Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Asterok-class Station

Status
Not open for further replies.
david_aguero-aurora_space_station.jpg

Image Source: Here
Affiliation: Open Market
Manufacturer: Zugurk Tyúk Industries
Model: Asterok-class
Modularity: sensors can upgraded, facilities can be inserted into them, other asteroids can be tethered to the station with their own separate functions and facilities..
Production: Limited
Material: Alusteel hull, Space station components.
Classification: Research station/Mining station

Length: Spire: 400 meters Dome: 999 meters
Width: Spire: 400 Meters Dome: 999 meters
Height: Spire: 999 Meters Dome 100 meters

Armament:
Point defenses: 22
Dual Ion canon batteries: 8
Dual Turbo laser cannon batteries 8

Hangar:
2 Squadrons of Âhcena Interceptor

Special Features:
Escape pods.
Shield generator.
Advanced sensors
Maneuvering thrusters
Advanced Research and development facilities
Ore processing and manufacturing facilities

Maneuverability: 20
Speed Rating: 20
Hyperdrive Class: None

Strengths:
Tough as nails.
Quite Modular.
Great sensors.
Shields designed against asteroid collisions.

Weaknesses:
Immovable, only capable of stabilizing itself.
Low offensive capabilities, half of which are ion cannons.
Spire's top makes a big target.

Description: Built into an asteroid it will allow for increased space, and building chances to be had when being constructed. The guidelines are simply the base structure of the station which can be built into whatever type of asteroid as long as has at least around a 80 meter circumference around the spire were it's been constructed into, this is a measure that is only done to aid in the artificial gravity that will be put into the station once finished.
It is built in specific ways so that the bottom of the spire and the asteroid is hollowed out to provide the space needed for a mining station as well as ore processing and manufacturing facilities that help maintain the station at a fraction of the cost normal stations require while the upper parts and the dome at the top serve as a research station which can study any unique ore or mineral found by the mining half as well as conduct their own separate research. All of the of stations however look almost identical and sometimes they can seem as nothing more than a ring shaped structure inside an asteroid if it exceeds the size of the spire, in which case the dome at the top is always placed so that it faces outwards and a tunnel is made on the other side to accommodate the lower mining half of the spire..

Cargo Capacity: 2800 tons
Passengers: 200
Consumables: 2 years
Crew:
1900 total, Miners 600, Scientists 400, Maintenance 300, Guard staff 200, Engineers 200, Miscellaneous 200.

Development Thread: Will add if needed
Intent: To create a Mining/research station that is built into asteroids.

Primary Source:

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Darth Erebos"], you beat me to making an example of a semi-standard asteroid station, so congrats. I think that's a solid concept.

If I'm understanding this correctly, the station isn't modular once it's built, correct?

Because if it isn't modular, I think these stations might be better submitted as separate submissions, rather than all encompassing one, especially if this is going to be referred to in codex submissions.

Communications array (To spy on other communications in the entire sector and beyond, along with slicing capabilities into the systems of others)
For clarification, is this feature "fluff" purely for intelligence gathering, or can this system also hack into other ships during a battle?

Gir Quee said:
For clarification, is this feature "fluff" purely for intelligence gathering, or can this system also hack into other ships during a battle?

It is capable of such a feat but it would take it a little longer than normal and now that you mention it I think I'll keep them as a modular station capable of being changed for that expressed purpose. Though I will state that it isn't advised.

[member="Darth Erebos"], upon talking to the other judges, I think this submission is best divided up into separate submissions for a trade station, a mining station, a research station, and listening outpost for two reasons:

1) Modularity is usually something small in nature compared to the intent of the submission, or it's a dedicated module that's significantly smaller than the submission itself. These stations do not sound to me to have much in common in terms of composition.

2) If someone is going to buy this or submit it to the Codex, it's likely going to have to have its own submission for the factory and the Codex because there is so much variability in what this station's capabilities can be.

For the listening post especially, the hacking feature seems very broad and potentially open to abuse. While I'm not inclined to immediately strike it down, I'd suggest specializing it with software dedicated for intelligence gathering, like using a D/Square Decoder and tech of that nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom