Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Austerilith

Status
Not open for further replies.

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a material to be the basis of several future productions
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Anyone who knows how.
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Mass-Produced.
  • Material: Austerilith is its own unique material, a strange almost paradoxical combination of metallic alloy and chitinous biological substances formed from concentrated force-energy condensed into physical material.
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Biological Alloy
  • Weight: Light
  • Color: The color of Austerilith is heavily based on the personality of the one creating it, forming unique patterns and colorations based off the creator's subconscious thoughts and personality.
  • Resistances: (If this submission has specific resistances, please list them. For each category choose from: None, Very Low, Low, Average, High, Very High, and Extreme. Ratings of High, Very High, and Extreme will need to be added as strengths with elaboration.)
    • Energy (And other Blaster type weapons): High
    • Kinetic: Average
    • Lightsabers: High
    • Force: Very Low
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Austerilith can be reshaped by powerful force users, channeling their will into the material to condense it, stretch it, coax it into new shapes, or tear it to shreds, or even dissolve it into nothingness. Lesser force users can effect it similarly, just not to such an extreme or with much ease.
STRENGTHS
  • Tough and Abundant: Austerilith, due to its bizarre nature, is rather tough for a material so easily obtained by the right mind. And the ease with which it is shaped makes it an incredibly versatile material that those who know how to form it may seek to capitalize on.
WEAKNESSES
  • Force Users: Basically any competent force users have little trouble with Austerilith. Padawans may struggle to have the smallest effect, Knights may be able to tear holes in it or reshape it, and Masters may simply make it dissolve with a small amount of their power.
  • Upkeep: Daily rituals are needed to maintain Austerilith from beginning to dissolve, meaning any attempt to use Austerilith in abundance must be supported by a substantial amount of force users to memorize the rituals and maintain any equipment or structures made with Austerilith lest it begins to dissolve, collapse, and become inoperable.
DESCRIPTION
Austerilith is a hard chitinous material that lacks any polished sheen or reflection, its texture more resembling rock or rough metallic patterns. It comes in a variety of colors depending on who formed it initially, red, black, white, green, blue, all typically faded muted colors and not at all vibrant. This material originates in the Nether, where it forms naturally in large deposits of multicolored hued formations of usually impossible shape and size, formed from the rampant force energies within the Nether. It can be formed within the real world as well but needs frequent ritual and input of force energy for it to keep its shape. Should the ritual be left for too long the Austerilith will slowly dissolve, shifting through space back into the Nether where it will congeal into a new and bizarre formation.

Listib Hibin Listib Hibin

1. Not to my knowledge? With a brief glance about the web I didn't see anything. The goal was to create something new rather than build on the old.

2. Can I ask why? If it's too powerful I can tone down the ratings. I didn't see anything in the Factory Rules saying something like this wouldn't be allowed and I didn't think it was that 'out there' or not 'Star Warsy' enough. Although if that is the case then I'm fine with having this be denied and moving on to a different project / interpretation of what I had planned.

1: You will need to find a canon source for this to be used, as of right now, I cannot let it go through.

2: It is because it has force properties, concentrated minerals such as this is generally in smaller quantities. I spoke to others on the Team and it is an agreement that came to pass on it.
Muphinz Muphinz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom