Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Astra-Class Gunship (resub)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
G8iHuif.jpg

(Gundam Seed :: METEOR)

Intent: Aerial Gunship for pew pew, bang.
Development Thread: None
Manufacturer: Ri'ess Regal Drives
Model: Astra-Class Gunship
Affiliation: Ex-Mnenchei Dominion, Galactic Republic, Vong Horde, Magnolia Sciony
Modularity: None
Production: MP
Material: Durasteel Alloy Frame, Titanium Alloy Chassis
Description: With only modest armor, the Astra makes up for its medium grade durability with its fast speed, high stability and convenient armament. Primarily a missile gunship, the Astra has six silos which hold six small submunition warheads each. Capable of firing in succession, the platform can continuously rain shrapnel on enemy infantry lines or soft and medium targets. Its two frontal laser cannons can hit armor hard while four composite laser autoturrets can be remote-operated by internal gunners to target individual infantry targets that may pose a threat. This variety allows it to be highly effective against large infantry confrontations and difficult terrain such as trenches. However, it leaves it lacking against hard targets such as tanks and heavy walkers. Due to a lack of room for hyperdrive core or large oxygen tanks, it is primarily confined to atmospheric operations, though it can sustain itself in the outer atmosphere for a short time to dock or deploy from capital carriers.
Role: Assault Gunship, Ground Support, Anti-Vehicle
Height: 7.2 meters
Length: 48.22 meters
Width: 29 meters
Weight: 126 metric tons (full)
Minimum Crew: 2 (1 pilot, 1 operator)
Optimal Crew: 6 (1 pilot, 1 operator, 4 gunners)
Propulsion: Repulsorlift a/o Thrusters; 2* AAT Repulsorlift Engines, 2* Twin Ion Engines
Top Speed: Apx. 1,325 Km/H
Armaments: 2* Forward-Facing Laser Cannons, 6* Submunissive Warhead Launchers (6 ea.), 4* Autoturret-Mounted Composite-Beam Laser Guns, 4* Proton Torpedoes
Passenger Capacity: n|a
Cargo Capacity: 0.15 cbm.; up to 120 kg. (Miscellaneous Cargo)
Misc. Equipment: Standard Gunship Systems (minus exoatmospheric gear except where otherwise stated)

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Alachei Mnemenos"]

Please expand upon, and reconcile, these:
Propulsion: Repulsorlift a/o Thrusters
Misc. Equipment: 2* AAT Repulsorlift Engines, 2* Twin Ion Engines

In terms of speed, I'm not sure what system you're using (we don't apply tiers to non-starships around here). The template requests kilometres per hour.

Medium armor isn't a limitation that warrants major improvements elsewhere, though these are things to consider after you determine speed.

You made the other edits I asked for, but I do need to know why you're still measuring cargo space in liquid volume rather than metric tons or cubic metres, the two most common units of measurement on Star Wars ships, if not the only units I've ever noticed in use. A more militarily experienced soul than myself took one look at your submission and asked whether the writer had any characters who were alchemists or bioscientists, because that's looking to be a biochemical weapons crop duster. Is this what you meant it for? If not, please explain.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
@[member="Boolon Murr"]

When you first graded it, you said "make it faster," and "look at all these other ships," so I did. Literally all those gunships you pointed me to were in Tier, not Kilos. So I don't really have a good idea of how fast you want it to be.

Why liters? Because I'm bloody American and I greatly enjoy my Imperial system. Forgive me if I'm not savvy on Metric by heart. I googled (unit of volume in metric) and litre is what I got. Do I convert it to cubic meters?

I do, why? I am entirely unsure what your last question meant, or how it ties in to... anything. Can you please elaborate *scratches head*

Edit: OOOOOH. I get it. Litres. Liquid. Crop duster. Haha.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Alachei Mnemenos"] - Those are Class 3 starships, not repulsorlift vehicles, and that system is mostly about maneuverability and speed in a vacuum. I'd suggest taking a long look through Wookieepedia to find some good precedents for a 50-metre combat airspeeder's top speed.

Cubic metres, kilograms, or tons, yeah.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
@[member="Boolon Murr"] Just let me know now, should this thing be "breaking the speed barrier" fast or just a little bit faster? The wiki is really... mixed in examples.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Alachei Mnemenos"]

Please expand upon, and reconcile, these:
Propulsion: Repulsorlift a/o Thrusters
Misc. Equipment: 2* AAT Repulsorlift Engines, 2* Twin Ion Engines

Your equipment list would be for things like communications or special gear. If you have ion engines, list that in your Propulsion.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Alachei Mnemenos"] - It does one thing and does it well. Most submissions try to be everything at once. So good job. I think we've knocked enough corners off this that I can stamp it. Approved pending secondary. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom