Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Arkanian Funeral Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyberius Fel

Rightful Galactic Emperor
$_32.JPG
Diamonds are forever.
  • Intent: To provide a unique type of Lightsaber crystal and provide some lore for Arkanian culture.
  • Image Source: Google images, unable to determine original source. Likely a stock image
  • Restricted Missions: None
  • Primary Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Diamond/Legends
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Name: Arkanian Funeral Diamonds
  • Manufacturer: Originally King Aurion Adasca. Presently, speciality Arkanian artisans
  • Homeworld: Arkania
  • Production: Limited for normal diamonds, semi-unique for those made from force sensitives. Funeral Diamonds are only usually commissioned by wealthy Arkanian families, consequently they're extremely reluctant to relinquish the remains of ancestors and loved ones.
  • Affiliation: Vorian Adasca, Arkanians, Speciality item that must be commissioned on Arkania.
  • Modularity: No
  • Material: Carbon and typical trace elements
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Gemstone
  • Weight: Lightweight, no notable difference in mass from any other diamond or gemstone
  • Quality: Cannot be used as armor
  • Color: Varies immensely, nearly any hue imaginable
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • May be used as a Lightsaber Crystal
  • Known to be imbibed with residual force energy if made from a force sensitive
DETAILED SPECIAL FEATURES AND THERE USES
If properly attuned, Funeral Diamonds can be utilized as a Lightsaber crystal.

Strengths:
  • Funeral Diamonds provide a significant increase in ease and efficiency of casting force powers. (Only if the Diamond originates from a force user.)
  • Minor overall bonus to performance, including cutting power.
Weaknesses :
  • Likely the most difficult to replace/obtain of all non-unique Lightsaber, due to the speciality processes going into production.
  • Difficult to conceal the force presence eminating from the Diamond.
DESCRIPTION

I saw King Aurion a fortnight after Ava's passing from the sickness. He stood sentinel over her corporeal form which seemed to be almost asleep in it's serene repose. Even envious death could not rob away her beauty. "Piter." Acknowledged the King distantly. "Tell the Priests she will not be buried." I sputtered in my bewilderment. "My liege?" His Grace stroked the Queen's porcelain cheek with a unfathomable anguish. "Rot shall never claim her divine pulchritude, the grave worms will be denied the banquet of her delicate flesh. She will bathe in flame and emerge sparkling and immortal, her majesty frozen in crystalised carbon." He stared through me with damp eyes and from a quivering lip, came the two soft syllables:

"Forever."

- The Vignette of Ava the Warrioress and Aurion the Unifier, Encyclopedia Arkania.

According to popular Arkanian legend, the tradition of Funeral Diamonds originated from Aurion the Unifier, an Arkanian despot of antiquity. As the tales goes, Aurion wed the beautiful Princess Ava who was renown not only for her looks, but her skill in command and battle. The two were infatuated, inseparable until the latter's death of a sudden plague. Distraught in his grief, Aurion could not bare the thought of his beloved decaying in the soil nor frozen in a block of ice as was the past method of aristocratic funeral. As such, he ordered his priests and craftsmen to cremate her corpse and press the carbon into an artificial diamond.

Whatever the origin, it quickly spread among the Arkanian upper classes where it remains the preferred method of disposal and internment of bodies to this day and while it is possible for offworlders to have remains dealt with in a similar manner, it is exceedingly difficult and time consuming as the Arkanian nobility tends to keep their skilled craftsmen in their personal service.

It has been recorded that Arkanian Funeral Diamonds are suitable to be utilized in Lightsabers and those made from the carbon of force sensitives often are saturated with force energy, empowering their users. Thus it became a occasional custom for families of Arkanian Jedi to pass on their ancestors remains to new Padawans so that they may serve the light even in death. Though Arkanian Diamonds of non force sensitive origin are also able to be used as Lightsabers, they only provide the same benefits as a ordinary high quality crystal.

[member="Vorian Adasca"]

I think this is a very interesting submission and I like the thought that went into it. I am currently still pondering about the production level, considering that force sensitives are quite rare compared to regular sentients. So, in my mind it would make sense to have two separate productions.

Limited for the regular stones and semi-unique for the ones made out of force sensitives, thoughts?

Also, can you look at the substance and material template again? You are missing a few fields, if you aren't using them, you can just put them in and put N/A behind them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom