Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Arthan Corvax's Lightsaber

Status
Not open for further replies.
qt32A1D.jpg

Image Source: Here.
Intent: A lightsaber for the force user Arthan Corvax.
Development Thread: If needed.
Manufacturer: [member="Arthan Corvax"]
Model: N/A
Affiliation: This lightsaber was created and is used by Arthan, and only Arthan.
Modularity: Only the crystal and focusing lenses be taken out and replaced, and only a Force user could do it as it is very delicate modifcations.
Production: Production: Unique
Material:
Classification: Lightsaber
Size: One/Two-Handed
Length:
  • Blade: 148 centimeters
  • Hilt: 24 centimeters
Weight: 4.25 kilograms
Special Features:
  • Resistances:
    Great resistance against blasters.
  • Great resistance against lightsabers and swords.

[*]Internal Components:
  • ​Magnetic Stabilizing Ring
  • Blade Emitter Shroud
  • Energy Modulation Circuits
  • Cycling Field Energizers
  • Blade Energy Channel
  • Red Synthetic Crystal
  • Focusing Crystal
  • Focusing Crystal Activator
  • Crystal Energy Chamber
  • Energy Gate
  • Primary Crystal Mount
  • Diatium Power Cell
  • Power Vortex Ring
  • Power Field Conductor
  • Inert Power Insulator
  • Belt Ring

Description: Created for two purposes, to defend and to kill, the lightsaber has been a symbol of both the Jedi and Sith orders for thousands of years, knowledge of how to create one have been passed down generations, and now Arthan Corvax has created one for his personal use. The hilt is made from durasteel with the details made out of electrum and the grip is made from rubberized durasteel. Inside the lightsaber are various electrical components that allow it to ignite.

Lightsabers have many strengths, like the ability to cut through almost everything except a handful of things, with the speed being determined by the durability of the object. It can also deflect blasters, slugthrowers and even clash with other lightsabers. Even with strengths they have some weaknesses, for example, when the blade comes in contact with cortosis alloy, it can short out causing it to become useless for a period of time. Another weakness would be its lack of crossguard to keep another lightsaber from simply gliding down and slicing off the owner's hands.

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Rusty

Hi, my name is Rusty and I'll be your friendly neighborhood Factory Judge.

I like the level of detail you put into this thing. If I have but one complaint, it's this:

Arthan Corvax said:
​Great resistance against blasters and slugthrowers.
Blasters I get, but lightsabers traditionally don't handle slugthrower rounds too well. I didn't see anything that would indicate a special resistance to them, but if you've got an argument for I'm all ears.

[member="Arthan Corvax"]

[member="Rusty"]

I immediately assumed that if the slugthrower round hit the lightsaber blade, it would disintegrate, that is IF the lightsaber user can do that fast enough, the same with blasters.

Rusty

There are a few schools of thought on that, and there are folks that would agree with you on that. Personally, I'm inclined to think it has a lot to do with the round used. Something small and subsonic, sure. Something big and fast, probably not. But it's pretty much all conjecture, because near as I can tell, there's no canon case for it either way.

If you want to use it to try and block slugthrowers that's up to you, but I wouldn't put it in the submission.

[member="Arthan Corvax"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom