Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Babysitting Isn't Commonly *This* Difficult

Shoden Moz

Lady Mischief of Nordel
Darlyn was a busy, busy man lately. Heading the investigations of probably the biggest trial since, well, the very start of his term as Minister of Justice, he needed more time than ever to collect facts, distribute evidence to the proper facilities for analysis, and otherwise take on everything necessary for preparations. Which meant he was starting to need someone to watch Shoden overtime, when he was expecting to work a little later than usual. And considering the frequent difficulties he had finding someone to take care of her (he was blacklisted at least a few times over for his daughter's... misadventures), he needed someone that he could trust.

It was only appropriate that he could ask [member="Lady Kay"] to look after her. Between their friendship, and the valuable distraction, Darlyn could feel more at ease as he went through the motions for the day. Not that he didn't run over everything with Shoden a solid five minutes before she was going to wait with Olivia for Kay to arrive. Emergency contacts, the escape routes, nearest guard patrol routes, etc. etc. At the end of it, he finally felt comfortable leaving her there, and turned to go.

"Oh, wait. Almost forgot Shoden..." He turned back around, handing her his DL-18. Just in case. And because he knew she'd want to show off how good she was getting.

Probably much to Olivia's surprise.

Or not.

Who knows what she expected from the wild card of a man by now.

Shoden didn't care though. She just sat patiently, spinning the weapon with her one hand, safety locked in place of course, humming a nursery rhyme.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay wasn't in the best of moods anymore. It wasn't as though she was in asour mood at all, it's just that she wasn't really happy. Her husband was locked in a cell for having attacked a temple on one of their worlds. He had let himself be arrest willingly, which gave her every inclination that he was biding his time for something. Already he had told her that should members of his Order find out, that they wouldn't be happy about it. 'Let them come', she thought. They wouldn't dare to try to hurt her. Of course she didn't really know exactly who 'they' were. Were they anyone that she knew? Would they try to break [member="Veiere Arenais"] out from under her nose? Only two people could open that cell, herself and [member="Einon"] , and she knew that he was loyal to Commenor. The specialy designed cell prevented the Force from penetrating it, and so their Force bond was weakened severely. She was cut off from him, and she felt alone. It was something that she hadn't felt since her abduction by Prazutis. And she hated it. No amount of tea helped to give her comfort.

On top of that, one of her dearest friends was murdered within the Palace walls. Security was heightened, so there were extra guards on hand, following her every move and watching her every breath. It was a boring job, probably, but it made her feel like she was a prisoner too.

The request by [member="Darlyn Excron"] for her to watch over [member="Shoden Moz"] for a bit was a welcomed distraction. The fiesty little girl was pleasant enough and tended to give Kay the rundown of what her adopted father was doing. As for what the plan for today was, she didn't know.

Olivia sent word of her arrival. Kay was running a bit late after having visited Veiere for the second time that day. Minutes later she stepped into Olivia's office and bowed her head to Shoden, giving her a smile that was more for appearance than for anything that she actually felt. "Afternoon Shoden. What shall we busy ourselves with today?"

Shoden Moz

Lady Mischief of Nordel
Shoden perked up a bit when [member="Lady Kay"] finally arrived, stopping her fiddling with the blaster pistol and jumping up onto her feet. Unlike Kay's fake smile, the genuine joy to be with someone she didn't want to ditch in favor of hiding in a broken tunnel for hours on end was readily apparent on her face. The girl hardly got enough time with her 'Auntie' as it was, so the opportunity to spend more was pretty exciting. "Well, lets see... I could show you how good I'm getting with Dad's blaster, he says I'm a natural. We could also go hiking, I like hiking a lot. Or we could..."

Shoden trailed off, again playing with the weapon in her hand by twirling it absentmindedly. Her comfort with it was very evident, unsurprising since Darly was her parent but still a bit abnormal for a young one like her. At least most, if not all, the guards present seemed more than aware she knew what she was doing and who she was, and weren't on edge. That was always best, after all."Mmm... Does any of that sound fun? We can do something else if you want!"

Kay-Larr

Kay chewed the inside of her cheek a little as she pondered on what idea that [member="Shoden Moz"] suggested that would be the best one to do. "I like the idea of hiking. We could do that." At least the weather was good for it.

Now it was the time for another question. "Where would you like to go? We could go to thrle Twin Canyons, or the Valley of the Storm. I haven't been there in a while. Or we could go to the Eldritch Mountains." Shoden wouldn't of known that Kay had her home there. But she'd keep her clear of it anyways. She didn't want to visit her empty home. It just served to remind her of how alone she was.

Shoden Moz

Lady Mischief of Nordel
"I haven't been to the Valley anytime recently, that could be fun. I'm guessing you'll have to drive though. Since I'm pretty sure I don't get to have a learner's permit yet." She chuckled, putting the blaster pistol in a holster she kept with her on her more, loose and, less formal attire. So the blaster was strapped to her leg, essentially. Not pants, her leg. She... She did not look the daughter of a politician at all.

She chuckled and walked up to [member="Lady Kay"], giving her a hug before taking a step back. "Lead the way Auntie!" She was rather excited to see what more or less a day with her Auntie would be like.

Kay-Larr

Kay smirked a little. Oh yes, she'd not let [member="Shoden Moz"] drive at all. At least not for a few more years or whenever it is that [member="Darlyn Excron"] would allow her to. "To the Valley it is."

And then she was hugged. It shocked Kay a little bit, but perhaps the most shocking to her was that she wrapped her arms around the girl and held her for a long moment. Oh how she missed her kids, and her husband and...well, lots of people. The circle of those that she could talk to seemed to shrink quite a bit.

She let Shoden step back after the hug was over and then held out her hand. "This way, to the hanger." Kay led her down the hall towards the hanger with a few guards in tow. "We'll have company with us. I hope that you don't mind, but it's orders. Better to be safe than sorry." At least she had no bounties on her and no real enemies to speak of.

Shoden Moz

Lady Mischief of Nordel
Shoden smiled happily at [member="Lady Kay"], holding onto her hand gently as they walked. "Oh I don't mind, though I hope they can keep up. I'm very good at hiking after all! Not to mention it'll be funny if one of them trips." The smirk on her face meant one of two things. Either that it was an innocent comment, or that she would eventually try to tie their shoes together, or some other mischief. Who knew with her, the minister of mischief had quite the quota to meet at all times after all. "Mmmm... did Dad ever teach you to use a blaster Auntie?"

Kay-Larr

Kay laughed a little as [member="Shoden Moz"] mentioned the guards tripping. At least they weren't fully decked out in armour. Plus given that they were going to the Valley of the Storm, a place well known for lightning strikes, wearing armour wasn't really a good idea.

And then Shoden inquired about learning to fire a blaster. "No, he didn't. Actually, no one really has. I just sort of, pull the trigger. I take it that he's taught you though? Are you any good?" Maybe they'd set up a bit of target practice while they were out there. You never know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom