Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Asho 'Ash' Wehr

Status
Not open for further replies.
l61ScDw.png
"I made a promise to Eryn, to find our daughter no matter how long or much it costs me and that's exactly what I intend to do, understand? And if we can open the eyes of our countrymen in the process to the evil actions demanded of them in the name of civility and order; actions which offend basic Human no SENTIENT dignity, all the better."

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Creating an Antagonist for ALPHA Team and trying to provide more depth into Kyli's backstory by exploring the loyalties and personality traits of her Father; Kyli is an unknowing reflection of her Father in quite a number of ways despite possessing no memory of him though the two have divergent goals and loyalties. Both characters are going to go on a journey which will eventually end with them being reunited in some way possible before or after they understand one another's significance.
  • ​Image Credit: Source
  • Role: Antagonist, Wayward Traitor Father.
  • Links: Kyli DT-6767
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Force Sensitivity: Non-Force User
  • Species: Human
  • Appearance: Asho is a middle-aged Human Male of considerable stature with a body that carries signs of once being carefully sculped though what was once an Iron Shod physique has been whittled away by the sands of time and a responsibility of command that sees him far from regular exercise. His eyes burn as two bright intense emerald in a pair of almond-shaped sockets straddled by a pair of thick arched and groomed albeit greyed eyebrows, his hair is kept neat and tidy cropped close to his scalp and tapered towards his scalp with it never straying beneath his ears or atop the back of Collar; A Remnant from his time with the One Sith's Army and then the First Imperial Army. Despite what would usually be considered advanced age, Asho has retained the appearance and abilities of a man who would normally sit below him over a decade in years due to the application of sophisticated Telomere Genotherapy treatments he has received across his life.
SOCIAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Asho 'Ash' Wehr
  • Rank: Praetor (Forsaken Sons), Colonel (Formerly; First Imperial Army), Captain (Formerly; One Sith Army).
  • Loyalties: Jedi Reformation (Secretly), Forsaken Sons.
  • Wealth: Exorbitant (Owns large amount of Capital and Stocks in Intergalactic Companies with private properties owned throughout the Galaxy)
  • Notable Possessions: Imperial-II Class Frigate (Erynsong), Mk. III Katarn-Class Commando Armour, DC-17m Interchangeable Weapon System.
  • Skills: Asho's age belies his considerable skill once he'd been a Captain within a Commando Regimental loyal to the One Sith Empire before its' collapse following which he fled to the Unknown Regions and helped found what would become the First Order obtaining undergraduate qualification in psychology with a keen interest in behavioural science helping to orchestrate and overseeing the training program that would mould the First Order's initial child Stormtroopers Volunteers. He's a trained leader and can inspire his subordinates to feats of Zeal with a magnanimous demeanour.
  • Personality: Asho is gruff and stern although not without a certain gentleness that is infrequently witnessed when dealing with his soldiers whom he usually holds great compassion and admiration for with a tenacious determination that has seen him and the Forsaken Sons to success. What drives Asho to be so hard-working is the hope that one-day he might reunite the tattered remains of his family and retire to a life of relative obscurity giving them something he has not known since he himself was a young man; peace and serenity. Asho grieves deeply for his deceased wife and has refused to love another since her passing twenty-years ago, he writes a letter to her once every week along with another to his daughter whom he additionally writes a nameday card for every year. Despite his honourable and soldierly background time spent in the Outer Rim and less reputable parts of the Galaxy have instilled a ruthlessness he never possessed in his youth despite special forces service to the One Sith and then First Order. Asho has a disdain for militant authoritarianism and hopes that perhaps the Jedi Reformation or somebody within the First Order might be able to reform it though he holds little hope to the idea and truly despairs in quiet moment that he may never see his own daughter again. Asho has an unreasoning loathing for dark-side practitioners and trusts them as far as he can throw them; In hindsight Asho blames the Dark Side for what he considers wasted youth fighting for the One Sith's vision of hegemony over the galaxy and Sieger Ren's First order theft of his daughter. Despite his alignment with criminals and aliens Asho rejects the idea of working with governments or organisations such as the Silver Jedi or Galactic Alliance due to genocidal acts committed in the past or historic association and employment of truly evil Dark-Jedi.
COMBAT INFORMATION
  • Weapon of Choice: DC-17m Interchangeable Weapon System, DC-17 Hand Blaster.
  • Combat Function: Asho will generally be found to be lightly armed and armoured typically armed with a blaster pistol or short blaster rifle that he can easily holster and conceal commanding an elite unit of Forsaken Sons Troopers though rarely he does embrace his old training and dons Mk. III Katarn-Class Commando Armour where his experience makes him a force to be reckoned with for younger and less experienced combatants. Asho's training as a psychologist allows him unique insights into his enemies' minds with an ostensibly clairvoyant ability to predict their own moves, he's an excellent tactician.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Asho Wehr was born within the Core and speaks with a highly accented voice which usually betrays his origin in the economic and political heart of the galaxy though he often insists the "Urban Hellscape" Of Coruscant certainly isn't his home. Asho spent a majority of his prime on his homeworld of Kuat without exception born into the presitigious 'Wehr Family' as the son of a prominent engineer and banking executive, despite what is generally considered a prestigious and advantageous beginning to life Asho found happiness in humble civil service to Kuati's planetary Police with a strong belief in aristocratic authority and rigid social structure fuelled by an outward Xenophobia and racism against non-humans which would contrast greatly with his views decades later. Asho would climb the ranks through Kuati Police to the position of Sergeant where he then found himself placed on a Tactical Operations Unit, though his mind steadily began to drift from the insular and xenophobic society of Kuat and out into the Stars through his late twenties believing that what made Kuat prosperous; their government and orderly society could be a model for foreign worlds caught in cycles of unstable governments. Asho has long had an interest interest in governments such as the Atrisian Empire and Sheev Palpatine's Galactic Empire and would later go on to model the hierarchical titles of the Forsaken Sons after the former.

When the One Sith Empire emerged as a major galactic power Asho lept at the chance to contribute to the formation of an orderly and civilised galaxy and was employed as a skilled Commando who often worked alongside Sith Knights, after witnessing the Sith's disdain or disregard for the sacrifices of his comrades Asho developed a contempt for their order specifically that would later grow to consume Dark-Jedi in general following his flight from First Imperial Space for fear of his family's safety. Asho came into the First Order's or rather its' shadowdy predecessor's service shortly before the One Sith's capitulation in their war with the Galactic Alliance; marrying a woman named 'Eryn' a modest Sith Acolyte he'd held quiet affections for who redeemed herself during the War after deciding to slay her master and abandon a battle in order to see One Sith Citizens were evacuated safely, they fled to the unknown regions together in the hope of avoiding prosecution for terrible deeds committed during the One Sith-Galactic Alliance war on behalf of that odious theocratic Government. Asho worked for the First Imperial Army as a researcher with the rank of 'Colonel' and helped develop the modern training methods used to indoctrinate and train the First Order's initial intake of child-'volunteer' Stormtroopers.

It wasn't until Asho spent decades aiding the First Order in the shadows atrocities committed that he'd begun to privately share the belief with Eryn that between Sieger Ren was a Sith Lord himself and the entire First Order was being lead down a path that he couldn't condone and with Eryn's support Asho began to cease concealing his disdain for the dark side's influence and his belief that it had no place guiding a government which quickly earned him derision from Eridau citizens and the government's intensified surveillance. Asho finally experienced a moral and ethical awakening like any Imperial he prizes order and civility but openly condemned the methods used by the One Sith and tactics being developed for use in the First Order's reclamation of the Galaxy. But even a dedicated researcher cannot forever escape the wrath and fury of Sieger and his 'fanatics' retaliated ruthlessly proved themselves to be just as ruthless as the Sith ever were; Asho and Eryn decided they were going to give up their lives again for the sake of their two young children and move across the Galaxy far away from the control of mad force wielders perhaps Commenor or Isobe within the Thustra system? though his daughter was never chauffeured home from her day-care facility on Eridau that afternoon. Eryn and Asho assumed the worst correctly; that Ersa had been abducted by Sieger Ren's agents, they then enacted a plan Eryn would search for her daughter while Asho fled Eridau to Commenor with their eldest Lysan and though he protested Eryn persuaded Asho that it was necessary for the survival of their family and made him promise that should she fail he would find Ersa and bring her 'home'. Asho never saw Eryn again following that Afternoon and heard through contacts that his wife had been captured and proceeded to 'free' herself rather than be twisted into a tool for the Ren.

Following his flight to Commenor Asho managed to scrape together a living working part-time as a Psychologist and Mechanic who worked on droids primarily it was enough to get by and put his young son through education he managed to stay one-step ahead of anybody from what would become the FOSB to kill him thanks to a number of contacts left back under the realm of Sieger Ren. Asho eventually through his browsing on the Holonet made contact with other individuals similar to himself who had their children kidnapped by the budding First Order after being openly critical of them and arranged a meeting with one such individual on the seedy world of Nar Shadda the Pirate Alamu was once a Sailor who once served the One Sith as Asho though he was not a Soldier. Alamu and Asho would come to work together, Asho providing instruction to Alamu's crew in firearm and blaster training along with small unit tactics in exchange for Alamu giving introduction to the world of organised criminals and mercenaries.

Re-locating to Nar Shadda with Lysan close in tow Asho Wehr would go on to become a ruthless arms dealer; providing modern military-issue equipment to various paramilitary and mercenary organisations purchasing or being gifted shares in major arms manufacturing companies in exchange for providing training to the bodyguards of various crime lords. It's during his time living among the galaxy's professional criminals that Asho acquired a resentment for overbearing bureaucracy and authority, he associated closely with individuals on other side of the law with good hearts which challenged the previously held assertion that criminals are scum without redemption, having an epiphany he decides to dedicate himself to Eryn's belief that even the most wicked could be redeemed including the First Order. It's around this time that Asho meets "Shuk" an exiled Mandalorian Warrior who had grown disenfranchised with his own people and culture, sharing a desire to redeem and be redeemed Asho and Shuk quickly become friends with Shuk becoming Asho's standover man and 'muscle'. Together the two would found a Paramilitary Force for hire of unparalleled organisation and discipline, built off the the finest Imperial-Mandalorian military traditions and equipped with high-tech hardware they would call this organisation the "Forsaken Sons" dedicated to what they perceived to be right with a dedication to justice and righteous retribution willingly painting a target on themselves with distinguishable uniforms and equipment as a challenge to the soulless war machines of dark-side authoritarian governments.

The Forsaken Sons started off small but as word of their deeds quietly spread through the professional criminal and mercenary community they began to steadily increase in Number; taking security contracts from backwater rim colonies that couldn't muster forces locally to ward off raiders and pirates who Shuk and Asho deemed to have stepped too far. They'd eventually build up a reputation for being polite, professional and just in their dealings but backed by a tenacity that made even larger paramilitary or mercenary organisations reluctant to engage them since they'd become reputed for their discipline and training co-opted straight from One Sith and First Imperial training materials. Asho now in his fifties has taken a mostly backseat within the Forsaken Sons, personally providing counselling to select soldiers permitting Shuk and Lysan now an educated adult to take operational control of the company. Asho now possesses a deep-seated contempt for the First Order; particularly the mysterious Order of Ren and many individuals behind the security bureau who he attributes responsibility for concerning the Kidnapping of Ersa; his daughter. Asho has become a person of interest to the FOSB and considered a threat to the government's Outer Colonies with a commitment to thoroughly interrogating any First Imperial Officers captured in an attempt to learn the whereabouts of his Daughter within the First Order clinging to hope that she yet lives. Asho in secret has made contact with the Jedi Reformation; a group of Jedi living within the First Order and pledged his support to in exchange for mutual intelligence sharing in the hopes he might find his daughter though he also shares the ' crazy' belief of democratising or federating the First Order into a Republic-Style government with a considerable re-structuring of division of powers between the central and colonial governments while retaining their Imperial culture and the civic virtues which define it.

QUOTES
"Nothing and nobody is beyond redemption that's what Eryn taught me and I'll hold onto that idea and her faith in goodness until the day my heart ceases to beat and my breast stills."
-Explaining why he returns captive enemies.

"I wasn't a criminal until the Ren decided I was one and do you know what I think now? Some laws deserve to be broken one just needs to be careful about when and how they break them."
-Asho explaining to Alamu the Pirate his criminal history prior to his daughter's abduction.

"You let that guy in here? I thought this cantina was for civilised men a cut above the average criminal
Bite my whipcord you old Imp geezer, go subjugate or blow up a planet
be careful now young man, I might just Alderaan Mandalore
As if I'd care anymore..."

-Asho and his best friend Shuk sharing a jest.

"Have you heard? The First Order uses nerve agents on their enemies now, you didn't have anything to do with making them did you?
No I'm more of an arts man. I just provided research into methods you could use to positively reinforce obedience and discipline in children with the aim to make them more compliant to military training.
Yeah that would explain why Stormies hit as hard as my old lady.
It's not something I'm particularly proud of now and honestly I'm disgusted anybody would give their children up to the state for training as an infant-soldier. completely surrendering them without even their child's consent in exchange for tax credits
Everybody has to eat, you might think differently had you been born a Mandalorian Ash. Back where I come from everybody is trained to fight from a young age.
That doesn't make it right
I never said it was"
-Ash and Shuk discussing the First Order's Stormtroopers

[member="Kyli DT-6767"]

Hello there,

There's one thing I need to clear up with you before I can proceed with my review.

Kyli DT-6767 said:
Asho Wehr was born within the Inner Core and speaks with a highly accented voice which usually betrays his origin in the economic and political heart of the galaxy though he often insists the "Urban Hellscape" Of Coruscant certainly isn't his home. Asho spent a majority of his youth proudly fighting for the One Sith Empire as a skilled Commando Trooper who often worked alongside Sith Knights, after witnessing the Sith's disdain or disregard for the sacrifices of his comrades Asho developed a contempt for the Sith specifically that would later grow to consume Dark-Jedi in general following his flight from First Imperial Space for fear of his family's safety.
Officially, the One Sith didn't get their start until the late 830's, so at best, that would place Asho in his mid or late 30's with his entry into the organization, which is an advanced age for a soldier and junior officer. So his origins with the One Sith may require some tweaking, especially as it seriously impacts the events of the rest of his life up to now.

He seems like a pretty honorable man, or least has some sense of morality, so could you expand a bit on what attracted him to the cause of the One Sith in the first place?

Jyoti Nooran said:
[member="Kyli DT-6767"]

Hello there,

There's one thing I need to clear up with you before I can proceed with my review.

Officially, the One Sith didn't get their start until the late 830's, so at best, that would place Asho in his mid or late 30's with his entry into the organization, which is an advanced age for a soldier and junior officer. So his origins with the One Sith may require some tweaking, especially as it seriously impacts the events of the rest of his life up to now.

He seems like a pretty honorable man, or least has some sense of morality, so could you expand a bit on what attracted him to the cause of the One Sith in the first place?
I've increased Asho's age by around ten years and made some further development of his life prior to One Sith military service. Though I kind of wanted this to be a surprise revealed in RP rather than the open biography he has received Telomere Genotherapy and is why he's still quite in-shape and powerful for an aged man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom