Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

At least my Lobot has his bass (If you want, ask for invite)

There was once a time where Coren’s mind was completely intact. He remembered hyperspace lanes and how to move along them without the aid of his navicomputer. That was… what, decades ago? Now he was working on rebuilding himself. He was working with [member="Lord Daemos"] for as long as it was useful to him, but beyond that? It was he, himself, making sure he knew what he was doing. Reaching out to the Force, chasing old contacts, and generally walking-about and finding who Coren Starchaser was. It helped he had his ship. Sure, he had the Tiburon, but since he lost his wife, that Rapture… she… he didn’t know. It didn’t matter. He was on his own again.

But aboard the Tachyon Rising, he felt like he was at home. Sure, the ship was empty save for an astromech droid, and some music playing through the Bright Star 24-speaker freighter system, and felt a bit lonely, but Coren was in trailblazing mode. He didn’t need anyone out here with him. And was hoping to not run into another soul for a few days. Or weeks.

He knew there were others in the galaxy who were trailblazing just as much, if not more. He’d seen the reports on Silk and one [member="Jorus Merrill"], and he really did want to come across that man, maybe not in combat, but he hadn’t even seen him on any of his Underground missions.

Though Coren was distracted. Still, his YT-2000 was hurtling through space, while he had downloaded the Silk catalogue. What could he do to this ship? First, though, he was going to try to see what paths he could burn from Annaj across the galaxy.

Leaving from Annaj, Coren felt that it was time to get out on his own. He was going to return to the Fringe, and the supplies he had taken were from the greater Fringe supplies. The Dawn Treader and Jared Starchaser were remaining with the fleet, willing to support the leadership, so long as they kept two things constant; a drive for Imperial-style government, and that the Force was not used to change the way people thought. In the form of power-hungry Sith or power-fearing Jedi taking control of the government and using the religion as a basis for action. Coren did not work to defend the purity of the Force as a tool and personal extension of oneself for his former Wing to change the way they viewed everything.

He would return, because he was the one who helped put Warbird Wing, and that unit on its nearly sacred mission. But first he needed to do something to help him find himself. And that meant the spacelanes. He had a point and purpose. He wanted to see what he could do about connecting the Unknown Regions. A back-door in the galaxy to connect the Fringe Federation, the One Sith and the Primeval, a route from Annaj to Csilla, his home away from home, to Muunilist, with stops on the route. He had the concept in his mind, he had supplies aboard his ship. What he needed was to get moving. To get out there.

He had sent a transmission to Fringe Command, informing them of what he was doing, what his plan was. The only thing that would make this better, was their full support and potentially giving him a team to work with. Other Forcers would be great, any spacers would do fine. To run the ship while he felt his way through the galaxy.

He knew he was getting the backing from the Fringe government, but it was more than that. Coren was going to be getting help from both Eridium Industrial and Iron Crown, the latter who helped him upgrade his Tachyon Rising. And without that, he'd still be going out, because the prestige. Coren Starchaser was Corellian through and through, and that meant living on the fly and doing what needed to be done for himself. As a Starchaser, that meant chasing the stars, family motto or something. At least it wasn't 'everyone wang chung tonight,' worst motto ever.

He was lifting off from Annaj and was working on where his next move should be. Connecting to the Sanctuary Pipeline would be a smart move, and moving away from there, he was hopeful with the worlds he had picked out. What he was waiting for was to see if his announcement for the trip was going to find anyone else who was coming with him. He had a multi-step plan on how to do this, and the first was connecting worlds, finding anything that would cause an issue, and avoiding it, or bringing Fringe military down upon it.

He looked at the main cabin in his ship, he was on his way from Annaj to Bakura, from there, he would leave tracers,

[member="Inger Strömfire"] would get the message to meet at Bakura. Moving from Annaj to just south of Bakura and Panatha would be the first step before leaving Fringe controlled space for the excitment of the Unknown Regions.

Nothing keep her amazed but for being among the stars in a ship. It only seem yesterday that she was calling them flying boxes. This wasn't the case now it met so much more, they just very advance technology. Like some that couldn't get use to how cold space was to her she embraced it like that of winter. Yes she was in love with the cold the winter is where she loved to be. It only would send her a pause through her beating faster.

Now on this planet waiting for some one named [member="Coren Starchaser"] given that this would be something that came from up high knowing that she would have to branch out herself. After all she wasn't that scared at all this was by the Gods. No it was the aid of the force that now she came to know. For now she would keep her own thoughts of the matter. Keeping with in her a calm as to go into the unknown wasn't something she would jump at wouldn't be for seeing and experiencing something need learning was the key to this mission for her. Maybe just maybe there was more to it.

He would soon land his freighter on Bakura. It would be the first step in the journey as one of the more wealthy worlds in the area. He had arranged for a small meal before they took off, and a small table, at a small restaurant on the water front. [member="Inger Strömfire"] would have the address, as would any others from the Fringe, or looking to get involved in this endeavor. ONce he landed, he took his personal speeder, very similar to a fancy German company in another galaxy, white with black stylings, towards the restaurant. This was going to be a long trip coming up. He knew that Fringe was in good hands, so long as his son kept them o the straight and narrow, but for now? It was stage one of the exploration trip.

And he'd discuss that with Inger. Prior proper planning prevents [radio edit] poor performance, after all.

Arriving at the restaurant, he stepped inside, looking too much the spacer this early, but ready for anything. Blaster pistol on his hip, lightsaber on the other.

Having her own business first to take care of before coming planet side. Once there it wasn't hard to negate towards the meeting place. Coming dress in a causal business dress. Having her hair back in a tight bun to show just how much class. Even so the build of this beauty couldn't be missed at all. One of the striking way to tell one that Inger was there. It was her hair color being of fire red.

Choosing the right time to enter the place. Her own eyes looked around with the deep blueness alertness. It wasn't as if she was such a foolish one that she didn't have her own defense but to say she had all her weapons at her said wasn't hardly the case. Finding it not hard to step out of the light to this little place. Finding herself able to look around once more at the face that where very much random around the place. If her Master had taught her one thing that was to reached all before getting into a deal. Or in this case an little adventure.

With out even a bit of shyness okay who was she fooling, their was still that little part of her there when meeting new people. Chalk that up to a pass married that only lasted longer then she cared.

Clearing her own throat, before choosing her words. "Excuse me, sir are you Mr. Starchaser,", this was more then just a long drawn out pause. Giving him the shake down, was this the one where she been so close to working with knowing that this wasn't going to be a skip jump and blame they could go their own way. No this project that was her own choosing to work on came with a price but at the same to with her not even being off her planet or even knowing that there was something out there or even where the flying box when and came from. Now to be able to explorer some more make this something more to her but to show it on her face she wouldn't not one couldn't after all show oneself to edger for anything. Choosing to fold her own hands in such a manner to not show to much.

aishwarya-rai-launches-longines-store-10.jpg

[member="Coren Starchaser"]

There was about to be a lot going on for Coren Starchaser, but he was clearly ready. His family line was made of people who explored. Jedi in the ExplorCorps so many millennia ago, Jedi Knights who fought for the Republic as watchmen and sentinels. Dark Jedi fighting alongside Palpatine, hunting the Jedi, and keeping the Sith in line. To Jedi who fought alongside Emperor Ronin Fel in the Imperial Knights. That was the side that Coren wanted to represent the most, Imperial Knights. Soldiers for the moment, but beyond that, they returned to their other occupations in science. Well, a modified Imperial Knight then. His family line was amongst those from Corellia who charged the unforgiven seas on their world by sail and steam.

The family took to the stars as quickly as they could and never looked back. Always remembered the homeworld and were so… thrown around the galaxy the famous saying Kas Tulisha Abia Al Port* was almost their family motto. Pretty close. Theirs translated to ‘The Stars Calm the Chaos.’ But right now, that wasn’t anywhere near the issue. He found his table and turned soon as he noticed the woman approaching him. Must be Stormfire. When she asked about his name, he nodded.

“Aye. Seems like you’re the first, and maybe only to arrive.” He flashed an easy grin. “No matter.” He indicated a seat. “I figure we can get dinner before we start moving. And get to talking.” He needed to know the people on his ship, after all. Simple conversation, make sure they wouldn't try to space one another, see if she had a ship, if she was going to be homesick, or if she was a natural wanderlust like he was. Important things.

[member="Inger Strömfire"]

*Chaos opens the door to oppurtunity

Giving him a quick nod before she let herself take a sit. Oh yes Dinner sounds like a good start. Getting herself the attention of the waiter as he shuffled over to their table. Turning her head up towards him she give him a smile. "We like to see a menu please, sir." forgetting that she might be over stepping her bounds. "Oh where is my manners, if that is okay with you Mr. Starchaser

Lowering her own eyes down not to look at him until he spoke again. As the waiter slide two out from his apron. Waiting for [member="Coren Starchaser"] to go first even after he told her to go. Making that excuse that she was still deciding. In truth she had already made up her mind.

Oh yes I would like the nerf round top cut steak.....no..wait I would like the flounder cut with the ale to be pair with the meal. Its been so long since I have tasted fish."

Her memory of the fishing those winter days of the frozen lake, to cut the foot deep ice, to get her spear to stab at the fast moving fish. As she let a small but evendice smile go from her lips. Before coming back into the matter before her.

"Oh yes now to let me know what the plan is with the adventures as I'm at a disadvantage for where we are going, or are you like wise."

Was really the best way to get started, working from dinner and some simple conversation. Coren was going to be heading through the Unknown Regions, a place the Dawn Treader knew quite well, but even its maps were out of date. Data purges, software glitches and hardware malfunctions. Normal things that made situations just have to happen. Besides, even if the data was solid, it was still not for a hyperlane. He was getting new equipment from Silk and that would be what he’d used. And where were her manners? “I asked you… no need to apologize.” He gave her a slow look. Hmm, that was going to be a quirk to deal with.

He’d need to make sure he nipped that early, if she was going to be on his ship, or flying wing for him, she needed to know where she could go, and that making the choice and acting on it were important, for both of them to stay alive. The Unknown Regions were not a place to be taken lightly. He had seen it once before, and from reading the logs of the bits he didn’t remember, yeah, that was… an odd place to get into.

When she started ordering, he nodded. Seafood. Good. He called for a rum drink and battered shrimp. Prawns were a bottom feeder, but they were damned good. The drink came quickly and he looked at his dinner partner. “Well. I’ve been thinkin’ ‘bout the state of the galaxy an’ all. Dark powers are moving. Sith, Fringe, Primeval. An’ we’re all backed ‘gainst the Unknown Regions, err the area formerly known as?” He shrugged, there were a lot of settlements there, but still so much that one didn’t think about. “I’ve got some history with the Regions, but… none I remember.” He shrugged. Made it odd, who would they run into? Anyone from his past? Or future?

Her own eyes flickering towards him as once again it was her listening that took the forefront. As they did, couldn't help but knowing that this darkside talk she was just now grasping it. To her sometimes should would think of the different Gods on her own plants with different faces some where good other bad some where neither. Which the work she had done so far all she could think of the way they used the force here, she was being taught was that of a good kind of God.

I'll be the first to admit that I am not to keen of what is be on what is out there be on the fringe space but for my home planet of Midviter. But that enough of that we are here to explore the unknown out there, to make a name to help our own fringe have a leg up upon the galaxy...force her allies also...

Pausing to take a slip of her own strong drink, noting the propriety of the favor of this ale. "Do worry about if Im worth bring a long, or if I can see that your sweet behind is covered, Before I knew of the force I learn to fight, since fighting and killing was an every day part of growing up and showing of one to another that they would be in control, not to cross or raid our land.

The ship was ready. That bit he knew. Tachyon Rising was turned into a pretty quick whip with his brother at the helm of the repairs. Well, maybe advising. He really didn’t know what Iron Crown and Eridium did in the drydock, whether they let others take point or kept it with their own engineers. Not quite dark side talk, but really, the strength of the galaxy, Fringe, Sith, Primeval. They’d destroy the Republic. Or the Omegas… Really, the powers at the helm didn’t matter to Coren, so long as he could learn who was really turning the wheels. Illuminati. Crab People. Maybe he’d attract attention.

Should Coren discover that the woman flying with him had some form of religion, it wasn’t to say she was wrong, but the Starchaser found blind religion dangerous. Made to complicate things. Hopefully hers wouldn’t. But her head was in the right place and Coren nodded.

But this one was a warrior. And maybe hitting on him, he wasn’t sure. When the meal arrived, he took a second to consider her words. “Well, I’m sure we’ll find use for you. The plan is pretty simple. Phase one we’ll visit the worlds along the proposed route…” Directly into the middle of the UR. “And see which ones are safe, both on land, for trading and tourism, and in space, for passing by. Mark them safe or dangerous, and move on. Then we’ll bring in heavier equipment, to make the trail.” Simple, right? Two, maybe three steps. Lots of work ahead.

He was excited.

Ringing through her own ears, it was simple. Since being off her childhood planet one knew from much or for the little wisdom she had gain that it wasn't anything but simple out in this galaxy. It had many complexity to each variable that could lend to some good and some not so good. All the others was something that one must be ready for. Looking at her own dress of right one would see her as a warrior or even know that would know how to hold her own in a fight.

Knowing this she know that this would be as simple as he would like for this to be. ​"Well, then it should be a easy trip, taking in the scenery finding some new allies maybe for the Fringe of course. , giving him a little smile. After which time she let herself cut into her fish but gathering up some of the greens also. Not able to note as anyone her age would be a fool as not to see that he was not bad to look at. It was what felt coming from him that might say that something else is to this one.

It I may could I ask why you would want to take a mission like this Coren.

For him, being off Corellia was being unshackled. Coren craved his freedom, and being tied down was not a thing for him. Probably why after his stint as a smuggler and him joining Imperial ranks, during the time he still couldn’t quite remember, he made the correct aptitude for the 174th Warbirds. Strike squadron that would be sent everywhere and anywhere to hit the enemy hard. But back then they had six squadrons. The three that survived when they went paramilitary and rogue, NOT deserting, were still strike squadrons, heavy blasters, missiles and fast.

As for her speaking on the trip, he nodded. That bit might happen, but he knew just as well as anyone else, he was no diplomat. Hell, he had his blaster pistol, not standard issue, one of the BlasTech standard side arms that had a lot of use by people on space lanes, a sniper rifle, and a lightsaber. He was an agent at heart. “We’ll see what we can find, at least useful worlds, and we’ll mark ‘em for the Fringe Brass to come through and take ‘em.” Or, y’know, convince them the Fringe was a smart move. “Most of its going to be between worlds, I’m reckonin’, however.”

Why was he taking this mission? Well, he wasn’t rightly sure. Felt right, felt like there were answers beyond the horizon. He’d find something. Hopefully.

“Honestly? The adventure in itself is enough. I need to separate myself from where I was and this seems like the best possible way.” Really, it was to get his mind opening and working again. He got stagnant sitting around. And he knew he’d push his ship farther than most would be able to go.

Listening to watching what he did next before herself speaking. "Oh yes there is always the wanting to know that is out there. If I many be blunt I can't wait to get this on the road to see what is out there.", herself trying to hold back of just how she was feeling inside. It just wasn't right to have one emotions run away from her. No she needed to prove to the upper brass that she was worth her wait in the fringe.Being a kind of wonder herself this was only a good fit to see what would be out there for them to expounder.

"Oh yes to have your own identity, i understand that way to much, I myself am trying to figure that out myself as being told and have your whole life plan out for you. To only to be taken away and be enlighten their was more to Gods and Goddess that been taught and that their was such a big place out their.

That was good. He liked hearing someone was excited to get out there and see what was in the galaxy. The Unknown Regions were dark and there were things that they were going to have to quantify and qualify, and report to the Fringe Federation. He didn’t need to get a position of power when this was all done, but being named one of the fore most authorities on the Unknown Regions? That would be a worthy deal.

He nodded when she went on about personal identity. He could understand it, trying to find where one belonged. That was what he was up against after all. “Makes sense. Well, what we’re doing here will help find you where you think you can belong. Can’t guarantee you’ll find solace on the hyperlanes, but you may. Ever done any planetary surveying?”

Setting down her own fork and knife. After which time she took a drink all the while trying to chose her words with care. So that this one didn't see her as anything as unilateral. As wasn't with out still watching him even licking her lips before taking a napkin that folding it from her lap to dab at her very full lips of hers.

I guess you may have me at a disadvantage please do tell, and enlighten me a little bit.

Even looking into this even deeper if this really peeked her interest enough.

Coren looked at her and tipped his head. She had a proper stance to her, didn’t she? Probably would be good to help him getting into a certain meetings on certain worlds. Y’know, maybe without selling her. Unless there was a monster mummy who could escape and take over the galaxy. But that was why the Fringe Federation were here and on speed dial. He’d call the Treader and get Warbird Wing on the case first, then the rest of the Federation. He so missed flying with a strike fighter wing.

“Enlighten you? Space is dark, there is a lot of time with nothing going on, filled with times where we’ll be running from Force knows what. Plus we’ll need to be representing Fringe and any sponsorship we pick up…” On top of that, studying the worlds.

This bring a smile to her very pale lips, against the even paler skin of hers. Finding herself slipping on the drink of hers. "This one is please that it will not be all boring, as I been train well with my Master how to sit down and speak and negotiate to the liking. Far before my Master got a hold of me I was a warrior for my people, a shield maiden that could hold arms against any of my brothers. that was until...

Looking away for a moment as it stry those darker memories before she could hold ones hold against not have to be in complete subservient. Bring up something more then anything to be able to understand where one like her was coming from. After which time she couldn't help but come back ..

so..where were we..oh yes coldness that part I embrace behind winter born one of the coldest day of the cycle.

Getting this trip off the ground wasn’t going to be hard, but he felt it was time to offer the mission up to others. He had goals here, chase down his history, build a hyperlane and eventually be named king of the hyperlanes. That was simple, wasn’t it? At least she seemed like she might be able to discuss what he needed. Most people, speaking for the known Galaxy, were competent enough to understand exploration. The Unknown Regions, the darkness that was there, that made it a whole different ball game.

She was a shield maiden until what? He wasn’t going to question as she broke off, but then she started up, about coldness. Well, she wasn’t wrong, the trip was going to be dark, and cold. That was for certain. “Its definitely going to be a different bit, any world with a sun won’t have times this cold. But… I feel we’ve done enough talking. Seems we won’t try to murder one another aboard my ship. How much cargo are you bringing?”

He was itching for a take-off.

Listening once again after which time she let herself speak on how much she was to bring this bring a thought to her mind. :Well, well, what would a lady like me be with out her many many bags. " , looking down at her food to put the last morals into her mouth following it down by some of what was left of her drink. Pausing looking up at him, "You know about 30 bags or so, that just packing lightly.", couldn't help but start a smile then a chuckle seeing his reaction towards this. "I think half the cargo will do, don't you think.", waving her hand in his direction with her lips turning into a grin. After which time she let their be nothing said.

"Easy easy there Co[member="Coren Starchaser"] three bag will that be okay with you, of course if you would like me to package more and get up to 30 bags."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom