Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Arms Dynamics Energy Crucible

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Spice up the new line of Arms Dynamics blasters
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Particle Beam
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Arms Dynamics
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market
  • Model: Arms Dynamics Energy Crucible
  • Modularity: Can be used in any blaster weapon, size
  • Production: Mass Produced
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • It’s like a particle beam, but red
  • Makes a distinctive noise when a weapon using an Energy Crucible is fired
STRENGTHS
  • Gun to a knife fight: Blaster bolts modified using this technology dissipate explosively when they hit lightsabers or energy shields, preventing deflection and possibly harming the person being hit
  • Hot knife through butter: Projectiles generated by the crucible are well suited to penetrating armour.
WEAKNESSES
  • Fizz: Blaster bolts created by the energy crucible are relatively weak when it comes to actually damaging energy shields
  • Hot hot: If the blaster overheats it may explode as the energy crucible’s magnetic containment field fails. This can result in at best the permanent disablement of the blaster, and at worst the removal of the operator’s hands.
DESCRIPTION

The Energy Crucible uses a modified particle beam system to generate a blaster bolt just like any other weapon, but has a few differences. The functional difference is that the bolts will explosively dissipate when they hit lightsabers or energy shields, preventing deflection. Against armour the bolts will more effectively penetrate most materials. The disadvantage is that the decreased stability makes it less useful when used against an opponent using energy shields since not all the released energy will be imparted on the actual shield.

The bolt also has a few largely cosmetic differences, as the bolts are less defined than conventional shots from a standard blaster and have both a distinctive hiss and red colouration that can be identifiable in combat.

Last edited:
Ah, okay. Sorry if I caused you any annoyance with this. Just with some of the wording, including the use of comparing it to a "particle beam, but red" just confused me a little bit.

Anyways, I consulted with some of my fellow judges, and I retract what I said earlier in my suggestion to change the template. If it would not be too much to ask, and I apologize for bringing you around full circle for this, can you please revert this back to the way it was prior as a "Basic Technology" template. Again, I apologize for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom