Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Attrition-class Light Star Destroyer Mark II (Attrition II-class)

Status
Not open for further replies.
novus_aeterno___verunas_fortress_class_final_by_phoenix_06-d4r0rml.jpg

Image Source: Here
Affiliation: Lords of the Fringe/open market
Manufacturer: Iron Crown Enterprises,
Model: Attrition-class Light Star Destroyer Mark II (Attrition II-class)
Modularity: No
Production: Minor
Material: Durasteel (hull), turadium (CIC-style internal bridge, shield generators, hull plating nearest the cloaking device), glasteel (viewports)
Classification: Stealth Destroyer

Length: 1200m
Width: 300m
Height: 200m

Armament:
20 dual heavy turbolaser batteries
85 fastmount turbolasers
10 dual ion cannons
25 heavy flex tube launchers (standard Fringe ACM/Intruder mix; HELIX warheads available to Fringe and special customers)
10 point defense emplacements
10 flak guns
10 antimissile octets
10 quad laser cannons
4 B1-TM3 antimissile countermeasures packages

Hangar:
-Configuration One
8 bombers
20 gunships
10 dropships
8 heavy dropships
-Configuration Two (proprietary to Fringe, Tion, and special customers)
10 Annihilator-class boarding shuttles OR a future Annihilator Mark II OR 5 Hammer-B LACs
8 Sekairo-class stealth transports OR 8 Hammer-B LACs
1 Penumbra-class interdictor OR 22 Hammer-B LACs

Special Features:
Hibridium cloaking device with hyperdrive safety interlock
Gravitic modulator
Thrust trace dampers
Low-profile passive sensor periscope
Low-profile active sensor periscope
B1-TM3 antimissile countermeasures
Point-defense pressor beams (around hangar and engines)
Recessed, single-redundant shield generators (increases shield recharge time)
Tractor beams (8)
Hypermatter annihilation reactor

Maneuverability: 13
Speed Rating: 13
Hyperdrive Class: 1, backup 10

Strengths:
  • Capable of fully cloaking; unlike the Mark I, the Mark II has standard Fringe gravitic modulator and thrust trace damper technology
  • Capable of carrying a limited number of stealth support craft (proprietary version only)
  • Heavier capital armament than the Mark I
  • Internal CIC-style bridge and recessed, turadium-plated shield generators render key points less vulnerable to precision fire
  • Has a much more balanced defensive gun loadout than the Mark I
  • Unlike the Mark I, the Mark II has a hyperdrive safety interlock to prevent the ship from jumping to hyperspace while cloaked (a cloaked hyperjump destroys a hibridium-shielded ship)

Weaknesses:
  • Hibridium cloaking generator is double-blind and thus inferior to pretty much every cloaking device around, along with a good chunk of the market's current non-cloak workarounds in one respect or another
  • Sensor periscope use allows the ship to be detected, especially if it maneuvers
  • Unlike the Mark I, the Mark II does not carry starfighters, certainly not five squadrons of them; its small craft loadout is generally more suitable for ground assault, which can be a tricky role to fill when reentry flame will, to some extent, pass outside the cloaking bubble, and when even upper-atmosphere maneuvers can betray the ship's location. If outfitted with LACs, its entire small craft contingent is very vulnerable to starfighter attacks; if outfitted with stealth support craft, it lacks any kind of genuine offensive small craft punch.
  • Unlike the Mark I, the Mark II lacks a tertiary hyperdrive and a dedicated power supply for that hyperdrive
  • Recessed, armored shield generators increase shield recharge time
Description: The Attrition-class Star Destroyer began its life as a New Order trump card. A short stint in the Abrion Systems Authority ended when Subach-Innes sold the rights to its entire product line at auction. The winner of the Attrition-class was Rave Merrill, founder of Akure Executive Interstellar and majority owner of the Iron Crown shipyards. She ordered the Attrition-class redesigned to increase its selling potential and modernize its capabilities. The resulting specialized ship has weaknesses where the Mark I had strengths, and vice versa; in terms of net change, however, the new ship is significantly more suited to stealth operations, and is not trying to be everything at once. Instead, the Mark II is ideal for stealthed alpha strikes, able to materialize massed heavy warhead assaults from within its hibridium cloaking bubble. It prioritizes warhead types which can acquire targets after exiting the cloaking bubble, though this capability has been known to cause accidents or increase vulnerability to ewar. The sensor periscopes are relatively primitive, no substitute for standard sensors, and their protruding sensor heads appear on enemy sensors to the same degree as a starfighter or small asteroid, inviting closer scrutiny if the ship maneuvers at all. In short, the Attrition Mark II is a ship for experienced commanders and specialized mission types. Use it wrong and you will die.

Development Thread: Epic battle for the rights to the Attrition-class, vigorous stress test of the original Attrition-class concept
Intent: To update the original minor-production Attrition-class into something I can sell.
Who Can Use This: People with money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom