Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Lore Ashaottoi

Status
Not open for further replies.

PERSENUS

Qoritottoi..... Ashaottoi....

npJUMGS.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: It shall be used as a kind of "May The Force Be With You" but officially in Sith
  • Image Credit: None
  • Canon: Its uhhh, I guess its canon to some extent? Its a Sith word made through existing Sith Words. So.... I guess?
  • Permissions: Creative Consultant: Sir Leading Role.
  • Links: none
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Media Name: Ashaottoi
  • Format: Several ancient writings, and often even in modern ones in move savvy of the Sith.
  • Distribution: Scattered (
  • Length: Minuscule (It is, in fact, a word. You say it.)
  • Description:
    Ashaottoi is an ancient Sith word that fulfilled the same gap in language as "May The Force Be With You". "Asha" means victory and it is combined with "ottoi" as dative noun marker. It essentially means "To Victory" or "Upon Victory", similarly to how Qoritottoi means "Until Death" or "Upon Death", but is less of a Rallying Cry and more of a discreet word of encouragement. Likewise, it is not often in use due to its nature, but more spiritually or academically inclined make frequent use of it among their rabble.

It is found in a variety of old Sith Writings and information, from ancient datapads all the way to holocrons.
SOCIAL INFORMATION
  • Author: The origin of it isn't exactly clear but is used in rather great frequency after Sith Teachings began to fully take form and become less esoteric.
  • Publisher: Several
  • Reception: It never did take up any space in mainstream teachings and was more of a niche saying among more educated Sith that have taken the time to delve into their history.
FORMAT INFORMATION
Ashaottoi is often used interchangeably in some writings with Qoritottoi, though this is often thought of as a misinterpretation by such writers that do not understand the actual use of it.

EVENTS (Optional)
  • Event Name: [ This can be the name of the event in-character, or the name of the thread it houses. ]
  • Links: [ If these events happened actively in RP threads, include any applicable links here. ]
  • Participants: [ Provide links to the participants of this event on either side. If organizations (i.e: factions, companies, NPC groups) are listed, individual characters do not need to be. If there are multiple sides, please separate them and their participants using bullet points or other similar formatting. ]
  • Overview: [ Provide an overview of the event, any particular high notes, interesting twists, What was achieved? Did a group make a monumental discovery? Did a faction obliterate a populace? Who won? ]

CONTENT INFORMATION
"Blood upon the battle field,
The Force running strong,
Black burns scatter upon bodies,
When the battle is over,
It has only begun,
Ashaottoi,"

- An Excerpt from an incomplete, corrupted datapad from the musings of an ancient Sith Lord from an old ruined temple.

"... To all that we have lost, we only gain in strength. Pain does not stop us, Jedi. Pain leads us to power. To Victory! Ashaottoi!"
- An incorrect use of it but is fitting for the context, made by a scribe retelling the death of the Sith Lord to a Jedi

"To our triumph, my apprentices. Do not fail me. Ashaottoi..."
- A Sith Lord, giving out one last speech to his Sith Assassins before sending them out on a mission.

"To all those that read this, tell the new Sith to not mourn the death of old kin. Qoritottoi.... Ashaottoi...."

- The last message of the same Sith Lord as the previous excerpt.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

It's creation is rather unknown but it is often wrongly speculated that it is derivative of Qoritottoi, but it seems to have been created and used around the same era. Its use peaked a several millennia after but soon sunk drastically as the Sith once more, went back into the shadows.

PERSENUS PERSENUS | +Sir Leading Role (Creative, Consulty, whosit)

This is actually pretty (both template and content) neat. I've never seen someone make a submission that looks so complete about "one" word. I like it!

In the future you can actually remove the "Events" portion as it is optional, however, I see no reason to hold the submission up. Good work!

[APPROVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom