Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech ARGH- Rae Batons of Ember

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
21%27_ASP_Baton.jpg

Image: Taken from Wikipedia, article on ASP, Inc., an image of their stock 21" Telescopic Baton (link here)
Intent: To create a blunt concealable weapon, as requested by Ember Ralkai, made from Echani Graphite.
Development Thread: If necessary
Manufacturer: Abregado-Rae Guild of Hammers
Model: Concealable Echani Graphite Batons
Affiliation: Barony of Abregado-Rae, Omega Protectorate and Ember Ralkai (See production)
Modularity: There is an option of receiving a contraption that allows the weapon to be mounted on forearm, either under or over the hand, letting it be hidden and quickly drawn.
Production: Minor (Enough to supply the Iron Company and sell in minor qualities, Ember Ralkai receives 5% of the weapon's profits and production, based on submitting the idea for the weapon, in every 100 units created, he receives 5 free of charge)
Material: Echani Graphite and Durasteel

Description: One day Ember called up The Guild of Hammers and put up and asked if they would be able to spin the Echani Graphite in order to fletch a weighted blunt baton he could use.

HK agreed, quickly drafting up the plans and promising Ember small royalties, in form of 5%, for using his idea to create such weapons. What came of this was a simple, but effective design for a collapsible baton made from three Echani Graphite segments.

The segments are about the same thickness, with first two being hollow cylinders and slightly narrowing at the end in order to stop the smaller segment from falling out completely and instead of friction-lock with momentum. The third segment is weighted with electronic components of the electro-shocking mechanisms, lead insert, and a cylindrical Graphite head of the baton with a durasteel screw to keep everything it attached together.

The head of the baton keeps the segments from falling too far in on each other and weights the weapon better, allowing for heavier strikes to be done with the weapon, causing more blunt damage. On the bottom of the smaller two segments there are magnets that keep the segments from falling out until flicked out with enough force and then locked in place until pushed in with enough force.

The smaller two segments of the baton contain the electro-shocking systems, able to give a stunning zap during impact. The diodes used for this systems light up with red arcs, instead of the usual blue, giving the weapons its name, Baton of Ember. The amplitude at which this system shocks can be change at the handle of the baton, going from simple stunning shocks to deadly setting that can rip a limb off, much like in the systems of the Spears of Rae.

The baton can be used with a special forearm rig, attachable to armor, and it can be mounted over or under the forearm, in case the user wants to have it concealed in their sleeve until need arises to use it and simply flick it out with their arm instead of drawing the baton from its holster.

However, this can be dangerous when used with the electro-shocking systems, as the user can potentially shock themselves, or the baton can flick out by itself during combat or vigorous activity.

Other than that, it's a simple but effective weapon, able to withstand and combat a lightsaber, used by both military and police forces as a non-lethal weapon, or set into a lethal setting when the need arises. It's easy to use and concealable in its small collapsed state.

The Echani Graphite the batons utilize in their construction is a material made from a flat but extremely durable structure called Graphene, a two dimensional carbon structure described to be 100 times strong as steel, this structure is spun in facilities on Abregado-Rae according to old techniques developed by the Echani into a three dimensional structure. Stacking the Graphene planes proved to cause the material to loose its properties completely, however, spinning and cycling the material into a cylindrical form only causes the Graphene to loose its properties partially, making the material's strength equal to that of Beskar, another rivaling counterpart between the Mandalorian and Echani cultures.

Classification: Concealable Blunt Instrument
Size: One-handed
Length: 0.70 meters fully extended (Based on the length of the longest telescopic baton sold by ASP, Inc., 26")
Weight: 2 kg
Other Features: Lightsaber resistant, telescopic, electro-shocking.

I'm afraid I can't mindlessly approve this. These are mass-produced lightsaber-resistant weapons. That is simply not allowed, ever. At the very least, I will ask that you dial back the production to minor. I'd also like more description of the degree of lightsaber resistance afforded. You sort of glossed over it.
[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Fabula Cavataio"]

That was my bad, I thought I linked the Echani Graphite sub to it like I did in my Containers sub, but turns out I forgot.

So this time I linked the Echani Graphite sub couple of times, as well as Graphene, the real-life material I based Graphite's construction on, added a paragraph in which the Graphite is described as having durability of Beskar, as that is the intent and grounds on which the material was approved on, a Beskar equivalent which can only be made in cylindrical format, therefore unusable as armor-plates, blades, or sharpened points.
And I dialed back the production to Minor status.

Edits can be seen in green text.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom