Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awakening

Darkness
Korogum felt nothing but the cold, aching void of nothingness. Pure, impenetrable, darkness. For how long he existed in this pitch black nonexistence, he knew not. For what felt like an age and then some, he existed in the void. Then he saw it: A small sliver of light, a point of peace and light within the darkness. He sat still, entranced and half-conscious as the point moved towards him, or he towards it, he knew not which was true. As he met the light, his vision was enveloped in the scorching brilliance as he covered his face, trying to peer through the veil.

When the light subsided, Korogums' eyes widened, as he now found himself in a large amphitheater, filled with dozens, maybe hundreds of Red-skinned people. Korogum noticed the odd protrusions on these people and was quickly taken aback, realizing them to be the Sith of old. Korogum looked around himself, not sure as to what was happening. He then saw the members of the crowd rising and clapping their hands vigorously, clearly not noticing him standing out among them. Korogum sat back, trying to take in his surroundings as he noticed at the center of the amphitheater, by a stone altar that held the body of a pale-skinned being, stood a hooded man, arms outstretched to the cheering crowd. Korogum could feel something odd about him, but he couldn't place it at first. The man then lowered his hood and Korogum instantly noticed his features. The mans eyes were a deep red, Crimson by definition. Korogum also noticed his black hair and sharp features. These individual aspects held nothing to him, but together they formed an image that Korogum felt could not be possible: It was like staring into a mirror. The man looked exactly like himself, but with the red skin and facial protrusions of a Sith. Korogum swallowed back the lump in his throat as his surprise dissipated when the man turned away to face the altar.

Korogum sat silently, watching the proceeding events. The man raised his arms to the sky, manifesting an ornate dagger from his robe's sleeve, and holding it high above him. The man began to chant something in Sith that Korogum could only gather bits and pieces of.

"We offer this...I, the vessel to you...Jen'Tevas!"

With the final word, Korogum recoiled in surprise as the man quickly stabbed the dagger downwards into the chest of the being on the altar. As the man backed away from the altar, he doubled over and a dark mist began to pour from both his body and the wound on the sacrifice. The figure began draining the dark mist from the body on the altar, and this went on for several moments before the mist dissipated and the man hunched over onto one knee. As soon as the ritual was complete, the crowd started cheering and applauding louder and louder. Korogum eventually had to cover his ears as the cacophony proved too much. Even still, Korogum heard it getting louder and louder until he shut his eyes in frustration from the noise.

When the noise finally stopped, Korogum opened his eyes again and found himself walking down the hallway of the Academy, with Etheriud and Xhinx in front of him. When he tried to call out, he found his mouth did not obey him. When he tried to stand still, he found his legs did not follow his commands. Realizing he was still trapped within his own body, Korogum desperately began to will his body to stop. He noticed that his efforts had some effect, as his movements started to become jerky.

"What is this? What are you doing, you fool?
How are you still manifested in this existence?!"

The being that inhabited his body began to sputter, appearing to be alarmed by Korogum's very existence.

"This is my body, demon! I won't let you have it!"

Korogum found himself truly yelling the words, from his own mouth. He looked down and held up his hands as he felt a bead of sweat run down his face. He was back in control of his body, after what felt like an eternity in darkness. Korogum looked up from his hands to see Etheriud and Xhinx staring at him in confusion.

[member="Xhinx"]

[member="Etheriud Yvvera"]

Etheriud truly had no idea what had come to pass within the underground alter and the events that had followed. In the blink of an eye, Korogum had changed. Something darker, far more powerful had developed and taken control of Korogum’s form. All Etheriud could remember was seeing Korogum’s change, then feeling a sense of awe, and then a blur as the dark entity seemingly took control of Etheriud and Xhinx as well. They had been enthralled by the being’s power. Not even his thoughts or consciousness remained in sync; the two flying by as quick as Etheriud was able to comprehend. Nothing quite stuck with him as the entity brought them out of the altar and led them down hallway after hallway. Time began to slow back down to a normal pace as the number of hallways grew. Etheriud slowly began to regain consciousness and his thoughts once more began to flow through his mind. And suddenly, it all stopped, and Etheriud snapped back to reality the instant Korogum began screaming at the void. Terrified, Etheriud drew and activated his orange-colored lightsaber which hissed to life; illuminating the hallways and blending with the slightly dim white lights. Etheriud began to recompose himself internally as he tried desperately to remember what had come to pass. Thoughts were zooming through his head at light speed; words and ideas coming and going faster than he could make them out. This was over as soon as it began, and all that was left of the storm of thought was a single phrase in High Sith; a phrase that sent chills throughout Etheriud the moment it stuck to his mind.

Tu aras dekomet manosi… You are forever mine.”

Etheriud ignored the thoughts in his head and turned his attention to Korogum, looking around the room and then shutting off his lightsaber after perceiving no present danger. Etheriud spoke clearly and with clear sense of worry.

“Are you alright? I do not remember how we got here… What exactly is happening? What have you gotten us into?”

Korogum held a hand to his head, feeling a great pain take over his cranium as he relinquished his breath from his lungs in a heavy sigh. The oncoming migraine was the least of his worries however, as he looked up to see Etheriud wielding his orange blade towards Korogum. As Etheriud's calm but forceful tone reverberated into Korogums head, he recoiled a bit, taking in his questioning.

"I do not know what happened, the last thing I remember is touching that altar..."

The vision Korogum had seen in the dreamscape suddenly came rushing back to him, his thoughts being overloaded by the possibilities of what it could mean.

"I had a vision of sorts, while I was...possessed, I think."

Korogum shook his head lightly and knelt down, his migraine worsening by the minute.

"I need to rest. We need to figure out what has happened to us..."

With that, Korogum stumbled to his feet and began weakly shuffling down the hallway, in the direction of his quarters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom