Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awaken the Wardens

Dagos Nasscar

D
He moved closer to his seat in his new office in the Senate Building. That was it. He had made it to the position he'd always dreamt of. He'd spent countless hours hoping to get there, to achieve something which was practically impossible. As a child, he could have never thought he'd make it past being a typical Senate Guard. There seemed to be no way of making it above, to be the one in control of the blue guards. Even the thought of that had typically given him chills.

Yet now he was there. He'd reached his dreams. Wasn't that what he had always wanted? It was, it truly was. But he felt a strange feeling of uneasiness inside. Something seemed to be ache in his chest and he couldn't tell what it was. It could have been the emptiness he felt. Emptiness caused by the fact that he'd fulfilled his dream.

But what now? He couldn't just sit in the office forever. He had to work in order to stay in the position as long as he possibly could. Getting above that rank was difficult, he couldn't name any former Captain of the Senate Guard who'd made it past the rank to the top of the Galactic Republic Military.

His eyes flickered at the streets of Chazwa. A sudden feeling of tranquility appeared deep inside him. He knew all of that was under his protection. He knew his own men would be protecting the district with all their skills and talents. There seemed to be nothing that could possibly come and destroy the peace the blue guards had brought to this place. Dagos himself was ready to destroy anybody who opposed the peace.

He took a deep breath as he turned around and sat behind his new desk. He took one more breath before he would shout loudly so that the woman in the other room would be able to hear, "I'd like a cup of coffee, please."

Dagos Nasscar

D
He could hear her secretary starting to prepare the cup of coffee while he himself opened the huge binder on the desk. It was the previous Captain's log which he was about to read. It was one of the most important documents on which he would base his own work on. The whole bunch of documents had to be read and worked through. It was a tedious task, but he had enough time to do that. The next few weeks were supposed to be simpler. After that, he would get to the real job of giving people orders.

He looked at the very first document in the binder. It was the previous Captain's very first task -- its report was attached to it. The best thing about this binder was that it was all in a chronological order. The different sheets of paper hadn't been put between the two binder in a completely random manner. It was easy to get into the documents and see what had happened before he'd gained the rank.

Shortly after, the secretary already stepped into the room with a hot nice cup of coffee. Dagos didn't even raise his eyes from the binder, but he did mutter a "Thank you!" as the woman set the cup on his desk. It was going to be a difficult and most likely an extremely exhausting day. It was morning, a few hours before noon. But he was told he'd not get out of there before midnight or so. Whether it was going to be like that or no, he had no idea. But he promised himself that he wouldn't force his way through the files. He'd read all of them through carefully and if he were to get tired of them, he would stop.

It was as simple as that.

Dagos Nasscar

D
"You seem to be extremely interested in your new position and the duties which go along with it," a woman spoke after having stepped into the room. It wasn't Dagos' secretary, yet the voice was somewhat familiar to him. He could have sworn he'd heard it before but he couldn't quite tell who the owner of this voice was.

"I gotta be. I would not be here if I weren't interested, isn't it so?" the man replied without raising his head from the binder. He was a little bit too busy reading all of the materials so there was no time to focus on strange women who loved stepping into random people's offices.

"I wish my life was so simple. I would give everything to receive the job I really wanna do, but it seems like it's not enough of a price for that," the woman continued as he progressed through the room, closer to the desk. From the corner of an eye, Dagos could see her take a seat. He would have offered her one, but there was no time for that, either.

"Why don't you leave your current job? Why don't you work towards your dreams, then?" he asked as he raised his head from the binder. The woman who was sitting in the other side of the desk was, indeed, really familiar to him. She was one of the few people who'd made it possible for him to get this very rank in the Senate Guard. And even though he didn't quite know who she was, he did know she was an influential figure.

"That's an option. But I fear I wouldn't be able to get anywhere closer to my desired job if I left now." She smiled at the man as she set her black leather handbag aside. She was wearing a tight bright red dress which made her appear more majestic and luxurious than she actually was.

Dagos Nasscar

D
"So what is the amazing job which you would like to have one day?" Dagos started to get curious. He'd even pushed the binder slightly away from him so that he would be able to focus on the conversation with this lovely madame. She was interesting and he just had to finally come to the understanding of who the woman really was.

"I thought you had something important to do. These files are necessary for you. I want you to read through them and not focus a lot on what I say." The woman's role in this situation changed so drastically in a very short moment. So she was there to provide him distraction so that he couldn't do his job so effectively? Or was he misunderstanding something? He looked at the woman for a few more seconds before turning back to the binder. "Good boy!"

She stood up from the seat and started to move across the room, seemingly looking for something. What he was trying to find, Dagos had no clue. But she seemed to have a general idea of what she wanted to find, so that was the most important.

"You know, there are some more files you'll have to read through. Fifteen Captains ago, there was one who did the most amazing things ever. I don't think there's anybody who's done such things like he has. You should definitely read his log."

Dagos Nasscar

D
"I'll get to that some time during my time in the office," Dagos muttered as he tried to focus on the different files and documents again. The further he got in the binder, the more interesting everything turned. The closer the time got to the Galactic Republic and One Sith war in the logs, the more did he notice how the Senate Guard got more powerful, they were given some more rights, they had much more missions to go to.

It was miraculous. So miraculous that he had to grin, which of course, was noticed by the woman.

"The One Sith conflict, right? Invasion of Coruscant is the absolute best. It has tens and tens of files and documents, as well as a hundred mission reports. It was a powerful conflict, one the Galactic Republic hasn't seen before. At least not during my lifetime."

Dagos barely focused on what the woman talked abut. He was more concerned about the way the previous Captain of the Guard handled all of that. And indeed, there were a bunch of documents about the Invasion of Coruscant. Looked like it would be an amazing read.

Dagos Nasscar

D
"Tell me whenever you finish for the day. I would like to keep track of how much you do on your very first weeks. Because like you should know, that period determines your success on this position," the woman said as she started moving out of the office.

Now the man was really focused. Because he didn't even know what the woman's name was. "But... who are you? How would I find you when I'm done? What's your name?"

The woman only giggled lightly before replying, "Doesn't matter. You will find me nonetheless. I'm easily found if you really want to see me. Which I think you will, by the end of the day." As she'd said the last word, she made it out of the office and didn't come back. There was no sign left of the mystical woman ever having been in the place. And the worst part -- dagos had no idea who she was and how to find her again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom