Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Ataraxia Sanctum

Caedyn Arenais

C
Location Template > Generic Building

6XHRYdm.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a facility built upon the principles and foundations of the Silver Jedi, to act as an Orphanage, not for the training of Jedi but a high standard of virtuous and academic upbringing that would otherwise see youth given greater prospects in their future lives.
  • Image Credit: Here, Here & Here.
  • Canon: N/A.
  • Permissions: N/A.
  • Links:
SETTING INFORMATION
Situated within the country of Vellichor, Mnemosyne. The Ataraxia Sanctum is an age-old Temple surrounded on all sides by dense forestry. Vellichor is known for its vast forestry and the wilderness that surrounds the sanctuary spans for miles of dense bush teeming with wild-life.​
In order to reach this sanctuary, one must follow the clearly man-made paths fit only for hiking, or otherwise be approved access to the Temple Hangar and arrive via air transportation. It is typically uncommon for new arrivals to be granted access to the Temple without first having been referred there via an organization associated with the Order of the Silver Jedi, the Jedi Academy Network or House Arenais itself.​
  • Description:
'Despite the name, most people call it an orphanage for refugees. It's more than that...-But I'm tired of correcting people' - Caedyn Arenais.​
The Ataraxia Sanctum was an idea conceived by the fallout of victims suffering the loss of loved ones and homes during times of war, founded by Caedyn Arenais, who wished to provide refugees and war-stricken orphans with an opportunity for quality living through means of education, residency and moral guidance. A sanctuary for those without families or homes due to the fighting of greater powers, and one that does not discriminate between Force Users and Non-Force Users, offering prospects for all who are in need.​
Unlike the constant training and routines of Temple and Enclave life of Force Orders and Organizations, the primary focus of Ataraxia is quality of life and catering to the large numbers expected to come through over the years. Training or learning in the Force can be provided, yet is voluntary as extra-curricular vocations for youth and adults seeking further education.​
POINTS OF INTEREST
  • Academic "School" Wing:
Often referred to as the "School" by the younglings, this section of the sanctuary consists of classrooms and educational facilities capitalizing on technology and the experience/knowledge of teachers and volunteering aids in order to provide further prospects to those seeking to better themselves. Knowledge provided can range from a variety of curriculums, from simple subjects to career preparations leading up to connecting the students with other professionals either on Mnemosyne itself or further out in the wider Galaxy.​
  • Residency Wing:
The Residency Wing houses the bedrooms and living quarters for families and persons of all ages. Those young and orphaned are typically grouped together for company and situated between familial quarters in order to encourage role modelling and adult supervision. Whether the residences are an entire family, or a pair of siblings coming into the facility, all are encouraged to look upon one another and help care for each other during life within the Ataraxia Sanctum.​
  • Health and Care Wing:
For all medical needs ranging from simple medical advice, pediatrics or full-blown surgeries, this section of the Ataraxia Sanctuary houses a plethora of medical professionals and volunteers who come and go, delivering the best of services to those who require them. Care workers are hired from all over Mnemosyne to come and work for those who have suffered the most, some who live on-site full-time, while others undertake shift work while adhering to other facilities.​
  • Administration Quarters:
The Administration Quarters of Ataraxia are the base of operations for the founders and leading organizers of the facility, Caedyn Arenais and the board of directors of Lifeline Connect LTD. Together, these leading contributors help to oversee all operations and services across the sanctuary, seeking to ensure that those who are under their care, are provided with all that they need.​
Board of Directors:
  • Caedyn Arenais.
  • Hallam Schade.
  • Inken Eskridge.
  • Jolande Hadwin.
  • Wendell Pace.
  • Haio Covet.
Executive Director:
  • Archer Norford.
  • The Grounds:
On the outskirts of the Ataraxia Grounds, traffic is monitored via external motion sensors and security camera's providing a constant feed, in order to safe-keep the residents from wild-life or unwanted guests. Within the Grounds, however, the outdoors are open and vast surrounding the Ataraxia compound with gardens, a set of obstacle courses for those in fitness training and plenty of play-areas for the younglings to entertain themselves.​
  • Ataraxia Hangar:
The Hangar is situated on ground level at the base of the refurnished Temple, civilian craft come and go, either transporting new residents or visits to and from the Sanctuary. From time to time there may be military traffic bringing in survivors from war-ravaged worlds, however, for the most part, this is a simple Hangar that serves as the main entrance for all.​
SECURITY

Security Rating: Medium.
  • Blast Doors/Shielding.
  • Security Alarm System.
  • External Motion Tracking Sensors.
  • External Security Cameras.
  • Keypad encrypted access - Password verification.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION

Throughout the years of Caedyn's service within the various Jedi Organizations, most recently the Silver Jedi, being involved in numerous battles and seeing the cost that war can hold upon the innocent, the Jedi Knight decided to utilize the old decrepit temple compound and refurbish it into a new state of the art orphanage and refugee care centre situation within the country of Vellichor, Mnemosyne.

To achieve this, Caedyn brought Lifeline Connect LTD into the fold, a multi-purpose humanitarian organization previous founded for the care of downtrodden societies, he and the board of directors all contributed to the organization and hiring of personal, the technology and restoration efforts that would eventually see to the establishment of Ataraxia Sanctum - Sanctuary for the lost and alone.

Given his background as a former Je'daii Journeyer and current Jedi Knight, Caedyn has incorporated many of the values and virtues of the Jedi into the overarching theme of the facilities operations, encouraging compassion, integrity and selflessness throughout the Ataraxia Staff towards those under their care. Furthermore, Force Users may undergo training if they request it specifically, however, there is no specific doctrine forced upon the occupants and Caedyn has made it especially clear that this is not to be a Jedi recruitment facility, but a place of safety and sanctuary for those without homes or families to care for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
Caedyn Arenais

Hey there, I just wanted to let you know that I still intend to read and review your sub! School and college prep have been crazy lately, but I can promise that I'll do my best to get to your submission within the next few days so that we can get that shiny approval for this one. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding.

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
Caedyn Arenais

I love this idea of safe havens and new homes for people displaced by war. Perfect for Invasion Season 2.0! I just have one thing I'll need either clarified or fixed before I can have attach the shiny:

Image Credit | I looked through the submission a few times and I can't seem to find the first and third images that're listed anywhere in the sub, hyperlinked or otherwise. Did you mean to link them somewhere in the sub? If I just missed it and it's there, please correct me. However, if you'd like to use the images, would you mind adding them where you'd like them to be?
Once that's all cleared up, I'll be more than happy to approve this! Give me a tag if you have questions or once you complete the edits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom