Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Armament Realignment (Nyra)

Leos hummed to himself as he sat inside of the quiet office. Milan and Arus were resting on either side of the door as he looked through various reports coming in from Ignus Industries and Ignus Black. Both were doing fine work, to be certain. Ignus Industries had seen a recent uptick in sales due to the release of the Exploding Buck round and the RAL. Each had drawn considerable interest from all sectors of their respective markets. The Security Armor was selling at a modest rate, and the Scattercaster had seen moderate sales as well. All in all, it wasn't bad.

Today was different, though. Lady Mazul had contacted him in regards to the desire to create an armor specifically for their combined armed forces. That and a new rifle to be used by them as well. A contract would be greatly appreciated by Ignus Industries, and in this case beneficial to him on two fronts, so of course he'd requested that she meet with him to discuss the particulars of the endeavor. She had, after all, been decidedly vague when sending the request to meet about the designs.

Of course he had some simple ideas for things that could be done to create useful armor, but he had to hear what she was looking for before he made any decisions and passed them along to his team of designers. He'd laid out a decent spread of drink choices for her when she arrived, but he chose water for himself, as per usual.

[member="Nyra Mazul"]

Nyra didn't know what to do. Her only base of reference for a meeting like this what she saw in holovideos and their pathetic attempt at showing a thieves life did nothing to make her believe they were in any way accurate.

The simple truth was that Nyra's associates had needs and those needs needed to be met. It was best then to have them met by someone they could trust. Who better in that case than a fellow associate! Yes this was all for the best. [member="Darth Ignus"] sat in his office waiting for her. Nyra for her part was on the wall outside, climbing down the building from the roof to get into the office from the outside. She always enjoyed a challenge and evading security in this way was much more amusing than simply walking through the front door.

Once outside the window she saw the man and knocked twice. A big broad smile followed as she looked in hanging upside down. Yes this little green man would be the perfect person to help them equip a new fighting force.

The tapping on the window gave him pause in what he was doing. Turning around, he looked on to see Nyra clinging to the outside of the building. If she was trying not to cause a scene on Telos, she was doing a poor job of it. No doubt security had already flagged her presence and was probably scrambling to get a speeder up to go and intercept her. In fact, they were likely already en route. That was just troublesome. He sighed and held up a finger for her to wait a moment, and then he put a call in to security to let them know she was an expected guest and to stand down. Then she called Kaela and let her know he would be busy the rest of the day.

Only then did he take the time to stand, walk over to the window, and physically open it. Arus and Milan perked up at the sudden rush of air into the building, and watched as Leos stood aside to let the woman enter. When she did, he would close the window and turn his gaze upon her.

"If you're trying not to draw attention, climbing on the outside of Ignus Industries headquarters is the opposite of beneficial to you."

Shaking his head, he walked back to his seat, took it, and motioned for her to sit opposite of him. Arus had stood up and was sauntering over to her, offering curiosity at her presence. Milan just watched from a distance. It was difficult to see, but her muscles were tense and ready. That was the way she always was. Arus was casual. Milan was all business.

"I've freed up my entire day to work on this with you. Hopefully you've come with more than just a bare bones concept."

[member="Nyra Mazul"]

With the window open Nyra smiled at the green man before gracefully jumping in through the window and landing gracefully on her feet. She looked around the office and whistled. "I could get some money for some of this stuff you know... If you're ever looking for an insurance scam I can knock this place over split the profits with you and then insurance pays out again. More money for you and hey technically you were broken into so no law was broken... not really." Okay so yes really, but whatever.

After a brief self guided tour of the room, upon which Nyra saw the two Maalraas and gave them goofy little wave, she turned to [member="Darth Ignus"] finally acknowledging his questions. "I think that you think too highly of peoples perceptive powers." Nyra shrugged a little bit. "How many millions of people are out there, and how many look up? Of those how many have good enough eye sight to see me? Those that do have good enough sight can they see me clearly? Or am I just some figure as they drive past? And if they see me do they care enough to actually call security?" Nyra shrugged.

"Right, so down to business. I'm not a soldier, nor a technical person, I am however good with my hands." She lifted up a crushgaunt clad hand and flexed it a bit before revealing the presence of a data chit. She transferred it from finger to finger spinning it around before depositing it on the mans desk. "Straight from Kamino I give you the alpha schematics for the armor that united and subjugated the galaxy. Perhaps the greatest military force ever assembled if you believe the hype." Licking her lips she looked at the man and gave him a broad smile. "Clone Armor." Shrugging she found a chair and pulled it up. "What we need is something that is usable by many with good protection and decent mobility and we need it at a price."

OOC: a guy climbed to the top of the Brooklyn Bridge in broad daylight to place a flag up there and the police never found him. I didn't see this as any different.

"I could get more money selling it on the legitimate open market than you could on the black market. Besides, I'm not in the business of insurance scams."

He waved a hand dismissive lyrics at her comments about people seeing her. Truthfully he wasn't worried about it since he'd managed to catch the security team before they arrived on scene. That would have been the sort of mess that he really didn't want to deal with. They wouldn't have tried to kill her, but they certainly wouldn't have been gentle about things either. Fortunate was he that he didn't have to deal with that.

She settled in and passed a data chip over to him. He slid it into the reader and lofted a brow at what he saw. It was just old clone armor. Nothing really special about it. Sure, it was effective, but by the days standard it was well behind the times. Even II's new security force armor was more advanced than this. He shook his head and looked back at her.

"Weight could make that armor cheap right now, but it's not good enough. I'm going to have someone bring up a set of our new security force armor, a light duty suit, for you to look at. We can make a high performance variant on it to suit our needs."

He grabbed his commlink and gave Kaela a quick call. She responded that she'd send someone up. A few minutes later he admitted anot intern who was, oddly enough, actually wearing the armor. Leos motioned for him to approach and stand at attention.

"This is light duty, but we can easily make something stronger, and in a style that suits your needs."

ooc: Check the storefront link in my sig.
[member="Nyra Mazul"]

Nyra listened to the man and smiled and nodded. Clone Armor was better than stormtrooper armor which was merely a more mass produced version of the older system. Stormtrooper armor was something unmatched by anything currently available on a mass scale. The armor had slews upon slews of features and despite popular misconceptions was rather good. Everyone had seen holovids of storm troopers getting shot and dying by the bucket-loads. However if you read the commentary behind those vids you'd note that the troopers armor dissipated most of the blast rendering them unconscious and not dead in most cases. This was further evident in later examples of this phenomenon (star wars rebels) where troopers could actually be seen moving as they were supposedly shot dead. By Nyra's estimation that was pretty damned good armor.

Then again [member="Darth Ignus"] had a point. There was plenty of things out there currently with more tech and better protection, but once again... scale and price efficient mattered.

The woman chuckled a little bit as the man walked in wearing the armor. "oh boy," she said standing up to examine him. " a show." Nyra examined the armor, doing a few circles. "Cute," she said. "And the armor is nice too." she winked at the guileless intern before looking back to Ignus and then the intern. she swatted his nose with a finger before siting down. "As you're no doubt aware there is a product sold to the general markets called Deflex. An armored fabric. As a base layer I believe it would be provide for good protection for this new suit. It's available through ATC as well so getting it in quantities won't be that hard. [member="Danger Arceneau"] owns a piece of Chase fashion and her company handles many of their sales."

Deflex was a good product that provided protection by the millimeter and would, as a base layer, make for a superior bodyglove. "Otherwise it's just finding a balance between mobility, fatigue, and protection to accommodate our troopers."

"I've heard of it."

He actually had, which was surprising. Most of the time it wasn't his job to deal with the design of goods. He ran the business side of things, well really Kaela did, and that meant that he was mostly in it for show and signing contracts with interested parties. The scientists and researchers did all of the designing. It was there job to stay up to par with current trends. But he'd heard of deflex in passing at one point, so he knew enough to know that it would be cheaper than armorweave, with nigh the same output. That would significantly cut down some of the cost of the armor, which made it a good move on their part if they wanted to buy it in bulk.

With the armor no longer needed, he waved a hand in dismissal of the intern. The man let himself out and Leos tapped his fingers against his desk for a few minutes before speaking.

"Plastoid isn't overly expensive. Instead of overlapping plates, we rely on the deflex between. That will allow for more flexibility, especially with modifications based on the soldier. A knee protector plate for snipers. Shoulder guard for grenadiers. Optional belt cape. Probably should include polarization in the helmet lenses. Optional battery operated heating units and external respirator. Would make the armor quite adaptable to any environment, rather than requiring multiple armor styles."

It was doable, and wouldn't be overly expensive.

"We can do it with ease."

[member="Nyra Mazul"]

"Deflex is a really nice material." Nyra agreed half vacantly staring at the window. There was a really high building she could see with sheer walls designed to look minimalist. Nyra wanted to climb it. Without proper hand holds and just her and perhaps the force if needed to scale the momentous heights of that building... That would be a challenge, a thrill.

"Flexability is good," she said again. With the quirking of a brow she looked at [member="Darth Ignus"]. "Is that what you're into? Flexibility?" A smile crossed her face as she pawed at various items on the desk between the two. "Flexibility and protection." She licked her lips and stared at the green man for a moment.

"Of course we'd need the extra's, polarizing lenses, magnetic clamps on the foots for zero g operations, air supply, maybe some sort of removable masks. Stormtrooper armor is notoriously hard on the peripherals. Various types of communications and vision gear in the helmet and...

An alarm cut Nyra off as noise and lights started warning the facility that something was amiss. "I did not do that," she said looking around innocently.

*throws a pie*

"You're impossible."

He rolled his eyes. What he was into, was not really any of her business. She was an intriguing creature, but not in that way. He found her too disturbing in that way, to be honest. Though she likely chose her normal form because of its sexual appeal to most species, he didn't actually find it that attractive, since he knew she was more than that. It just gave him a rather uneasy feeling, always wondering what about her was real and what wasn't. Plus he had his sights set on someone else, anyway. Something for further down the road, as it were. Let's just say he was a busy man, and there was a lot of other work to be done.

Reaching over, he slapped her hand away from the things on his desk. Some of those were actually priceless and her slippery mitts needed to stay off of them. He knew better than to allow her free reign to things of that nature. She went on about the armor, thank goodness for getting her back on track, and then a warning klaxon sounded.

"I really hate coming to the office."

He slapped the comm for Kaela's office but she didn't answer, so he pulled out his commlink and called her that way.

"What's going on?"

"There's been a breach in the main data center. Shapeshifter. He's blending in with our staff and trying to get away so we had to lock the whole facility down."

She sounded like she was running. Leos looked right at Nyra as he stood from his seat.

"Don't suppose you brought any friends with you, did you?"

He started for the door.

"Security won't be able to find a shapeshifter. If you want to help, I'd appreciate it."

[member="Nyra Mazul"]

Nyra quirked an eyebrow at the thought of a shapeshifting intruder. They were stealing her shtick, and they weren't even doing it right. If they were doing it right they wouldn't have been caught. A frown formed over her face. "No I didn't bring a friend. I assume my friends wouldn't have triggered the alarm."

Stalking about the office she considered for a moment. There was a few different shapeshifting species in the galaxy, some of which were far more easy for her to identify than others. "Oh Leos Darling...." Nyra said with a wicked little smile. "Of course I'll help you."

Making her way to the door she scrambled about. Telepathy would be the key. "bring me to where the breach occurred so I can investigate." Nyra shuttered. That was new. She wasn't used to being on this side of a break in.

OOC: [member="Darth Ignus"] I wanted to get something up for you before the storm hits. The power company already announced outages. I didn't know a company would actively tell you they intend to fail.

Leos didn't even roll his eyes when she referred to him as darling. Normally he would have, but he just didn't feel like it at the moment. When someone was messing with his company, they were messing with his ability to put his ultimate plan into motion, which agitated him to no end. Finding this person, whomever they might be, become suddenly paramount to him to the point where he didn't give a rat's behind if Nyra suddenly decided to walk around naked. It was sure to draw attention, but he wasn't in the mind to care about that either. The only thing that mattered was finding this shapeshifter, getting back the stolen data, and then dealing with them.

"This way."

He'd lead her through the building and down below it into one of the central rings of the structure. There they approached a door where several security guards were about, inspecting the security equipment and questioning the staff that worked within the area. They all paused when they saw him, but he waved a hand for them to continue as he entered the room which housed the main data towers of the facility.

"Here," he said, looking at Nyra. "This is where the theft occurred."

A guard approached.

"We last saw him heading the opposite direction you came from, but we lost him when he got into a group with several of the scientists. We shut down all ability for the lifts to ascend from this level so in all likelihood, he's either still on this level, or below."

"Or climbing the lift shaft," Leos said as he looked at Nyra. "Let's make this quick."

[member="Nyra Mazul"]

Nyra looked around the area. There was multiple ways she could have gotten in and she took them into consideration as she considered the situation. As a shapeshifter Nyra was something of an odd bird. She was a thrill seeker and was constantly doing things in a way to excite. Most changelings were a bit more predictable with a standard way of operating and as such Nyra doubted the perpetrator had left, mostly likely shaped into someone else and was trying to stay ahead of any identification scans.

As she walked around she scanned people with low level telepathy that her species possessed. Although her telepathy was designed to confound in sync with her shapeshifting and was nowhere near the precision that others of her kind could use it was enough to sense fears and anxieties. The thief hadn't meant to be caught here and now and so hopefully would register those sorts of emotions. Then again, given the alarms and other various affects most of the employees would be showing some sort of fear and anxiety. No, it was better to search for something else. Instead she would search for someone who was the least anxious. The thief had to expect something like this might happen and as such would be prepared to blind in. He'd be trying to play it cool and would know more than the standard employee.

Pacing through the people Nyra scanned looking over at [member="Darth Ignus"] and giving him a reassuring nod. "Not with this group I don't think," she said moving through to the next room. The building was locked down and the best bet was the thief was trying to remain a step ahead of security despite their transformative powers. "There," Nyra said looking at a man moving through the crowd trying to get elsewhere. "Suspicious person. Apprehend him."

There was another suspicious person, a woman, standing in the crowd. She was a bit too curious for her own good. As security moved in towards the man Nyra felt something else from her. Relief. Nyra kept an eye on her as she edged towards the back of a crowd trying to remain anonymous. She eyed Ignus trying to get his attention using her eyes in attempt to draw his attention to the woman in question.

He waited patiently. Leos was inadequately prepared for dealing with a shapeshifter, despite his being acquainted with Nyra. He knew next to nothing about her, for example which species she actually was. Regardless, she seemed to know what she was doing, so he remained out of the way and watched her as she examined those present in a way that he wasn't able to comprehend. She seemed rather thorough about it, though, whatever it was she was doing. Each person received some form of attention and eventually she told him that the person wasn't there. He'd expected that to be the case so he wasn't surprised.

They moved to the next room and she continued again. A small crowd was milling about her. He, too, spotted the man moving through the crowd away from them, but he honestly felt that was a bit too easy. A decoy, perhaps? It was entirely possible that the thief was not in this alone. That was a possibility they also had to consider.

While he was pondering this, and the guards were moving to apprehend the man fleeing the area, he caught sight of Nyra looking at him. Turning his attention to her, he lofted his brows in silent question, and then followed her eyes to the woman, who wasn't looking at him, but seemed to be watching the guards. He noted a visible slump of her shoulders, as one would do when releasing tension. Either this was the real thief or an accomplice. There was a small chance of it being neither, and just someone relieved to see the burglar being caught, but it didn't feel like that was what Nyra believed.

He reached out through the Force and applied it to her directly, freezing her in stasis. Since she could make no sound, nobody was likely to notice while Nyra moved in on her. He gave his fellow Sith a nod of assent to her bringing the woman in.

[member="Nyra Mazul"]

It was a neat trick, freezing someone in place. Nyra approached some of the guards and asked them politely to escort the workers to the next security checkpoint. "Move along now," one of them said with a nod to Nyra. The workers began to move slowly filing out of the office to the next secured area.

Nyra moved over to the frozen woman. "Oh not you dear, I'd like to have a moment." Nyra laughed as if the woman spoke to her, "No of course you're not in trouble, I was just going over some paperwork and I know it isn't appropriate to do it now but I'd rather clear this issue up if you don't..." everyone was gone now having left and paid little heed to Nyra as she pretended to be a bureaucrat.

Security had the man, a possible accomplice and this woman.... "Clawdite right?" The creature in front of her remained impassive. Nyra wasn't sure if it was a male or female and instead decided that it would be the best pronoun to use for now. "Your change is painful I'm told, hard to maintain." Nyra jabbed a finger into the creatures rib sending a retractable claw to puncture skin. It was a female clawdite. Probably easier to remain in gender. "Would you like to take over Leos?" Nyra asked. "Find out why she was breaking into your facility."

[member="Darth Ignus"]

Leave it to Nyra to play games with the woman. Of course, it did serve the purpose of hiding what he'd done to the woman from the others that were milling about. It worked, too. The others left, leaving only the two potential cohorts, the two Sith, and a handful of guards. He walked closer and noted what Nyra did, but he said nothing about it. What good would it do to speak of such a thing anyway? Instead, he examined the creature with his eyes. He refused to identify most shape shifters by gender. Even Nyra he couldn't be sure was actually female. There was too much about shape shifting that left a foul taste in his mouth.

"In all likelihood they work for a rival company."

Turning away from the one she was examining, he walked to the other one, this one male, and looked him over briefly. Definitely unfamiliar, but he could feel the fear wafting off of him. If he were the type that could absorb such a thing, he'd be getting his fill of it. In this case, it only served to prove that they were right. Non-guilty people didn't have a need for fear.

"I don't really care what they have to say. They're obviously the guilty party, which means they need to be dealt with. If you want to extract their employer from them, though, I won't say no. But we should move that to the security brig."

[member="Nyra Mazul"]

Nyra shrugged. Contrary to popular belief she didn't care for bloodshed or torture, and besides it was none of her business if [member="Darth Ignus"] didn't want to press the issue. "Well I'll let your security forces handle it." It had all really been just to make sure that the shapeshifter was exposed anyways. Pain was the best method to make those lesser changelings revert back to form. It was of course his prerogative to with the prisoner as he pleased. Guards moved in and started to take the prisoner away leaving Nyra to swipe her hands together as if washing them clean from the affair and looking to Ignus. "So," she said when confident that the changeling was out of earshot. "That armor." Nyra rubbed her hands together considering the possibilities. "Perhaps a tour of the facilities would be in order since we're already out and about!"

Leos shrugged and snapped his fingers at the guards. Once they had their hands on the women, he released his hold of her so they could put her in binders. It wasn't Force sensitive as far as he could tell, so they shouldn't have too much trouble dealing with it. No doubt they'd take it to the bright and try to get what they could out of it before turning it over to the local authorities to benincarcerated for corporate espionage. Same for the accomplice.

"A tour, eh?"

It would hurt as far as he was concerned so he motioned for he rto follow him and headed for the lift. He'd take her down to the main construction facility first. They'd view it from the control room.

"This is our main construction facility. It's quite expansive, as you can see. Mostly automated, but we have people that make sure everything is running smoothly too. Gets pretty warm down there so they have to wear heat suits. That's why we aren't going down there."

[member="Nyra Mazul"]

"Expansive indeed," Nyra said looking at the drones working. It was an efficient operation to say the least. "You are equipped to begin mass production then? Prepared to fulfill our needs?" [member="Darth Ignus"] knew what those needs were better than most. The truth, the sad truth really, was that they were no galactic powerhouse. As it stood the Sith were currently a third rate power at best, and yet they had banished the Jedi from their space. That said something. An ill organized group of men and women were able to run one of the galactic powers around the galaxy in a game of cat and mouse. Nyra smiled at the thought. "We're small now, but soon we'll be expanding and we need to ensure you can meet demand as it increases."

"Of course. The armor I showed you earlier is already being mass produced and sold to security forces throughout the galaxy."

They had a couple of small contracts. Most of their sales were actually coming in the private sector. Small security units that worked for certain individuals, or regular joe's looking for a cheap but effective armor for working in dangerous places. It really didn't matter to them who bought it as long as they had the credits to do so. The company did not do credit. You paid for the goods when they were delivered. If you made a bulk order, you paid half up front to ensure that the company would receive the full amount it was entitled for making the goods. You had to be on the safe side when it came to income and production.

"We mass produce weapons and ammunition as well. We'll have no problems filling our contractual obligations, I assure you."

He'd lead her out then and take her to see some of the other rooms in the facility. They'd eventually end up discussing the designs in detail, and the company would ultimately manufacture prototypes of each for testing purposes. With their display, it would only come down to signing the contract.

[member="Nyra Mazul"]

Paperwork was the least enjoyable but often the most important of a crime. That wasn't to say Nyra was committing a crime right now, but when it came to Corporate contracts she couldn't exactly write "The bloody Stih Order" on the paperwork. For the purposes of taxes and other reasons they had to hide purchases and make it appear as though mercenary companies and other such organizations were buying the gear. It took a long time but Nyra was pleased with the results. This indemnified the corporation and allowed them to have a nice fancy contract (or set of contracts) for any auditors might come calling.

With all that said Nyra packed up and left her job done. A few months later she returned and watched a demonstration of the new set of armor. It was an effective tool. The young man, practicably a boy, inside the armor was one of the refugees from Korriban City. His family died in in the bombardment and he was more than willing to sign up to be part of these tests. A lot of the initial group currently training were in a similar situation.

The armor performed admirably and Nyra nodded and shared a glance with Ignus. She smiled. Everything was going as predicted.

[member="Darth Ignus"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom