Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Ashlan Enclave

Status
Not open for further replies.
7s3joqp.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To submit a small NJO facility for training and character development between Jedi regardless of affiliation. Part of the community's enclave project.
  • Image Credit:
  • Canon: /
  • Permissions: /
  • Links: /
SETTING INFORMATION
  • Structure Name: Ashlan Enclave
  • Classification: Jedi Enclave
  • Affiliation: New Jedi Order
  • Accessibility: Landing service for shuttlecraft and starfighters. Surrounding terrain unsuitable for anything larger than a medium freighter to set down safely. Remote and unlisted on most known star charts. Saber hilt access protocols.
  • Description: The Ashlan Enclave is a New Jedi Order satellite outpost on one of Tython's twin moons. It was converted from an old Galactic Alliance research facility into a small praxeum for specialized instruction and practical studies. Only a dozen or so Jedi occupy the enclave at any given time. Much of the internal structure has been refurbished however the observation spire's long range sensor dish remains operational for astrometric study. A subsurface hangar is accessible via excavated bay doors outside the primary structure.
Despite its remote and inhospitable nature, Ashla maintains a thin survivable atmosphere although breathing masks are recommended. The Sea of Light is a lunar mare surrounding the enclave which is mostly desolate yet features a few distinctive artificial landmarks. Stone ruins of ancient Tythonian settlements and strange monoliths dot the landscape. Wreckage of starships from battles stretching across millennia. This place is rumored to be plagued by Force anomalies including an impact crater nascent with darkside energies from the shadow moon.​
QVtWlBM.png
POINTS OF INTEREST
  • Lunar Outpost​
    • Habitation Pods
    • Medical Lab
    • Research Facilities​
    • Gravity Chamber​
    • Observation Spire​
  • Subterranean​
    • Hydroponics
    • Solar Furnace
    • Landing Pads
    • Rover Bay​
    • SIA Listening Post​
  • Sea of Light​
    • Ancient Stone Ruins​
    • Starship Graveyard​
    • Bogan Meteorite Impact Crater​
SECURITY
  • Medium. Automated security and a small contingent of Jedi on site. Subspace telemetry from the outpost's observation spire.
L7kWWaY.png
HISTORICAL INFORMATION

Constructed over a decade ago by Jedi crusaders to study the local ruins and as a logistics depot for sanctification efforts planetside. It was abandoned after the Sith Empire's attack on Coruscant until its conversion for a time into a small garrison by Core Imperial intelligence. Eventually the lunar outpost was reclaimed by Ashlan Knights and maintained with a skeleton crew before the New Jedi Order's dawning. Marked as a potential candidate for establishment of a Jedi colony.

Renewed interest in the mystery of the monoliths sparked an expedition from Tython. For the first time since Imperial occupation the facility was repaired and retrofitted with modern Galactic Alliance technology. After the Sea of Light was surveyed the Ashlan Enclave established itself as part of the Jedi's new academy network. It is a place to learn NJO martial tactics as well as study ancient archaeology and meditate on the remote beauty of Ashla's lunar landscapes.

Last edited:

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka

Good evening! I'm really really excited to see all of the Enclaves popping up, I think it's a really cool project. That being said, I do have a couple things I'd like to have clarified within your submission:

Accessibility | Could you elaborate on saber key access protocols here? What does it include? Who can carry out those procedures?
Points of Interest - Subterranean | What is a SIA listening post? Could you link any relevant group/submission that this may link up to here?

Please tag me once you've made edits or if you have any questions!

Ylla Caeli'runa

No worries. Happy to help. :)

Accessibility - This is a newer concept from the High Republic setting. I didn't want to go into extreme detail for that purpose but essentially instead of a key or passcode or some other kind of mechanism, the facility uses lightsaber hilt profiles for authorization. So just imagine the hilt is a big key and that's the idea. I've changed it from 'saber key' to 'saber hilt access protocols' to make that clearer. Let me know if you'd prefer I elaborate more.

Points of Interest - I have linked the lore article for the Strategic Intelligence Agency which is the Galactic Alliance's spy arm. I elected not to go into detail on it apart from as a POI because in character the Jedi aren't even aware its there. Its a facility on top of a facility (or in this case underneath). Listening posts are top secret installations from which intelligence agencies/networks can gather local surveillance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom