Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ascending Isolation

Ebj93bR.png

Chavz Spaceport - Docking Bay 110

Ch'avz, Sposia

wtE0UXx.png

There was a buzz surrounding the preflight of the Shadow Hammer as supplies were ferried inside in preparation for the trip. A pair of Interstellar Shipping Security guards walked vigilantly around the Shadow Hammer, ensuring only those authorized were the ones going in and out of the ship. Malicar leaned against the cargo ramp, patiently looking over last minute astrogation specifics, ensuring the proper stops along their flight. A speeder bike was loaded inside, as well as containers of fuel and other cargo.

ZKm1kxO.png

Looking up, he saw the Sabosen family hover limo pull up to the Docking Bay entrance. Pushing himself off the cargo ramp, Malicar strode over. A pair of droids, pushed over a repulsor sled, ready to load her luggage on it to ferry the supplies up the cargo ramp. As Karisa exited the vehicle, the crimelord smirked and jested, “I am not sure how much you brought. We only have room for one bag. Perhaps only enough room for your bathing suits and lingerie, but we will try and make room for more I suppose…good afternoon, Karisa…”

gVylV75.png

[member="Karisa"]

Karisa

Brask'ari'sabosen (retired)
The story continues on from this previous thread.
QuDGXBn.png
Spaceport
Meeting [member="Malicar"] at Docking Bay 110
Midday
~
When the new day's sun rose over the top of the eastern snow-capped mountains and warmed the sleepy coastal city of Ch'avz, Brask'ari'sabosen had already been up for hours. Well, she actually hadn't gone to bed yet, though these days it wasn't uncommon for her to only get a few hours in at a time before nightmares assaulted her slumber. So, thank the Force for power naps on her a comfy, office couch and stimcaf. It was kinda like residency all over again.

After saying goodnight to Vesnam'alica'raith at the In'dulge Nightclub, the doctor had the limo driver take her back to the Sabosen family estate to change and pack for the impromptu trip that was coming up, then back into the capital city to her office at the R & D facility. There was just so much to attend to before she could leave Chiss Space on a medical supply run with the CEO of Interstellar Shipping, who had agreed to help her secure what was needed for the Ascendancy in the Known Regions.

As the family hover limo pulled up to the entrance of Docking Bay 110, suddenly the conversation between Brask'ari'sabosen and her assistant, who had ridden with the doctor to go over last minute details, stopped mid sentence. The look on the younger woman's blue-hued face was priceless. Ari turned her dark head and followed with her crimson eyes to where the assistant's ones were gazing... or more so whom they were gawking at through the tinted window.

"Are you sure you do not need me to accompany you, ma'am?" she asked in a rather dreamy, hopeful manner.

Ari had to bite the inside of her cheek to keep a similar look off her own face. The shipping tycoon really was a handsome specimen of a male Chiss, and the outfit Malicar wore certainly showed his well-maintained physique off without compromise.

"There is no need, Mer. I will be fine," the Sabosen daughter answered the trial-born confidently just before pushing the button to open the side door that would lift upward.

"Please tell my father that the Vesnam Noble's security detail is more than adequate, and that I will check in with him at our first stopover of the itinerary. The Syndic should be back from Csilla day after tomorrow," she nodded, then exited the limo with grace dressed in her traveling outfit that was neither her CMO uniform nor Ambassador robes. It was a joy to just be in her own skin as they say for a change.

The nicely fitted, black jumpsuit with light, aromorweave flex material in the fabric was accessorized with a long coat, a stylish utility belt that was slung low off her shapely hips, and a pair of knee-high black leather boots with a low heel for practicality sake. There were straps on each tone thigh, but the paired Charric pistols that could be holstered there were not attached at this time; the gifted Chiss-crafted fine weapons from Mitth'oru'sabosen upon his daughter's graduation from the academy were with the markswoman though amongst her belongs presently.

"Hello, Malicar. Good afternoon to you as well," Ari greeted with a friendly smile as she closed the distance on him where he was standing. "I have learned to pack light over the years so I only have the one carry on with a medical bag, and my briefcase of course," she added, tapping the large, leather tote bag hanging from her shoulder.

"As for the other things mentioned... Well, that is for me to know and you to find out as human's say," she winked subtly with a soft chuckle just before long legs took Karisa past the two security guards and towards the Shadow Hammer's lowered boarding ramp.

This certainly was going to be an adventure, and one she looked most forward to.

Ebj93bR.png

Ch'avz, Sposia

wtE0UXx.png

Malicar fell in step behind the Sabosen noble. As he did so, the pair of Eclipse Consortium enforcers followed suite. Malicar and Karisa continued down the corridor until they got in the cockpit of the Shadow Hammer, closing the blast door behind them.

Malicar gestured to the co-pilot seat, which Karisa slid into. He slid into the pilot’s seat and began to quickly run through last second diagnostics. The ship had already gone through pre-flight. Malicar simply fired up the powerful sublight engines, feeling the modified light freighter roar to life. He looked over at Karisa and said quietly, “Go ahead and take us out. She has some thrust behind her, so easy on the accelerator…”

The crimelord sat back and allowed his companion to get them going…

U35yzO4.png

gVylV75.png

[member="Karisa"]

Karisa

QuDGXBn.png
Ch'avz, Sposia
Spaceport - Docking Bay 110
Aboard the Shadow Hammer w/[member="Malicar"]
Departing
_
The light freighter the Vesnam Noble used for his personal ship was nicely appointed and well, unique. It really did look like a hammerhead shark from its profile, but the doctor thought he'd probably heard that comment before so she kept the thought to herself and just gave Malicar a gracious nod, taking the offered seat to the right of his in the cockpit.

Karisa wasn't expecting to be given the controls to take them out, but did not hesitate when given the chance to fly the man's baby. The Sabosen wasn't an ace pilot by any means, but was accomplished in the task nonetheless thanks to her father's insistence she be self sufficient and able to take care of herself. Her brief training at the academy had only gone over the basics, but the Syndic pushed her become more skilled both in piloting and weapons training. Ari was a crack shot as well, though her hand-to-hand combat was still a work in progress.

"I would be honored, Malicar, and I will keep that in mind," Ari smiled, then finished strapping in and put on the headset all the while familiarizing herself with the flight console. It had a normal set up, but had a lot more bells and whistles with the heavy modifications obviously done to the light freighter to bring it up to the high standards of the shipping tycoon no doubt.

"Okay, we are cleared for take off. Here we go!" she said with a quick glance over to the handsome Chiss, then Karisa feathered the controls and engaged the sunlight engines just so to take them up and away from the spaceport; passing over the Sabosen family estate briefly on their outbound route from Ch'avz and into Sposia's upper atmosphere.

"You are not kidding. The ol' girl is a rambunctious sort," came a light quip from the blue-skinned beauty's lips as the ship vectored easily towards their jump point with a quick giddy-up.

"I like her though, a very nice vessel indeed."

Ebj93bR.png

Ch'avz, Sposia

wtE0UXx.png

Malicar clapped and quipped, "We will make a pilot out of you yet, dear Karisa. My security retinue will take the common room to lodge. I have made arrangements for you to take the stateroom to the right out of the cockpit. It has its own fresher. The transit should take us 4 days. I am sure we will find something to occupy our time. Do make yourself at home. My security is used to my having guests aboard, so do not concern yourself with them."

2W77ch1.png

The Chiss quickly double-checked the astrogation, before he triggered the Shadow Hammer and sent it into hyperspace. He added, "We will make a few wine stops on the way...I will be in my quarters if you need me. My stateroom is the one to the left when you exit the cockpit.

gVylV75.png

Karisa

Karisa

QuDGXBn.png
Hyperspace
In Transit to Dremulae - Beginning of Day 1
_
"I am glad I could live up to your expectations behind the controls," Ari retorted in a light hearted fashion, holding their current heading as they neared their exit from Sposia orbit. "Thank you though for allowing me to fly her. It was exhilarating."

When the nav computer was ready for the jump to lightspeed, its chime echoed in the cockpit. Malicar, who seemed in good humor on her account, took over control of the ship and pulled the hyperdrive level back when things were set, sending the Shadow Hammer into hyperspace with a nice transition; hardly any shimmy noted.

Guests, hmm... I bet, but did they get the honor like she had? Ari thought with amusement.

Karisa unbuckled her crash webbing, then stood from the co-pilot's chair, picking up her briefcase tote that she had set off to the side. "Stateroom to the right, got it, and that sounds like a plan," the Sabosen nodded appreciatively.

"Well if you will excuse me, I will retire for now," she said, flashing a small smile at the Vesnam, then the doctor exited the cockpit and turned right to walk down the short corridor passing the Tech and Medical suites before entering her assigned cabin where the luggage brought was waiting for her.

The bedroom was small yet nicely appointed. There was a full-size bunk with a small desk nearby and an ample footlocker next to the fresher door. A horizontal viewport ran along the bunk, though right now all one could see were the blue-white streaks of hyperspace outside. Karisa closed the curtains, then pulled off her boots followed by slipping out of the long coat that covered the jumpsuit worn. With a tug of the zipper, it was taken off too and all laid out neatly upon the back of the desk chair. The bed then called her name at that point so she pulled back the covers and slipped in-between the 600 count sheets in her underthings. The mattress was pretty comfy and the pillow... Well as soon as her dark-head fell upon it, that was that. Exhaustion had finally won.

Upon awaking after a few hours of much needed rest, Karisa took a shower and redressed just in the jumpsuit without the long coat. Leaving her berth, she made her way down the long starboard corridor to the lounge as the doctor was in need of some nourishment and a caffeine fix.

When the Chiss beauty walked in, one of the security personnel was siting at the table cleaning his weapon. The other one was in his rack along the side of the common room watching something on his data pad in hand. The one at the table dressed in only his body glove as the armor was off started to stand up, but she motioned for him to stay seated.

"Sorry to disturb you men. I am just going to grab something to eat and drink, then I will be out of your hair," Ari offered apologetically as the tall, female Chiss moved directly over to the galley section. A pre-made meal was picked out and placed into the auto chef, then while it cooked she poured herself a cup of caf.

"Hopefully there is some cream... " she mumbled quietly to herself while reaching for the handle of the cooling unit.

Ebj93bR.png

The Shadow Hammer

Hyperspace Enroute to Dremulae - End of Day 1
wtE0UXx.png

Malicar flipped through the dozens of reports he received daily. It was not an easy job running an intergalactic shipping company and overseeing a crime syndicate at the same time, but that was what good help was for. Those closest to him in the Eclipse Consortium were considered his “trusted” and ran the massive crime organization in their individual areas of control. Competent executives, with droid aid, were able to run the day to day operations of Interstellar Shipping, but Malicar always ran point in negotiations. He allowed a few of his trusted employees to attend such meetings in the past in his stead and Malicar always found himself frustrated with the contracts they brought back—so he decided that was area he had to see to personally. On the unlawful side, betrayals, backdoor deals, and new systems of operation always required his personal touch.​
The reports were summaries from each area of influence, be it business or crime. The reports coming from his criminal realms of influence were coded and seemed like love letters to the untrained eye. But they provided a wealth of information to the crimelord in the form of periodic updates. In addition, Malicar still received intelligence briefs from the Chiss Expeditionary Intelligence Division (CEID) as well as Corellian Naval Intelligence (CNI). As a supporter of both of these sovereignties, he would feed information as it came when it concerned their collective security. In return, he was given a bit of a longer leash in his operations within their borders.​
Some time had passed since analyzing the reports and sending responses back on necessary decisions. The crimelord rubbed his eyes and got up. He went to his small refrigerated unit, scooped up a pair of glasses and a a different bottle of Roonadan, this one a bit more subtle in flavor with a hint of fruit. Padding over, he was in loose black pants and a loose black tank top, all for comfort. Malicar chimed the door on Karisa’s stateroom close to midnight…​
As she opened the door, he quipped, “I have a sister bottle of Roonadan from the one we drank a few nights ago that desperately needs our attention…”

gVylV75.png

[member="Karisa"]

Karisa

QuDGXBn.png

Hyperspace
Aboard the Shadow Hammer w/Malicarhttp://starwarsrp.net/user/20825-malicar/
In Transit to Dremulae - End of Day 1
_

When the door chime rang to her stateroom, it brought Karisa out of her studious revere with a slight start. After eating her meal, the doctor had changed into something more comfortable, then dove head first into reviewing the many medical journals she'd brought with her to pass the time while they were traveling through hyperspace. The Chiss noble gazed at her wrist chrono and saw that it was almost midnight standard time. She didn't hear any outward commotion or klaxons so it probably wasn't something serious. It meant more likely than not this was a social call of some sort, and the only one on the Shadow Hammer that would do that was tall, dark, and handsome.

"Coming, one moment please," Ari called out, slipping off her reading glasses and placing them into their case next to her on the bed before putting them and the data pad used back into her briefcase tote bag that was on the floor leaning against the bunk frame.

Karisa swung her long legs off the bed where she had been relaxing up against stacked pillows atop the covers, then pushed up off the mattress and padded over to the door in bare feet. She took a quick second to smooth over her velour outfit, then with a breath taken and blown out in a calming fashion the cabin door was opened. A slow smile grew brighter on her blue-hued face as crimson eyes made the once over of Malicar standing there in his casual attire as well with a bottle and two wine glasses in hand.

"Well then, how fortunate your timing is... I could really use a break from my studies, and that is something I would not mind giving attention to. Do come in, please," came the gracious invite into her small domaine while taking a step back to allow the Vesnam through the door.

The Sabosen suddenly had a funny feeling this was either going to be a great idea or a bad one as she clicked the door shut and turned to face Malicar once again. Ari bit the inside side of her cheek to keep a girlish grin from forming at the corners of her mouth as the shipping tycoon's glowing red eyes met hers. That warm sensation he elicited in her the night they were at the nightclub in downtown Ch'avz dancing together returned under his delicious gaze.

"I take it everything is going well with the ship and we are running on time?" Ari asked making small talk to distract from the obvious chemistry building between them.

Ebj93bR.png

The Shadow Hammer

wtE0UXx.png

"Well then, how fortunate your timing is... I could really use a break from my studies, and that is something I would not mind giving attention to. Do come in, please,"

Malicar dipped in a small bow as he crossed the threshold. Placing the glasses on her dresser, he deftly pulled a small device from his pocket, which promptly peeled the top off the wine. Picking up the bottle, he poured wine into both glasses, filling it hallway up the glass. With deft hands, he slipped his fingers onto the stand on the glass and swirled the liquid to breathe some air into the aged wine.

0Y217uZ.png

"I take it everything is going well with the ship and we are running on time?"

Plucking a glass in each hand, he brought one over to Karisa, “Yes, the Hammer is running well and we are on time.”

He gently sat down on her bed and tapped the space next to him, “Come…sit.”

Once she did so, Malicar locked eyes with her and sipped his wine as he did so. There was an intense attraction that existed between the two Chiss...of that he was sure. The energy between them was near palpable, but the Vesnam noble held his impulses in check. House Sabosen was a ruling house and Lady Karisa was held in high esteem. An advance by a minor noble on an influential noble would be discussed and analyzed for many months—especially if the advance was rebuked. It was a delicate balance between what was acceptable and what was not. But Malicar did feel that if his advance was not accepted, Karisa would not attempt to ruin him, which she could with well placed words. For now, he would do what he said he was going to do – share wine with a newfound ‘friend’ on a trip…

“Anything on your ‘bucket’ list for Dremulae. Business will be no problem—we will make the connection for your medical supplies. I mean more…pleasure oriented. After all, you cannot travel to Dremulae and not make an attempt at relaxation…”

gVylV75.png

[member="Karisa"]

Karisa

QuDGXBn.png

Hyperspace
_

Karisa swirled the dark liquid around gently in the bowl of the wine glass and gave the bouquet released a quick sniff, then took a sampling sip. A pleased smile graced the Sabosen's face as she stepped across the room following Malicar over to the bed that would suffice as a couch for them in her small stateroom.

"Mmm... This bottle of Roonadan is a near perfect twin of the one we shared at the nightclub, though I would say there are a few more fruity notes appreciated," Ari commented while taking a seat next to the Vesnam; making sure on principle there was an appropriate distance placed between the two single Chiss as they conversed further.

Pleasure orientated? Well, that was a loaded good question to ask. Karisa hadn't really thought about that per se with the trip being rather impromptu. After all, the doctor's main task was to secure the medical supplies needed and to make sure they were delivered back to the Ascendancy post haste.

The CEDF's recent past battles with the Jenari Sith, pirates, Killiks, and Ssi-ruuk had taken their toll on the military men and women, and the means to keep them alive and in good-fighting status, not to mention the civilian populations on Chiss worlds affected by invasions as well. Copero was still reeling and rebuilding from the devastation as was Sarvachi and Noris. Csilla was the only one that was back to normal now. Course it was the CA's seat of government and strength too so all resources had been put into its recovery first.

"I suppose what any other tourists would do... See the sights, partake in Dremulae's natural amenities, sample the planet's offerings. I am assuming being a water world the seafood delicacies are rather good, hmm?" she smiled, then the Chiss beauty took another sip of the dark wine.

"What do you like to do for pleasure there, Mailcar, or is it all business for you being it is where your company's headquarters are located?"

Ebj93bR.png

The Shadow Hammer

wtE0UXx.png

Smirking, the crimelord responded, "So it sounds to me like the lady wishes for good wine, fine food, and perhaps some dazzling sites? We will make sure this happens..."

Taking a another sip, he looked over at Karisa and answered, "Me? It is usually business for me. The extent of my 'pleasure' is looking out the office window for a few moments, but then back to work."

A soft chime rang from the crimelord's chronometer he had placed next to the door. Clarifying, he said, "Ah, it seems we are a few hours from our next stop: Wizar II. We will take a quick stop to pick up a case of their most well-known wine and then be on our way..."

Looking over as he took another sip, he stared at her with a mischievous smile and responded, "But to answer you question about this trip...I fully intend on taking the time to enjoy the planet a bit with you...if you can be seduced into loosening up and having a bit of fun for a spell."

The double entendre hung in the air. It was clear at this point that what happened next was clearly up to her...

gVylV75.png

[member="Karisa"]

Karisa

QuDGXBn.png

Hyperspace
_

"I am guilty of the same, though my distraction is the beauty of the Great Sea of Sposia while I am working ever so diligently," Ari nodded in an empathetic way. They both seemed to be workaholics in their respective fields, though the shipping tycoon's had an air of excitement and adventure to which hers did not.

"And yes, I suppose that is a good way to summarize my desired interests while visiting Dremulae, well other than the main reason for the trip that is. Securing the much needed medical supplies for the Ascendancy is my priority of course," the doctor assured with a soft chuckle to follow.

A chime echoed in the small stateroom and it brought the doctor out of her momentary reverie. Wow... They were already through the Redoubt with Chiss Space in their rear view it seemed. The Shadow Hammer's hyperdrive was indeed as fast as the Vesnam claimed.

"Wizar II? I have not heard that name dropped since my academy days studying the star charts of the galaxy. If I remember correctly, it is a largely unknown terrestrial planet at the edge of Wild Space... Who would have ever thought the primitive Uroths had a winery there especially worthy of your attention and fine tastes? A grand find, if so," Ari quipped lightly, then took another sip of the rare Roondan wine they were indulging in.

This was quickly becoming addictive... though was it just the drink or the company more so?

Malicar's intense gaze with a sly grin haunting his wine-moistened lips sent a chill down the Sabosen's spine... as well as his words that accompanied the look. He definitely was already attempting to seduce Ari, and low and behold she was finding the continued interest from the good-looking man likable and dare say fun to even think about entertaining the his subtle yet notable advancements.

"I am sure there will be much to enjoy there for both of us," she replied, then finished off the last of the dark liquid in her glass; standing afterwards and moving towards the door of her stateroom as it was an indication this late night visit was coming to a close.

Looking to the charismatic Chiss from the doorway, Karisa flashed him a small smile. "Well, thank you for sharing your wine once again with me, Malicar. I appreciate your thoughtfulness in the gesture of good will."

Ebj93bR.png

The Shadow Hammer

wtE0UXx.png

Malicar listened to Karisa as she spoke, understanding some of the similarities they shared. He added, “Indeed, Wizar II is one of many planets off many charts that has a few commodities worthy of stopping in for, wine being one of them.”

"I am sure there will be much to enjoy there for both of us."

Karisa finished the glass and stood. It was not hard to know this phase of the evening had come to a close.

Malicar stood as she stood, being the gentleman. She walked over and stood by the door.

"Well, thank you for sharing your wine once again with me, Malicar. I appreciate your thoughtfulness in the gesture of good will."

Malicar bowed slightly, flashing her a grin.

She cannot leave her nobility for one instant. This will never work...

His face did not betray his thoughts in the least. He concluded as he left, “Of course. My escorts will dock us shortly and fetch the wine for us. No need for us to be up for such a rendezvous. Have a pleasant eve and see you in the morning. Dremulae will be here before we know it.”

With that, the crimelord exited the room with the door sliding closed behind him. The smile faded. He made his way across the passageway to his stateroom.

The Masquerade Ball and now this eve—two rebukes is enough for me to get the hint and know that I am done with this one…

Silently, the crimelord chastised himself for allowing himself to get close to another being. Malicar would get the Sabosen Chiss her supplies and they would go their separate ways.

To have expected anything different was naïve. Never again…

He approached his bed and sat upright, waving his arm in the air as he did so, causing light to fill the dark room. Charts, graphs, numbers and diagrams filled the space of the room. He went over his business interests in Wizar II. While wine was certainly a fringe benefit of the backwater planet, there were a pair of merchants on that dustball that owed Malicar credits. When they landed, he would see to collecting their debts...personally.

gVylV75.png

[member="Karisa"]

Karisa

QuDGXBn.png

Hyperspace
In Transit to Dremulae - Day 4
_

You've heard of nothing is worst than a woman scorned? Well, try a man who always gets what he wants and doesn't... They pout like a baby! Or in this case, give the cold shoulder.

The frosty vibes coming from Malicar were near Csilla temperatures, but Karisa took it all in stride. The best things in life were those one were patient for or so her father said. Delayed gratification it was called, but the wait or keeping the hope alive that it may still happen, well that in itself was a challenge. It was so easy to take the route of least resistance... but usually it was a cheapened version or so her father said, and to which Ari had found true by trial and error.

On the morning of the fourth and last day of travel to their Deep Core destination, Karisa got up early and went to the galley to make a nice breakfast spread for the shipping tycoon and his security crew. It was a peace offering of sorts. The Sabosen made sure to leave the hatch open so the flavorable aromas waffled throughout the 'Hammer. The quickest way to a man's heart was through their stomach, or so her father said, but in reality she just wanted to be on speaking terms again. I mean, there was still business to attend to regarding the medical supplies after all.

The food was placed on the lounge table, and now it was just a matter of time before mice would come to the cheese.

mW6qhRR.png
The Shadow Hammer

Hyperspace Enroute to Dremulae - End of Day 4

The four days of travel had gone quickly. The Shadow Hammer made two more quick stops along the way with the security contingent coming back with a case of wine on each stop. Malicar stayed buried in his work . A new initiative that he was batting around with came full circle. One of their stops was Osadia. While it was a remote forest planet, it was once home to the New Generation Academy…which was a nice name for a slaving operation. But things went sour years ago and that was the end of that. Small settlements had cropped up since that time centuries ago and simply serves as a backwater planet. A few debts were settled, the wine acquired, and they were back on their way.

On the final leg of their journey, Malicar came down the passageway to be met with the aroma of well-prepared and cooked breakfast. While Karisa may had thought that he was untoward to her because of his failed “advance”, it truly was not that at all. He was genuinely busy. The lack of pursuit on his end just freed up more time for him to work. If they happened, it would happen…

But it was clear she was extending a bit of an olive branch. Malicar appreciated the gesture, truly. While fancy restaurants had their appeal, so too did a meal prepared by a Chiss woman. Malicar was the early riser of the group, so he entered the galley first.

All smiles, the crimelord entered and observed, “That delicious smell has never filled the passageways of the Shadow Hammer. What a pleasant surprise.”

As he walked by, he put a gentle hand on her shoulder appreciatively as he walked by towards the small table that could be used as a dining area in a pinch. Before sitting, he clapped his hands together, “What can I do to help?”

[member="Karisa"]

Karisa

QuDGXBn.png

Hyperspace
_

It didn't take too long for the first hungry appetite to respond to the Sabosen's summons. The breakfast would consist of light and fluffy scrambled eggs, diced hash browns with peppers and onions, nerf sausages, and toast with something extra special in a basket to top things off. Oh, and of course caf!

Karisa was standing at the galley counter getting ready to pour a cup of freshly made caf when the shipping tycoon entered. As Malicar passed by on his way to the lounge table where the food was laid out, he touched her shoulder gently with appreciation noted in the gesture and a smile that reached his crimson orbs.

"Well, there is a first for everything, hmm, and I am glad you think so. My pleasure," Ari offered back with a small smile of her own. "I like to cook so it was not too hard to whip up something for you... and your men."

She grabbed another mug from the cupboard, then filled them both. After putting a splash of cream into hers, the doctor walked over to the table and placed the Vesnam's straight black one next to the plate before him, then she took the seat adjacent to his around the corner.

"Nothing for you do other than eat, and enjoy the company," Ari grinned softly before taking a sip of the steaming, milky black liquid, then added quickly after swallowing.

"I mean you have been such a busy boy we have hardly had time to speak since that first night, though I do understand," she offered with a knowing glance of her glowing reds, then a small, blue-hued hand reached out for a cloth-covered basket of just-baked blumfruit muffins and passed it over to him, opening it up. They were a favorite of hers as a breakfast treat.

"Muffin? So how are things going for your business concerns, if I may ask? By the way, thank you for obtaining the wine at each of your stops. I appreciate the extra effort to do so," she nodded, taking a blue-berry danish for herself.

mW6qhRR.png
The Shadow Hammer

Hyperspace Enroute to Dremulae - End of Day 4

The crimelord nodded with a grin as he received the cup of caf and took a seat. Karisa sat across from him in a splendid mood, which was a bit contagious. Malicar had been up for a few hours now getting work done, but he certainly didn’t wake up with a smile on his face. The surprise breakfast managed to pull the good mood forth.

"Nothing for you do other than eat, and enjoy the company. I mean you have been such a busy boy we have hardly had time to speak since that first night, though I do understand.”

Finishing the sip of caf he was working on, he replied, “My apologies. I certainly did not mean to be an abysmal host. It is not often I have guests for more than an evening or two. This is a rare treat that I am allowing to slip away from me. My shipboard hospitality should never suffer due to work. My apologies, truly.”

There was perhaps another layer of apologies included in that last statement, at least from the look he gave Karisa, it would seem so.

The Sabosen noble offered a muffin and with a thankful nod, he took the treat.

“So how are things going for your business concerns, if I may ask? By the way, thank you for obtaining the wine at each of your stops. I appreciate the extra effort to do so.”

Malicar looked at her for a moment. There was a moment where he was not sure which business she was referring to. With it just being the two of them for a moment, he spoke freely, “It was my pleasure acquiring the wine for us. We will make fine use of it. Business? The shipping business is good. I have secured a pair of really large contracts lately. Very profitable, but certainly risky for my employees—I am running freight and war materials for the Mandalorian Empire…”

Taking another sip of his caf, he continued, “As for my other business, I had to collect debts that were owed on the three stops we made. While wine was collected at each stop, there were those I do business with who did not honor their contracts and deals made with my organization, so I stopped in personally to remind them of their delinquency and that my grace given to them was at an end…unfortunate affairs, but necessary ones.”

The crimelord was not sure why he told her about his other business, but he did feel the urge to not obscure the reasoning behind the trio of wine stops. While he was sure that she suspected there was more to it, he did not care to mislead her. He knew he felt very comfortable with Karisa...which bothered him.

What am I doing speaking of such matters with her?

[member="Karisa"]

Karisa

QuDGXBn.png

Hyperspace
_

"Apology accepted, though no harm, no foul. I should be thanking you instead as the solitude allowed me to catch up on much neglected reading and deprived sleep as of late. I am sure as time goes other opportunities to interact will avail themselves. To be honest, I was not too worried yours truly had forgotten me... I mean, here you are now," the doctor smiled softly while placing a napkin across her lap, then she began to peel away the paper cup lining from the muffin's sides almost in a surgical manner.

Karisa half suspected there was more to the Vesnam's business deals than just his shipping enterprises. Malicar had a way about him that led the Sabosen to believe this truth even before he allowed an opening for her to perhaps read between the lines just now. He was not your typical Chiss to start with. Maybe that is why the man appealed to her in the worst way... or was that a good way?

Either way it meant trouble for the Chiss noble and would take careful consideration going forward of what she wanted, needed, and desired from and of him. It didn't help that upon Karisa's return, her father most likely would be officially named the Aristocra of House Sabosen, which translated to her future would soon be out of her hands with the family's best interests taking priority over her own wishes and dreams. It was just the way of the Chiss especially those that adhered to the ideals of the Red Flame and of a ruling class family.

After taking a bite of the blue-berry danish, she washed it down with another sip of caf to give a reply.

"That unfortunately is the ugly side of such business ventures. I have seen my father having to deal with that very aspect regarding family matters while House Syndic and now acting Aristocra in Sev'ero'sabosen's steed. I am sure though the rewards are well worth the hardships someone has to endure for the good of the company and/or family even."

Boy was she rambling. Usually Karisa was much more measured in conversation. Malicar tended to make her a bit more reckless in though and deed. The way he made her feel at the nightclub while the two danced.... Well, it was like she was in an alternative dimension or maybe that was just her way of escaping reality.

"So when do you anticipate we will be arriving at Dremulae? I guess I am anxious to square away the medical supplies of course, and yes, excited to see this tropical paradise you have spoke of figuratively calling it your home away from home."

mW6qhRR.png

The Shadow Hammer

Planet of Dremulae - End of Day 4

"That unfortunately is the ugly side of such business ventures. I have seen my father having to deal with that very aspect regarding family matters while House Syndic and now acting Aristocra in Sev'ero'sabosen's steed. I am sure though the rewards are well worth the hardships someone has to endure for the good of the company and/or family even."

If she was rambling, it did not seem to unduly affect the Vesnam noble. He responded in understanding, “Quite so. In fact, Vesnam’okunn’raith, my Uncle and governor of House Vesnam is gathering allies and favors to make a play for House Syndic. I wear that title now, but I understand his desire—I am never there. So he skulks in the shadows and curries favor before he makes his power grab. I expect to have attempts on my life in the next few weeks. Such is the way of my house. Ironically, if he would have asked, I would have relinquished the title. My neglect of House Vesnam is beginning to show. Unfortunately, I do not believe this is just a power grab from my Uncle…I believe there is more to it, but I do not know what it is…yet.”

Only a few knew this was occurring in House Vesnam—he had not told his sister and his cousin yet, but they were away from Kinoss and in the core worlds. He had already sent them a message. Malicar spoke on this matter as if he was speaking about the weather. It did not seem to bother him that his Uncle was attempting to make a play for House Syndic and it did not seem to bother him that there would be attempts on his life…what seemed to bother the crimelord was that there was more at play—and he had not figured it out yet.

But he kept on speaking as if it were a simple matter and addressed the present. In some ways, with House Vesnam, it was simply another say at the office…

"So when do you anticipate we will be arriving at Dremulae? I guess I am anxious to square away the medical supplies of course, and yes, excited to see this tropical paradise you have spoke of figuratively calling it your home away from home."

Malicar grinned broadly and as if it were a cue in a theater performance, the Shadow Hammer slipped out of hyperspace. Standing, he waved her towards the cockpit, scooping up his caf as he went, “Your timing is impeccable, dear Karisa…”

Letting her go first, the pair made their way to the cockpit. The pair of sentries were already manning the pilot and co-pilot chair, seeming to opt out of disturbing the pair’s breakfast. Malicar said to them, “Lady Sabosen has prepared breakfast for you—go get some before it gets cold. I will take it in from here…”

There was no hesitation. The pair of Chiss unsnapped their harnesses and thanked Karisa as they slipped down the hall to finish off the delicious breakfast Karisa prepared. Malicar slid into the pilot’s seat and gestured for Karisa to sit beside him in the co-pilot’s chair.

5c7FqRF.png
The planet of Dremulae glistened in the distance as the Shadow Hammer made its approach. Malicar punched in a series of authorization codes and was cleared for landing—there was no need for words to be exchanged between the shipping mogul and Interstellar Shipping’s Headquarters. He continued, “Again, I much prefer the real thing than the virtual trips they take on this planet. However, I was amazed at how many humans are risk adverse, have a fear of flight, or simply did not enjoy the ‘inconvenience’ of a physical experience. Strange lot, humans…”

The Shadow Hammer thrust through the atmosphere, shuddering as it penetrated the planet’s natural protections from the vacuum of space. As they emerged from the black of space and into the atmosphere, it was sunset where they entered as the Shadow Hammer skimmed the surface of the ocean and it quickly reached coastline.

1KO8wvh.png
Malicar said quietly as his glowing orbs took in the sight in front of them, “This never gets old to me…”

Long shadows stretched across the ocean as the light mixed with the clouds to create a spectrum of color and brilliance. Eventually, a portion of the coastline revealed a fully developed island a short distance off the coast of the mainland. The owner of Interstellar Shipping looked over to Karisa and said with pride, “Welcome to Interstellar Shipping Headquarters on Dremulae…”
cIfuhro.jpg

[member="Karisa"]​

Karisa

QuDGXBn.png

Arrival at Dremulae - End of Day 4
_

"Such is the way of any of our houses really" Ari remarked as it was a fact of life for the Chiss probably like most societies if honest. "All you and yours can do is strive to be smarter and more cunning while staying at least two moves ahead of them."

There were a few amongst the Sabosens that had radical views and visions for Sposia. They had been quietly plotting to overthrow the conservative Sev'ero'sabosen for years. Up to this time he had won the day with his steadfastness and solid leadership through the turbulent years of the One Sith, Iron Empire, and Jen'ari occupations. After his stroke though and perceived weakness with the transition of power to the heir apparent, Mitth'oru'sabosen, those conspirators saw blood in the water and were readying themselves to strike. But, Karisa's father had countermeasures already set in motion as well. He would not go down easily as the Aristocra title came to him. There were plans to cut the legs out from under the coup agitators. House Intel had uncovered evidence that the humiliated and exiled Qell family were most likely behind the scenes stirring the embers of revenge. Time would only tell though who would in the end wield the power of the prominent Ruling House.

"Really? I did not realize we were that close. I seem to have lost all track of time it seems," she expressed with pleasant surprise noted in her voice and a soft chuckle. Standing as well, Karisa picked up her mug of only half-drank caf, then turned to lead the way out of the lounge and down the corridor to the cockpit as he motioned for her to do.

After arriving, the two men manning the flight controls eagerly changed positions with them especially after hearing there was a 'home cooked' meal waiting for them. Rations and reheated items in the auto chef were tolerable for a day or two, but did leave a lot to be desired.

"Thank you, ma'am," they nodded appreciatively while passing by.

"You are most welcome," Ari replied before the men exited the cockpit and closed the hatch.

The view was spectacular as the Shadow Hammer decanted from hyperspace in system and approached the Deep Core world. As the ship broke down through Dremulae's atmosphere, the setting sun's radiant beauty upon the land and water reminded her of those seen from the Saobsen estate on the western shores of the Great Sea of Sposia.

"I can definitely see why you are so attracted to this place, Malicar, and your headquarters are perfectly located to take advantage of the natural beauty it offers. I am impressed so far," she looked over with a smile gracing her lips and sincerity etched in her glowing red orbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom