Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Avenger-Class Heavy Cruiser

Image Source: N/A
Affiliation: One Sith
Manufacturer: One Sith
Modularity: n/a
Production: Mass-Production
Material: Alusteel, Matrix Armor, Titanium Reinforced Duraplast, G-32 Evasive Plating
Classification: Heavy Cruiser.

Length: 950 m
Width: 400m
Height: 200 m
Armament: 16

• 100X Heavy Deck Cannons(Total worth is 400 capital weapons since an individual heavy turbolaser is worth 4 capital ship weapons)
  • 20x Heavy Flex Tube Warhead Launchers
  • 15 Deck Cannons Defensive Emplacements(Total worth is 15 capital ship weapons as an individual defensive emplacement is worth 1 capital ship weapon; same goes for laser cannons)
  • 15 Quad Laser Cannons
  • 4x Long Range Mass Drivers(20 weapons individually. Total worth is 80 weapons)
  • 100x Turbolasers(Individually worth 2 turbolasers. Total worth is 200)
Defenses: 16

Hangar: 12X Shuttles
Special Features:

• Standard Comm Suite
  • Standard Targeting Suite
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Sensor Suite
  • Standard Precision Jump Navigation Computer
  • Redundant Deflector Shields
  • Cap Drains
  • Combat Deionizers
  • Ion Shielding
  • G-03 Tri Tracker
  • Warhead Countermeasures
  • Escape Pods
  • Encrypted Comm Module
  • Redundant Socket Guards
  • PED-21 Distress Beacon
  • Internal Security System
  • Gemcutters
  • 3X Tractor Beam Projectors
  • 2X Gravity Well Projectors
  • Redundant Hypermatter Generators
Maneuverability Rating: 15
Speed Rating:15
Hyperdrive Class: 1.0

Strengths:
-High Armament Rating
-High Defensive Rating
Weaknesses:
-Slow Maneuverability
-Slow Speed

Description: As war progresses, the One Sith Navy is found to be increasingly dependent on new ships in an attempt to update it's navy; seeking to establish himself in the military circles as an excellent designer, Malos decided it was time for him to design his first capital ship.

Wanting to provide that was versatile, Malos had 2x gravity well projectors be installed, with gem cutters in order to improve the precision of the gravity well projectors.

Other than the usage of gem cutters, and the interdictor cruiser, the ship is fairly standard for the One Sith; it features an internal security system filled with rail guns, blaster cannons, and so on, while also featuring the standard suites.

In order to make sure the ship would do well against electronic warfare, Malos heard heavy ECM counter- counter measures be installed. The One Sith Commodore ordered for polarization tech to be installed in various parts of the ship.

All in all, it is a powerful ship, and is quickly becoming a mainstay for the One Sith Navy.

Development Thread: N/A
Who Can Use This: One Sith Navy
Primary Source:N/A

Looking at the example chart for a heavy cruiser, It's total gun count from my understanding is worth 890 capital weapons.

400X2(2 being the worth of an individual turbolaser)=800
25x4=60(4 being the individual capital gun worth for a heavy warhead launcher)
30x1=30(1 being the invididual capital gun worth for a defensive emplacement like a quad laser cannon)

The total capital count for this should be 790.

Any thoughts?

[member="Draco Vereen"] /[member="Cyrus Tregessar"]

Looks like you Up-gunned the heck out of a Victory-class Star Destroyer, slapped a 5 Second Warning and some Gravity Wells into it.

Yank the Gravity Wells and Gemcutter, they aren't worth it as they will cripple your already slow speed and maneuverability, and a 5 second warning won't give you time to activate the Gravity wells without copious amounts of Handwave.

Malos Kas said:
Standard Precision Jump Navigation Computer
Standard Precision is a Contradiction, its either standard or its precision

Also your gun count is more akin to Rating 17-18, and is 1477 of the normal 1230.

Malos Kas said:
100X Heavy Deck Cannons=800 (100X2 For Deck Cannons X4 For Heavy)
20x Heavy Flex Tube Warhead Launchers=400 (20X20 for Heavy Warhead Launchers)
15 Deck Cannons Defensive Emplacements=30 (1X2 for Deck Cannons)
15 Quad Laser Cannons=15
4x Long Range Mass Drivers=32 (4X8 For Long Range)
100x Turbolasers=200

Malos Kas said:
Hangar: 12X Shuttles
Its better just to say it has docking clamps for landing craft than attempt to include a hangar here.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

As always, thanks mang.

So what I'm learning from this is that Deck Cannon Defensive Emplacements are individually worth 2 capital ship weapons right?

I'll scrap the Gravity Wells, and Interdictors mate. I'll also make it a Precision Based Navi Computer.

Not sure about the Flex Tube Warhead Launchers though. How do they have a total gun count of 400 weapons?

Also, how is the gun count 1230, and not 890? I'm just asking this questions for future reference, and to understand what's going on, as I got no doubt that you are probably right.

Malos Kas said:
Not sure about the Flex Tube Warhead Launchers though. How do they have a total gun count of 400 weapons?
Each one is worth 20

Malos Kas said:
Also, how is the gun count 1230, and not 890? I'm just asking this questions for future reference, and to understand what's going on, as I got no doubt that you are probably right.
Counting Defensive Emplacements as 1 and Turbolasers as 2.
400 Turbolasers= 800
20 Heavy Launchers= 400
30 Defense Guns= 30

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
[member="Malos Kas"]

Checked the math, realized I am absolutely not up to date on the newest system.

Draco looks to have the right of it. Per the weapon exchange chart in this post. Hadn't realized how much things had changed. Pre-3.0 ships are probably seriously undergunned right now (except missile ships, they're probably seriously overgunned).

We may need to consider re-doing the entire fleet for 3.0 rules. I'll have to run some numbers on the Wyyrlok, Dark Blade, and Immortals. 1230 on a Heavy Cruiser is huge. You're looking at 5620 points for a Battlecruiser. Jesus H Christ (so interestingly, the canon 3000m 3000+ turbolaser Resurgent is totally doable).

[member="Draco Vereen"]

Thank you very much mate. I have learned a lot from this experience. Now I realize those heavy launchers are as much as a hypervelocity cannon.

EDIT: Reshmar told me that a heavy launcher are worth 10 capital weapons. This is confusing :D

[member="Cyrus Tregessar"].

Yap. Thanks mate.

[member="Malos Kas"]
The way the Gun Count works now Defense Guns are worth 1, Turbolasers are worth 2.

A lot of the old school guys half the counts to make Turbolasers Base 1 instead of Base 2. Its closer to what they are used to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom