Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ascension: Part Two

BLneBE6.jpg
Patriot left the atmosphere of the living world of Dagobah, Mullarus at the helm and [member="Illaudata Renovare"] somewhere in the Charger-class Light Freighter waiting to dock. As the starship approached the Vanguard-class Heavy Cruiser, Mullarus hailed them. "This is Mullarus, my mission is complete." He waited a moment before he was shot a response. "Good to have you back, my lord."

The events that had taken place on the planet below had shaken Mullarus. Was he surprised his grandfather had arranged for his life to take such a dark turn simply for the satisfaction of training a child of his own blood to become Sith? No, he wasn't. He was angry at the elderly hermit for forcing him down this life he didn't want to live. There was no denying that Mullarus would return to Rakata Prime and slay his grandfather for what he had done. He didn't care if it would be below him to do so. He wouldn't let the man get away with manipulating his entire life for his own satisfaction.

Patriot docked at the hangar and Mullarus stood up from his seat in the cockpit, leaning over and speaking into a microphone that sounded across the starship so that his female guest would hear him. "We've arrived. Meet me at the loading dock." Once that was done, the Knight made his way down to the loading dock and took his guest down to one of the hangars of Paladin. Once there, three stormtroopers would be standing. "I didn't request a welcoming party. What are you troopers doing?"

The trooper in front spoke up, "Sir! Captain Jones ordered us to act as your personal entourage from here on out."

To which, Mullarus cocked a brow and shook his head, "Wha- Why? Why does the Captain think I need an entourage?"

"I do not know, sir, but he said it would be good to expose some of the newer recruits to the Sith we work under."

Mullarus sighed, not liking how important every one of his officers made him seem to his soldiers. He didn't want to be looked upon like a God, just as another fellow protector of the Empire. "Fine. Sound off."

The lead trooper in front saluted, "Corporal John Kelvin, sir! I have with me Private Konner Foster and Private First Class [member="Tormax Ategann"]. We're from Jackal Squad, sir!"

The two troopers in the back were new. Very new. A private first class, even? He must be fresh off the boat. "Very good, gentlemen. Fall in behind me. This girl is a guest here and will be treated with the same respect you show me and any other authority figure here." Come to think of it, Mullarus had never actually learned her name. Would she even remember that? He turned to her and asked anyway, "What was your name?"

Once she had come up with an answer, he would step away for a moment to contact his formal apprentice, [member="Abelain Narv'uk"]. If this girl wanted to 'follow him around and learn something', then he had an idea on how to test her worthiness of learning the Dark Side. Mullarus knew the tall, intimidating Sith Apprentice of his aboard Paladin. The vessel was much like a small town in terms of population and size, so wherever he was, he couldn't be more than fifteen minutes away. "Apprentice, I have brought a guest aboard Paladin. A Force-Sensitive. Meet me at our dueling chamber in ten." With that, Mullarus shut off his comlink and turned back to his new set of shadows.

"Come, there is much to do."

Life aboard the Paladin had been enjoyable thus far. There was an adequate amount of meals, it kept at a stable temperature which allowed for his cold-blooded self to remain active; albeit with quite frequent trips to areas of the engines that most individuals had to wear heat resistant equipment simply to enter, and training which had been effective and interesting. One of the only complaints that the Arue'tii had was that there was no system established for the blood consumption that occurred every month.

Thus far, the condition had been kept secret from the teacher, though it was inevitable that it would be discovered. While the teacher had been away on Dagobah, he had managed to acquisition several pieces of raw meat from which he had drained all fluid, leaving them with a pale and sickly coloration. The cuts of flesh were then stored away in a private locker, out of sight of the remainder of the crew. Abelain resolved that he would consume them at a later date before they had begun to rot.

The comm-link beeping nearly sent him into an alert, ready to combat whatever strange being was buzzing about his room. In a flash, he was reminded of the strange device which lay on a metallic desk in the far corner of the room. A quick glance around the nearly bare room re-assured Abelain that it was in fact the machine which was causing the ruckus. He leaned in to it, listening carefully to the only slightly tinny voice of the teacher.

Orders were to meet at their dueling chamber in ten, though a specific time limit was not placed after the number. Was he to meet in ten seconds? Unlikely. Ten minutes? That seemed much more reasonable, though he had just come back from a long trip, and so it could have been ten hours. It seemed unlike the teacher to set such a long time ahead however, and so Abelain began to make his way towards the dueling chamber, assuming that the median of the three time periods was the one selected.

The troopers passing by were becoming much better at staring, especially the ones that passed by more often than others. That was good, they were becoming more accustomed to his presence, always acceptable. He wondered with vague curiosity what the presence of the Force-sensitive girl was for, though he presumed that the answer would be revealed upon reaching the chamber.
[member="Knight Mullarus"] | [member="Tormax Ategann"] | [member="Illaudata Renovare"]

Tormax was just as confused as [member="Knight Mullarus"] when it came to the latter being assigned an entourage, especially one made up of two privates, one having arrived less than a week ago... that person being Tormax, who would have never thought of immediately being placed under the command of a Sith Knight, let alone going with said Knight acting as his "guards."

As Tormax continued to stare at his commander, he wondered if the Knight would ever actually need guards for anything. Whilst he had not seen Knight Mullarus fight, he had heard story of other siths skills, and did not doubt someone who was in charge of a force this big.

"...Private Konner Foster and Private First Class Tormax Ategann. We're from Jackal Squad, sir!"

Salute. Almost slipped up there... Stop thinking, pay attention. "Very good, gentlemen. Fall in behind me. This girl is a guest here and will be treated with the same respect you show me and any other authority figure here." Haven't seen her before...

Mullarus then walked away a few steps, and spoke into a comlink. Tormax could guess who was on the other side. While he wasn't here long, he had seen the commanders apprentice a few times. I'm surprised he needs to be trained at all. His enemies should just run at the sight of him. Mullarus turned back to the group. "Come, there is much to do."

They then made their way down hallways. When Tormax first arrived on the Paladin, he made sure to keep track of where he was going, and to try and remember where different ways led. However, the commander turned down a hallway that Tormax had never went down yet. Oh great. We're going somewhere I've never been, and have no idea where it leads. This will be... great... Tormax tried to calm his rising fear as they continued down the hallway.

[member="Abelain Narv'uk"] [member="Illaudata Renovare"]

Silently she had followed [member="Knight Mullarus"] simply in awe of the ship. She thought his personal ship was large, and now here they were, on a ship that -carried- the other ship. Course, she did wonder how she even knew what ships were when she didn't even know her own name. What had happened to her in that cave to make her head this fuzzy? Once they got onto the ship they were greeted by men in pure white and black, and carrying guns. Pure white soldiers? Unless it was a snow place, that didn't seem to tactically advantageous. Not that she'd comment on it given how outnumbered she was. How many others like them would be on this massive ship to begin with? That wasn't the most calming thought should this actually be a trap and she was going to be broken or killed. Course, given that the Knight had healed her she wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Oh. He had asked her name. Her eyes turned to the man as she simply shrugged. "I don't actually know or remember. So.. I'm not sure what you can call me." She hung her head for a moment, letting the reality of how much she had forgotten sink in. How could she know as much as she did, but not know something as simple as her name? What did she do to deserve this punishment? Rather then dwell too long on it though she picked up her head to once more look at her hopefully soon to be master. Dueling ring? That was a place to fight, who was fighting?

"Um.. Dueling ring? Are we going to begin right away with the training?" Truth be told, she was excited to begin that phase of all this. While she couldn't remember ever fighting or training, she could feel in her belly that it was something she'd love. Any sadness she felt about her memory was gone, replaced with the joy and anticipation for violence. At least she'd make a good Sith.

https://youtu.be/tucpB76sDvw​
The Knight gave the girl a skeptical look when she couldn't even remember her own name. How was he supposed to refer to her now? Girl? Blue? After a brief pause, he cleared his throat, "By the end of the day, you'll have a name. Even if I have to give you a new one myself. One worthy of a student of the Sith."

With that, he turned around and scanned the corridor before him. There were a couple of crew members roaming about, but what caught his eye was the mouse droid. There were about 1500, maybe two thousand droids aboard The Paladin to make up for the thousand missing in his Battlegroup to have an optimal number of crew managing his flagship. "Let this mark the beginning of your official Sith training then, acolyte. You will be tested repeatedly. If I find you unworthy, you will be discarded." With that, he lifted a hand, sending the mouse droid into the air and directly behind him at the aqua-haired girl. If she were able to move out of the way, it likely would slam into [member="Tormax Ategann"] instead, unless the PFC's reflexes were higher than the average Stormtrooper. The droid didnt fly at a velocity high enough to critically injure, but it would certainly hurt a frail girl with no armor.

As for the armored soldier, let's hope it is merely a slap on the wrist for him.

Whatever the reaction to Mullarus' first 'test', he would turn his head around and grin at the girl, "Understood?"

[member="Illaudata Renovare"]

"You'll find me a name? Alright, I can live with that. Got anything temporary? Maybe something simple, like Girl. Or Blue. I dunno." She would have continued on, if nit for the sudden mouse droid coming at her. She went wide eyed as she stumbled back, but she raised her own hand up in response. She didn't grip it, knock it away, anything. In fact, it didn't seem like she was going to do anything until the spear came ripping through the air. The blade would cut the droid in half before slamming into the far wall. And got stuck.

The two halves hit her regardless, though not as bad as it wood have originally. Her eyes shifted to the wall, embarrassed. Did she pass or fail? She honestly assumed she had failed, given the bruises forming on her arms from the droid. Even though it didn't hit hard, she was pretty frail for a human. "Sorry.."

Not quite shocked, but surprised was how Tormax felt when this frail looking girl with blue hair managed to slice the mouse droid in half. Didn't expect that... He failed to realize that the droid would have hit him if she dodged, so he didn't try to re-position himself.

[member="Knight Mullarus"] [member="Illaudata Renovare"] [member="Abelain Narv'uk"]

Without even having to look back at her, he heard two halves of a droid hit the ground, followed by a soft apology. He smirked and motioned, "Follow me, then."

Mullarus and his entourage would trudge down the corridors of The Paladin for a solid five to seven minutes, passing busy naval officers, stormtroopers, and working droids and crewmembers. The interior looked much like an old-fashioned star destroyer, lots of greys, silvers, blacks, and whites lining the halls. Mullarus hoped [member="Abelain Narv'uk"] would meet them all where he asked him to meet.

Eventually, they would come to a sealed door near the far edge of the Paladin. Mullarus waved a hand and entered. The room was about thirty feet wide with three stairsteps up leading to a dueling circle. It was lit by white lights along the ceiling, and even had a long window showing the black void of space outside a thick wall of durasteel. The far wall was lined with an assortment of wooden practice weapons, with swords, staves, and more of all shapes and sizes.

"Jackal squad stand by the door inside. Girl, stand in the circle. We are awaiting one more."

[member="Illaudata Renovare"] / [member="Tormax Ategann"]

Shame turned to confusion as [member="Knight Mullarus"] spoke. So then she did pass? Both hands went around to grip the spear through the Force once again, though this time she visibly strained to pull it from the wall. The sound of metal ripping against metal filled the hallway before she finally got the blade free. With the blade coming at her she stumbled back, catching it in her hands. Quickly she went after the Knight though, gripping the staff tightly. Her eyes wandered around the hallways, simply taking in the sights. Pretty dull.

Once they finally reached the training room Mullarus told her to step up into the ring. Part of her wished she could have been surprised, but she knew another test was gonna happen sooner rather than later. A nod, and she would step up, letting the spear float behind her. "So, I'm fighting someone right? Who?"

As the figure strode down the final corridor to it's destination, it couldn't help but to scent the air. There they were, the irony tang of their blood giving away their locations within the room. It was curious that one of them was stepping further away from the doorway, perhaps towards the ring. Answers would be revealed in due order.

Abelain stepped into the room, eyes already locked onto the young woman's position. His exterior mouth curled itself into it's defensive chitinous smile. He came to a stop inside of the room, giving a bow of his head to the teacher, red cape swirling about behind him. "Teacher, you have requested my presence. Who is the female?"

[member="Illaudata Renovare"] | [member="Knight Mullarus"] | [member="Tormax Ategann"]

"So, I'm fighting someone right? Who?"

Mullarus' grin widened as he leaned against the wall a few steps from [member="Tormax Ategann"], as he felt the looming presence of his apprentice, [member="Abelain Narv'uk"] draw near. Just as the door opened and he stepped inside, his opened his mouth to greet them. "The female is a new friend I have made. A force-sensitive with no recollection of who she is or why she is here. She thinks she wants to be a Sith. Apprentice, I hope you have brought a weapon with you, because I want you to fight her. Alone.

"As for you, girl, you clearly have an idea of what you're doing with Darth Ferus' spear there. You have the reflexes of a warrior, and if you think you are capable of becoming sith, face one just like yourself in single combat. Like you, Apprentice Narv'uk has emerged from a life of little to no exposure to the teachings of the Sith, nor the Empire. But observe, the seven-foot tall monster of a man with skin durable enough to withstand even the glance of a lightsaber. This alien's skin is his armor! There is not a man more worthy of learning the Dark Side than he.

"You want to be Sith, girl? Show me. Impress me. Maybe i'll take on a second apprentice and give the both of you the motivation I never had as a student of the Sith. Competition.

"Now, Apprentice, I give you permission to use everything I have taught you thus far against her. Do not kill her. She still has use for me. You may find her...an equal, and not inferior." Mullarus had spent many hours training his new apprentice, and had begun learning about his personality and how he knew people. The Arue'tii, like him, was a bit arrogant in how he constantly judged others and deemed them worthy of punishment or not. Abelain went a bit stronger on it, though, going as far as referring to people as how he defines them. Inferiors, equals, etc. It was a quality in the alien that Mullarus was glad he possessed. He could make a strong, intimidating leader one day.

With that, Mullarus took a seat on a nearby chair and waited for the two to begin. "Perhaps even you two privates can learn something today. This is who commands you. This is why we are to be respected. Who knows? Maybe one day, even both of you will be able to stand toe-to-toe with one such as us."

[member="Illaudata Renovare"]

"With him?" The female blinked up at [member="Abelain Narv'uk"] . Illa wasn't a tremendously small person, but as she looked up at the giant she couldn't help but feel tiny. Truthfully, it excited her. Deep down, as if it was just a primal urge to just fight. To face the odds, and win. Well, given that the alien had actual training compared to her, she'd probably loose. But it made the thrill just that much more. A wide grin took over her features as she raised her hand. The spear in the telekinetic grip spun, moving around from her back to inbetween herself and the monster of a man. "So be it. Any rules or anything I should be worried about? Like stepping out of the ring or such?" A sidelong glance was offered to [member="Knight Mullarus"] and [member="Tormax Ategann"] with the rest of the storm trooper entourage. They'd be watching her probably get the crap kicked out of her body. Maybe literally. She trembled as she watched the impressive alien. Skin that resisted lightsabers, strength far superior to a human. This didn't look like a good situation.

Abelain glanced between the teacher and the newly found opponent, and then gave a nod. Approaching the ring, he stepped in, cape fluttering gently behind him as he examined the female from a closer range. "You are meant to become equal?" The question was serious, with a flicker of surprise laden into it. The floating spear about the female seemed to reinforce the idea that she had at least some ability using the Force. As of yet, the Arue'tii had not done very extensive training with the Force, though his understanding of what several techniques did was growing.

Telekinetic ability seemed to allow for the wielding of objects of varying sizes and differing skill. It was like holding something from afar with one's mind, though, it did require concentration. The advantage presented itself to the Arue'tii that he did not need to concentrate on something such as telekinetic ability to strike a blow upon the female

Turning to the teacher once more as he neared the female, he gave a final interrogative statement. "Teacher, all of the weapons that I do possess are lethal instruments. If you wish for this one to survive, it might be best if I strike the female with a training weapon."

[member="Illaudata Renovare"] | [member="Knight Mullarus"] | [member="Tormax Ategann"]

Leaning back in his chair and tenting his hands, Mullarus nodded and gestured toward the wooden practice weapons on the far wall. "Very well. Take whichever you please. Both of you."

[member="Abelain Narv'uk"] / [member="Illaudata Renovare"] / [member="Tormax Ategann"]

"...Who knows? Maybe one day, even both of you will be able to stand toe-to-toe with one such as us."

Even though Tormax had a pretty good feeling that the commander wasn't too serious about this, a storm trooper being on the same level as a Sith, he intended to watch intently. No harm to watch and maybe learn a few things.

After seeing the girl take down the mouse droid, he now didn't think she was going to be totally destroyed by [member="Knight Mullarus"]' apprentice. Originally he didn't think the fight would last long, but maybe her ability with the Force could draw it out, but considering what the commander said about the hulking beings skin, he wasn't too confident in her ability to win if they were using training weapons.

Then again, she has blue hair and has been carrying around a spear with her mind. Nothing's impossible.

Tormax was tempted to lean against the wall, but did not. No need to risk getting chastised... especially with the commander in the room. So he stood alert, waiting for the fight to begin.

[member="Illaudata Renovare"] - [member="Abelain Narv'uk"]

Abelain nodded, twisting about and sending his cape fluttering to his side for a moment as he exited the ring and went to the rows of wooden armament. It took very little searching to find a staff, it was one of the most basic forms of wooden weaponry, and it would be non-lethal enough to allow for moderate to heavy blows. It was also useful as a weapon for it's eased balance of both offense and defense.

In truth, the Arue'tii did not intend to do very much dodging, blocking, or parrying. He did not need to. The opening introduction by the teacher had explained the reason. His hide was powerful, stronger than most organic beings, and by default that tended to make him the superior being. Their flesh was weak, and easily crippled with blows that did not even deserve mention by the explorer.

Stepping back into the ring, he spun the staff once, gently in his hand, testing it's weight and balance. Abelain gave a brief moment for the female to exchange weaponry or to prepare herself before continuing. The figure stared into the eyes of the female, it's smile still spread across it's face, eyes examining her in a predatory fashion. He would treat her with respect, if for nothing more than to please the teacher.

The being bowed his head to the female in the manner that many made before dueling or sparring matches. Abelain raised his head, his hand flicking down the length of the staff so that he held one end much like a hilt. Left foot inched forward, right holding it's position. The footing would allow for better torque upon the blow. The right hand twisted back and then slammed forward, much like a club, albeit with more range than the standard club.

Combat had begun.
[member="Tormax Ategann"] | [member="Knight Mullarus"] | [member="Illaudata Renovare"]

Wooden weaponry? Her eyes flicked over to [member="Knight Mullarus"] , disdain in her gaze. [member="Abelain Narv'uk"] already had an advantage with his hide, and now she was to be reduced to a stick? Ah well. A flick of the wrist sent the metal spear slowly to an open spot on the rack to nestle in, waiting for use. Once that was finished, she too grabbed a wooden shield, bringing it close to hover around her. The wooden weapons would have far from enough damage output to be used effectively, so the shield would be the best option. She'd use it for defense. Which left her wondering what she'd have to use for attack. She could grip things and move them, perhaps that's all it would take. Maybe.

Illa bowed her head in response to the alien doing so, figuring it was a form of respect in a fight. Those red eyes focused in on him now though, ignoring anyone else. He was the first to strike, sliding close to bring down the wooden staff. She could only bring up the shield, holding against the blow with nothing but the Force. Wood smacked against wood, and the shield held. But she didn't. Both of her arms were visibly shaking as she strained to keep the shield up. There was little else she could do now, just focusing completely on the defensive.

Abelain pulled his arm back once more, beginning another blow, and then another. He wailed down upon the shield, knowing good and well that the tiny female behind it would eventually fall if she continued in such a way. That was of no consequence to him, he intended to win, to prove to the teacher that this being was his inferior, not an equal as he had suggested. Still, it seemed unlikely that the female would simply allow him to continue, and he was wary of counterattack.

Another blow would arch towards the shield, each one was of the Shii-Cho technique, and aimed at either the right or left side with no deviation as of yet. They were predictable blows, intentionally predictable blows. When the latest blow would inevitably crack into the shield, the Arue'tii would pull in closer, curling his hand into a claw-like position, and then strike against the shield, dead on, hoping to send the female to the floor with the force of it.
"Come female, will you not last more than ten seconds? What pathetic inspirations well into your mind in this moment of battle?"
[member="Illaudata Renovare"] | [member="Tormax Ategann"] | [member="Knight Mullarus"]

Indeed, Abelain seemed to have a point. While the girl's method of wielding her shield with only telekinesis was unique, she didn't seem to be bothering to try and turn onto the offense. A shield could be an even more powerful weapon against the massive foe she faced, too. Why did she cower? She had promise, where was it? She has to. To survive a ruthless attack from a Sith Lord who had lost his mind, there must have been a reason she survived. It was as if the Force had brought her to him. There must have been something in her worth teaching.

"You're full of fear, girl, use it! Succomb to the Dark Side! Let it empower you!" he called, hoping to inspire her. While [member="Abelain Narv'uk"] was his formal apprentice, he knew he was well on his way to becoming Sith. He wanted this girl to present herself as a challenge to Abelain and help to drive him through competition, as well. "Embrace the Dark Side! Claim your name!"

[member="Illaudata Renovare"][member="Tormax Ategann"]

She was afraid. Terrified even. [member="Abelain Narv'uk"] 's one blow was enough to break bones. She could feel it, even though she wasn't actually being hit. Yet even to her core it thrilled her. A part couldn't help but relish the idea that this person could snap her like a twig. But he kept attacking the shield. He specifically targeted it, by the way it seemed. Even as she struggled to hold on, her mind raced. By the time the shield was weak and [member="Knight Mullarus"] spoke, something came to mind. As the curled hand of the monster came around she dropped her grip on the shield and slide to the side, away. Even as she panted despite no physical drain, she moved. And as the blow struck, one of her hands went around to him.

A simple grip was offered for his cloak, and a quick tug would try to wrap the cloth around his face, to cut off his eye sight. He probably had another way to feel her, but it was worth a shot none the less. Her free hand however was where most of her attention resets. Listening to the words of the Knight, Illa gripped one of the weapon racks themselves. Gritting her teeth, she'd rip it out, and send the metal frame right for the hopefully blind alien. Of course, if she couldn't blind him for any reason, she'd probably be over taken before she could even rip the frame free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom