Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aru'e, aalar ner marev (Enemy, feel my fist) Mandalorians Only

Texam Halion

T
Texam was tired of always receiving dirty looks. Anyone who saw her on Onderon held some sort of grudge against her. It wasn't that the glares hurt her feelings or anything, they were just getting extremely annoying. With her helmet off, she met each glare with her own, which was much icier than the rest. She sat down at the bar of a cantina in this tiny town she was passing through. The prejudicial tensions were definitely running high here. She asked for a simple drink, but the bar tender simply glared at her. "We don't serve your kind here," He said coldly. Texam clenched her jaw. She reached over the bar and pulled him toward her until she was close enough to his face to smell his breath. "Unless you want your blood to paint the wall, feir'fek, you'll get me a frakking drink!" She hissed through her teeth. She lightly shoved him back to his place behind the bar. He stood stunned for a moment, but got her an ale all the same. He passed it to her with a look of disgust. She didn't drink it because she suspected he spit in it. She could feel more glares around her. She could hear the muffled conversations of the patrons as they looked at her with malice. Texam didn't like it here. She felt angry, and alone.

@[member="Texam Halion"]

There was a rush of movement, as Preliat went upwards. Onderon was far enough way and boring enough for people to escape their lives into sports, and one of them happened to be Null-Hockey. So, he had a bit of a celebrity status here, and it was welcome. He went forward, shoving back some of the people that were in his way. Hockey goons typically could outfight anyone in a bar, and this was no exception to the rule here, on a backwater, has-been world. It had it's limelights back in the day here and there, but nothing really happened for a while.

Preliat went up to the bar, putting up a hand and turning away eyes. He grabbed Texam's ale and threw it on the ground, and took off his helmet, meeting her gaze with his own, face-to-face."Copaani mirshmure'cye, vod? Jorcu Ni dinuir gar solus."1He stared at her for a while, then pointed outside. She may be alone, and so was he."We aren't, barbarians. Get outside, let's talk. Mando to Mando, you and me."He said, through clenched teeth and pointed finger. He was clearly not happy about her behavior, drunken or otherwise.

Translation:
1. "You looking to get smacked in the face mate? I'll give you one."

Texam Halion

T
Texam looked at the man who approached her. He had deliberately spilled her drink, and threatened her. She was not having a good day before. This town kept adding to that. And now, she had finally met up with a fellow vod, only to be told to go outside for a chat that was probably a scolding, a brawl, or both. Texam stared back at the man, her green eyes hard and cold. "Duraani, burc'ya? Shi ba'slanar meh cuyir." She wasn't in the mood for a fight. She just wanted a damn drink! Was that so much to ask?
("You looking at me funny, pal? Just leave me be.")
@[member="Preliat Mantis"]

"Outside. Now."Preliat growled, slamming his hand on the bar. The bar fell silent, and he shot a death glare at the bartender that could make the Dark Harvester blink. It was clear that she wasn't getting anymore drinks acting like this, that was for sure. She needed a talk, not a drink. Drinks could come later.

@[member="Texam Halion"]

Texam Halion

T
Texam stood sharply from the bar, glowering at the man now. "You got a problem with me, vod? Fine. I've spent the last week in this hellhole. I get nothing but insults and dirty looks wherever I am, even though I'm doing nothing wrong. I come in here for one drink. ONE LOUSY DRINK! And they can't even give me that much! So yeah, I'm a little irritated. I just want to go to one place, ONE PLACE, where I can have a drink and not have to deal with the hatred!" She vented the last part of her anger by punching the bar. She punched it so hard that she left a crack in the wood. She threw a credit chip on the bar for the drink that spilled on the floor and abruptly left the bar. This place was definitely getting to her. She was sick of being hated. She was sick of being treated like nothing more than a common drunkard causing trouble in the bar. She just wanted to go home.

"THEN YOU DEAL WITH IT!"Preliat said, shoving the girl while they were in the street. He glared at her for a while, before throwing his helmet to the ground. People quickly left the two of them alone, and for good reason."I don't care how long you've been stuck here, we're not barbarians. We don't go beating up on people that don't deserve it because we're angry. And if you hate it here so much, why haven't you left? Are you stuck here?"He said genuinely, picking up his helmet. He stared at her for a while, before sighing, and calming down.

"I'm sorry, but...you don't need to beat up on some random barkeep for no reason, okay?"

@[member="Texam Halion"]

Texam Halion

T
Texam crossed her arms, giving him a hard stare. "Do I look like a dikkut to you? I would never kill someone for refusing to serve me. That was merely a bit of motivational intimidation. I'm an assassin, for Manda's sake. I known when to kill and when not to. Give me some credit...." She sighed, closing her eyes and putting a hand on her face. "If you must know, yes. I am stuck on this cesspit." She turned her back to him and looked up at the sky. "I came to finish up a job. That was a week ago. I've been trying for days to get a shuttle off-planet, but people have been acting like your bartender friend back there. Some were even worse." She rubbed the back of her neck. "I honestly don't think that I've ever missed Mandalore more than I do right now. I know that sounds pathetic, but still..."

"Alright...look. I've got to go to this kid's birthday party or something. And it's never pathetic to miss home when you're unable to go back."He tapped her on the shoulder, smiling at her."We can take my ship back, deal? But no more...beating up on poor backwater folk, okay?"He said, taking his helmet into his hands, and was ready to put it on after they talked, hoping to maintain eye contact while conversing.

@[member="Texam Halion"]

Texam Halion

T
Texam glanced back at him for a moment, then smirked. "Sure," She said. As she made her way past him, she murmered, "No promises, though..." She met his gaze with a bit of playfulness as she walked ahead of him.

@[member="Texam Halion"]

"Kid loves Null-hockey. Just...stick to the edges of the party, alright?"He said, turning a corner, the sounds of an approaching party coming. He smiled at her behind his helmet, after putting it back over his head."You ever watch a game?"He said, ringing the doorbell to the party, awaiting the hosts to welcome him in. Mandalorian second here, he was here as a player, and thus, produced a small signed jersey from a pouch on his side, sheepishly smiling at the girl beneath his helmet. She could probably tell, since most Mandos spoke helmet-talk.

Texam Halion

T
Texam shrugged. "Sometimes. I will admit that I like pod-racing more, though. And dueling." Nevertheless, she took the jersey anyway, knowing that she had slightly deminished the smugness under his helmet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom