Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech AvCoin 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a subtly self-serving decentralized crypto-currency with a backing commodity.
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Avernus Avernus
  • Affiliation: Open-Market
  • Model: AvCoin 1.0
  • Modularity: No.
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: None, totally digital.
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Automated accounts and holdings systems
  • Encrypted transfer though a blockchain for safe, fraud-protected, and hard-to-trace transactions
  • Peer-to-peer with no third party involvement required
  • Aurodium Standard
  • 'Mineable' (in the vein of real-life cryptos)
STRENGTHS
  • AvTech™ Blockchain: The AvCoin blockchain secures information about transactions and transfers to avoid fraud and keep both parties' information safe from intrusions.
  • Aurodium Standard: AvCoin is backed by Aurodium as a means to value and add tangible weight to the otherwise intangible currency.
WEAKNESSES
  • Do you take AvCoin?: AvCoin is backed by a rather high-value and volatile fiat making it largely inaccessible to the poor in most circumstances. The volatility of the currency also means that many establishments shy away from using and accepting the otherwise optional currency.
DESCRIPTION
Avernus has used many different currencies in his day. The local gold-coin currency he grew up with on Athiss, SIC, GSC, OPA Talon, and just about every obscure method of fiat you can imagine from obscure to mainstream. The nuances and shortcomings of each currency always left a bad taste in his mouth. It is time for something more. After hours of research, meditation, drug binges, and hiring experts to do all the hard work for him, Avernus finally had an epiphany. A decentralized digital currency backed by an obscure and insanely valuable commodity. No more banks, no more credit chip companies, and no more third parties. A discreet, easy to use, and hard to steal currency for the individual and the entrepreneur. How and why exactly is this better than other currencies? If you have to ask, you're probably low class and a moron (and out of the target demographic for this revolutionary idea).

Last edited:
Avernus Avernus

If you would please remove the portion of your intent which references competition with another writer, I can approve this submission. It might be good-natured ribbing but it still goes against the spirit of community found in Chaos. Please remove this and I will approve this otherwise terrific submission!

No worries Avernus Avernus , we just like to keep anything like references that might be construed by someone as being 'salty' or 'negative' out of Factory subs as much as we can. Thanks for the quick turnaround and cooperation. I sort of figured Gat was your dude, and you were having fun, but I gotta keep it all clean and cool either way. It's my very great pleasure to inform you that this submission is APPROVED, and thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom