Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Vehicle Armadillo LS/EV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
Mako_3dsmax.jpg

Image Source: Mass Effect

Intent: To create a wheeled, armed land exploration vehicle for use by mining companies exploration guilds and frontier corps across the galaxy. It can also parkour

Development Thread: If Necessary

Manufacturer: Techno Union (Browncoat Arms and Industrial)

Model: Armadillo-Class Land Skirmish/Exploration Vessel

Affiliation: Open Market

Modularity: Interior components, combat or exploration suite, mounted weapon can be changed to many other offerings from the Techno Union.

Production: Minor

Material: Glassteel windows, kevlar tires, shuttle grade durasteel hull

Role: Command Vehicle/Exploration Vessel

Height: 4 meters

Length: 12 meters

Width: 3 meters

Weight: 12 metric ton (Exploration) 20 metric ton (Military/hardened armor)

Minimum Crew: 2

Optimal Crew: 5

Propulsion: Wheels

Top Speed: 80 KM/H (Exploration) 55 KM/H (Military)

Armaments:
  • Dorsal Mounted Turret that, as a mount, contains an HE mortar launching tube (adjustable parabolic arc), choice of one of the following for the Exploration load-out, both with the military
  • triple-blaster cannon
  • energy missile launcher

Squadron Count: 5

Passenger Capacity: 10 beings

Cargo Capacity:500 kg

Misc. Equipment:
Standard
  • Communications Array
  • Sensors Array
  • Targeting System
  • Airbags
  • Cup Holders
  • Heated Seats​
  • Four point harness seat belts
  • Mud flaps
  • Global Positioning System (If a ship or satellite is in orbit)
  • Distress Beacon
  • Run Flat Tires
  • 6 Disc CD Changer with 8 Speaker Surround Sound
  • Advanced Repulsor System to aid in drop off and retrieval
  • Standard Starfighter strength shields
  • Complimentary Trauma kit

While the frame and armoring of the Armadillo are very similar (heavy as far as an explorer's whip and light as far as a commander's mount are concerned), the only real difference in this vehicle is the internal computing systems one set for combat, the other set for science.
Military Variation
Exploration Vessel
  • Room for up two generalized and non specific Exploration/Probe Droids (RedEye Droids)
  • Advanced Life Signs Detectors
  • Standard armor plating (Effective against debris and shrapnel)
  • 360 degree mounted camera capable of recording video or shooting stills
  • Field Science Lab capable of cataloging flora, fauna, liquids and minerals

Description: The Armadillo LS/EV is a unique offering from the Techno Union, designed for exploration, mining and frontiersmen, the Armadillo is a go-anywhere vehicle that is equal parts scientific research and equal parts skirmisher. Capable of bringing troopers or scientists into the field as well as protecting their operations, the Armadillo is focused on protection. As not all border worlds are safety zones, due to pirates, Yuuzhan Vong, Rebel Alliances, Reavers and any number of other unsavory aspects from the galaxy, the Armadillo is a heavy vehicle that is more than capable of taking hits and able to keep moving. Equipped with a repulsor package that allows the vehicle to right itself in case of emergency, it does parkour.

While this vehicle does run with a lot of systems, it carries a reserve generator to provide the power should the primary drives fail, which is known to happen on occasion. The secondary generator can resort power to weapons and propulsion systems, however it does take its time if the shut down does occur (typically a result of heavy trauma or running too many systems at once) often enough that a crew should know how to quickly shut down the systems and start up the auxiliary power.

Weaknesses include an inability to hit airborne targets, and being an, at times, unwieldy vehicle to drive. It will depend on its shields and armor to ward off attack until it can be given back up from additional skirmishers. This vessel is not intended for full combat use, as its primary function is for exploration and mining colony defense.

Primary Source: NA

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Marek Starchaser"]

Oh M35, How I've missed you.

I mean... reviewing. Totally reviewing.

Marek Starchaser said:
Misc. Equipment:
Standard
  • Airbags
  • Cup Holders
  • Heated Seats​
  • Mud flaps
  • 6 Disc CD Changer with 8 Speaker Surround Sound
This made me smile. Airbags AND cup holders? I'll take two.

Ok. Now for some actual reviewing.

You describe the vehicle as being a "Heavy Vehicle" but it is listed as weighing 3 Tons. For reference, an Armored Humvee weighs roughly 3-6 Tons and a Bradley weighs around 28 tons. So, at 3 tons, this vehicle wouldn't be taking much of a beating.

The Turret contains an HE Mortar, Energy Missile Launcher, and a Triple-Blaster. Are these separate barrels or are they all fired from the same barrel? Is the HE Mortar a direct-fire projectile or is it an artillery weapon?

The Exploration Variant includes two probe droids. Can you provide links to the specific droids?

Does the Exploration Variant also include the same weaponry?

Can you please provide details in the description that explain the abilities, benefits, and limitations of each item listed in the Military Variant? (other than the IFF Transmitter)

Corey's OOC

[member="War Hydra"]

Further defined the weapons systems on this death star.
And the gun turret.
Added weight
Removed 'heavy'
RedEye Probe Droids

MIlitary benefits from removing science labs and including a weapons suite. Its more a skirmisher and 'get your commander from A to B' in military variation.

I need you to explain the Advanced Communications System, Holographic Battlefield Layout, Automated Weapons Systems, Autoblaster, and Improved Armor Plating in the description.

Also, with the armor plating in mind, is there a weight difference between the Military and Civilian variants?

Corey's OOC

Removed
Automated Weapons System
Linked for my definition of autoblaster
Linked for Holographic Battlefield layout,
Changed 'advanced' to 'encrypted military communications systems'

Weight will remain the same, negligable difference between standard (Sharpnel/Debris) armor on the explorer and hardened (for shrapnel/debris and blaster fire) on Military.

Debating [member="War Hydra"] skin covering ;)

(that was a joke)

In your professional, cow scaring opinion, would you think weight should changed based on that armor differential?

It could go either way. Better, military grade armor is typically very heavy. If the weight of the science lab does not weight more than the superior military grade armor, then adding a few tons would help reinforce the sturdy nature of the Military Variant. But then you'd want to see a slight decrease in top speed and repulsor effectiveness.

Either way, I'm good to approve it now, or after you've fiddled with the weight. Just let me know when you're ready.

Corey's OOC

King of the Lizards, the might Kaiju [member="War Hydra"]!
I modified weight and speed, heavier on the military variant as well as slower speed.

Can I have my mako now? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom