Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Astra-Class Gunship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
G8iHuif.jpg
(Gundam Seed :: METEOR)​

Intent: Aerial Gunship for the Mnenchei Dominion.
Development Thread: None
Manufacturer: Ri'ess Regal Drives
Model: Astra-Class Gunship
Affiliation: The Republic
Modularity: None
Production: MP
Material: Durasteel Alloy Frame, Titanium Alloy Chassis
Description: With only modest armor, the Astra makes up for its medium grade durability with its fast speed, high stability and convenient armament. Primarily a missile gunship, the Astra has six silos which hold six small submunition warheads each. Capable of firing in succession, the platform can continuously rain shrapnel on enemy infantry lines or soft and medium targets. Its two frontal laser cannons can hit armor hard while four composite laser autoturrets can be remote-operated by internal gunners to target individual infantry targets that may pose a threat. This variety allows it to be highly effective against large infantry confrontations and difficult terrain such as trenches. However, it leaves it lacking against hard targets such as tanks and heavy walkers. Due to a lack of room for hyperdrive core or large oxygen tanks, it is primarily confined to atmospheric operations, though it can sustain itself in the outer atmosphere for a short time to dock or deploy from capital carriers.
Role: Assault Gunship, Ground Support, Anti-Vehicle
Height: 7.2 meters
Length: 48.22 meters
Width: 30 meters
Weight: 126 metric tons (full)
Minimum Crew: 2 (1 pilot, 1 missilier)
Optimal Crew: 2
Propulsion: (Repulsorlift, Wheels, Tracks, Bipedal, Quadrupedal)
Top Speed: 295 KPH
Armaments: 2* Forward-Facing Laser Cannons, 6* Cluster-Warhead Launchers (6 ea.), 4* Autoturret-Mounted Composite-Beam Laser Guns, 4* Proton Torpedoes
Passenger Capacity: n|a
Cargo Capacity: 40 gallons; up to 120 kg
Misc. Equipment: 2* AAT Repulsorlift Engines, 2* Twin Ion Engines

Theophenes

Stark raving silly
Ships belong in ships, not tech. I'm going to remove this, please re-post the submission in the correct location.

@[member="Alachei Mnemenos"]

Nyxie

【夢狐】
It's not a ship, it's a... what would you call the space age equivalent of a helicopter anyways....
Then again, SWRP logic and that of SW in general no longer surprises me. Okay.

Theophenes

Stark raving silly
Actually, we decided to un-archive this one and archive the other one. After some discussion with the other factory judges, it was decided that purely atmospheric vessels such as this should fall under tech vehicles, not ships. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Now, on to the technical bits. Your current loadout is four guns above standard capacity for a gunship, because composite beams count as heavy guns. Also, for clarification, I'd like to know, does the top speed of the vehicle count toward forward motion, upward ascent, or both?

Nyxie

【夢狐】
@[member="Theophenes"]
It's fine, none at all.
As for the vectoring, I honestly don't really know in cold, solid numbers. It's not a real, tangible thing. I would imagine that it would be the same as any other high tech gunship with repulsorlifts and rear engines. Due to the varied nature of their flight, that's hard to say with one simple answer. I would assume that level hovering climb would be significantly slower than straight flight, and that simply throwing the sticks back and pulling up would be a little over half its forward speed. Just tell me how you want that written out in the sub and it shall be done.

Edit: Wait, do you mean Heavy Gun as in the column? There is none for Gunships, but the canon gunships all have them. :c

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
  • Your top speed is not consistent with standard repulsorlift vehicles, especially with ion engines attached. Please increase it.
  • Please fill in the Propulsion line to match the rest of the submission.
  • A fifty-metre vehicle with this many weapons requires a significantly larger crew. My best suggestion would be to compare the Omega Pyre Inimica gunship, the Republic Malos gunship, or the Imperial Pandorum gunship.
  • Gallons are not a metric unit. Between your specification of gallons for cargo, and your stated aim of using this against massed infantry and large amounts of soft targets, I need to ask you to include more specifics about your cargo capacity. Is this vehicle meant for dropping biological or chemical weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom