Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Azeban I Mining Facility

Status
Not open for further replies.
valentyn-andreevich-asteroid.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To expand on Barbatos and Blackwell Industries's continued expansion within the system.
  • Image Credit: Here.
  • Canon: N/A
  • Links: Blackwell IndustriesBarbatos
SETTING INFORMATION
  • Mine Name: Azeban I Mining Facility
  • Material: Neutronium (Primary) Various (Lesser)
  • Affiliation: Blackwell Industries
  • Size: Medium
  • Accessibility:
    Tucked neatly away from sight, the Azeban I Mining Facility is nearly secret from the passive sensor or idle scout; blending in with a few dozen radio signals given off by both the asteroid field itself and the various other automated and manned mining facilities throughout the entire belt. This, matched with the fact that the facility itself has hundreds of sensors monitoring the drift charts of the entire debris field means it is nearly impossible to get to without explicit permission from the facility itself; which is easy enough should the vessel have an SOS Signal or a Barbatos Customs Authority.

[*]Description:
  • As one approaches the facility, its jagged and industrial edges are the only indication of what is within. Lights blink, and if air was present the constant churn of mining equipment would provide only the vaguest of comforts. While the station itself floats, numerous massive asteroids are held against its various mining docks to unload their Neutronium, in addition to various lesser minerals, refine it, and then load it up to the export dock before being exported for profits back on Barbatos itself. It is conventional in every sense of the word when regarding tractor beam based mining facilities, and is certainly nothing to write home about.

POINTS OF INTEREST
  • Loading Dock -
    ​With two docks, one for large freighters and one for private docking, the facility itself has a number of automated features to ensure that any docked ship isn't there for more than 36 hours. Even the largest exports, in excess of many hundreds of thousands tons, will take no more than a few days. The private dock holds enough room for four light freighters, while the facility itself holds enough fuel to restock most traditional corvettes.

[*]Main Facility -
  • ​Within the main facility, there are a number of facilities to help appease the men within. Various barracks, a dedicated cantina, reactor facilities and more, all for the sake of maintaining a well adjusted facility. To ensure the facility doesn't suffer as it had from previous failures, a holonet connection has been established to ensure contact to the outside world at all times; and when the connection is down an onboard server holds a number of media files for worker consumption.

[*]Asteroid Docks -
  • ​While the facility itself is built into the core of an asteroid for protection, there are a number of heavy grade tractor beams that pull other asteroids in after a number of collision calculations. This allows the facility to bring in each, mine them, then release what is left in a controlled and established manner. A number of robots bore into each, various sonic mining devices allow safe break downs of the asteroid before extracting the minerals from each. These are further refined, despite the system having an unnaturally high quality and pure form ore to begin with; all before being shipped off on the next freighter.

SECURITY

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

While the facility itself has been in use for over a thousand years, it was only until recently that it was kept maintained and upheld through a number of security measure meant keep the populace aboard happy. From worker rotations out of the system, to on board media files to ensure a distraction is available; for the first time since the facilities creation has it had any sort of profit being made, though despite even this, there is a strong effort to automatize the facility; once Blackwell Industries has such resources.

Being the first of many, the mining facility helps provide the massive amount of resources required by the Barbato's refineries; effectively allowing it to bring a large nest egg of a profit to Blackwell Industries, leading to an excellent addition to its infrastructure and heavy industries market. This continue profit makes for a strong foundation to expand further efforts in Barbatos as whole; elevating the future of Blackwell as a whole.

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels
SECURITY
I'd be more comfortable if the security level was at least notched up to "Medium" as I feel "Low" is not good enough for the sort of contermeasures available. Do that and I can approve this.

[member="Darth Maliphant"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom