Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ashlan Alpha

Name: Ashlan Alpha

Appearance:
http://t7.rbxcdn.com/249615a12ae08933e9d91752b64b6024

Designation: Sentient
Homeworld: Myrkyr
Language: Growls, barks, and Advanced Telepathy
Average height of adults: 85 cm at the shoulder
Skin color: Colors can vary between green, blue, red, Black, and White.
Breathes: Type I

Strengths: Durable Razor Sharp claws and teeth. The claws are capable of cutting though plastoids and thin metals while the ashlan Alpha's bite is capable of piercing most weak armors.
Agile
Able to use the force if bonded with a strong enough force user.
Strong bones and muscles
Weaknesses: Incredibly Rare
No natural armor except for their fur
Grows incredibly melancholy after death of its keeper
Completely vulnerable during the metamorphosis.
Mixed: Reveals a general dark and light moral compass of its bond-mate.
Beautiful pelt
Acute senses of smell and hearing
Generally bonds with another organism
Completely loyal to their bond-mate
Distinctions: The Ashlan Alpha's pelt varies between green, blue, and red. However, the pelt does tend to change between darker shades of each color. Their main pelt varies from dark to light shades of their color as a normal ashlan wolf, but becomes permanent on the moment of their evolutionary beginning. The accents will remain in their normal colors, however it will vary between the shades as it did before the evolution.

Average Lifespan: The average lifespan of 500 years makes the life of an Ashlan Alpha substantially greater than that f most beings, making them capable of living through several generations of a bond-mates family.

Races: Ashlan Alphas share one race but are divided by their basic fur colors of.
· Green (varying shades)
· Blue (varying shades)
· Red (varying shades)
· Black
· White

Diet: Common foods: Ashlan Alphas are omnivorous, capable of eating nearly any organic material, but they do prefer meat.

Communication: Ashlan Alphas use barks, whimpers and howls much like a dog, but due to their advanced stages, they are capable of speaking with their bond-mate through telepathy. However, speaking with those that are not their bond-mate will only allow the person to understand general ideas and feelings instead of actual sentences.

Culture: The Ashlan Alpha is made from an Ashlan have wolf and thus much of the culture is the same, albeit with a slightly larger effect on history has they have managed to make an impact of the locals of Myrkyr. Their bonding(Not to be confused with a force bond) is still a predominant need for them and thus there are no Ashlan Alphas that are not bonded, unless their bond-mate has met an unfortunate end.

Technology level: Ashlan Wolves are incapable of most technology due to a lack of opposable thumbs, but they can understand the concepts of how to use weapons and fly ships if given the proper equipment.

General behavior: The Ashlan Alpha is an incredibly rare variation of the Ashlan Wolf. It is created when an Ashlan wolf manages to create an unusually strong connection with their bond mate. Over time, the force may seep through the shared bond and may cause a process called the evolution. Not every Wolf is capable of the evolution (About 33% of the total population are), but those who are and manage to form a strong enough bond will find themselves going through a process of metamorphosis. This growth takes about the time one month and ends with the wolf becoming many times larger they original size. The evolution also enhanced muscles, allowing them to have the strength necessary to carry a full grown human male (although not to the point of becoming a comfortable mount). Towards their bond-mates, the Ashlan Alpha is fiercely loyal and nearly inseparable, growing anxious whenever the two are separated. Should the Ashlan’s bondmate be a force sensitive, it is likely that the force may seep through their bond during the metamorphosis process, causing it to affect the changing creature and turn it into a creature of minor force sensitivity. Mostly capable of feats of minor telekenesis(lifting about twenty-five kilograms as a max) or resistance to force attacks such as shirking off small bolts of sith lightning. It should also be mentioned that the Evolution requires a catalyst such as an extremely stressful or testing event between the bond-mates which must ultimately bring them together, instead of pulling them apart. This event causes a natural mutation in the ashlan wolf to release a set of chemicals and hormones that start the metamorphosis. Stages of the metamorphosis go as follows:

Extreme Fatigue

Erratic moments in the telepathic bond. (Moments of severe pain, extreme bleed through, or drops in the connection)
Bodily break down and muscles occasionally having small spasms and twitches.

The wolf will then lay down and excrete a special chemical from its fur covering itself in a large green cocoon. This cocoon will steadily grow over the time of one month in which the bond will drop and seem non existent except for one incredibly strong link between the primal instincts of the bond-mates. If the non-ashlan bond-mate is a force user, they will experience an extreme drop in their force abilities as their powers are drained into the body of the Ashlan until the end of this stage.

When the Ashlan Alpha finally emerges from its cocoon, it will experience a time of weakness and unfamiliarity with its new size for several weeks before finally regaining its senses and strength.

History: Ashlan Alphas are very rare, but due to their large size, they have been more noticed in the stories of the Neti, occasionally showing up as signs of tribe chieftains in early times before the creatures seemed to fade away from recorded history.

Notable Player-Characters: Ace Torrevaso If you look at Ace’s post count, you’ll likely see less than 10 posts. As such, I have NO problems with turning him into an NPC. As for anyone else trying to break the alt padding rule, it is my understanding that any creature(save those that were exclusively banned) can be a PC. This makes the Ashlan wolf just as likely to be alt padded as a pet sithspawn. It is this reason that I suggest any possible Ashlan writers should be aware that should either member of the bond die, the other will experience a mental and emotional trial like none other, in ways more intimate than losing a mate.

Intent: To improve upon the Ashlan Wolf and make them capable of being more than simple pets, while giving a proper explanation for my planned growth of Ace. (I thought It'd be a better idea than Vong-Forming him)

Valik's concerns:

I would like to start with this statement, much of this, I am willing to change and compromise on. As for the impossibility of metamorphosis of this stage, http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Codru-Ji A canon lupine species turning into a human. A few weeks and it changed from a dog to a man. In a month, all the ashlan alpha does is change size and get a bit tougher.

I also intend to launch a series of threads in which the earlier mentioned conflict starts the process, essentially a campaign development thread to EARN this evolution

Alt padding concerns are addressed in red in the notable PC's

Force bonding on Myrkr being a problem. That's exactly why I never called it a force bond. It is a telepathic bond. Once the proccess to alpha starts, it is a physical bond.

Concerns for severe changes by caste. This is not a caste change. This is an extreme mutation that has caused a sort of subspecies. It is my understanding that as long as two creatures can mate and create fertile offspring, they are in the same species. It is for this reason that I have not written them off as Ashlan mimics.

Access to old tech. They are from Myrkr, a backwater planet. Not to mention, calling them a primitive race would be an understatement. They have created nor found any technology without the help of a sentient bond-mate.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Before I go into the nitty-gritty of this submission, this seems more like a subspecies of the Ashlan Wolf than it is a new species. What made you decide to submit this as a new species rather than file for a Submission Modification?

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Simply speaking, this species is an impossibility. Species can be radically different from one another through Eusociality, where different members of a species, usually differentiated through gender, grow from birth in different ways in order to serve different jobs that serve the entire species. They can also radically change through metamorphosis, a process which all members of the species change into different forms as part of their life cycle, usually through puberty. While I"m not opposed to the idea of the Force altering a person to grow more or differently this level of growth and differentiation from normalcy is extremely unnatural, and would kill the Ashlan wolf.

An alphamale is the wild is usually determined by having superiority over it's peers in strength, speed, intelligence, or a combination of all of the above. It is not normally(or at least in any instances I can recall) a new species, nor is it superhuman compared to the pack, just better. For example let's assume for a minute the height of an average human is around 6 foot tall(It isn't, but we're going to boost it up there for simplicity as well as assuming equalized proper nutrition rather than what we have worldwide now). The tallest recorded human in history stood at 8'11, roughly 50% larger than the average male. Throughout the last 150 years we've recorded 17 humans to be at or above 8 feet tall(or 1.33%+ of average), plus we found the skeleton of a frenchmen that was 8 foot tall and likely served in the Thirty Years war. Considering there are over 6 billion people on the earth today and have been several billion more who've died off in that time having a person a third taller than average is literally in the billionth, perhaps trillionth percentile. Furthermore past this height most humans show a lot of nerve damage because they're stretched too long, and have other severe medical problems as well, giving them lower quality of life as well as lower life expectancy in general.

This species goes through a sudden growth spurt that puts them over 5.5x the size of their average and makes their life expectancy over 16.5x average. As a college student who's the oldest of five and has little brothers just hitting their strides I can tell you that growing pains are very painful when you're doing a lot of them at once. My little bro is about 6 ft now and was around 5'5 a year, maybe a year and a half ago and couldn't sleep for nearly a month when he was going through growing pains. Stretching people is literally a form of torture. This process would have a 100% fatality rate for all Ashlan Wolves undergoing the process.

Furthermore, Myrkr. A creature that survives by making Force Bonds would not survive there, and I'm not quite sure how the Ashlan Wolves live there in the first place. The Ysalamiri wouldn't be able to be bonded with due to their negating the Force within their presence and the Vornskyr would hunt them and eat them. You are a bit ambiguous in both articles as to what kind of bond is taking place exactly but any bond besides a Force bond(at least as far as I know) wouldn't be compatible with other species or necessary for survival.

Lastly, this has an extremely powergamey vibe to it. Bonds permanently to someone, lives long enough to have access to a ton of old tech, uses force powers and rips through durasteel? That's a ton of stuff going on. It almost seems crafted to give Vulpesen(or other users) a companion with which to fight, but also remains sentient and you've even made a character for it. Going two on one against someone with your alts is alt-padding, which is a quick way to get reported. You could bond Ace to someone who's not Vulpesen, but if bonded to Vulpesen he'd have to act as an NPC, thus killable by anyone who can shoot straight and wouldn't require this sort of power. I suppose you could RP Ace in non-combat situations and keep him as a character to avoid his untimely death, but actually fighting someone with him while Vulpesen is fighting someone would be power-gaming.

Ultimately due to an impossible nature, rampant powergaming potential and an alt-padding/powergaming intent this is denied. You may of course Second-Chance it by linking this submission and stating your case for wishing for a new judge.

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Vulpesen"]
You've expressed a desire to do a comprehensive rewrite. Please take all of Valik's notes into account and tag me when you're done.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen said:
Force bonding on Myrkr being a problem. That's exactly why I never called it a force bond. It is a telepathic bond.
In Star Wars, there is no such thing as a telepathic bond which is not based on the Force. All species-related telepathy is Force-related and Force-based. What you're describing exists in Star Wars as a Force bond and in no other form. That's even made clear by your own submission in two places:

Vulpesen said:
If the non-ashlan bond-mate is a force user, they will experience an extreme drop in their force abilities as their powers are drained into the body of the Ashlan until the end of this stage.

Vulpesen said:
Able to use the force if bonded with a strong enough force user.
Furthermore:

Vulpesen said:
As such, I have NO problems with turning him into an NPC.
I remember the implausible lengths you went to in order to keep him alive during the battle of Mon Calamari, so I can't ignore Valik's concerns over alt-stacking, which are valid so long as your intent is to bring him into battle. Likewise, having him as on-call fire support in your ship is alt-stacking.

Vulpesen said:
As for the impossibility of metamorphosis of this stage, http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Codru-Ji A canon lupine species turning into a human. A few weeks and it changed from a dog to a man. In a month, all the ashlan alpha does is change size and get a bit tougher.
Valik's point wasn't about metamorphosis so much as it was about conservation of mass. A Codru-Ji is roughly the same mass before and after its transformation; you're looking for a mass-gaining transformation which would be lethally painful.

Vulpesen said:
The Ashlan Alpha is an incredibly rare variation of the Ashlan Wolf. It is created when an Ashlan wolf manages to create an unusually strong connection with their bond mate. Over time, the force may seep through the shared bond and may cause a process called the evolution. Not every Wolf is capable of the evolution (About 33% of the total population are), but those who are and manage to form a strong enough bond will find themselves going through a process of metamorphosis. This growth takes about the time one month and ends with the wolf becoming many times larger they original size. The evolution also enhanced muscles, allowing them to have the strength necessary to carry a full grown human male (although not to the point of becoming a comfortable mount).
The only examples of what I call a 'Forcivore,' for lack of a better term, are species who use the Force for sustenance, for maintenance in hibernation even, but not for increased mass. You cannot convert the Force into mass, cocoon or no cocoon.

Vulpesen said:
but they can understand the concepts of how to use weapons and fly ships if given the proper equipment.
I can't approve a being that can use weapons and fly starships with paws that lack opposable thumbs.

Bottom line, this appears to be a Force-immune full-sized battle beast that can fly a ship for your fire support and is built for inseparable alt-stacking. If you wish to reexamine your original submission, that's acceptable, though there's no guarantee it'll be approved again if you bring it out for edits. As for this submission, without substantial edits this will be denied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom