Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech ArmorSkin Bodyglove

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent:
To create a tough new bodyglove for future submissions and role-playing.
Image Source: n/a
Canon Link: n/a
Permissions: n/a
Primary Source:

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer(s):
VisTech Diversified Industries, LLC
Affiliation(c): VisTech Diversified Industries, LLC
Market Status: Closed-Market
Model: ArmorSkin Bodyglove
Modularity: Yes; each suit is custom-tailored to conform to the wearer's body like a second skin. Garment may be colored as desired.
Production: Semi-Unique
Material(s):

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification:
Bodyglove
Weight: Very Light

RESISTANCES:

• Energy Weapons: Extreme
  • Kinetic: Extreme
  • Elemental Weapons (Thermal): Extreme
  • Environmental: Extreme
  • Acid (And other corrosive substances): None
  • Sonic Weapons (Incl. 'Hard Sound'): None
  • Radiation (Incl. EMP/Ion): Extreme
  • Plasma / Lightsaber-type Weapons: High
  • Disruptor-type Weapons: Extreme
  • Tensor-type Weapons: None
  • Pressure: None
  • Elemental Weapons (Cryo): None
  • Force Abilities: None

SPECIAL FEATURES

• These garments offer exceptional protective qualities to their wearers without hindering movement or dexterity.
  • Incredibly lightweight and form-fitting, these garments may be worn easily beneath other clothing or armor for long periods of time.
STRENGTHS:
  • Garments provide excellent protection against a number of weapons and damage types, including energy weapons (e.g., blasters, lasers, etc.), kinetic weapons and damage, radiation (including EMP/Ion), thermal radiation and flame, and disruptor-type weapons.
  • Garments offer some protection even against lightsaber-type weaponry, though prolonged or successive strikes to an area will cause damage eventually.
  • Garments are form-fitting, granting wearers complete range of motion and unhindered movement. Additionally, FrictionGrip applied to hands, fingers, and feet help to ensure sure-footedness, enhanced gripping power, and allow excellent dexterity for delicate actions.
  • While not suitable as EVA suits, ArmorSkin Body Gloves do have protection levels similar to survival suits with regards to hostile environments.

WEAKNESSES:
  • Garments do not protect uncovered areas. They offer no protection for any portion(s) of the wearer's body which is not covered which includes the upper neck/throat and head.
  • Garments are designed only for humanoid body types and cannot be made for or used-by non-humanoid species or creatures.
  • Garments cannot be used as EVA or deep-sea diving garments, and offer no protection against gravitational weaponry or extreme pressure or gravitational forces.
  • Garments do not guard against gases, biological toxins or germs, acids and other corrosive substances, or sonic or cryo-type weapons.
  • Each garment is custom-fitted for a single wearer, and cannot be worn by persons not matching the same height, weight, or build of the original intended wearer.

DESCRIPTION

Tailored to each wearer's exact specifications, the garment is meant to fit perfectly while providing absolute freedom of movement. First, paper-thin layers of agrinium-reinforced mixed duraplast-kevlex fiber were sandwiched over layers of thermal gel, which are then overlaid with layers of shell spider silk, followed finally by durasilk. Lastly, hands, fingers, and feet are treated with FrictionGrip. This process, and the materials involved, provide the wearer with thin, ultralight, waterproof garment offering protection against energy weapons, kinetic damage, radiation (including EMP/Ion and thermal radiation and fire), and even some protection against lightsaber-type weapons. They do not, however, protect against environmental pressure and are unsuitable for use as EVA protection or as deep-sea diving clothes, nor do they offer any protection regarding biological toxins or germs, gases, or sonic weaponry. The application of FrictionGrip enables those wearing these suits to enjoy particular traction on flat surfaces, enhanced gripping power, and the dexterity and sensitivity to operate delicate devices and tools.

Last edited:
Issues.

• Biological Toxins: None
  • Gases: None
These are not legitimate resistances, please remove.

• Gravitational Weapons: None
  • Pressure: None
Pressure does not count as Gravitational Weapons do the same thing. Remove Pressure please.
Non-Force Mental Abilities (e.g., telepathy, etc.): None\
Mental abilities to a glove does not count. Please remove.

Readjust your ratings afterwards and notify when changes have been made.
Visanj T'shkali Visanj T'shkali

Listib Hibin Listib Hibin thank you for taking the time to review this submission. I have some counters to your assessment and if you would please indulge me while I make my case here.

First, body gloves come in many forms. For example, thinsuits and EVA emergency suits count as bodygloves, as do diving suits, military underlays, and pilots' flightsuits (at least some designs, though certainly not all). Thus, body gloves have different configurations and styles to them. Some include integrated breathing systems, full head and face coverings, etc. Some suits are configured for protection in hostile environments. Therefore, yes, biological toxins and gases do count. This particular garment has no such integrated breathing systems and therefore does not protect against these threats - which can include spray weapons, gas grenades, etc. Even OOC, biological and chemical weapons and gases have in the past and continue today to be used in warfare. This body glove would not protect you, therefore the rating of 'none' is also proper.

Second, gravitational weapons are force-field projections, varying in scope, which - like tractor beams - exert intense forces on their targets. Pressure on the other hand, refers to environmental pressures, such as those encountered during deep diving activities or while exposed to the vacuum of space. This body glove, unlike many others, does not protect against either ambient pressures or targeted gravitational-type weapons (which usually exert exceptional forces much higher than those found in ambient situations). Therefore, having resistances to these as separate items makes sense to this author in that they mean different types of potential damage. One is a targeted effect, while the other is a multiple-vector effect.

Lastly, body gloves are - at their core - protective garments. Species like the Agbui utilize non-Force-derived telepathic abilities dependent on touch, while other species, such as the Anzati, Hortek, and Umbarans also have non-Force-derived telepathy. Different materials may, depending on the species, prevent some of these abilities from being effective. This body glove does not use any such materials, nor does it obscure the head or face, meaning it doesn't block pheromone-based telepathy or similar abilities.

Thank you for indulging and allowing me to present my reasoning.

The issue is these mean none, meaning it already did not have an honest defense against them naturally. However let me break it down further.

Gravity is more or less Tensor. Tensor is a field of gravity waves shoved onto a person, breaking them down with Gravity all at once with a miniature tractor beam. I will accept it as Tensor instead of Gravity, mainly as Gravity None...does not work. I will accept Pressure however as I had to review a table and with your reasoning, accept that it is a viable resistance.

Biological and Gases are something I need to elaborate much further on. This is mainly on how helmets, neurotoxins and other things work in an all together level in this universe. Biological and Gas are similar only in what they expect to come out of them. The reason however why these are generally frowned upon using and more so not allowed to be used, is that it is the players choice to accept if a gas if filtered through or if a biological substance infects them. Yes, there are things that infect through the skin pores and do damage...but in this case, this is a pair of gloves. A pair, of gloves. Once again, I am not allowing this. This is more akin to a strength such as a filtering system which most use or just shove a submission into it to say otherwise.

Now the last part is Telepathic reasoning. I allow the Force as a whole to be used, no matter what, to be used in an armor or clothing submission as a rating. However the Non-Force Telepathy category is always more or less, a dump stat. Any regular pair of gloves will stop it and while you mention on touch, just a basic fabric should stop a small majority of it naturally. Then there is pheromone which is more or less, covered in Biological and has no use here. This must be a fully body suit/helmet before I consider it being used as a resistance.

In Short:

Pressure: Allowed
Gravity: Call it Tensor and it will be Allowed. (Same thing honestly and it is more directed to a weapon)
Biological/Gas: Not Allowed, we have filtration systems and outfits to do this. Body gloves do not offer this at all at the start anyway so listing it as None is listing it as gloves you can buy at a convivence store.
Force: Allowed
Non-Force Telepathy: Not Allowed. This is only to be honestly used in a full body outfit/helmet and even then, that is debatable. If the listed rating is None, then it should not be allowed at all as it would have a resistance None in the first place, much like the Force but the major difference is how universal the Force can be to another, instead of reading someones mind through a piece of glove or touching them to figure their emotions.

In Short Short Explanation:
If it started with None in thought, save for the Force, then expect it to not be used as a resistance rating.

That is my ruling on this. You were right on the Pressure after some talk with others and consulting an old chart of mine.

Listib Hibin Listib Hibin

First, corrections made. Second, I believe this is still actually underpowered. I'm rusty and my math often sucks, can you double check please? Third, how the heck are you? It's been a minute since I have had the pleasure of your judging one of my subs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom