Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tech Review Azari Krahl's Beskar'gam

lyuzsdF.jpg

Azari Krahl's Beskar'gam

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Mutlipurpose Armor
  • Weight: Average
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: High
    • Kinetic: High
    • Concussive: Low
    • EMP/Ion: Low
    • Electrical: Low
    • Extreme Elemental: Very High
    • Chemical: Very High
    • Biological: Very High
    • Lightsabers: Very Low
SPECIAL FEATURES
STRENGTHS
  • Freshness Seal: By combining Kel Dor antiox technology with pilot life support equipment, Azari's suit is incredibly resistant to extreme temperatures, chemicals, radiation, and other environmental hazards.
  • Hybridized: Azari designed her armor to work in flight, ground combat, and survival scenarios so it provides a good balance of tools, weapons, and defenses.
WEAKNESSES
  • Underpowered: In order to cut down on weight and make room for survival equipment, Azari has removed a lot of the standard defensive and offensive features of traditional beskar'gam.
  • Defensive Shortcomings: Azari's equipment offers no little resistance against ion, electrical, or concussive attacks, with only the beskar in her gauntlets to stop a lightsaber either and nothing to prevent attacks through the Force.
DESCRIPTION
A Mandalorian without Beskar'gam is like a shriek-hawk without wings, and Azari is not one to break with this tradition. Her personal armor is based around a core of survival equipment, built up from a combination of pilot and environmental gear to create a rugged suit that can serve her as both a pilot and a scout. To this end she replaced much of the underlayers with more advanced environmental seals and the incorporated Kel Dor antiox technology in the armor keeps it sealed against the vacuum of space or other airborne hazards without sacrificing too much combat defense. Like most Beskar'gam, it also sports a wide range of weapons and tools to help Azari in the field from grappling launchers to retractable knuckleblades. At the same time, some of the alterations made to the traditional loadout mean this suit lacks the punch of in-built heavy weaponry and the same level of defense as other comparable armor sets.

Last edited:
Azari Krahl Azari Krahl | Rara Gowisi Rara Gowisi

I'm pulling this submission due to a report.

You can not have a force resistance of none. The average armour, taken as a stormtroopers armour, has no resistance to the force, and in fact no material has a low resistance to the force. Either you don't resist, or you do.

As such, please alter your resistances to have an average force resistance, and modify the other resistances to compensate.

Azari Krahl Azari Krahl | Rara Gowisi Rara Gowisi

I'm pulling this submission due to a report.

You can not have a force resistance of none. The average armour, taken as a stormtroopers armour, has no resistance to the force, and in fact no material has a low resistance to the force. Either you don't resist, or you do.

As such, please alter your resistances to have an average force resistance, and modify the other resistances to compensate.
I'm a bit confused by this, I won't lie.

I wrote resistance to The Force as being none because, as far as I'm aware, nothing in this loadout would protect from Force abilities. You mention that I can't have a resistance of non, but say that Stormtrooper armor has a resistance of none and I can either have no resistance, or average resistance to The Force. Can you elaborate on why I can't have no resistance, or what is giving me average resistance?

Azari Krahl Azari Krahl

My apologies for not being clearer, I'll try to explain.

Factory resistances are meant to compare the resistance of your armour to that of the average suit of armour, the average suit of armour in this case being a set of stormtrooper armour. We have seen from canon that stormtrooper armour, and in fact most armour provides no way to block the force, this means that the average suit of armour doesn't block the force.

As such we can state that an average resistance to the force is no resistance to the force, you can only add resistance, you can't remove it.

Please modify the armour accordingly.

John Locke John Locke

Okay that makes a lot more sense, thank you. I didn't realize there was a base comparison armor was scaled to. I cut the Force resistance and dialed down the Environmental resistance to compensate. Let me know if I need to change anything else and thanks for clearing that up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom