Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AT-STC "Sheep's Skin"

Image Source: N/A)
Intent: To create a textile that will allow items to pass through scanners undetected.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Cerberus Enterprise
Model: AT-STC "Sheep's Skin."
Affiliation: Independent
Modularity: Limited
Production: Limited
Material: Carbonfiber, Various resins, and Transparasteel

Strengths: (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 strength of this submission.)

• Allows objects made out of this textile to hide items such as weapons, inside crates, or to create weapons to pass through scanners.
  • Can be used in multiple forms.
Weaknesses: (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 weaknesses of this submission.)
  • Textile is meant to pass through scanners. Not be a top of the line material for impact weapons. Guns, and even some knives will do fine, but large weapons, or items that have much higher stress such as swords, or even armor, could be considered fragile to other high grade steels.
  • Can pass through scanners that detect metal, traces of gunpowder, ultrasound. However, if the item has a force sensitivity, or has any kind of heat trace, it can still be detected via the force, or through infrared.
Description:
Various times, and on many planets, Smugglers have the problem of having to smuggle in weaponry, or to smuggle in various other items. This textile allows for smugglers to use, and create cargo crates, Manufacturers to create weapons, or even a well paid individual to create their own weapon or two that they can get past most scanners, and other forms of detection at spaceports, when stopped by local police forces, or even under inspection.

While this textile can be used most of the time as storage crates, it can also be used on weapons such as hold out blasters, knives, Knucklers, or used as an inside layering of a small cargo hold to prevent scans from detecting what is inside.

This textile can be used for weapons. However, weapons that are used in higher stressed situations such as a sword, larger guns, or even armors is not recommended. Compared to durasteel, This is fragile. Acting much like a plastic textile used for some slugthrower weapons. *IE: Plastic guns IRL*

Primary Source: N/A

[member="Atheus"] - If it is as durable as durasteel, then it's durability is not really a weakness, so please remove that and replace it with another suitable weakness.

Once you've done that, tag me and we'll see where it stands.

[member="Julius Sedaire"], I believe I didn't convey the textile in the right way. I went ahead and reworded it.

I was trying to go along the lines of the resins, and carbon fiber grips or stocks you see on todays weaponry in real life, and edited it to match that.

If you still feel like I need to add more let me know.

[member="Atheus"] - Changing that alleviates some worries I had. Given though that it is a pretty hefty ability for the material, after review, i'm still going to ask for 15 posts of dev to back it up.

[member="Julius Sedaire"], I have started the thread for it, but the people who have said they would help, have not posted. Go ahead and archive this until I can finish the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom