Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Astraea Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
717ca13de3acf35f2f3ccbc6ba410b6a.jpg

Image Source: Dis guy
Intent: Personal Armor for James Justice
Development Thread: Phrik thread here
Mining Facility:
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/52002-demons-reach-mining-facility/
Manufacturer: James Justice & a number of non-descript no-name NPC’s
Model: N/A
Affiliation: James Justice
Modularity: Moderate; parts may be replaced from wear and tear, electronic bits may be upgraded.
Production: Unique

Material: Phrik, electronic parts
Classification: Multi-purpose
Weight: 20 kg
Quality: 8
Special Features:

- Blast vest underliner; Mk 3 ballistic shielding re-enforced
- HUD
- Environmentally sealed
- Air reserves (Lasts 20 minutes, a larger tank may be attached on the back at the cost of mobility)
- Audio/Visual Recorder
- Electrobinoulars (x10)
- HoloNet Access, Commlink
- Life Form Scanners
- Attachments on for holsters; one on each thigh, one on the back.
- Infrared and ultraviolet scanners
- Oxygen Filtration System
- Grav Boots
- Faraday cage design helps against energy and EMPs
- Jet pack
- Retractable knuckle blade
Description:
James knew that it was finally time for him to invest in a good set of armor. Something he had been putting together and thinking over for several months.The spacer spent a great deal of that time consulting experts; and by experts he meant soldiers who he encountered over drinks at clubs. In a moment of poetic brilliance the spacer named the project and the armor that would come from it Astraea, after the maiden of the stars and goddess of justice. As he talked to them, James took notes of what they said were important in armor, what was often needed, and what was less than worthless.At last, after many nights in the clubs gathering this information, he took pen to datapad and began thinking up his own armor.Between drinks and sessions, each stopped by work on his business holdings and the like. At last he brought his armor before some of the other soldierly type he employed such as the Cardinal Second Rangers, Kiber Thaxton, Gray Raxis and the like. With their professional input and a few tweaks he was almost ready.

James, of course, knew that armor was more than just a thing of status or to look good.And for it to be truly powerful or good, it would need more than just goodies and a few aesthetic designs. As a being is only what they eat, so armor is only as good as the material that makes it.James committed a dig expedition with Miss Blonde which ended with him gaining phrik.Satisfied, he paid some of his better personel to put the components together.His designs came to them and gave a few specific instructions as well: make sure that it remained light weight and capitalize on mobility.

After several weeks of painstakingly long construction, every detail attended to, the armor was complete.Like a kid in the playground, James took to giving it a test run. First he ran across the waste lands of Soceras, giving it a chance to test against both the harsh environments as well as the chance to see how well it would hold up against the local wild life.Afterwards, James took it into the reaches of space, testing it in a few mock pirate runs.Going a bit less than wise, the spacer even hurled himself into the vacuum of spacer, into the line of fire, and more than once into harm’s way.But, that was James Justice for you, and he was never known to be the wise type.

Satisfied, at last, James gave each of those involved thanks in the best way he knew how; by giving each a ridiculous amount of money and equally ridiculous amounts of alcohol.
Primary Source:
SocMin Fed

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="James Justice"]

Dragon Skin is a real world material and isn't something easily known or recognizable by Canon minded folk. Can you possibly find a SW related material to replace it?

[member="James Justice"]

Please clarify how this development thread was done? I don't see a planet listed. Include any Chaos submissions in the Primary Source section, if you would be so kind.

Additional:

• You have production listed twice. Keep it as Unique.
  • Question: You list Power Armor Liner. Are you specifically talking about the inside lining of a Power Armor? If so, weight will need to be adjusted as you're layering materials to include Phrik. 15 kg would be light in my opinion. This appears to be a heavy set, non-acrobatic type of armor and I would put it up in the 20s as a moderate weight.

[member="Pixel"]

Production is listed as unique.

Planet, I am asking the host of the thread.

Power armor liner was a left-over from the first draft of the armor, my mistake, I removed it. I replaced that with what became Dragon skin and now the Blastvest with ballistic re-enforcement.

There are no primary sources, all of the attachments and features are cannon, drawn from Wookieepedia. Links are provided.

[member="James Justice"]

If the host of the thread has a Chaos Submission (Facility, Company) that might be providing the help with the acquisition of Phrik, I meant for you to put it there.

I appreciate you fixing the Production and other issues. Tag me when you find out from the other writer.

[member="James Justice"]

Sorry, I apologize if I didn't ask the right question.

Does he have a Codex Submission for a facility on Demonsgate? If so, can you link it for me under the development for clarification purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom