Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

At the center of all things that matter.

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
63a1198508dd340f6cedf5ce62da34fbd.jpg
~Avalon, Dosuum~
Imperial Palace and Capital Complex
After spending all morning with a bunch of long winded bureaucrats with little accomplished due to their biased entrenchments for each of their own planets, Madlyn Sol was glad to be free of them. Since the diplomatic aide's return to work with the Diplomatic Corps after a lengthy leave of absence post the Ssi-Ruuk attack on Dosuum, she had hit the pavement running so to speak. With her legal and economic background, the redhead had been put to use giving counsel and reviewing the Budget Committee's body of work produced though it had been little to nil so far and not what she would call quality work either; well it wasn't up to her standards.

The Chairman had appreciatively adjourned the session early for the long weekend coming up, which would give Mads time to relax a bit before digging into what the committee had come up with for budgetary consignments. Ever the diligent worker bee, Mads often worked from her appointed residence on Embassy Row when staying on Dosuum rather than going back to Riflor; the loyal Imperial's adopted homeworld after fleeing from Eriadu when the Galactic Alliance took it over uninvited.

There was a reason why texting and walking wasn't a good thing. Madlyn's red-gold head was tipped downward while her bright blue eyes gazed at the iComm in her hands, manicured fingers typing furiously a message to [member="Nathaniel Barrett"], the Governor of Riflor, for whom recently she had done some business for during the economic summit held on Halm aboard the Desert Empress. The Aide knew she should be looking where she was going while strolling along one of the outdoor pathways in the busy plaza which connected the Imperial Palace and Capital Complex, but there were only a couple more quick words, then the send button could be pushed...

It happened so fast that Mads didn't know how she ended up in the dark haired man's strong arms rather than face first on the hard duracrete sidewalk. Stupid, stupid, stupid, the redhead berated herself as she realized her savior was a high ranking officer in the Army from his uniform. Those golden eyes of his were either boring a hole into her soul for being so reckless and/or searching her blue pools for something else; both would make her squirm for different reasons. He was dangerously good looking.

"I am so sorry... sir. This was all my fault," Mads apologized with a reddish pink tint coloring upon the Eriaduan's high cheekbones as she stepped back from his person and straightened her business attire. "Thank you though very much for catching me. I hope I didn't hurt you in any way?"

[member="Asharad Graush"]

A'sharad was in the process of moving his things into the Imperial Palace, specifically into the space that had once belonged to General Vaas. In truth, he should've long since transferred there once Ludolf Vaas had been made the Supreme Commander, but the Epicant-Hybrid had thought it best to keep a personal eye on the then White Wolves, the most elite legion that the First Order had to offer. However, with heavy casualtis sustained on Kaeshana, it had come to light that there were multiple other units apart of other battlegroups that were just as equipped, if not more so than the White Wolves to tackle the obstacles of the battlefield.

He was silent as he walked through the outdoor pathways. Still, he was teaching himself the ins and outs of the Palace, it was still one of his first days there. In fact, he hadn't been in his office since that morning. It was being re-arranged to fit his needs as High Marshal and as a Sith Lord, though the latter was a little less official.

Needless to say, the moment he had found himself a door to walk out of, he had become lost.

Although he kept to himself, likely because he was a Sith, no matter how decorated by the Army, few wanted to associate with him. He had developed a reputation of being cold, and ruthless on the battlefield.

And then he crashed into somebody.

He reacted.

He caught the woman as she collapsed, his reactions slow. He had been lax then. The Force Speed he employed for less than half a second allowed him to catch her, and he helped her back up to standing properly even as she made all her apologies.

"It is quite alright," he said with a faint smile, his cybernetic arm whirring as both his hands came together in front of him. "I am quite fine, thank you," he said as he appraised her for any blemishes in her appearance. After all, this was the Imperial Palace where appearances were everything. You had to look presentable, though he himself didn't always follow that policy. He had made quite the name for himself in that regard too.

"I'm new to the Palace."

[member="Madlyn Sol"]

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
"I am grateful that you are," Mads nodded, then added with a small almost playful smile. "Otherwise it would be most embarrassing to tell your superiors how you were accosted and injured by a mere woman's purse," she shrugged patting a large stylish handbag that doubled as a briefcase for her hanging from its handle in the crook of her left arm. There were several encrypted data pads and data chips stuffed inside not to mention other survival gear to get her through a busy day like protein bars, dried fruit, and a refillable water bottle.

A slight afternoon breeze came through the plaza and caught her long strawberry blonde hair bringing some wayward strands blowing across her face and right into her lightly glossed lips. Madlyn dropped her iComm into a pocket on the outside of the bag, then that free hand tucked the hair behind her right ear to hopefully contain it better. "Well welcome. We are all new at some point. I work in both the Imperial Palace and the Capital Complex so I travel to and from quite often through the plaza when I am here, though I usually take the path on the other side of the grand fountain.... My favorite roses line the other side so very worth the extra few steps and time, though this one is much more direct for one if they are coming from or going to the military base," she explained, then felt very silly doing so.

"And here I am just rambling on without a proper introduction, my apologies, sir. I am Madlyn Sol, a legal counselor and aide for the Diplomatic Corps," the long-legged redhead offered with yet another small smile though much more business like this time in case he wanted her name and position to have for a report on the unfortunate incident, which was totally her fault; extending her petite right hand for a professional shake.

Why did he make her so nervous as usually Mads was well put together?

A'sharad had even noticed the purse that was in the crook of her arm. Well, that was entirely a given since he hadn't even noticed her at all apparently. Offering a smile at the jest she made, he raised an inquisitive brow at her mention of superiors. At his rank at the top of the Army's structure, he didn't exactly have superiors, though he smiled all the same, for her benefit. She'd learn at a later point, he figured.

The afternoon breeze that passed through in that instant lifted multiple hairs from his face, and he raised his organic, the left, up to push those stray strands out of his eyes and as close to being behind his ear as he possibly could. "I believe I had taken the path on the other side of the Grand Fountain just yesterday," he replied. "Unfortunately," he raised a hand to scratch the back of his head, "I got lost on the way there," he said. And then he turned away from her, at least partially so as he looked back to the path he had come.

He should be close to the front of the Palace then.

Easy.

He thought back to the steps he had taken yesterday, and then he realized she was introducing herself to him and he turned back around to her, attentive as a wry grin rose to his lips. When her hand had reached up, his right hand, cybernetics whirring as he lifted it to his lips, his head moving down to follow as he pressed his lips upon the delicate fingers of her small hand.

"A'sharad Graush," he started. "High Marshal of the First Order's Army."

He smiled.

[member="Madlyn Sol"]

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
It seemed both were having hair issues with the breeze blowing about their respective do's. Mads so wanted to brush his long bangs out of his eyes, but soon enough he'd taken care of it for himself; endearing to watch before he began looking around at the surroundings, maybe trying to get his bearings once more.

The redhead bit the inside of her cheek to keep a giggle inside so as she found this military officer's lack of direction humorous in a cute way. Typical of opposite sex though to not pay attention to detail unless it meant feeding their stomach or other brain. He truly did though seem like a lost puppy, but that could just be a ploy as well to gain her favor. Men, you know.

After introducing herself, the man's next move rather took the Eriaduan by pleasant surprise as he forwent the shake and rather picked up her offered hand within his cybernetic one, the mechanical digits whirring while acquiring her flesh ones, then his warm lips left a chaste kiss upon the fair and soft skin within his gentle grasp. But what really surprised Mads was his identity given; supplying both his name and rank to her. He was not just any army officer. He was the army officer it would seem.

Oh my gods... You really stepped in it this time.

Madlyn inclined her red-gold head in a gracious and respectful manner towards the rather handsome dark-haired High Marshal of the Army; the finest army in all the galaxy. Bright blues met his golden orbs with a smile to match his own; again some heat felt upon her face. Blushing wasn't her usual response, though too not many men kissed her hand in such a gentlemanly fashion.

"It is an honor to meet you, Marshal Graush. I really should learn what the rank bars mean that you wear so proudly upon your fine uniform. I hope you will forgive me for this whole incident. I can assure you I will be more mindful where I am going in the future."

A'sharad smiled all the while at her seemingly surprised look when he had kissed her hand. Though it reached much farther than that as his senses in the Force brushed upon her consciousness, unwittingly to her, though if she happened to be more perceptive than others without the gift of the Force, perhaps she would've felt as if someone was breathing down her shoulder. A'sharad after all, was no empath, his abilities in the sense department was sloppy, though he was quite the warrior.

All in all, he thought he felt the sensation of want from her, and from the glint in his eyes that shined only for a moment, it suggested that he was thinking the same.

"Your apologies are accepted, Madlyn Sol," he said, utilizing her full name as he continued on to step closer to her. "However, should you help me in finding my way back to my Offices, I'm sure I could offer you a lesson as to how to identify them," he said with a wry grin.

[member="Madlyn Sol"]

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
Madlyn felt like something had ever so brushed the side of her neck that was exposed, but nothing was visibly there. It made the redhead shudder a moment with a tingle shooting down her spine; one she'd felt before that only meant trouble.

Suddenly the air seemed heavier, warmer with an unseen static electricity flowing between them as the High General closed the distance and invaded Mads' personal comfort zone of at least one arm length away. Madlyn's heart began to race and breath hitched as he flashed a sly woman chaser's smile at her. So this was a game to him, huh? His emphases on the word lesson could only mean one thing, yep trouble. Two troubles meant big trouble.

So how did the situation get to this point? The diplomatic aide was simply trying to get from point A to point B in a timely fashion when bam... There was all this tension going on between total strangers. Did Mads have a frak me sign on her person somewhere, though the thought was appealing since it had been... well way too long to bother even mentioning. A casual, momentary pick me up though wasn't her usual tune to dance to. But before her panties got all in a bunch, she needed to slow things down. It probably was all just a figment of Mads' imagination he was putting the moves on her in broad daylight anyway.

The redhead's lips curled upward into soft smirk, then she slid the large handbag's handle from the crook of her arm up to the shoulder. "Well as much as a lesson in differentiating military ranks would be very useful in my professional practice, I must decline at this time joining you in your office. Though perhaps... we could discuss the matter over drinks another time when our respective duties are not forthcoming."

And just like that his boldness had thrown him into hot water, bringing [member="Madlyn Sol"] on edge likely the instant he had stepped into her personal space. He didn't want to impose, not yet anyway, and so he took the one step back to make up for the distance that he had closed to get to her. A'sharad's features wavered, briefly as he took in the scene.

Whether they would've actually engaged in the second part of the meaning of his version of lesson, was unknown, but it was a pleasant thought nonetheless, one that he could sense without needing the Force that she had contemplated. If not, briefly. "As you wish, Madlyn Sol," he said with the faintest of inclinations of his head to abstain from further argument, not that there had been any to begin with. In public, as bold and daring he may have been, he didn't press people.

Especially when they were both public figures for the First Order, him more so than her.

The molten gold of his orbs disappeared for a moment as he breathed in. Best to wipe away all distractions, hmm?

"I do think that is a good idea," he says as his eyes opened back up the moment he started speaking. "Though... I was being honest when I implored you for help in finding my Office," he said with a sheepish grin.

[member="Madlyn Sol"]

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
When the High General took a step back, it was a relief - yet not in some way. Her feelings on the subject were confusing to be honest. The man didn't seem too hurt or ticked off she'd declined whatever it was the lesson was truly going to be about, though Mads' did wonder what he was thinking when his golden eyes closed for a few moments. Had the color darkened for a second there just before or was that just her imagination again? Inquisitiveness got the best of the counselor at law. Had A'sharad been pushing a vision of a desk top being cleared from his mind... Cause that had momentarily been on hers, not that the Eriaduan had ever done that before like that.

Gods Madlyn needed to take a cold shower, or better yet go for a long run, then take a cold shower. What had gotten into her, hmm? Maybe fatigue was at the cornerstone of her dilemma, too many hours working late into the night. The army man and the diplomatic woman need not go there as it only would led to trouble. And there was that word again! She was so doomed.

"I'm glad you are amenable to that option," Mads smiled, letting the contentment of his choice reach her bright blues orbs.

"Oh of course, sir.... I've got your back," the redhead nodded graciously, then motioned with her free hand in the direction she had just come from though one building over they would go.

"I believe your office should be in the same wing as the Grand Moff's. Hopefully you will have a nice view of the plaza with blooming season on the way. It should be lovely this year after all the reconstruction efforts. Avalon has come a long way... since the attack."

The Sith Lord's amber orbs glowed brightly. He had since pulled his consciousness away from hers in the metaphysical plane of the Force, and he wasn't capable of sensing that likely veiled feeling of lust, or want she was experiencing privately, as he just stood there before her, solely armed with a charming smile as he looked upon her.

Allowed his gaze to drop down to her feet and then back up along her body, up the long skirt she wore and to that shirt she wore and back to her face, all in a moment as she waved to the building that she had just come from.

Huh, he thought to himself.

"Perhaps," he said in response to her speaking of the blooming flowers. "Will you... Lead me?" He said, tilting his head to the side as he offered, this time his main arm, that being his wholly organic left arm with that same constant charming smile.

"You were here, on Dosuun during the attack?" He hadn't expected that. Not many people spoke of the attack, and it seemed like a topic to stay away from... Not that he met with enough people to know that for certain. He tended to be a loner when it wasn't necessary for him to speak and communicate.

[member="Madlyn Sol"]

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
Madlyn nodded her red-gold head affirmatively with a small smile attached in response to A'sharad's invitational request, then slipped her petite hand into the crook of the High Marshal's offered arm; the organic one if she remembered correctly. Well it definitely felt that way to the touch as the muscles of the man's well formed bicep and forearm could be felt through his uniform, which he wore quite well.

It had taken some time before the diplomatic aide could talk or more so even think about what happened those two weeks during the attack by the Ssi-Ruuk. It didn't help that the injury to her left arm had taken so long to heal either plus the rehab afterward to get it functional again.

"Yes," Mads answered solemnly with a thankful pause as they passed another military officer so she could take a calming breath to continue on with her story.

"I had come to Dosuum with the diplomatic entourage from Riflor on behalf of the governor at the time. We had just arrived at the spaceport and disembarked from our transport heading towards a limospeeder waiting for us on the tarmac when the menacing lizard alien's struck without warning. If it wasn't for then Commissioner Barrett, I don't believe I'd be alive today... We subsequently survived on the run in the streets for nearly two weeks until the invaders were pushed back by the military, thank the Force," she explained in a calm yet quiet voice, her bright blues gazing over briefly to Mads' walking partner and catching his glowing ambers to show her appreciation of his perceived efforts and/or those of his comrades.

"I don't remember much of what happened at the end as my arm was shattered in our last escape effort from their clutches, and I was whisked off by medical personnel upon being located by the rebel faction formed fighting against them. I took a leave of absence afterwards and have just recently returned to duty, attending the economic summit on Halm... and coming back to Avalon. It is the same yet different... I am though encouraged by how the people are so resilient. Makes me want to work harder on their behalf to make an even stronger First Order especially now with the Galactic Alliance feeling bolder than ever. They took my homeworld, and I won't stand for them taking anything else from me or my people."

Okay that last part sounded a bit too patriotic, but it was the truth. He would have to know it was genuine in intent. Just as Madlyn was when something became a passion for her.

A'sharad listened, seemingly intently as Madlyn spoke. He personally, had never spoken so much in one bout for as long as he could remember, but from how she sounded and how she spoke, it appeared that she was comfortable enough to do so with him. Then again, it also came with her job, but when they passed the other military officer who had stopped short and immediately saluted the High Marshal, she had stopped talking to which he firmly came to the conclusion that the Siege of Dosuun was... A not to be talked about subject.

"I don't believe I've met Barrett," he says offhandedly as he listens to her tell her story. "Was it just the two of you?" He raised an inquisitive brow. Was there someone else in the picture with her? Perhaps they hadn't picked up yet. [member="Madlyn Sol"] did seem like a woman too good to be true.

"I apologize in the name of the Military," he said. A,though he may be High Marshal now, at the time he was only a General, the lowest of the members of High Command in the Army anyway. The Supreme Commander, Ludolf Vaas had been present at the battle for Endor as well while Dosuun was under siege... It had left many of the upper echelon of the First Order's government unprotected as the Ssi-Ruuks destroyed the planet's defensive positions.

He had read the reports after all.

"You were at Halm as well, aboard the Desert Empress?" He offered an amused smile. "Shame we didn't encounter each other there." Especially since the cruise had been for multiple days. They had likely seen each other in passing, though hadn't engaged with each other.

"I'm glad to see that you are safe," he added as an afterthought to the Siege of Dosuun as she continually led him to where he needed to go.

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
"By the second week, yes... We were the only two left from our group that was still alive as those vile creatures hunted us restlessly through the streets, and we had no weapons per se other than our wits."

Memories of colleagues and friends snatched of life swirled within her conscious. She quickly pushed them away before they made her cry with pent up anger and angst behind those tears.

"Yes, it did, though you came when you could and that in the end is what mattered. The Sis-Ruuk were stopped," she nodded with an understanding tone.

So A'sharad was on the cruise too? Madlyn had not seen him, but it was crowded and the diplomatic aide had much to do in a professional sense.

"Well, the summit was more work than play for me. With my economic and legal background, I was there primarily there to entice entrepreneurs to invest in a mining project on Riflor," the red-haired counselor smiled. "And the reason why I so unceremoniously ran into you back there. I was success in getting a bid. Now I just need to finalize the paperwork," she added with a rather confident grin.

The Imperial Palace was now before them, and the High General had been delivered safely, well at least to the steps. He was on his own inside.

"Well, here you are... I've enjoyed our little chat, short as it was, Marshall Graush," Madlyn said with a small smile, then reached inside the large handbag hanging from her left shoulder to pull out an old fashioned business card holder. A very polished appearing flimsi card with all her contact information was taken out and handed to the man with the softest of winks attached. Its nature wasn't supposed to be flirtatious per se ,but maybe it was. She was having a hard time to be honest keeping herself from crossing the line, which usually wasn't a problem; the staying totally professional part.

"In case you are ever in need of a good lawyer or diplomatic aide to smooth things over. I do though charge extra for battlefield accommodations, legalities and all of being a civilian government worker."

There was a nod of his head to [member="Madlyn Sol"] as he listened to her speak of the time she had spent on Dosuun during the Siege. It had been that intense? He hadn't the faintest idea. He had read the reports, or as much reports as he could of the Ssi-Ruuvi holding the planet hostage for those two weeks. It had been... Surprising as to how fast the First Order's defenses had been overrun. Though he had been assured it was due to the overall quantity of the reptilian hostiles, it as also because of the First Order's ill-equipped military at facing such a threat.

They were inclined to face enemies like themselves, like the Galactic Alliance.

Not an alien reptile species that turned sentients into drones.

Shameful.

With his appointment High Marshal, he sought to change that.

"Indeed," he said in agreement with her statement of the summit being more work than play. "I was there to finalize contracts between companies providing for the Order's Army," he briefly explained. And then, moments later, they arrived to where they - or rather, he, needed to be.

And then she was giving him her card and he accepted it graciously, a slight inclination of his head as he watched her turn away from him, a light breeze kicking up before she hurried off.

Best get to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom