Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private At the edge of Shadow

Faith and Alicio had returned to the Embassy on Coruscant she wished to speak with him without a concern of others listening. She was about to entrust him with something of importance. She had seen his steadfast attention to the details, and how he had worked so well with others regarding Sanctuary City, but even greater than that was the friendship he had developed with Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix .

She hoped he would not be offended by what she was going to ask.

"I love this Embassy it is the only one we built there are no others, perhaps we should consider building a few more and staffing them with Nobles who wish to represent Alderaan." It was one possibility. But this was not what she wanted to talk to him about.

"How did you find the Senate today?" She walked towards the gardens of the Embassy it was one of the few places outside of the conservatories on Coruscant with living greenery and beautiful flowers all courtesy of Tia who loved all living things.

Tags: Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

The Embassy was a breath of fresh air in the busy hustle of Coruscant. It carried some of the motifs of Alderaanian design and connectedness to nature, but with a distinctly Coruscanti flair. If he were to go into a room and shut the windows, he could even pretend he were on a busy street in New Aldera.

But if he looked out the viewport at the long lines of speeders or terrifyingly tall skyscrapers, or even closed his eyes to hear the industry below his feet, the illusion would shatter. Not that he didn't enjoy Coruscant for what it was. It was just different.

"It's lovely," Alicio said, meaning it genuinely. "I doubt there would be many objections to constructing more."

At Faith's next question, Alicio mulled over the day. "It was... a lot." Alicio walked beside his cousin, observing the first flora he'd seen all day in the garden. "I had difficulty remembering everyone's names, and there were so many viewpoints. It was difficult to keep it all straight."

"But it was all rather exciting, too. Just like you said before, everyone that spoke was shaping the future of hundreds of worlds. The vote was so close, if one person hadn't talked, the outcome may have been completely different."
The look in Alicio's eyes shared his inward thoughts better than his words ever could; tired, but inspired.

- Faith Organa Faith Organa -

All those emotions yes she recognized them all.

"That feeling inside as you listen, that fear that edges towards leaving and staying it all manages to keep you in your spot till the very end. All the voices help to sway those in the room that are on the edge not sure which way to go. You can only hope to have them see your point and agree with it. No that's not quite right, sometimes it they must have the courage to agree and vote that they agree."

Politics it was like riding a thranta some days you catch the right wind and fly so high your breath seems taken away, and then there are the days when the wind is against you and every move forward is a fight. How could she explain that to Alicio when sometimes even she didn't understand it.

"Alicio I asked to speak to you because..." She paused trying to find the right words, "the bill today was pivot point the beginning of a group of Senators looking to look closely at the Corporatists and the companies they are associated with. It is the view that..." she shook her head, "no that's not what I want to say."

Lord this was...difficult.

"Alderaan is small and we have a small military and have need to the idea we are protected, the people need it too. There have been too many times our world has suffered. Does this make sense so far? "

She wanted to show him her view first, what she sees, what she felt.

Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

Alicio kept his mouth shut, and his ears open as Faith spoke. He slowly realized that something was off as he listened.

It was a quiet, creeping sensation. The way that she spoke, as if she was struggling to find the right words. Her subject matter, this talk of fear and war and protection. It was almost as if Queen Faith, Queen Faith, was scared.

The realization made the younger Organa a little fearful too.

"I follow," said Alicio, a little hesitantly. "Although I'm not sure where this is going, Faith. Do you think Alderaan is under threat of attack?"

Alicio stared down at a flower in the garden, his thoughts obviously elsewhere. "I suppose the New Imperial Order is inching rather close to our system. And our neighbor Kuat was just threatened..." He sent a look at Faith, looking for confirmation or denial.

She took a deep breath yes she could talk to the Senate and sound sure of each word, but at this moment she struggled for the right words. She felt bad that she had decided to burden Alicio Organa Alicio Organa so early in his career, but in her eyes there was a growing risk and uncertainty of what the Chancellor would do or the Corporatists.

"There is going to be a movement in Senate to take on the Corporatists, and by that also the Chancellor." Her dark eyes searched Alicio's face for a moment she said to herself no don't do it, but she couldn't help it, she needed help. Young Alicio has the misfortune of being in the right place at the wrong time.

"I behind closed doors will support this action and offer help where we can. But openly I am going to try to be neutral as much as I can because it would too convenient that should Alderaan come under attack that the Alliance might suddenly not have enough ships to aide us." She was afraid of what could happen, not that it would experience had taught her differently.

She had to let that sink in it had happened before with a different government that had left them alone. She would do her best not to risk that again.

"But I would like to do a couple of things to help communications. I would like you to talk with Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix she is the one who brought the idea up and she will lead this effort." oh my goodness she thought.

"I want you to use your position with Sanctuary City to speak with her and carry messages back and forth. To help that long my birthday coming, and I would like to use it as a cover story to invite the other members of the group to Alderaan to meet." Faith had really laid it out and quickly, she wasn't sure how Alicio would react.

If he was uncomfortable she would swear him to secrecy and ask Ikenna Tahj Ikenna Tahj to step in. But first she needed to know how Alicio felt.

As Faith spoke, Alicio forgot all about the garden, and the embassy, and the planet they were on. The young noble focused entirely on his cousin, his face neutral, but with the smallest hints of a multitude of emotions playing under it. It was as if his feelings were pulling him in every which way, and the only way he could show it was strained calm.

It was a lot to take in. Even more so than all of the responsibilities Queen Faith had given him so far. Alicio finally broke eye contact, tucking his hands into his cloak, and staring with his blue-grey eyes at that same flower. It had lost a bit of it's luster.

"I... I don't know what to say." He had almost convinced himself that the Senate was the perfect house of laws, where everyone tried to help the common folk. But the information he'd just received shocked him to reality. "You're asking me to perform political espionage."

It reminded him of Alderaanian House politics. The same kind of House politics that destroyed his family, and forced them into hiding.

Despite all that, Alicio suddenly grew a fierce expression, having finally focused on one emotion; conviction. "And if you think it's our only option, I'm with you."

"I've lied to protect our family for my entire life. I can do it to protect Alderaan."

She watched his face and for a moment she thought I've broken him asking too much too soon. She felt it breaking her heart she could have asked Theo but he would of had to establish a relationship with Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix . She nodded waiting for him to tell her no.

His stance the way his face went passive to hide his emotions. Goodness this was taking family one step too far but it wasn't for family it was for all of Alderaan to try to keep them safe. "I'm asking you to carry messages to someone who has the same views about how the Corporatists and the security forces who exhibited the behaviors of the Imperial Police Force. Would you feel differently if the security forces were here on Alderaan?"

She kept her gaze on him to try and read how he felt, "Just be honest with me." It was the one thing she hoped everyone would be could he do that? Would he? Or would he take the position others have...she was Queen and what she asked they would do no matter how it made them feel.

But then there was a hardness in his eyes as if he had come to a decision. She couldn't help but smile, "You do know that Bail Organa served in the Senate during the time of Palpatine all while supporting the rebels. I think we would be doing the same type of thing, keeping our position, but supporting those that need it. Thank you Alicio. We will see if an appointment can be made with Tiresh, and we need to plan my birthday."

What was the risk? The risk if she took into consideration the worst things that could happen no matter how inconceivable. they were too fantastic to even touch upon.

"You remember the clips from Denon, yes?"

Tags: Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

"Would you feel differently if the security forces were here on Alderaan?"

Alicio was glad that Faith accepted his statement of allegiance after she asked that question, because the young noble wasn't sure how he felt. Conceptually, he knew the correct thing to say was 'of course not, I would be just as outraged'. But in practice... he wasn't sure.

And that made him feel guilty.

Faith comparing their situation to the heroes of old didn't assuage his fears. "If I remember correctly, that particular tale does not end well for Bail Organa." In fact, it led to his death, and the destruction of Alderaan. "Despite that, we cannot ignore a corrupt system that doesn't care for it's people. I agree."

Alicio stood a little taller. "I already have a meeting planned with Senator Kobitana. She's invited me to Lujo to look over ground zero for the sister city. I can take her the message then."

Then, he nodded at Faith's question about Denon. "I remember."

She nodded, "It didn't but he kept to what he believed." He already had a meeting with Tiresh, excellent timing was everything.

"I would only want to say to her we stand with them but on our own terms. And then ask her if she would like to come to a birthday party,"

She smiled pleased with herself, and pleased that Alicio Organa Alicio Organa would work with her on this. He certainly did exhibit all the qualities that were needed in a noble of Alderaan...a leader of Alderaan. She then looked at him in a different light as a royal of Alderaan.

"thank you for your help I greatly appreciate it. I hope it goes well for us all."

If anything bad came of this Faith already knew what she would do that decision was made before she even asked for his assistance. She'd have to remind Claire of what an asset her family was to House Organa.

Last edited:
"I will do my best to relay your message," Alicio said, his face etched in a frown. The young man's eyes, however, kept that same spark of determination.

Despite his self-doubts. Despite his fears that he wasn't ready for this, that the Alliance was falling into a disarray that the greatest minds in the galaxy couldn't fix. Despite the anxieties of what that means for Alderaan.

Alicio looked out over the garden, to the towering structures of Coruscant, and thought of the people.

"A little hope goes a long way, Faith."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom