Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Ares I - Pattern Combat Platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
RGBN62j.png
= OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION =
Intent: To create a new generation of Battle Droids, for use by Various Clients and the Golden Company.
Image Source: Mass Effect 3 - Geth Soldier [x,] and Geth Hunter [x.]
Canon Link: Not Applicable.
Primary Source: Repurposed Canon Articles, YVH-1 Combat Droid.

= PRODUCTION INFORMATION =
Manufacturer: Republic Engineering Corporation - Robotics Division; Deep Space and Coruscanti Foundries.
Affiliation: Republic Engineering Corporation - Corporate Security Detachments, The Golden Company, Closed-Market.
Model: Ares I - Pattern Combat Platform.
Product Line: Ares - Series Battle Droid.
Production: Minor-Scale Production.
Modularity: Yes; External Attachments, Exterior Aesthetics and Weapons, Personality Upgrades (Possible Player Characters.)
Material: Duranium, Reinforced Duraplast, Durasteel, Manganesse Brass, Synthmesh, Ruusan Copper, Rubber, Laminanium, Various Droid Components (Internal and External.)

= TECHNICAL INFORMATION =
Classification: Fourth Degree Battle Droid.
Role: Mechanized, and Heavy Infantry.
Weight: 90 Kilograms
Height: 1.93 Metres.
Sensor Colour: Crystalline Sapphire.
Primary Plating Colour: Drab Olive Green.
Secondary Plating Colour: Matte Black.
Movement: Bipedal Locomotion.
Armament(s):
  • Integrated Wrist Laser; Twinned Barrels.
  • External, and Equipped Armament. (Limited to Non-Exotic Melee Weapons (Additional Training Required for Exotic Weapons), and Ranged Weapons; Small Arms, or Light Weapons.)
  • Externally Mounted Equipment, Integrated Bandolier and Waist Pouches.
Misc. Equipment:
  • Integrated Fire Selector [Single-Shot, Burst, or Pulse-Fire.]
  • Integrated Vocabulator, with Internal Communications Suite. [Military Encryption Keys, and Acoustic Signaller.]
  • Integrated Auditory Sensors, with Multi-Frequency Vision Filters and Target Acquisition Systems.
  • Photoreceptor with Integrated Microbinoculars (x5 Zoom.)
  • Internal Emergency Re-activator Module.
  • Integrated Droid Brain, with Heuristic Processors and Battle Computer.
  • Integrated Memory Core with Addition Memory Banks.
  • Integrated Ionization Buffer(s.)
  • Integrated Remote Transceiver.
  • Integrated Computer Probe, with Security Domination Interface.
  • Integrated Magnetic Plating for Weapon Storage.
  • Integrated Heavy-duty Suspension System with Gyroscopic Stabilizers.
  • Integrated Fire Suppression System.
  • Integrated Shield Generator Mounting.
  • Central Fusion Generator, with Secondary Power Cells and Recharge Coupling(s.)
  • External Solar Ionization Collection Arrays, with Retractable Paneling.
  • Integrated Servomotors, with Central Movement Processor Core.
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Reinforced Duranium Frame with Laminanium Armour Plating, and Reinforced Duraplast Liner.
  • EMP and Ion Hardened.
  • Limited Artificial Intelligence.
  • Integrated Self-Sustaining Module.
  • Integrated Electric Defense Grid (Internal Security Measure.)
  • Socketguards, and Various Encryption Lockouts.
  • Integrated Floodlight(s) [Affixed to the Cranial Module.]
  • ​Integrated Grenade and Ammunition Bandoleer [Retractable Cowling.]
Strengths:
  • Semi-Sentient Platform: While endowed with a manufactured intelligence of a sort, the Ares Combat Platform held the mental fortitude of a well-trained child. It held the capacity to learn through its own actions but held a reservoir of information within the installed data-banks, however, the only thing it wasn’t allowed to evolve beyond was hurting Republic Engineering Personnel or Thyrsian Sun Guards; all else were fair game as far as their programming was concerned.
  • Self-Sustaining Modules: Outfitted with a myriad means of repairing their internal and external systems, the Ares Combat Platform was capable of keeping itself in the fight; provided sufficient enough time passed uninterrupted.
  • Secondary Integrated Weapon System: Although the Battle Droid was meant to carry external armament and ammunition, the Ares was equipped with an integrated dual-barreled wrist laser; that acted in a similar manner to a sidearm and relied on their internal power sources.
  • Countermeasure Suite: Built with several layers of security, the Ares Combat Platform was capable of thwarting a plethora of means that sought to wrest control of the droid away from the droid themselves; or their programmed masters.
Weaknesses:
  • Artificial Sentience: Despite the myriad firewalls and security measures that the Battle Droid came installed with, and could be upgraded with in the future, it was still an artificial construct at the end that was susceptible to alterations in their programming and malicious software.
  • EM and Ion Hardening: While the Ares Combat Platform was outfitted with a plethora of insulating materials, to help mitigate the hazardous effects of ionization and magpulse weaponry, such measures didn’t grant the Battle Droid total immunity; thus was still susceptible to their effects depending on proximity and intensity.
  • External Armament Reliance: In spite of the fact that the Ares Combat Platform was equipped with a twinned barrel wrist laser that drew power from the droid’s main power systems; so in order to be effective on the battlefield it was best to outfit them with a selection of small arms, and light weaponry.
  • Limited Maneuverability: Due to the anatomical design choice of the Ares Combat Platform, the Battle Droid was incapable of rolling or somersaulting, as to do so would damage the exterior and external equipment and sensors; thus the Artificial Warrior was only capable of leaping out of the way of incoming hazards.
  • Regenerating Armour: Whilst the Ares Combat Platform was outfitted with regenerative properties, they weren’t instantaneous. The Laminanium armour plating took upwards of a day to fully reform from external grievous injuries, but the internalized systems took marginally less time due to the efficacy of the self-reparation module -- and the redundancy of its mechanized parts.
ifJZzUp.png
DESCRIPTION

From what could be recovered from the death of civilization’s light during the gulag plague, it was said that Ares was a God amongst men; who embodied the brutality of war and was the physical manifestation of violence itself. While these could be nothing more than fanciful tales, penned by some scholar in the hopes of garnering a fortune, there was a possibility that such words held some measure of truth. If such ancient epics were true, then this mythical figure was the perfect namesake for the battle droids who would inevitably follow in that figure’s hallowed footsteps. Therefore, when the time came that Republic Engineering Corporation moved towards making robotic soldiers - Ares would become their premiere series of war-droids in a new corporate flagship project.

With the Ares I - Combat Platform, the technical architects at the Republic Engineering Corporation sought to equip themselves with a militant line of war-droids that would seek to replace the dangers, and loss of organic life incurred upon the battlefield. Those who helmed this projected labelled it Project: Osiris - which was supposedly the name of another figure from the annals of history which meant powerful, or mighty in the ancient’s tongue. This project sought to ensure the Droid Foundries of the Coruscanti-based organization would forever churn out capable soldiers to whoever came with credits in hand and supply the militant branches of the Shipwright and their Thyrsian allies.

While many droids, throughout the ages, were developed to take on the artificial likeness of their creators -- the Ares I - Pattern Combat Platform eschewed this practice. The battle droid was an automaton forged of metallic flesh and fibrous cables anchored to a pulsating fusion reactor mounted within the centre of a skeletal frame. Added to this unnatural physique that made a mockery of their organic creators, was a single, glowing photoreceptor that inspired terror in those who stood in their way. It was a design choice that reeked of psychological warfare that would cause discomfort in the most hardened minds, or break those of weaker wills; causing them to flee. This visage suited both the legacy of the mythical figure of Ares and their spiritual successors, as they both intended to dominate the battlefield through whatever means necessary.

This choice in aesthetic would come at a cost, however, as the Unit was incapable of rolling or somersaulting in a battlefield scenario. To do so would cause damage to several external systems, and inevitably result in the Construct's termination. Thus, they were forced to leap aside in order to escape the projected fury of impact grenades, or improvised explosives. With that being said, these Battle Droids were still fully capable of taking cover behind various obstacles and navigating through crawl spaces.

Although the Combat Platform wasn’t intended to become a mobile weapon platform, the Ares I was equipped with an integrated wrist-blaster to act as an integrated sidearm in addition to whatever the droid was equipped with. This design choice was to ensure that the Battle Droid was never without a weapon; even after it’s primary armament ran dry. It became apparent in more veteran models, that survived several successive training sessions, that they utilized their integrated weapon systems whenever possible; either to conserve ammunition in the face of adversity, or adapting their tactics to keep their enemies on their toes.

No matter the situation that the Artificial Construct found themselves in, they would be able to consult their integrated training and experiences to surmount whatever obstacles that lay before them. Such was the gift of a limited artificial intelligence that was bestowed upon these mechanical warriors, who were nothing more than synthetic children turned into relentless weapons of War. Their databases were rife with purloined knowledge from the garnered experiences of the Sun Guard; who parted with their helmet-cam footage after a hefty sum of credits were tossed their way. This stored information would provide the Battle Droid with the fundamentals of combat so that they could build upon them and evolve through the varied crucibles of combat.

Despite the inclusion of an artificially-created intelligence within the technological confines of their droid brain, the Ares I was incapable of becoming a gestalt consciousness - without an externally connected source. Therefore, each Combat Platform was unique in its own way and communicated through binaric cant via conventional means; or newly developed methods provided their equipment could be adapted. Through these conventional methods, however, the Combat Platforms were able to rapidly transmit an unimaginable amount of encrypted data in a short breath of time. Such advancements in a unique collective allowed whole units to devise strategies and battle plans within moments, rather than days - if not months, but wasn’t anything comparable to a gestalt being. If anything, it was a connection of like-minded beings who were simply built for a single purpose; thus poured their entirety into the task at hand - making them a deadly adversary to any unfortunate soul.

In addition to these advancements, the outer armour plating was forged of Lamnanium; the regenerative alloy. Through the use of this self-healing substance, the Battle Droid would be able to repair both the exterior plates and through the use of an internal regenerative module, repair their internal systems as well. As one of the featured security systems was triple redundancy circuitry, that internalized repair kit would be able to shift from a damaged system to an undamaged one; while it worked to fix the issue at hand. While on paper, this proved to be an advancement, it wasn't instantaneous as many people believed. Lamnanium's metallic fibres took a significant margin of time to regenerate, depending on the amount of damage the Construct suffered. Small wounds from blasters or slugthrowers would take minutes, while larger impacts could take anywhere up to a full solar cycle to fix.

The Ares I - Pattern Combat Platform was the epitome of what it meant to be a mechanical warrior; tactically flexible, regenerative alloy plating and endowed with a limited spark of truly artificial intelligence. They were tireless constructs that needed no sleep, nor conventional nourishment to sustain their synthetically generated fury. Thus, through their relentless nature and technological capabilities, these Battle Droids could be considered the perfect soldiers ever to take to the battlefield.

Modification Summary:
  • Altered Submission Name.
  • Swapped out Images, and replaced Image Source links.
  • Increased Production ratings to compensate for the addition of Lamnanium and Artificial Intelligence.
  • Added Hyperlinks to relevant materials in compliance to new Factory standards.
  • Added Misc. Equipment and Special Features.
  • Replaced and Added Strengths and Weaknesses.
  • Fleshed Out Description to match New Additions.

[member="Arcanus Sunstrider"],

Hello there! This sub is really well thought out and researched. I like it quite a bit.

First off, can you please mention the possibility of resisting Lightsaber weapons to a degree of glancing blows in your first strength. Listing not just one, but two metals that do mention in their respective Canon Links, as being able to do so. (Duraplast, & Duranium)

Arcanus Sunstrider said:
Armament(s):
  • Integrated Wrist Laser; Twinned Barrels.
  • External, and Equipped Armament.

As much as I would love to be able to leave this be, I recommend you mention limitations to weaponry this kind of droid unit can utilize? Would be very difficult to approve this when you make these droids then hand them all Lightsabers and make an Army of "General Grievous Knock offs" It would likely fit best in the Last weakness you have currently listed.

Arcanus Sunstrider said:
Semi-Sentient Droid: With an integrated heuristic processor, the Ares I battle droid is capable of learning through experience; which makes the older Chassis’ a danger even to the most experienced combat veterans - as the data stored within their memory banks allows them to accurately predict their target’s actions, and respond accordingly.
Are there any possible limitations of these droid brains and the information they can store? Or more accurately, How much can these droids learn before they are capped due to Memory banks being filled?

Secondly, can these droids combine their "brains" into one being much like a Hive mind to make one droid out of a bunch more superior?

[member="Shaun Castanic"] - Normally you'd be correct in regards to using both canon materials, however, one would need thick armour plates to turn aside a glancing blow from a lightsabre; the reasons behind that are plain to see with the evidence presented in almost every Clone Wars source material. With that being said, as I intended the reinforced duraplast to be nothing more than a liner - I've added a sentence in to the strengths section mentioning a heavily restricted resistance to glancing blows from a lightsabre.

To your second point, I'd offer you to read my second listed weakness. They'd be incapable of being "an Army of General Grievous Knock-Offs" due to their reaction times being much slower than that of a Jedi. It'd be a waste to utilize such exotic weaponry on combat droids that were incapable of using them effectively. Nevertheless, I've added the stipulation of using "Small Arms" or "Light Weapons" only into the armament section.

You're asking me to fill in information that canon itself is incapable of supplying. Every source I've researched through Wookieepedia or the various RPG sourcebooks I have in my collection, merely state that memory banks are capable of holding information for later use. If we break things down into theoretical(s); due to the advanced nature of Star Wars technology in comparison to our own - we'd be looking at each memory core being able to store maybe a petabtye worth of information, or even an exabyte. We simply don't know due to the lack of information.

So, if the war droid is capable of surviving for a lengthy period of time - it's likely to store a lot of information.

While the droids are equipped with a remote transceiver, essentially allowing them to be remotely directed by their owners/commanders, they're not designed to link up and form a "hive mind." They communicate much in a similar fashion to organic soldiers using short-ranged and encrypted networks - albeit much faster due to their processing powers and the simplicity of the binary language.

[member="Arcanus Sunstrider"],

All I ask are only recommendations, not requirements. I am just here as a second set of eyes to look over subs and see if anything is out of place. That's all.

Thank you for answering my questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom