Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Assorted Diary Entries of Sylvia Virtos, Present Day

-

Hey there, new diary. It has been a hot minute since the final entry in my old one, but I think it's time to pick up the habit again. A lot of chite has happened since that time, but I'll try to recall as much of it as I can as I keep adding entries. Maybe documenting everything helps with making sense of it all.

Let's start with the present day, though. I'd tell you I had no idea where to start, but considering the note my old diary ended on, well...

Me and Ellie are a thing now. Like, I found her, ridiculous things happened, and I even saved her after she died, through some kind of insane miracle. Now I'm her girlfriend. Girlfriend. Ellie's. You know, the most amazing girl this galaxy has ever known. She actually did like me that way all along, you idiot.

Girlfriend.

As embarrassing as it, typing that word makes me feel giddy.

I love her.

I just realized I never finished my 'where am I now' update last time. So now, a day later, I'm finally doing it.

Basically, life's pretty simple nowdays. Finally. Ellie and I fly around the galaxy. Sometimes doing some good, sometimes fighting the good fight, and sometimes we simply do nothing at all. No pressure, no looming shadow of the Sith. 'One day at a time' is a lot better with someone to share those days with. It took me a while, but I turned out okay in the end. Nothing's perfect, I still have some things to work on, but I can finally start processing everything now.

And that's why I started a new diary, I guess. To help give everything a place.

Okay, story time. The first one. Let's start right after getting my hands on a ship that was honestly not even an inch past the line of being space-worthy and escaping Sith space with it.

So yeah, I got out. My dumb self finally realized I could actually leave the Sith. In hindsight it becomes obvious why I should have gotten out at the first available opportunity, but I suppose that's what a cult does to you. Because let's be frank, that's what the Sith are. Every single group.

I obviously cut off ties with everyone there, considering I was committing treason, so that meant starting from square one in basically every way. No home beyond the scrapheap called my ship, in a galaxy full of nothing but strangers. It took me a while to adjust, but after some really awkward months I slowly settled into the groove, so to say. I got by through random jobs here and there, some less legal than others. I ended up meeting some interesting people, but those are stories for another day.

I learned a lot during that time. It wasn't easy, but the lessons I learned were very important. I'd like to think I'm a better person for it. Even if I broke the law a few times. I swear nobody got hurt.

Last edited:
-

Not an actual entry, but I've been practicing a song on guitar for Ellie. I'll let you know how it went when I play it for her.

She'll never see it coming. Unless she already knows. In which case, oh well.

Story time, the second. The most satisfying pay day to date. I doubt it'll ever be topped, either.

Imagine an underground ad recruiting for a job stealing Sith-imperial ships, from a Starchaser. Well, turns out I came across exactly that. I should've been terrified by the prospect, but I was a lot less bothered by the possibility of an early visit by the reaper back then. Besides, I wasn't going to pass up on a golden opportunity to mess with the nation that had hurt me as much as it had. Even if it meant nothing in the long run, knowing there would be angry Sith at the other end of the op was more than enough for me.

The fact those ships would be put to much better use didn't hurt, either.

And that's how I joined a rag-tag group of mercs, brought together by the son of Coren karking Starchaser, to steal ships from the Sith Empire. We pulled it off too, somehow. We hit 'em hard and fast, knocked out a bunch of stormtroopers (thankfully I didn't end up killing any of them), and flew a bunch of their ships out of the hangar before they could stop us.

I will never forget the rush of adrenaline I felt when I shot away in that ship. There really isn't anything like it.

I have these days where I get overwhelmed by my own thoughts. Everything that happened with Carnifex, not to mention Ellie's death and everything I experienced until she returned to life, still affects me. It'll take time to heal those wounds, but I don't know how I would handle it all without Ellie. She somehow just knows when I'm not doing well and will drop everything to just... be there for me. Sometimes, her just being close is enough to get through those days.

I'm glad nobody will ever get to see these entries, so I can gush over how amazing she is as awkwardly as I need to in order to get it out of my system. I will never get over just how amazing, cute, stunning, kind, and everything else she is.

-

Story Time: Episode 3. The heart attack one.

I ended up using the absolute scrapheap of a ship I escaped the Sith Empire with for quite some time. I didn't really have much of a choice, considering I could only take whatever I could carry with me, which wasn't much to begin with. Simply put: I was poor. Well, I wasn't starving every night, but I definitely couldn't afford a new ship. They don't tend to come cheap.

Before leaving ol' yeller at its final resting place, I made quite a few hyperspace jumps with it. Most of the time it only shook a little bit, which would be a major cause for concern with literally any other ship, but considering it basically was a ship/deathtrap hybrid that was about as good as it got. There was this one time, though, where every last system gave up on me not long after making the jump. Which was, to put it mildly, fething terrifying.

I learned a lot about fixing ships that day. It's a miracle I made it out alive.

For the longest time, I had expected the day the Sith Empire collapsed to be one where I threw a party and celebrated the end of a nation that fethed up my life. Instead, when that day did come, it was little more than an afterthought. Not because I stopped caring, it just so happened that I was preparing to do the most impossible thing I've ever done and ever will do. The thing that somehow worked. Saving Ellie.

Now that I think of it, I never ended up properly celebrating their demise. Guess that means there's some catching up to do.

I literally haven't even tried to stick to it yet, so I suppose the rigid 'story entries only' rule I set for myself is out of the window. Diaries probably work a lot better when you just braindump anyway. I'll do story time whenever I feel like it, and fill the rest of the datapad with random thoughts. A complete mess, exactly how I like it.

I also stained one of my newer shirts today. I'm mildly annoyed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom