I never even said so, I said battle hardened their is a difference in my earlier post, read the whole thing before stating something about another persons character)

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Barak"]

((OOC: Chill. His character is making the assumption, not the writer. You gotta differentiate between IC and OOC man.

I'll post up tonight in this thread.)

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
The Hutt nodded a huge head once and placed a datapad on the table between the two of them.

"I'll start simply. The rough estimates of Nar Shaddaa's economy as taken by my advisers and pencil pushers shows that the planet is at an all time low," Popo stated, all business, as the screen lit up with corresponding data. "From an economic standpoint, I, personally, can help to a degree. I own the Tenloss Corporation and am very willing to purchase land and orbital space to expand my company's 'office space', if you will. Doing such will create jobs and revenue for the planet as a whole and help in bringing prosperity back to Nar Shaddaa during these dark times."

The Shell Hutt waited for the Jedi to look over the data and mull over his words. He knew that she knew that the Hutts were typically crime lords and mob bosses. She was right in almost every sense. However, Popo wasn't out to push the Cartel's interests here, though expanding to Nar Shaddaa would do just that albeit indirectly. Popo wanted to get a foothold on Nar Shaddaa for his own goals and plans. Setting up shop on Nar Shaddaa with the Tenloss Corporation would increase the planet's economy, true, but it would also increase his personal profits. Through Tenloss, Popo would also gain a grip on Nar Shaddaa's underworld and, over time, slowly take the planet's criminal element by the throat, making him the de facto Crime Lord there. It was a bold move on his part and one that he doubted the other Hutts had figured out as of yet, but they would eventually. By that time, Popo planned that he'd have enough of a hold on Nar Shaddaa's underbelly that he wouldn't and couldn't be dislodged without the utmost effort from all involved.

@[member="Diana Moridena"] @[member="Barak"] @[member="Shimmra Rapuung"]

Cedric Dorn

C
“I see.” Diana said quietly as she read over the figured on the datapad that Popo had handed her. Of course she already knew many of the fact and statistics that were on here, she had studied up extensively on Nar Shaddaa before coming here. Its current economic state was pitiful, though given that it had just undergone a massive invasion that was of no surprise.

The Republic had been keen on rebuilding, and indeed infrastructure had been replaced quite speedily, but most of Nar Shaddaa's economy had been driven by the more...underground businesses. Businesses that now refused to return because of the Republic presence upon the smugglers moon. Diana knew this, the republic knew this, and Popo knew this. It was the way things worked.

“We are inclined to allow you what you want.” Diana said slowly, a legitimate business was likely a grand way for the Hutt to start branching into other things, but everything had its cost. The Republic needed Nar Shaddaa to function, not fall into anarchy. “Though you would have to be more precise, and it would require some...oversight.”

Diana couldn't allow a Hutt to run rampant after all, stereotypes and all.

Not Ordo

@[member="Popo"] @[member="Barak"] @[member="Diana Moridena"]

Shimmra stood calmly as the big human looked his way. The human seemed to not like his statement about being broken, but it didn't really make a difference. Shimmra considered all humans broken and this was definitely human the smell confirmed it. Shimmra looked back at the man and forced himself to smile showing his black gims and white teeth. Supposedly humans bared their teeth to signify happiness and lack of malicious intentions bit they were a strange species at best.

Shimmra shrugged and went back to wat hing the Jeedai. He was extremely interested in what she would say and do. He wanted to know everything, and when he regained an army he would slaughter the Jeedai priest first.

((OOC: I didn't mean any harm mate. Just trying to be a little less serious is all. Shimmra just doesn't like humans.))

@[member="Shimmra Rapuung"] @[member="Diana Moridena"] @[member="Popo"]
(OCC: your ok my bad)

The business chatter bored him and many other things. The one thing that made barak ease up was the weird smile the alien gave him. What was this being thinking, but more importantly what did the jedi mean by oversight. Barak doubted his boss would simply let this women attempt to babysit him, he was a hut and had more dignity then this. But who knew maybe popo would surprise him, regardless the pay was enough. Maybe popo would drive a hard bargain to the jedi. who knew? Barrack wqas just paid as muscle for hire he had no time to get into his boss's affair's.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
"To be specific about my business goals," Popo started politely. "The construction of a factory here would allow Tenloss' weapon and armor production capabilities to vastly increase both in manufacturing and in overall sales. That facility would employ workers here of all levels of society and as for oversight, I find such acceptable. Scheduled inspections on both the site and within the accounts of the factory are also acceptable, though we can allow our respective intermediaries determine specific dates for such things. As for the orbital space, I would like to construct a moderately sized shipyard over the planet. I understand any potential security risks such an installation would cause and am open to negotiations on where exactly the yard would be specifically. The shipyard would only be able to produce ships up to, potentially, one thousand meters. At a later time, should the branch here do well, I may expand the yard to handle larger ships, but only after discussing any plans with the Senator here. Also, as with the planet based factory, oversight, scheduled inspections, and account reviews are acceptable and can be scheduled through our intermediaries."

The Hutt simply laced his fingers together in a polite and thoughtful manner as he waited for the Jedi's response.

@[member="Diana Moridena"]

Cedric Dorn

C
“I see.” This was all well and good. For now it seemed that the Hutt wanted nothing more than to set up a legitimate enterprise here on Nar Shaddaa, and that was perfectly fine with Diana, as it would be with the members of the Republic who were placed in charge here. She simply nodded to the Hutt for a few seconds, thinking for a moment. “Very well. I can endorse this enterprise.”

She smiled slightly as she placed the datapad in her hand back down onto the table, then a thought occurred to her.

“You realize however, The Republic can only grant you limited protection against...competitors.” She spoke slowly, drawing out the word. She was of course hinting at the Black Sun, she doubted they would be very well pleased with Popo's endeavors.

Not Ordo

Shimmra stood silently as he tried to follow the conversation between the Hutt and the Jedaai. He caught many words that were familiar but not many he could quickly define. He was definitely going to have to learn basic before he could destroy the galaxy.

He looked from the Jedaai to the Hutt and back again. Humans and Hutts were ugly creatures, but at least humans sweated less.

@[member="Diana Moridena"] @[member="Popo"] @[member="Barak"]

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Popo's face remained immobile at the Jedi's subtle hint.

"I don't see competitors as problems or something to protect against," the Hutt stated, his tone remaining as even and polite as ever. "I like to think of them as... challengers. Opponents, if you will. As if economics and corporations play a constant... game, so to speak. So long as the rules are followed and the game is... fair, then neither side can complain."

For the Shell Hutt, rules and fairness were relative to whoever viewed it. Rules for Popo translated into guidelines. Fairness could only be debated by those who spoke up and it was very, very hard to speak without a tongue... or a head. The Hutt preferred to keep his business dealings in line with what was technically legal, but that line was very often blurry and gray, even at the best of times. That said, there was always some troublemaker or two that needed silencing...

@[member="Diana Moridena"]

Cedric Dorn

C
Diana smiled at the Hutt for a few seconds, apparently he understood. Part of her quite disliked this double talk, politics and the like were not her thing in the least. This particular conversation however seemed to be going quite well. Unlike many other Hutts she had met Popo seemed to be very reasonable, or at least he knew what he wanted.

Now it was time for her to drop the ball.

“If this goes well.” Diana said carefully. “The Republic would be inclined to give Yourself and the Hutts more control of Nar Shaddaa and its industries.”

This had been a directive of the Chancellor. If the Hutt did well here, and his company expanded and Nar Shaddaa became recognizably more controllable. Then the Hutts would be given back their world, under Republic jurisdiction of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom