Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ash of a Phoenix

Caius Flavian

Faction Admin - The Galactic Republic
latest_zpsebf4d8d1.png
My brow furrowed for a moment. It was late into the evening. According to standard galactic time it was 0300.
I was tired.
The reports were endless.
I was keeping track of a dozen different operations simultaneously in motion.
Operation Grave Cart was in motion as a high priority navy operation. While the hunt for the rebel alliance was also in full swing. The Intelligence and Security Bureau was thoroughly vetting our available contacts for information. ‘Terrorists’ the words struck a chord deep that reverberated deep in my soul.
Their actions had dealt a severe blow to our operational capacity.
It would be months if not a year to fully recover from the set back.
Still the Imperial Empire marched on.
Our latest capital ventures would offset these losses.

I was sitting in my office onboard the Absolution Class Star Destroyer Sound of Justice. I glanced at the holoprojector displaying the gas giant Remsh in the Kalee system. I had chosen to orbit this massive planet as it was quite the beautiful sight to look at. Especially the forty three moons which orbited it.

A chime at my office door was an unexpected disruption to my paper work.
I hardly move my head up from keeping the focus on the desk. I gave a slight leering look at the Ensign who stood in the door frame.
Sir a vessel approaches, they bear the proper codes along with broadcasting a signal ‘Ash of a Phoenix’ along with requesting to board.”
I mused for a moment. This would the second encounter with one who claimed to have mastery of the dark side of the force and a Sith.
However these delegates did not come from the One Sith, but instead appeared to be disenfranchised members of a new organization called the Order of the Phoenix. They along with a number of other organizations have been clamoring for attention thanks to growing of reputation of the Imperial Remnant.
Ah good, I guess now is as good of a time as any to receive them. I’ll be meeting them in the wardroom. Could you ensure we have proper refreshments? Find a cook if needed!”
I straightened up my uniform. The standard dull olive gray of the Imperial Navy. Old and true. The Ranking bars for Commodore now adorned my double breasted tunic on the left breast.
Time to see what the order of phoenix desired with us…

[member="Dux Pontus"]
[member="Dux Kotass"]

"There!" said Dux Pontus after removing a speck of dust from [member="Dux Kotass"]' shoulder, caught by his cybernetic eye, "Now you look perfect, Lady Kotass." Offering the woman an warm smile, the Mon Calamari who used to fight for the One Sith fell back into his seat, comfortably leaning back and allowing himself to relax. In just a few moments, the two would arrive to their destination to meet with a representative of the Imperial Remnant, [member="Caius Flavian"]. The Order of the Phoenix needed allies, and while the Sith-less Empire was not the strongest faction in the galaxy, Avreet believed the ideals of the Phoenix nicely corresponded with those of this Imperial group. The Mon Calamari was an Imperial himself, after all; a patriot, his childhood heavily influenced by the noble qualities taught to him by the Empire, and he would not pass a chance to help out those who he considered to be his brothers and sisters. That, and he heard of the recent terrorist attacks, which prompted him to get in contact with the faction so he could offer the Order's help, knowing full well he could not allow the One Sith to send their agents to purge the terrorist threat and force the Imperial Remnant into an alliance. Fighting those who sought to rule by fear, be it Sith or rebels, was the right and just thing to do. To think he used to be enthusiastic for the cause of the One Sith... then again, the faction used to consist of actual Sith and not those Dark Jedi cripples who ruined everything they have originally fought for.

Before his mind wandered off into the realm of memories where the Sith were much more than just tactless primitives, the pilot's voice coming from the ship's intercom informed the duo of approaching the Star Destroyer. The Mon Cal formerly known as Darth Veles by many, now as Dux Pontus by a few, raised his gaze towards the speaker for a second before his large amber eyes darted towards Sabrina. This beautiful young lady would certainly make a great first impression, her honeyed words and feminine charm winning hearts of many men. "Have you brought the famous Echani wine as I have recommended?" he questioned gently, feeling as the vessel lost its speed and shook upon boarding the massive Star Destroyer. The door hissed and opened, revealing the hangar in the ship's belly. Smiling, Avreet stood up, smoothing out creases on his tunic and heavy cloak that covered much of his body. Not his head though; wearing hood indoors usually revealed a Jedi or their Sith counterpart, not to mention it was rude.

The sense of discipline and order radiating from the ship's intestines through the Force brought back nostalgic memories of the time he used to serve on such large vessels. Breathing in the atmosphere as he stopped his pace on the ramp, Avreet looked around before his sight fell upon a few men dressed in the classic Imperial fashion, ready to greet the visitors and lead them to the wardroom. Not that it was completely necessary; being familiar with the general layout of Start Destroyers, Avreet trusted he would be capable of reaching it himself. Still, the two former Sith followed the Imperials, marching through the cold corridors and using turbolift to travel several levels up before finally standing in front of the door that opened their way to both diplomaticmeeting and the man they were supposed to meet. The amphibious Dux entered first, followed by his companion.

"Greetings, Commander," the Mon Cal said politely, ready to offer his webbed hand to shake that of the man if required, "I am Dux Pontus, the charming lady is Dux Kotass."

She replied to her friend, Yes I got the wine, but remember never give it to a mandalorian. As we will be visiting them soon, after all they are great power opposed to our old order. She then pulled the bottle from under her cloak, she stilled had a stock of it from time she defended teta from the republic. She then placed it back under her cape, to give their host as present when they were received. She then followed him to the host, and gave slight bow of her head. As [member="Dux Pontus"] spoke to their host [member="Caius Flavian"], and introduced them. She then handed him the bottle of wine, and with slight smile as she hated giving these bottles away. This a gift from our order to your people, may do with as you wish. She was halved tempted to use mind trick on him, and get him to open it. Though she was trying to restrain herself these days, and not make people do as she wanted them to. Instead she took her seat, and allowed Dux Pontus to take the lead in these negotiations. As she waited to see how these talk developed, before adding her mark to it.

Caius Flavian

When the duo had arrived to the wardroom a single table had been put out. The wardroom was a basic modular design with table that unfolded and detached from the walls. With these tables stowed in this manner the room was quite empty but when general quarters is called or the ship received damage, No one would rightfully say they would want to be in a room with tables being tossed about.
I had had several midshipmen prepare the reception to my own exacting measures. A light blue table cloth. Several fat and stout candles glowed inside orange decorative glass bowls adding ambience to the room. Since it was the middle of the night I had decided to keep the lights of the wardroom dim out of respect for the past dead. The galley and wardrooms are typically the worst areas hit in midst of battle. It would bode ill will toward those who linger behind to disturb them unless absolutely needed.
A Mon Calamari Sith? Not unheard of but certainly a rare encounter to ever have in ones life.
The Lady Kotass was strikingly pretty.
A very interesting duo they walked beside each other as though a deep and long history had intertwined their lives to lead to this moment and the next.
I accepted the Mon Cal’s hand shake with my own firmness. A younger me from not too long ago would have detested the very action of shaking hands with a xenos. However having worked alongside a large number of xenos dedicated to the Imperial Struggle my old views of the High Human Culture had nearly faded completely. That and most especially the benevolence of my Empress Kista Fel had truly inspired me to change my ways.
“[member="Dux Pontus"] and mi’lady [member="Dux Kotass"] it is a pleasure to meet you both finally,” I accepted the bottle of wine in my hands with delicate care. It was of a peculiar design. “Oh my, this bottle is gorgeous! I can only assume the wine inside will taste just as exquisite. Perhaps when I take some leave I could truly enjoy this wonderful gift.” As the words left my lips I could feel the sleep deprivation having ahd taken a hard toll on my body. The tremendous amount of work involved acting as the Agent of the Crown and now as a Commodore had left my mind weary. To drink now would bring undue health concerns to body. My last visit to the fledgling Imperial Medical Corp had brought me the news that if I did not get more rest I would have severe health concerns in the near future. Still my life was for the Empire and the Imperial Crown. The lyrics to a song I had recently come across on the holonet crept into my mind... there ain't no rest for the wicked
My apologies for not being able to receive you too sooner, please have a seat. I have roused a few chefs, we’ll be having some tea. My family acquired a number of different tea plants from around the galaxy many years ago and thus I always have a large supply at hand. When the R5 comes out to wait on us will inquire if you desire caffeine or decaf. We have a few different flavors, the Yavin Spice tea or the Dantooine herbal are my two recommendations.”
I took a seat.
Now how may I assist you?”

Smiling when [member="Caius Flavian"] accepted the wine, knowing the Imperial just had accepted one of the best vintages the galaxy could offer. Avreet knew Sabrina was quite fond of wine, yet that did not stop him from constantly refusing her offers to have a drink with her; the Mon Cal rarely consumed alcohol, usually when he had no other choice. As such, it amused him a bit that they were going to have tea, considering tea was the exact same thing he usually offered to [member="Dux Kotass"] during their philosophical sessions. The former Sith Lord waited until the other two took their seats before sitting down himself, his large eyes scanning the room for a bit before turning to the Imperial. The man's uniform clearly demanded respect, his authority unshaken.

"Please, commander," Avreet raised his webbed hand, "There is no need to apologize for anything. We know you are a busy man, working tirelessly to protect your citizens. It is not easy to maintain peace with several lawless groups spreading chaos and suffering where they go. That is why the Order of the Phoenix wishes to help the Imperial Remnant. You and what you stand for represent order. Freedom. Peace." The amphibious Dux said, his thick Imperial accent clearly audible in the words coming from him. "As you probably know, we have recently left the One Sith. Despite what they show in propaganda, they represent chaos, not order. They kill civilians for fun, even murder their own citizens for no reason. I have witnessed these acts with my own eyes. With the significant help of several good friends who also disagreed with the One Sith devolving into nothing more than another barbaric Dark Jedi Order, the Order of the Phoenix was born. Our mission is to protect order and give the galaxy hope of peace."

Avreet took a breath before continuing. "Chaos gives birth to many groups. All sorts of terrorists who have their heads filled with fairy tales and believe that murdering any sort of authority figure makes them heroic freedom fighters. Dark Jedi orders who start civil wars on peaceful planets, overthrow the legitimate government under the excuse of temporarily protecting peace while in reality they take over the planet permanently. Of course, we also have gangsters who trade in both drugs and slaves and are allowed to run unchecked, which means they can build their massive empire. Then there's the One Sith, but I have already talked about it."

Wry smile crossed his lips, "The Phoenix Order is a small order that fights against the mentioned groups. They are all powerful, larger players, but as a wise man once said, when bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle. As a fellow Imperial, I certainly cannot watch as my people are murdered by some demented, self-righteous anarchistic ruffians who roam the galaxy and adhere to lawlessness, terror, murder."

"In the name of the Order of the Phoenix, I offer the Imperial Remnant our help. An alliance, if you will."

[member="Caius Flavian"]

She sat back and listened to her old friend [member="Dux Pontus"] speak, to the official put in charge of dealing with them. His words were eloquent, and sincere in sound. Though she did wonder how much of their past with the one sith, did poisoned their minds against the new order that they were creating. She knew they both been seen on the battlefield, fighting for the one sith. This was first time they could see what the galaxy thought of them, would they trust them. Then again would he simply use them, and try hand them back to the one sith. She kept her eye on his mind, she would not use the force to influence it. Though she would read his surface thoughts, as this could be telling in which way his mind was going. She silently as he spoke, and decide he would speak for both of them.

Caius Flavian

Your words are well-spoken and align perfectly with my own personal views along with those of the Imperial Crown. The Imperial Remnant is small, our borders contain only a handful of star systems. My intelligence dossier for both of you depicts a quite the interesting picture of a varied past under the One Sith. It would seem you both have participated in battles and bore witness as you state to the many atrocities that have resulted from the self-destructive nature the Sith tend to bring with them.”

I took a seat and beckoned for the Mon Cal to take a seat as well. The door to the kitchen opened as an R5 entered the room carrying a large tray of goods on top of its dome. A kettle of piping hot water. A basket of different tea bags. Three mugs for tea. Three glasses for water. A decanter of water. A container of napkins. Along with another basket filled warm pastries.
Mi’lady you are most welcome to dine on these. The dough is of a whole wheat kernel born from my family’s corporate ship. It would rival a bakery on Alderaan in flavor.” I plucked a packet of the yavin caffeinated tea. After plopping it in a mug I poured some hot water just to the top and settled a napkin as a lid to let it steep.

Peace is a lie…” I mused aloud for a moment my gaze held on the steam rising from beneath the napkin before turning to the two “That is I believe the first phrase of the Sith code. It is strangely an enigma to true Imperial Ideology of Order and Peace. The ideology of the Sith cannot exist in the form of a government. As a way of life it is certainly a path those who wish to follow it may. Yet that very first phrase leaves those of us not gifted with the connection you both enjoy to live in fear. I find it most intriguing to have before me those who can turn away from such a path and change. It gives me hope that peace is attainable. The Jedi and the Sith have their code. There are possibly a dozen other force user covens and organizations that exist out there in the galaxy rallying to new causes. What goals do the Order of the Phoenix have? What code do you now follow” I clasped my hands together and awaited a reply.

My mind weighed heavy with the mounting stress of ensuring the safety of the citizenry under our fledgling territory. The Mando’s were thankfully cordial neighbors, well cordial perhaps isn’t the best word. The Rebel Alliance, terrorists who sought to stir insurrections across the multitude of different nations who exercised heavy measures to ensure peace. The Galactic Republic were abrasive but they had agreed to a trade treaty along with opening up an embassy in each other’s respective capitals. The One Sith we were still quite the distance away from yet I knew her majesty Kista Fel sought to remain as neutral with them for the time being. Our own military was just now acquiring the capabilities to build the tried and true Imperator series of star destroyers. I sighed inwardly and I found my gaze had returned to the wine. An offering I doubt I would ever forget…

[member="Dux Kotass"]
[member="Dux Pontus"]

Hearing the sound of an opening door, Avreet glanced in the direction of the disturbance, smiling as he saw the droid bringing in the food. Another proof the Imperial Remnant was the right choice; the traditional Imperial hospitality once again showed that despite what the self-proclaimed freedom fighters said, Imperials were perfectly capable of negotiation. Better yet; while one had to use a secured channel to communicate with representatives of most factions, all sides paranoid and fearing an assassination attempt during diplomatic talks, it was perfectly possible to simply send an official request to the Imperial Remnant and meet their representative in person. Avreet always believed it to be better that way, to talk to real being and not to a simple holographic projection. The fact it was so easy to talk with the Imperials very much shattered the majority of arguments the terrorists might have had to justify their rebellion. It became absolutely clear the rebels have never attempted to negotiate with the Imperials, never tried to reach a reasonable compromise without immediately resorting to violence, which ultimately painted them as the aggressor who cannot be reasoned with and gave the Imperials every right to defend themselves by any means necessary.

Taking one of the mugs and making himself tea as well, the amphibious Dux of the Phoenix carefully listened to what [member="Caius Flavian"] had to say about the Sith Code, noting the Imperial's interpretation to be a wrong, yet extremely common misconception. Before correcting him though, Avreet let him finish and raise the questions about the Phoenix Order. This gave the Mon Cal more than enough time to think of all he wanted to say as he watched the water change its color shortly after beig exposed to the tea. The pastries remained untouched by him yet, letting [member="Dux Kotass"] be the first to pick one from the basket.

"Before I explain what the Order of the Phoenix stands for and our Code, it is necessary to correctly understand the Sith Code first. The first line in particular." The Mon Cal said calmly, his large orange eyes now focused on the man. "What you said is a literal interpretation. Even the majority of the Sith interpret it that way, yet they are wrong. They never bother to give it any thought and take the foolish version said by a Dark Jedi thousands of years ago. It is, however, necessary to realize the Sith Code was born from the Jedi Code. There is no passion, there is peace. Most correctly assume it means a Jedi should deny passion and be at peace. As such, if you think about the first line of the Sith Code, that is 'There is no peace, there is only passion', it makes no sense to assume it means Sith want war." Avreet gave a short pause before speaking again.

"Think about what Sith draw power from," a sly smirk crossed the Mon Cal's lips, "Passion! The first line of the Sith Code only tells them not to deny it like the Jedi do, but to embrace it. The fact most of the Sith interpret the very first line incorrectly is another matter entirely." Shaking his large head and letting out a soft sigh, his expression became neutral again.

"That is one of the reasons the Phoenix Order exists. The One Sith is full of people who don't understand their own teachings, which results in the vast majority of the Sith waging war because they believe the Code commands them to do it. That means they do not follow the Sith Code, which makes them Dark Jedi. As you know, they crave chaos over order and often suffer from... mental issues. After participating in the battle on Zeltros and seeing many self-proclaimed Sith slaying innocents for fun, I have realized the Sith true to the Code are being dragged down by the imbeciles who ruin the name. As such, I have decided to leave and start another Order. Not a Sith Order though. True Sith are dead to me. They no longer exist, so the impostors can keep the name."

"After informing my closest friends of my plans, they have also left the Sith and joined me. Together, we wrote a new Code and also added a few Commandments to ensure we don't become another Dark Jedi Order. While our teachings are based on those of the Sith, we took the liberty of borrowing several aspects of the Jedi beliefs as well and implementing them into our Code. We believe passion can be used as long as it is controlled. Our Commandments forbid our members from killing innocents and, let's say, sadistic tendencies that are very common among Dark Jedi. Actions of our members should be ruled by honour and discipline, not by bloodlust and insanity."

"The goal of our Order is to bring the rule of law back to the galaxy. Law brings order, order brings peace, peace brings prosperity. We will fight against the blossoming Dark Jedi factions, whether they were born from Jedi or Sith. Anyone who spreads chaos and destruction will be our target. That includes terrorists as well, as galaxy cannot be ruled through fear. By the way," Avreet raised his finger, "Do you know these terrorist organisations are often made out of teenagers who simply lack discipline and have nothing to do with their lives, so they are easily manipulated into thinking the rebel cause is their own? Speaking of the rebels... how do you deal with them? They are not a legitimate group, they strike from shadows and they use guile to hide among civilians. I hope you do not treat them as professional soldiers?"

Caius Flavian

One man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter…” I muttered with a sigh escaping my breath. I reached out unveiling the mug of tea I had brewed. I clasped my hands together and gave a slight bow “Thank you for the enlightening perspective of the Sith Code,” I spoke with genuine sincerity “However I will say often that [SIZE=11.8181819915771px]perception[/SIZE] is made because of the way people interpret their beliefs. I have witnessed many a Jedi claim to follow their own code and yet do not. If every force user I encountered claimed to be the follower of the same code yet their actions say otherwise how else would those of us not gifted in the ways of the force be made to perceive? This of course does not just apply to the many force beliefs or religions. The Imperial Ideology for example has often been wrought by those who chose to abuse the extraordinary mandates because of their own interpretation. The title of Moff can strike fear into the common persons heart simply because it invokes the warlordism that pervaded the original edifice we all know from the history books as the Galactic Empire. I hope one day to shift that perspective...” I trailed off knowing my own ambitions must remain tempered by humility.

You are sadly correct. Youth are often the ones fighting because their elders are often dead or to sick and weary to carry on the struggle. Our Imperial Remnant intervened on behalf of a government whose civilization had been wracked by a near four century civil war. Generations grew up only knowing that war existed between a repressive monarchy and those who desired a better life. Our intervention was on behalf of that monarchy. I’ve put to the sword in combat young men and women who fought to change their lives for the better,” my eyes drew to the flames of the candles as they flickered “I followed my emperor’s decree and my admiral’s orders. We shattered the rebellion. Now it has become our greater responsibility to alleviate the suffering such a war has placed that world through” I sipped my tea. My mind heavy and weary from the burdens our small nation endured.

The innate nature of an empire is to promote the spread of civilization, to elevate the living standards and bolster the cultures of those under its banner. Our Empress Kista Fel desires the way her great ancestor Jagged Fel prosecuted this goal. Victory without War. Through words, dialogue, and discussion. While our Emperor Vedarric Pallopides desires the same, they both however know that only through the strength of military force such peace can be maintained. A paradox we live in. I know I only wish peace so that one day if I ever find love again and have children that they may see the stars as I do. To enjoy the vast wonders and people that exist.”

Honour and discipline. Hollowed words that every warrior under our banner are expected to follow. As you say Law brings order, order brings peace, peace brings prosperity. Right now the Imperial Empress has made it our mission to revive the Kaleesh civilization. To terraform their world back to a state of habitability. To establish this system as a commerce hub. To protect merchants and people whom seek to journey among the stars in this region.” I paused to take a sip. Before setting the tea cup down and returning my gaze to the two of them.

To answer your question [member="Dux Pontus"] we treat all combatants the same. Our Empire’s government is that of a stratocratic dictatorship, our military is every aspect of life. Thus we must treat all those who raise arms against us equally as combatants and give them the same proper treatment as prisoners of war. We offer incentives to those willing to lay down their arms. For those who will not be swayed to find the peaceful path spend their lives imprisoned as humanely as possible” I paused for a breath and another sip of tea “For example the military intervention I spoke of. The respective government we helped process the rebels whom were captured. We provided programs for them to be integrated into society… However I will admit, my position required me to carry out interrogations to root out the remaining rebels and any further plans that could exist” My eyes grew heavy as the haunting memory of those moments came rushing to fore of my mind “In my endeavors I heard the sorrows and broken lives that so many had suffered under the regime we had helped to stay in power. I asked myself each night whether we had made the right decision. I will never know the answer. The action had passed. Now all I can do is seek to better the lives to come. To make sure the next generation has the opportunity to lead peaceful lives that those before them could only dream of” tears had formed at the edge of my eyes. I batted them away and took a breath to regain composure.

[member="Dux Kotass"]

The Mon Cal could not agree more with the fact many Jedi claimed to be staunch followers of their Code and beliefs, yet the reality was quite different. As if they did not believe they could ever stray away from their way of life... But all groups had their fools that masked their own weakness and incompetence with dangerous fanaticism. Shaking his large domed head in agreement, the Mon Cal used the fact [member="Caius Flavian"] was speaking to take a sip of tea. He had to admit it tasted great, although the water was still too hot to let him enjoy more than the smallest of sips. Bringing the tea closer to his mouth, he continued to listen to the fellow Imperial. As expected, the man's opinions largely mirrored his own, even though he found several things that he could not agree on with the officer. Avreet quickly dismissed that as a result of being a Sith for so long. He may have been one of the most, if not the most moral and reasonable of Sith, yet that did not stop him from being quite brutal when dealing those he considered dishonorable. From terrorists/rebels, the list of such people grew significantly over his years of service as a Sith Knight and Sith Lord. Surprisingly enough, he considered his former allies to be somewhat balancing the line while many of those [member="Dux Kotass"] wanted to be allies of belonged in the 'take no prisoners, show no mercy' category. Avreet fully realized this would cause the Phoenix Order much problems, but if he was about to tolerate atrocities committed on the Sith, he could have stayed with those Dark Jedi and ignore their crimes as well.

"Your Empress must be a wise woman. Someone who greatly represents the Empire and sets an example," Avreet spoke, changing the topic towards the leadership of the Imperial Remnant and the Phoenix Order as well, though he had not let out more words before taking another sip of tea, "It is a shame so many sentients do not listen to reason and often fail to see the benefits of living under one flag that serves as a peacekeeper between many different cultures. Such people take up their arms and make the situation much worse for everyone. Such a shame many suffer because of actions of a few!" Another sip of tea followed. "

"The Order of the Phoenix stands on strong principles, and as such we need a strong and charismatic leader. We follow our Grand Magi, Lady Zarrah. She is the wisest woman I have ever met,..." Avreet's voice trailed off. He wanted to tell more, but couldn't. Not because information concerning the Togruta were secret, but because he loved the woman and feared his feelings might be revealed if he talked about her. All control he had over his intonation gave away when he thought about the Grand Magi, the most important person in his life. He'd do anything just to please her...

"So what do the rebels want?" the Mon Cal asked with a frown, "Do they have some other goal other than overthrowing the government? Why exactly do they hate the monarchy so much they resort to murder?"

Caius Flavian

She is indeed. Her wisdom is tempered by a tragic and harrowed past. However I’m pleased to state despite such a varied and hard life she is a benevolent ruler. I look forward to seeing that her child may grow to have such a trait. Indeed Dux Pontus, for us to truly carry such a banner aloft we must prove that we are capable of proper governance. These rebels are opposed to their monarchy and desire that it be changed to a new form of government. The schism is four centuries old. Reconciling these two factions of that particular client state will take a long time. Blood will unfortunately be spilled.”

I sighed outwardly and sipped my tea. My cup was nearing its end. I would remedy that in a bit.

While our Empress Kista Fel strives to provide an ideal realm through what I would refer to as soft power. Emperor Vedarric Pallopides strives to ensure that the hard power, our military, remains strong enough to properly defend itself and to prosecute war against any whom seek to disrupt the peace and order we hope to bring.”

I paused for just a moment. Honesty was the most appropriate method of procuring the best outcomes.

The Emperor has decreed our military must develop professionally. One aspect you would be interested in hearing about is our Inquisitorial Program. In the past those individuals that claimed the title of Inquisitor were typically only of those who were blessed, or cursed in some opinions, with the powerful connection to the force. Our own version of the Inquisition is non force user based. An ancient but powerful symbol is that of the balanced scales. For our iteration of the Imperial Empire our method of maintaining balance is that of the Imperial Knights and the Inquisition. The ISB oversees the Inquisitorial Program. Our ISB seconds its members from the other branches.”

I paused for a moment and finished the last few drops of my tea.

“Both the Knights and the Inquisition are tasked with keeping each other in check along with keeping the Imperial Crown in check along with protecting it. I’ve been appointed a special title by name of an Agent of the Crown. It grants me an extraordinary mandate to act on behalf of the Emperor and Empress in certain situations such as diplomacy. This is the reason as to why we are discussing these matters with myself and not them. As I inferred a moment ago, the Empress is presently in a hospital ship nearing the birth our future monarch. The Emperor has been ill. Such power and authority I will step down from. These powers are temporary. Now then let me explain a little more of our structure so that you may best understand what can be helped.”

I began to prepare myself another cup of tea.

The basics of our government are simple and straight forward. Our Government and Military are one. We have multiple branches. Our Imperial Navy and its Star Fleets, the Imperial Storm Legions, and the Imperial Army are the primary components of our Military forces. As I mentioned the ISB seconds its members from these respective branches. We then have our Academic branch that is responsible for the generating training and educational programs. Lastly our Research and Development Branch, that is self-descriptive.”

As I spoke I had whisked together a new refreshment. This time went for the herbal.

Now I am glad to hear that the Order of the Phoenix desire prosperity, peace and order. What specifically may we the Imperial Remnant do to accommodate such a young but esteemed order of force users?”

[member="Dux Pontus"]
[member="Dux Kotass"]

After a bit of an explanation of how the Imperial Remnant worked and what it stood for, during which Avreet remained silent and listened, sipping his tea, the Mon Cal took special interest in the non-Force sensitive Inquisitors. As he remembered from history lessons, Lord Sidious and Lord Vader have employed many Force users who were not technically Sith, more like useful tools that covered much of the galaxy and hunted down Jedi, as the two Sith Lords obviously did not have time to constantly chase after the survivors of Order 66. As such, the Mon Calamari could not very well imagine the modern Inquisitors not being made out of Force sensitives. Then again, the Imperial Remnant already had their Imperial Knights, honorable men from all the former Sith Lord had heard. In fact, Avreet had even considered joining them, but the possibility of creating the Sith anew and fixing their mistakes, rewriting the Code and adding firm rules that ensured the Order of the Phoenix gave birth to no madmen was too tempting to pass. As much as he loved the Empire and his heart burned with healthy passion of patriotism, he did not want to surrender the Sith teachings. The incredible power the Dark Side offered could be harnessed and used to make the galaxy a better place to live. Avreet was sure of it. How many people had he saved only thanks to his Sith training and knowledge of how to properly use the Force?

Finishing the tea, enjoying the excellent and strong taste left in his mouth and setting the empty cup back, not filling it with more tea, the Mon Calamari offered a polite smile, his amber eyes radiating calmness. Before getting to the matter at hand, he felt something else had to be done, something concerning the Empress and her current state. "If you'll have the posibility, please send my congratulations to the Empress." While he had never seen the woman and no woman in the galaxy would ever mean more to him than his beloved Grand Magi, Avreet still wished her a good life, genuinely happy for the Imperial Majesty. His webbed hands finally moved to make more tea.

"As for you question, commander,... What we'd like is to have a temple in your space. Now, " he raised his hand, "I know the Imperial Remnant has its own Force users. What I am interested in is not to take Force sensitives away from the Imperial Knights, but to offer safe refuge to all those who seek it. A place of neutrality, a place for our members to rest in your space. Perhaps your Knights would be interested in training with the members of our Order, participate in joint missions?" Both groups would undoubtedly benefit from this greatly, having a friendly Force sensitive order with different beliefs to work with.

As his eyes shifted towards the tea, he thought of the Grand Magi. He really needed to buy her a gift soon!

[member="Caius Flavian"]
[member="Dux Kotass"]

Caius Flavian

The R5 from earlier who had left returned with two data pads on its tray. I plucked the one of the pads and thumbed the on switch.
This is acceptable. A tax exemption will be provided with an expiration in five years where you me reapply. Your order and temple since it will be in Imperial space is subject to Imperial laws both in and outside the temple grounds. In regards to local system laws your order is subject to them only outside temple grounds. With certain flight exemptions if the Imperial Flight Control in the system is contacted first. Meaning you would not be necessarily be subject to local system customs checks. However all void vessels are subject to Imperial Customs check. Your order is free to conduct its practices freely with in the temple grounds. Unless given express permission by the local system government you may not practice outside these grounds. Any rituals of sorts that may cause mass destruction are quite obviously illegal unless acting in a military capacity under the authority of the Moff appointed as regional governor of that sector or under the auspices of the Supreme Commander in a time of war.

I paused to let that sink before continuing.

I will provide a copy of our Imperial Charter and Constitution to you in time. As it stands right now the Imperial Knights are a small order, their primary focus is the protection of the Empress and Emperor and acting as their emissaries. I’ll allow the Imperial Knights though to work out those details with you all at a later date for joint operations and errr, cultural exchange? As that is not my realm of authority.

My thoughts drifted to the few knights left after the debacle of the crinan resistance ambushing the contingent of knights sent to deal with a coven of witches that had sprung up in the wake of the liberation of the Luminita system. I sighed inwardly hoping very much that my allowance or well tolerance of different force orders to exist under the Imperial Banner would not become detrimental to the stability of the realm. I brought my gaze over to the Lady Kotass who seemed to be quietly listening to the exchange. I smiled and waved a hand in the air.

Now for orbital facilities, defensive structures, and any other needs you’ll have to run those by the local government and Imperial command. For now though I would suggest you look these over and choose a location. You are free to contact me with questions or if you need help. Dux Kotass and Dux Pontus your signatures here will seal this deal. I Caius A. Flavian hereby acting in the capacity of an Agent of the Imperial Crown speak with the backing of the Emperor and Empress do grant to the Order of the Phoenix the right to passage, the right to practice their religion within the terms and conditions set forth today, and with the understanding that these terms may be revisited again by the Imperial Crown or another Agent of the Crown.

I signed the datapad with what amounted to a scribbled CAF. My signatures these days were getting less and less legible. No matter that just made it harder to fake…
I put the datapad on the table and slid it over to the two. I then took the other pad with the territorial information and also slid it over

[member="Dux Pontus"]
[member="Dux Kotass"]

Another gulp and more tea entered his stomach. Avreet enjoyed it. Not just the tea; the whole moment. Sitting in a comfortable seat with a good friend of his, @Dux Pontus, by his side and another Imperial, [member="Caius Flavian"], in front of him. The meeting was undoubtedly official, yet its spirit and atmosphere reminded the amphibious Sith of how it feels to be surrounded by good people he trusted. Those rare moments had to be treasured and as such he found it hard for a moment to focus on the task at hand, his eyes blankly staring around as if watching everything, but not focusing on anything in particular. The only one missing was his beloved teacher, the Togruta Sith Lady. Smiling at the thought of her being there and sipping more tea, his attention finally turned back towards the commander. One thing in particular caught the amphibian's attention; rituals that may cause mass destruction. Avreet's eyes widened in surprise slightly, but he said nothing, imagining something like planet-wide Force drain. He remembered an ancient Dark Jedi using the power to drain planets, and also knew how to use the Force to rip someone's life energy from their body. Not in such a scale, of course; much like with Force lightning, Avreet could hit just a few opponents at the same time. Draining an entire planet was not only impossible for him, but he also viewed it as extremely unethical and unnecessary.

He could hardly wait to read the Imperial Charter and Constitution, though he guessed he already knew that to some extent. What excited him even more was the vision of finally working alongside the famous Imperial Knights. He believed the two orders had much to learn from each other. Maybe if he applied some of the beliefs of the Imperial Knights into the Commandments of the Phoenix... Although he had already attempted to adjust the Sith beliefs and make them more civilized by adding the traditional Imperial code of honor and a bit of the Jedi control over their emotions, it still lacked something. Perhaps the Imperial Knights offered the answer? He definitely had to get in touch with them and discuss Force related matters, ranging from their views on the Dark Side and Sith to the Jedi question. Another gulp of tea, accompanied by a silent nod, gaze darting towards the datapad that required his signature.

"You are too kind," Avreet said, signing with little hesitation, "It is good when those who want to bring peace to the galaxy join forces like this. If only the Jedi and their Republic dogs finally let go of their insufferable prejudice and intolerance towards those who do not share their beliefs!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom