Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Arenzebite

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hound

T
81fbd66a-dce4-4abd-b0a9-c13dfc3e1fc1_zpsf205f5fa.jpg

Name: Arenzebite; Zebite; Snow Raiders
Designation: Sentient
Homeworld: Arenzeb {Sub Pending}
Language: Clicks and growls and rarely, garbled Mando'a
Average height of adults: 2 Meters
Skin color: Unkown; Rumored to be pale, reptilian-like scales
Hair color: Unknown
Breathes: Type1-Type 4
Strengths:
  • Size: Large and incredibly strong Arenzebites have been rumored great feats of strength ranging from lifting entire starfighters to wrestling Cuyans into submission. Though these may be exaggerations due to the rarity of the migratory species one thing that is agreed upon is that they are strong. Their strength rivals that of the Houk.
  • The Force: A sizable portion of their species is is Force Sensitive. It is rare to find a caravan that does not have a Shaman and apprentice among their ranks. Though they are not especially strong in the Force usually, it is something of note.
  • Speed: Despite the envirosuits that they wear that make them look bulky and heavy they are quick and able to outrun most humans.
Weaknesses:
  • Dependent: Despite being able to breath a variety of atmospheres, they cannot comfortably breath any one type and thus utilize a mixture in special environmental suits that use the current atmosphere as a base, leaving the tank that produces this strange mix a prime target. Without the suit they could potentially suffocate.
  • Stigma: With their origins largely unknown and no standing population they are incredibly difficult to communicate with. Their language is mostly incomprehensible, and even those that say they know the language have a hard time translating.
  • Breeding: Due to their incredibly long lifespan and their nomadic ways, many men and women are infertile but for three times in their lives. However, due to in-breeding early on in their history they are forced to seek out other Caravans to mate, though doing this is also difficult. Thus, most chose simply not to mate.
Distinctions: An enigma even on their home planet, the nomadic peoples known as "Zebites" to the local settled population, little is known about their appearance. Rumors say they have four eyes and a split mouth. Pale, scaly skin adorns their bodies and there is an absence of any body hair. Tall and built like freight trains, they are also stocky, hardy individuals.

Due to the calamity that befell their planet a millennium ago they also must use a combination of atmosphere types to breath.
Average Lifespan: 300 Years
Races: None
Estimated Population: 1 Million
Diet: Regular
Communication: Clicks, Whistles, Chirps
Culture: Deriving their nomadic nature from their ancient conquerors, the Taung, the Zebite people are a nomadic peoples that travel the frozen wastes, usually far away from the immigrated sentient species. Most of their lives are spent inside an environmental suit due to the alteration of their atmosphere during their earlier history. Similar to their conquerors, they admire strength, honor, and perseverance.

Though much of their race is scattered around the planet unity is a key theme in the small tribes and caravans that roam the ice. Led by a chief and shaman, together the two make up a Caravan's governing body. These roles are not restricted to gender by any means and in general they do not receive enforced benefits outside of earned respect.

A shaman's job is to guide the Caravan spiritually, to help alleviate stress, pain, and depression while also carrying the story of their Caravan within them. Often they are masters of Psychometry and foresight which is used to predict storms, bad winters and other hardships that may put the Caravan in danger. Due to their connection to the Force and their ability to see into the Force and its many timelines, they serve as advisers to Chiefs. Though a shaman is not the ruler of a Caravan, their decision does carry weight when it comes to choosing a new chief.

A Chief is the final say in disputes between clansmen and women. When supplies are needed it is the chief who goes into town, rarely, or more likely trades with other caravans at one of their many hidden outposts. The strongest fighter and the one with the best perceived character with the goodwill of his or her people at heart.

Technology level: Just Below standard due to their isolation, they are able to use standard technologies but do not produce or regularly work on anything above or even at Galactic standard.

General behavior: Generally distrustful of any and all outsiders, the only time Zebites have been seen communicating with beings not of their species has been during extremely harsh winters. Depicted as violent and bloodthirsty by the locals, it is advised to steer clear of their traveling caravans and small, temporary settlements. Even in their own social groups they are rather quiet, preferring to communicate through actions and physical contact than vocalizing. Due to their silence their caravans are eerily quiet and have been described by locals as "Ghost Trains". Even the small herds of Bantha they sometimes bring with them are nearly silent.

Within their small caravans they do however have elected "Chiefs" or leaders that dictate what direction they will march, when they will stop, and even who gets to mate when the time comes. Hunter gatherers by choice, their perceived violent and primitive nature stems from the warrior culture that dominated a millennium ago prior to the Mandalorian invasion during the Mandalorian Wars.

History: Originally a culture rich people during the time of the Old Republic after the devastation of their planet during the Mandalorian Wars they were forced into constant exile as the Mandalorians colonized their world for the rare mineral that was thought to only be available in the Mandalore system. Prior to colonization however, the Arenzebites thrived as farmers, miners, and soldiers in the Republic's military. When their planet became under attack every member of the species migrated back to their homeworld to defend it, throwing the Mandalorian's perceived victory into question. In an act of desperation the Mandalorians dropped a large chunks of an ancient Mandalorian moon onto the planet, throwing it into a perpetual ice age and destroying most life on the planet.

Tossed into a world of death, snow, and ice the planet and its inhabitants changed and succumbed to the iron clad boot of Mandalorian rule. The population that survived was brought into intense labor to recover the possible deposit of Beskar that was within the asteroids that had been used as weapons against the planet. This effort however was deemed wasteful as the locals continued to rebel with guerrilla-style tactics and the cold and general lack of food stuffs caused the Mandalorians to flee the planet, leaving the moon behind.

Much of the Mandalorian technology was left, specifically the war droids they rode in on. Adapting quickly to their new environment they began to travel with the herds of Bantha that the Mandalorians had brought to the desolate world and became the species that are known today.
Notable Player-Characters: None
Intent: To create an interesting race to spice up potential dominions of the planet that is their home.

Ooooh. This looks interesting. A few things, and you're good to go. :)

1.) I understand you want to leave it vague how strong they are, but I need a rough example. Since they obviously can't bench press starfighters....

2.) I need more on culture. A lot of what you put in general behavior would actually be in culture. Do they have holidays? A religion? You mentioned shamans. Do they play an important part? Their apprentices? These are just some examples of what you could put.

3.) They... dropped a moon on it? ... That would blow up the planet, more then likely. Nontheless, how did they do this?

Clear those up, i'll read through it again, and if I don't see anything else it'll be approved. :)

[member="Vaermina"]

The Hound

T
@Mrrew
Right-O, will get on this.

Also, for clarrification, they didn't drop an entire moon on the planet. It was more along the lines of what Larraq did to Dromund Kaas except to the scale that it threw the planet into a near permanent ice age

The Hound

T
[member="Mrrew"] added some clarification, it wasn't this species that dropped things, but the Mandalorians. Also added to culture.

[member="Vaermina"] - I apologize for the wait, I didn't get the notification.

This looks good now. I like the concept.

Approved, pending secondary.

[member="Vaermina"] Just one quick question - when you say a "sizable portion" of the species is sensitive to the Force, about what percentage does this imply? And are all of them intermediate force-users, or do you mean a good portion has a strong ability to manipulate the Force?

The Hound

T
[member="Matsu Xiangu"]

That at least two at any given time in any caravan are FS and able to manipulate the Force

[member="Vaermina"] Yes, but if there's two in every caravan, how many caravans are there? I'm not asking for an exact number. I'm just concerned with a population of 1 million, significant portion of that population achieving Master level in the force if there are tons of caravans is a little much.

You have great weaknesses to offset the Force and their strength and I like this concept. Just want to make it clear how much of a "sizable portion" we're talking here.

The Hound

T
[member="Matsu Xiangu"]
So what exactly do you want me to do here? What exactly do you need to be specified? In the vanilla Force section it already says most are not "exceptionally strong in the Force" so I'm assuming you wanted something else?

I read your initial Force section as Force-users, not Force-sensitive. That's my mistake. I just imagined a population of a million with 300,000 Masters and got a bit worried. :p

Approved.

[member="Vaermina"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom