Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Azur'i

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

4iUiO8F.jpg

• Intent: To create a species to interact with on Azure
  • Image Credit: Here
  • Canon: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: Azure, Bestine IV
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Azur'i
  • Designation: Sentient
  • Origins: Azure, Bestine IV
  • Average Lifespan: 150 Standard Years
  • Estimated Population: Rare
  • Description: A tall bipedal species with webbed fingers and fins on their heads and backs. They come in a variety of colours, namely more neutral colours.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type III
  • Average Height of Adults: 2.2m
  • Average Length of Adults: N/A
  • Skin color: Yellow, green, blue, orange, purple
  • Hair color: N/A
  • Distinctions: They are humanoid in figure but possess differences such as webbed fingers, longer limbs and an elongated face with no discernible nose or ears. They are largely blue or green in colour with patches of yellow or orange. Other colours are possible but rare. Females are differed by their lack of muscle compared to males and have longer fins. In ageing, the colours of the skin become more washed out. The youngest of the species have the most vibrant colours.
  • Races: N/A
  • Sub-Species: Common Azur'i: The majority of the species are formed of this species. They are noted by their neutral colours.
    Royal Azur'i: A minor species who are marked by their unusual purple colour and higher intelligence than the Common Azur'i. They are widely accepted as the leaders of the species and are uncontested by the Common Azur'i who consider them to be superior and act in subservience.
  • Force Sensitivity: Low
Strengths:
  • Environment: Due to living underwater and under high pressures, they are able to survive in hostile environments where other humanoid species would not.
  • Cartilage: Possessing cartilage instead of bone means they are more flexible than other humanoid species and can fit into smaller spaces.
Weaknesses:
  • Defence: They have little means of defence both in a physical sense and a technological sense.
  • (Common Azur'i) Intelligence: They are particularly gullible and express little free-thinking, making them easily manipulated and subservient.
  • (Royal Azur'i) Survival: Having been catered for by the lesser species, the Royal Azur'i have few survival skills and depend on others to assist in their survival.
CULTURE
  • Diet: Omnivore - Fish and ocean vegetation
  • Communication: Azur'i - a language which sounds like clicks.
  • Technology level: Below galactic standard. They have little weapon technology and no technology for inter-galactic travel. This information is available to the Azur'i but kept secret by the species' leaders.
  • Religion/Beliefs: Royal Azur'i are believed to be akin to some kind of deity by the Common Azur'i.
  • General behavior: The Common Azur'i are loyal subjects, devoted to their rulers to a zealous extent. All information given to the Common Azur'i is controlled by the Royal Azur'i, who keep the truth from the other race to maintain their own power and the other race's submissiveness. The Royal Azur'i maintain the image that they are a form of deity which is supported by their seemingly miraculous solutions to issues which could not be solved with the species' current level of technology, though it is unknown to the Common Azur'i that the Royals possess much higher standards of technology than believed.

They are peaceful and not prone to violence, as suggested by their lack of weapon technology. They are generally friendly and kind to one another, believing themselves to live in an idealistic society. Above all else, they are devoted to their rulers who strictly controls their lives but the Common Azur'i are content with their peaceful lives after being told stories of a galaxy at war.

The young of the species attend school but only for the purpose of indoctrination of false information and instilling loyalty in the Common Azur'i towards their superiors.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Originating from the oceans of Bestine IV, the species evolved to adapt to their new planet over the millennia, eventually developing their own language, allegedly losing use of Galactic Basic, developing their own new language and losing the means of interstellar travel. Their departure from Bestine IV was due to a growing rift between the colonising humans and the natives which caused the Azur'i's ancestors to move to Azure where they would be afforded control of their own planet.

As they progressed as a society, there were many clashes between the species which threatened civil war. Eventually, a new, rarer race, later deemed the Royal Azur'i, was born and with increased intelligence and an innate superiority over the Common Azur'i, the new race was able to keep control of the contentious people through their ruling.

Centuries passed and the species maintained peace. However, there was corruption among the Royal Azur'i who withheld the means for interstellar travel and advanced technology from the Common Azur'i, trapping them on the planet and thus ensuring the loyalty of citizens and a lack of interference from the outside world.

They remain isolated from the galaxy with no interaction ever made with other species. Their existence is not common knowledge but it is not undocumented either.

Last edited:
Sunfrog Sunfrog

Hey there! First and foremost I need you to crop the reference image at the waist due to the anatomical detail in the image counting as nudity.

Other than that the submission is fine to go, though I would like more detail regarding the Royal Azur'i lore. What sort of deities are they thought to be in Azur'i legend? What caused their higher intelligence, and is it the same thing that influenced their coloring? Just giving those pieces of lore could really flesh out the submission!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom