Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Art of the Blade

wb1.png

alexboarder.png

Deep within the Jedi Temple, far from the hushed corridors and tranquil meditation chambers, lay a realm of action. - the Training Rooms. This particular chamber served as a haven for Jedi apprentices and seasoned Knights, a place where lightsabers clashed with purpose. A place where discipline and dedication forged character and skill.

Soft, ambient light bathed the room, seemingly emanating from the very walls themselves. High above along the arched ceiling, sunlight streamed through rounded windows, casting warm golden rays upon the polished wooden floors.

At the heart of the training room lay a focal point - a pristine white, marble-like circle. It was here that apprentices and Knights engaged in rigorous combat training. The marble-like surface, while smooth and cold to the touch, had been crafted to withstand the scorching intensity of lightsaber duels. On one far wall rested a glass case displaying a collection of training sabers with basic housing structures.

Braze had deliberately selected this training room as his training ground with Aether. The prospect of sparring with someone who never fatigued was thrilling to him. More so, Aether wasn't just any opponent; he was a repository of experience and wisdom accumulated over centuries. This opportunity to learn from such a seasoned warrior was something Braze cherished.

The idea of matching blades with a being who had witnessed the ebb and flow of countless battles, who had honed his skills over lifetimes of combat, ignited a spark of inspiration in Braze's heart. He was eager to absorb every lesson, every tactical nuance that Aether could impart. This was an opportunity few could even dream of.

"Remember, a key to lightsaber combat is not just skill, but understanding your opponent," Aether's voice was calm, almost melodic.

Braze lunged forwards, lightsaber slicing through the air at he pressed his attack. Aether sidestepped with an effortless grace, twirling his saber in a sharp parry of smooth motion. Braze, not to be outdone, spun around, attempting a swift strike, but Aether deftly parried again putting a little more force behind this one, sending Braze stumbling past him.

"Balance, young one. You're letting your enthusiasm get the best of you," Aether chided gently.

Braze regained his footing, a sheepish exspression crossing his face. He charged again, feinting to the left before swinging to the right. Aether, anticipating the move, caught Braze's blade with his own, locking them in a stalemate. He leaned in pressing his strength against Braze's, his blue glowing optics coming close to meet Braze's eyes. With a sudden, unexpected move, Aether used his foot to sweep Braze's legs from under him.

Braze hit the floor hard, and was momentarily dazed.

"In combat, predictability is your greatest adversary. Your feint was a good attempt, but your patterns are becoming readable. You must learn to vary your attacks; to be as unpredictable as the wind."

Aether offered a hand to the smaller and assisted Braze back on to his feet.

"And never forget to guard your lower half as fiercely as your upper. A warrior is not just a pair of hands wielding a saber; you are a whole entity, and every part of you must be involved in the dance of battle." Aether spoke in an encouraging tone devoid of any harshness.

Back on his feet, Braze circled Aether cautiously, his lightsaber held in a ready stance. Aether watched him, an air of calm anticipation filling the air.

With a sudden burst of speed, Braze launched a series of rapid strikes, each aimed at different angles in an attempt to outmaneuver Aether's defenses. Aether, however, seemed to predict each move, effortlessly blocking and parrying with a precision that only centuries of experience could grant.

As Braze swung high, Aether gently tapped him on the side with the edge of his training saber. "Ah, an opening," he noted, almost conversationally.

Braze winced hissing in pain. Blushing and slightly flustered he adjusted his stance and tried a low sweep. Aether jumped lightly over the blade, landing with grace. "And another," he commented, tapping Braze lightly on the shoulder. The searing kiss of the training saber catching his attention quite vividly.

Undetered, Braze charged forward, his lightsaber blazing a trail of light as he aimed a powerful strike at Aether. His movements, however, were more forceful than precise, driven by his growing irritation.

Aether, ever the embodiment of composed calm, easily read Braze's intentions. As Braze's saber came down, Aether smoothly sidestepped, his own saber moving in a fluid, practiced motion. He executed a counterattack, not to strike, but to guide Braze's momentum past him, with a tap to his flank, whipping the tip of the saber with a flick of his wrist.

Caught off guard and psuhed off balance by his own forceful charge and Aether's deft maneuver, Braze stumbled forward. His foot caught on the smooth marble-like surface of the training circle, and he tripped, tumbling to the ground in a heap.

Lying there, Braze's frustration melted into a mix of embarrassment and realization. He had switche doff his saber and covered his face with his hands just wanting to lay there. He understood that his emotions had gotten the better of him, turning his skill into recklessness. Aether extended a hand to help him up, his voice steady and reassuring.

"Passion and determination are strengths, but when they cloud your judgment, they become weaknesses. Learn to harness them, not be ruled by them."

"How often are you going to lecture me?" Braze asked with a groan.

"Not as often as you should close your guard," Aether replied with a hint of mirth in his synthetic voice.

Braze huffed and ignited his saber before charging yet again. He parried and attacked, getting into a rapid-fire game of cat and mouse with attacks, parries, and ripostes, trading blows with Aether.

Finally, as Braze overextended in a bold but reckless move, Aether skillfully parried, his movements precise and fluid. With a swift flick of his wrist, he disarmed Braze, sending the young Jedi's saber clattering across the floor. In the same fluid motion, Aether halted his own saber just above Braze's heart, the glowing blade a mere whisper away.

"And the most important lesson, young Braze," Aether said, his voice calm yet carrying the weight of his experience, "always protect your heart - both in combat and in life."

Braze lowered his gaze, panting softly. He looked atthat tip of the saber and frowned, his brows furrowing.

Last edited:
Objective: Unclear at the moment
Tags: Braze Braze

"Cori, please. It's been four hours," Master Caspian begged, kneeling by Cori's bedside, his warm beige hands clutching her own unusually pale fingers. "You can't just sit in here forever. It's not healthy for you."
Cori shook her head, not meeting his eyes. Wrapped in blankets and staring at the wall, the Ersansyr seemed to be a million miles away.
"Cori!" Her former master dropped her hands and shook her shoulders desperately. "Stop it! Don't get lost in what you saw!"
"They were...crying and...screaming..." Cori muttered, finally meeting his eyes. "There were children...children on fire..."
"No, no - they're ok. It's ok. We have warned the people you saw," Caspian replied. "Your vision will not come true. Not this time."
"They always come true," Cori mumbled, turning away from him and wrapping herself up further in her blankets.
Master Caspian stood up. The tall, well built karkarodon leaned over her, and gently unwrapped her from her makeshift cocoon. She let out a soft groan in protest.
"Cori, listen," he began, pulling his reluctant former padawan up onto her feet. "I know it's hard for you to get back into things after a particularly bad force vision. But sometimes, the healthiest thing to do is get up. Come on - I believe in you."
Cori looked at him for a long moment, feeling the burden of her gift weighing upon her. What if warning the people she saw wasn't enough? What if someone got hurt and she could have saved them? What if-
"Don't let yourself be eaten alive by questions you can't possibly answer, Cori," her master said, interrupting her thoughts. "I have to go now, but I suggest you find something to do to keep your mind occupied until then. Exercise seems like your best bet."
Cori solemnly watched him leave, contemplating his words. Then, with a sigh, she straightened her shoulders and used the force to summon her two light whips to her hands. Exercise, huh? Well, it was worth a try. To be honest, right now, she'd do anything to calm her mind.

Combing her hands through her hair to neaten it, Cori made her way over to the training rooms. Upon entry, she spotted a young, white haired padawan sparring with one of the temple droids. Seems she had just arrived to witness the padawan's defeat, as she took in the training saber the droid had pointed at his heart.

"Hey," she called out to them by way of greeting, her smile not quite meeting her eyes. "I'm Cori. I hope you don't mind if I use this room alongside you? I need something to keep my mind busy, and training seemed like a good idea."

Braze turned his attention to the newcomer, his smile a mix of warmth and mild surprise. "Hello," he greeted, his voice friendly. "Oh, uh, yeah, we don't mind at all. You're welcome to join us." He gestured towards the training area, an open invitation. The idea of having someone new to spar with seemed appealing, especially after his recent defeat at the hands of the training droid.

"You can practice with us if you like," Braze offered.

Aether, lowering his training saber, turned to face Cori with a nod of acknowledgment. "That sounds like a great idea," he said, his voice calm. "I'm Aether. It's always good to have different sparring partners – helps keep us on our toes." He gave a small, encouraging bow. He wasn't quite a temple droid upon closer inspection. He was certainly made from parts of such.

Braze, feeling slightly relieved at the prospect of a break from his unsuccessful attempts against Aether, moved to reset his stance. "I'm Braze," he introduced himself, his smile becoming more confident. "And don't worry about the 'droid'. It's programmed to be challenging. Keeps things interesting." He chuckled lightly.

"You do know I am a Shard, right?" Aether asked looking to the pint sized brat.

Last edited:
Objective: Spar with a padawan?
Braze turned his attention to the newcomer, his smile a mix of warmth and mild surprise. "Hello," he greeted, his voice friendly. "Oh, uh, yeah, we don't mind at all. You're welcome to join us." He gestured towards the training area, an open invitation. The idea of having someone new to spar with seemed appealing, especially after his recent defeat at the hands of the training droid.

"You can practice with us if you like," Braze offered.

Aether, lowering his training saber, turned to face Cori with a nod of acknowledgment. "That sounds like a great idea," he said, his voice calm. "I'm Aether. It's always good to have different sparring partners – helps keep us on our toes." He gave a small, encouraging bow. He wasn't quite a temple droid upon closer inspection. He was certainly made from parts of such.

Sparring with someone? Cori wasn't going to deny that that sounded like a fun idea. It had been ages since she had fought someone in a non life or death scenario, and it would be good to be able to practice her skills without worrying about getting killed. She gave the padawan a more genuine smile and nodded.

"That's a very kind offer," she replied to him while returning Aether's bow. "I will gladly take you up on it."

"I'm Braze," he introduced himself, his smile becoming more confident. "And don't worry about the 'droid'. It's programmed to be challenging. Keeps things interesting." He chuckled lightly.

"You do know I am a Shard, right?" Aether asked looking to the pint sized brat.

"It's nice to meet you both," Cori could feel herself regaining her confidence as well, though her smile faltered a little at the discussion about Aether. She didn't understand very much about technology. What was the difference between a shard and a droid? What even was a shard? Cori hoped they couldn't tell how clueless she was about that.

Shrugging off her confusion, the Jedi knight placed down her light whips and made her way over to the weapon rack. She hadn't fought with traditional light sabers since she was a youngling, so this would be a fun challenge for her. After selecting two blue training sabers, she moved to the marble centre of the room where her opponent was waiting. "Ok, I'm ready."

Braze positioned himself in the center of the room, his body adopting the elegant and precise makashi stance, a style known for its focus on dueling and finesse. The stance was a reflection of his training and his understanding of the art of lightsaber combat. "Alright, let's see what you've got~!" he chirped, his voice carrying a mix of excitement and friendly challenge.

He began to lightly hop on the balls of his feet, maintaining a state of readiness. Braze was alert, his senses heightened, ready to respond to any move with agility.

Objective: Spar with a padawan!

"Alright, let's see what you've got~!"

Cori softly smiled. "Well, I'm a little rusty with this type of saber, but I still think I'll be able to make this duel interesting for you."

Now, to business. Braze had adopted a Makashi stance, an elegant style known for precision - but also a style that could be overwhelmed with enough movement and speed. Ataru, Cori's usual form, would be perfect. She settled into a stance, meeting the padawan's eyes, and, once she was sure he was ready, launched herself forward.
The Jedi knight somersaulted over Braze, drawing her blades in a flash of blue light. She went to wrap her whip around his saber and out of his hand in her signature move, only to realise she was no longer fighting with her whips. As a result, the lightsaber simply sliced through air, far away from Braze. Blushing at her mistake, Cori quickly followed up with two jabs towards her opponent and then another leap, this one straight up into the air. As she flew back down, she aimed both her sabers at him in a downward strike towards his head.

Sorry for the wait!

wb1.png

TAGS:
Cordelia 'Cori' Eldoris Cordelia 'Cori' Eldoris
alexboarder.png

"We'll have fun I'm sure. "
Braze watched Cori leap upwards, her movements swift and decisive. In that instant, he quickly shifted into Soresu, the third form of lightsaber combat, known for its defensive posture and ability to turn the tide of battle by outlasting an opponent. This form, emphasizing minimal effort for maximum defensive coverage, was perfectly suited to Braze's current need to observe and adapt to Cori's fighting style.

As Cori descended with both sabers aimed towards him, Braze, now fully embodying the principles of Soresu, prepared himself to deflect her aggressive strike. His stance was solid and grounded, his lightsaber held in front, ready to intercept the attack. With a calmness born of intense focus, he moved his blade not in an attempt to counterattack but to neutralize the threat, guiding the energy of her descent away from him.

This defensive maneuver was an opportunity for Braze to study Cori's technique, to understand the rhythm of her combat style. As a practitioner of Echani Martial Arts, Braze was trained to read his opponent, to see each movement and decision as a window into their thoughts and intentions. By adopting Soresu, he gave himself the time to analyze Cori's approach, looking for patterns, strengths, and potential weaknesses in her technique.

Even as he defended, Braze remained vigilant, his senses sharpened to catch any subtleties in Cori's movements. He was testing her, in a way, allowing her to make the first few aggressive moves to better understand her strategy and how she adapted to unexpected changes in combat dynamics. This was not just a duel, but a chess game of minds and tactics, where each move and countermove was informed by careful observation and strategic thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom