Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

At the Spanish Moon, Whiskey and bad glitterstim

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
He was starting to feel more like he belonged in this situation, something was just feeling more relaxed about Marek. Maybe it was because he was finally streamlining things. Submissions were being reviewed by trusted people with a pretty extensive list of what he was looking for given to everyone. Sindy was making sure that they fit in a technologically sound place, and that the prototype was better than he could hope, and he even had someone else handling the rest of his public relations.

It allowed Marek some time for vacation and other R&R as he wasn’t a huge fan of needing to be any one place for too long. And on top of that, the Templar Marksman also didn’t like to not be doing something worthwhile, which was how he felt vacation was for too long. Still, being around Irridia was… intoxicating to say the least. As much as he didn’t want to get away, he knew it was probably for the best between the two of them to have some time apart, just so he didn’t take all she would give, and vice versa.

When he was finally able to do some looking into the galaxy, the South Systems Bazaar was something he wanted to check out. Really, he did have his own company to help run, and not jus the Techno Union. The trick with working with the Xi Char was that they had a tendency to get tunnel vision. So that was what his father had done for them, he helped them think. It was what he was going to have to do, as well, it seemed.

Making his way out to Tatooine, which wasn’t all that hard, considering his own location within the Confederacy, Marek had figured it was smart to move the meeting away from any form of office. Force knew he was sick and tired of them. Knowing he had wares to sell, and that didn’t give him much to barter with, he still took the chance of contacting Ms. Arceneau and suggesting meeting at one of her cantinas. Just to give her the homefield advantage.

Taking a seat in a specified booth from one of the people who greeted him, he ordered a Corellian ale, he started tinkering on his datapad, getting the specifics of what would happen, and how much he could sell, for what price. Or how best to sell the manufacturing his company did. He also made to put his blaster pistol up, so that all weapons were, as seen, on the table.

Now he just had to wait, and make sure she showed up.

@[member="Danger Arceneau"]

Ain’t a cantina or watering hole on Tatooine that Danger Arceneau didn’t have in her pocket.‘Course, for appearances sake, one doesn’t flaunt that sort of detail. It just was and is. It be the way things run on Tatooine, Visroys or not with the CIS.

‘Course, that be the arrangement and Danger don’t do much in terms of stepping on the Confederacy’s Visroy’s shoes. She makes sure Tatooine is running the way it be supposed to be running and all that Visroy has to do is make sure Danger’s interests keep running like a well oiled machine.

‘sidering that the Confederacy and Danger’s mutual business arrangement grew ever since the Confederacy’s conception, to include that of the former Trade Guild within it’s ranks, Danger already had a close relationship to the big wigs that the Confederacy sponsored -- being their sole exclusive contract for your general trade goods, fuel, and freighter services certainly held a measure of interests towards all them corporate types that work along side the Confederacy. ‘Course, time has a way of making folk change faces ‘round these parts.

Which is why for this very reason Miz Arceneau had an appointment with one Marek Starchaser.

Seeing the titan maned full figured woman outside of Arceneau Headquarters was not an uncommon sight. She was more apt to get into her natural habitat of loose muslin blouses with the first two buttons left open, leaving a rather eye catching view for any red blooded sentient to feast upon. Her tanned britches certainly seemed like a second skin, hugging her full figure and long legs to where her pants tucked into a pair of supple black leather boots.

Sandstorms have been a pretty kind of pickle as of late, so having a full face mask complete with goggles helped keep the bulk of the sand at bay. Needless to say, it wasn’t the perfect picture of elegance most folk had come to associate with Danger Arceneau, and it was times like these where one remembered just where she was born and raised -- there be a reason why August Arceneau done named his only daughter Dangeruese Rose.

Like the desert flower that grew with wicked thorns to deter any would be assailants, there was more than met the eye behind that coy smile and provocative gaze.

Needless to say, it wasn’t long ‘fore the tattoo of heavy boots and a swirl of sand upon the entrance of a familiar feminine figure came in. With a full hip sway, Danger made her way over to the bar, catching the eye of the bartender from behind her gaiter and waving him down with a hand signal that gave a greeting and sent the man rushing to get her the usual.

The sound of footsteps would get louder among the merry music playing in the background, various patrons dipping their heads in respect as the woman strode on by. An empty bar stool sat just to the right of the slightly scruffy face Techno Union head, and Danger made herself at home.

With a deep sigh of content, the woman slid onto the seat, one hand rising up to pull up the goggles and slide the head covering from her face, revealing falling long loose waves of auburn hair. A faint chuckle came as she began to fluff it with her other hand, while the other sat her gaiter and goggles upon the bartop.

Feline green eyes soon slid over to pan upon Marek, and that sultry Southern Systems drawl soon went flowing over the man, painting all kinds of suggestive images as she began,”Well well well now, Mistah Starchaser…a pleasure… tell me, just what can I do for you?

Corey's OOC

Being out of an office was great. And he really needed the vacation, for sure. Probably not the best place, an institution such as this to learn the ins and outs of his position, but he just preferred to clear things up personally, and make sure that he wasn’t stepping on any toes, and he wasn’t accidentally burning bridges. After all, Arceneau was the main transit provided for the Confederate space, and it helped a lot, knowing the logistics were all from a trusted place.

The trick now was to see what else Arceneau was good for. Well, maybe that was the worst way to put it, but Marek did have some, hopefully unique wares that she could be interested in. He knew the Confederacy was going to use them for their military processes, but he had originally approved them for the civilians of the galaxy, especially in the places where the worlds hadn’t quite rebuilt since the Darkness in the galaxy.

The big thing for Marek was getting a face to the name, still new to his job, it was finally time for him to branch out on his own instead of letting the underlings manage everything, really, no good way to do business. Well, some business, but for others? They were going to need to see his face.

Back before the whole life change he had gone through, Marek made his way to several of these fine establishments on nearly a dozen worlds, and this was the first time where he was feeling out of his element. Maybe it was the nerves? Or the fact that he was starting to work in a straight-laced job. An actual job, with actual responsibilities over ‘lets get drunk and fight.’ That was back when he had nothing to lose, least of all expensive clothes where he was actually concerned in making an impression.

My times have changed, Marek’s world was moving on, it seemed.

Watching, and by this, we mean the most intent manner the word can portray, as Danger approached, with the attitude in the bar, both through the Force and verbal cues, this had to be her, and everyone knew it. He wondered, idly, how much of the Viceroy she had in her pocket. The real trick was to avert his eyes to hers, and not to the obvious targets lower.

And that accent, he was in trouble. “A pleasure, ma’am.” He nodded to her, pulling up a few files on his datapad. “Not all work comin’ from me’s gonna be fer da Tech Union.” He felt he might be able to drop some of his formality here. And with one or two down, it was just second nature. “This one’s a business proposition. I hear yer the one ta talk to to get things inta the eyes of buyers?"

@[member="Danger Arceneau"]

@[member="Marek Starchaser"]

Amusement lit Danger's green eyes at the twang Marek had, her torso shifting a bit to face him, while one hand came to rest just underneath her chin. In moments, the barkeep slid three fingers worth of the finest Whyren's the Blake's in Corellia had made; a ten year old batch with a pricey sum on it, but well worth it.

"Mmm," she began, rolling a shoulder as if to humbly say, I do what I can. The right corner of her mouth gave a perk, and she leaned forward a bit, "I do what I can, Mistah Starchaser, " she said, taking her drink in her hand.

"But a little networking ain't hurt profits," she admitted, casting a wink before taking a sip of the amber liquid. Fire ripped through her belly, but she enjoyed the taste. "Hmm... but ensuring that I place a good foundation for folk to shop in one place and get all they can only maximizes profits. I've the numbers in the millions to show that the businesses who come into South Systems Business Bazaar end up doubling if not trippling their profit margin."

There was a hint of interest in her eyes,"Now... what is this I hear about a business proposition... color me intrigued."

Corey's OOC

Situationally aware, he noticed the drink that was poured for miss @[member="Danger Arceneau"] as it was being poured. Of course, he was also looking for reasons to not be staring at her. He had figured this woman knew what she was doing, and how to work the men-folk. Hell, half the women folk, the ones who decided they weren’t jealous and going to kill her.

Besides, she did know what she had, and who she was, that bit was obvious. And he wasn’t sure if it made her more… attractive and dangerous, or not. He was betting on the more side, obviously. And there was the whole not letting his eyes wander, right. “Tis all any of us can do, yeah?” At least she could appreciate it.

He nodded to that. Networking and changing gears. He was working on a few things to extend Haor Chall into its routes of trade and commerce, but its becoming more of material and resources, but that doesn’t hurt, ever. See, this was why he was coming to her. “Another reason I be comin’ to ya.” He hit a few buttons on the datapad and slid it over to her.

“Haor Chall and some of our Techno Union partners are working on some exciting new tech. We’ve got a few leads on new tech from da Union, but with Haor Chall, we’re working on mining, for the public sector. Haor Chall has worked on a planetary seismic imaging system to hunt for material, as well as a set of harvesting droids, and working with Druckenwell, a ship to use ‘em in asteroid fields.” He voice was changing from his drawl to professional as he was technically speaking business. The data also showed the Haor Chall survey craft, and he’d explain her if Danger asked.

@[member="Marek Starchaser"]

Now Mr. Starchaser was talking of a sorts that drew Danger's interest. More so when the datapad went about detailing some projects and wares she was mighty keen off. Her sabaacc face was still up, so she cooly appeared to be looking over the presented wares.

"Well well well Mr. Starchaser... seems ya'll been pretty busy up at the Techno Union... more so with your own company now." she began, giving a little chuckle, "Alisha'ven is my delegate over there, but clearly.. ya'll made some strides since ya'll started up."

They were good designs. Damn good designs. "Been thinking of expanding my salvaging and expedition fleet to be prospecting worlds for fuels, if this looks like it be looking... you just might be the one I come to to help lil ol me," she flashed him a wink, teasing him so.

"This seismic imaging system... does it do the same in terms of prospecting for liquid fuel, solid, and perhaps tibanna gas?"

Corey's OOC

He was working on some big things for Haor Chall. What he wanted to do was form two smaller subsidiaries of the company. One for a civilian market, and another for the military. Both would benefit from the precise engineering and some of the technology that was shared through the Techno Union. Working on the civilian aspect, its all about resource gathering and mapping, something similar to what Silk was doing, same with Arakyd, but making it their own. This was going to be a fully integrated system, everything working flawlessly together.

“We do like ta keep ourselves occupied.” He nodded, smirking. “I’m not exactly the biggest tech minded person, but I do know a thing or twelve ‘bout survival.” And company survival wasn’t that much different. Be ready for anything.

“Yes, it is focused on scanning tru rock, while its got its system for digging, with certain resources of a more flammable nature, it should be noted to take care excavating dat. Its really good at breaking the first few layers of earth between you and what you’re after, doe.”

[member="Danger Arceneau"]

[member="Marek Starchaser"]

Danger gave a nod. It was all the kinds of things she was wanting to hear, but there was something more.

"Now, how are you at building a faster and quicker way to mine and collect liquid fuels and gas?" she asked curiously. They had the standard methods, but innovation meant less costs and more product. If he could do something to speed up the process, all the more better. She made a slight wave of her hand to order more whiskey, which was promptly served for her in a moment's notice.

"Perhaps maybe even something along the lines of a new method of water purifying and storing as well." if she could refit this, it would make bringing water to worlds without water or a limited supply all the more better.

Corey's OOC

Really, Haor Chall was open to working their deisgns out, and improving them. That was how things worked, really, improvements needed to be made to everything. And those insects, they were damn good at it. “We can certainly work on it. If I push the idea at the designers, they’ll go about it. I’m sure we can get something worked out very quickly.” For the company’s sake, and for his own. It would help business all over, anyway.

“Water purifying we’re working on. So many planets are lackin’ in da fresh water, and da saline water ain’t really good fer most species.” He shrugged. Making things work on all worlds, definitely part of Haor Chall’s mission goal.

Danger gave a sugary smile to [member="Marek Starchaser"], glad that he was quickly able to direct his attention to her concerns. A small wave of her hand prompted the barkeep to bringing the entire bottle of whiskey, setting it in front of her for her pleasure. Another shot glass was set in front of Marek.

Danger kept her sugary smile as she began to pour each of them a shot of the good stuff, Whyren’s mind you, ”Well, I reckon then if ya’ll can provide me and mine with that bit of a set up… ya just might have yourself an accord,” she finished the pour and set the bottle back on the bartop.

Her fingers went wrapping round the shot glass as if in toast to the rugged male, casting a wink in his direction.

And a proper mutually beneficial business relationship.

Corey's OOC

See, this woman was able to get whatever she wanted, and she fething knew it. He really wished he had that ability sometimes. It would be nice to walk around and just know that whatever you wanted you got. Though, it would probably get obnoxious really quickly, unfortunately.

Nodding to the shotglass, he smiled. Was going to be one of those kinds of deals? “We’ll git right on it. Shouldn’t take mor’an a week to start gettin’ some rollin’ off the line.” And right into her hands. That would be the first bet. Taking the second glass, he lifted it up to her.

“Yes’m. I can toast to that!” A smirk cast towards her, he took a shot. “Anythin’ else from our line?”

[member="Marek Starchaser"]

Her glass gave a slight clink against his, and she flashed him a wide wink.

"For our current dealings, I think I'm mighty fine were we be.... How about you of me, Mistah Starchaser. " she gave a throaty chuckle, perking up a brow.

"Is there anything I might be able to do for you?"

It was a wonder if she meant ATC, the SSB... or herself. But that was just the fun part of the game.

Corey's OOC

Really, he was going to have to get used to her feminine charms if he was going to get anything accomplished with her. Aside from staring. Which just meant he’d be able to give her anything she wanted. Nodding, he bit at his lip. “I believe business is all set.” And his chances with anything else? Most likely nill.

“Now that’s a loaded question, innit?” He grinned at her before pouring a second round. “I think it might be best if I don’t answer dat completely truthfully.” He shook his head, shooting the Whyren’s.

Coy laughter came bubbling out in a melodic tone from the fiery-redhead, a wink cast towards @Mark Starchaser 's direction at that.

"Mmm... reckon it depends on just what kind of payout it be dealin'," came her amused quip, taking her own shot with a finesse of one well used to taking the bottle as if weened from it.

After setting down her shot glass, Danger began to lean a bit closer, close enough for one to notice the faint sprinkle of freckles that lined over her nose and cheeks. The heady scent of that barely there tantalizing perfume would slowly come to waft round Mark, as she began, "Just making sure... a client of Arceneau should always be a happy customer... is there anything Arceneau Trade might be able to help you with further... well..." a lone finger rose to lightly trail her fingertip across the collar of Mark's coat.

There came another devilish wink, "Then you know where to find me."

Corey's OOC

He could really see why [member="Danger Arceneau"] was good at her job. She was serious in what she did and seemed to have a natural talent for disarming men. It was working on him, for sure.

Right. He blinked as he could smell the perfume on her. "I suppose there is one more bit of business." Why had he forgotten it? Shaking his head he opened up the data pad. Contracts. And he knew the majority of the ATC contract. But it was founded by someone else. He needed to refresh it. To make it his.

Feeling her hand along his collar, he smiled. Right. Business. Business first. Checking her out second. "You've been a great asset to the Confederacy, with whay you bring to the table. I'd love to get an early renewal of your contract, if you would be interested?" Even if here is the last place and last thing he wanted to do with her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom