OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To standardize the capabilities of the armor for Aya's Knightly Retinue.
- Image Source: Image found Here
- Canon Link: N/A
- Permissions: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Unknown Aelozian smiths.
- Affiliation: Closed-Market
- Model: N/A
- Modularity: Each suit also has a ceremonial cape, which can be interchanged.
- Production: Limited
- Material: Durasteel, Personal Shield components, quilted/padded underarmor, Cloth
- Classification: Multipurpose
- Weight: Heavy
- Energy: High
- Kinetic: High
- Lightsabers: Average
- Concussive Force: Low
- Personal Energy Shield
- Anti-Ranged Protection: The use of Durasteel in the construction of each set of armor provides a rather substantial defense against ranged weaponry, though the real significant addition is the energy shielding providing a boost against blasters. While not exceptional by any means as compared to the number of much more powerful, more rare metals, the combination of durasteel and energy shielding means that the suit is capable of protecting one against ranged weapons far more competently than regular, standard infantry armor.
- Lightsabers: Due to the use of an energy shield, the armor is actually capable of fending off a few scattered strikes from a lightsaber. By no means is the actual armor that resistant to the blade itself, but the energy shielding can hold off the contained plasma blade for a few seconds before overstressing, and shutting down.
- Limited Capacity: While capable of handling combat and rechargeable in safety, the personal shield can only last so long before it will shut off on its own. Similarly, it can only last under a certain amount of stress, sustained fire or lightsaber strikes will wear down the shield quickly and rapidly.
- Impact Damage: Physical impact of concussive varieties, such as blunt force, explosions, or other such means are a credible threat to wearers of these suits of armor. The body is effectively in a metal cage and, upon impact, will be forcibly bouncing against it with their internal organs. Some measures were of course taken to minimize this but impact damage is still a weakpoint of the armor.
- Shield Necessary: The shield is incredibly vital to the protective qualities of the armor. Once it goes down, the durasteel is only an average protection against energy due to dispersing it, but significantly weaker to a lightsaber. Therefore, the lack of ion or EMP protection is an even more detrimental blow to the user should such technology be employed.
To an Aelozian, armor is a symbol of status, and pride. Each knight, upon completing training and being given their station, is rewarded with both a durasteel blade, and a suit of armor. This is no different for those who swore fealty to Lady Aya Clarke of Kalis. Each knight and Liege to swear fealty had already long since received their suits of armor, but upon hearing that their Lady had been pronounced by a trusted confidant as 'Saint', twelve members began the long journey to meet her, and join her cause. To better be suited for the worlds beyond their own, they opted for a single, simple modification to their armor, an addition of a personal energy shield system. This system would bring their own armor up to relative standards, and be perfectly suitable for whatever their Lady deemed their course of action.
In addition, most members with these armors also brought with them their ceremonial capes, none of which were quite the same. Each was a different color, or shade of the same few, and had a variation on Aya's family crest: A crimson eagle. Each variation detonated how long their houses had been in service to House Clarke, as well as incorporated their own family crest into the design. As such, at a glance these capes would serve as markings of fealty, though provide no additional benefits to the armor itself.