Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion Are these guns too big?

Screenshot-20210508-150914-CAD-Assistant.jpg

Screenshot-20210508-150847-CAD-Assistant.jpg

Screenshot-20210508-150934-CAD-Assistant.jpg

I am currently putting the finishing touches on this little guy (about 25m wide ship). Someone elsewhere pointed out that the two primary guns were impracticably large and don't fit on a ship this small. They are meant to be turbolasers with a huge portion of the ship dedicated to powering them.

Thoughts please?

If you want it ground in reality, just add that the cruising ship of the speed is shunted lightly during sustained fire. Or? You could sub some technology that allows the weapon barrel to collapse, and eat the recoil... Something like that.

If you want it ground in reality, just add that the cruising ship of the speed is shunted lightly during sustained fire. Or? You could sub some technology that allows the weapon barrel to collapse, and eat the recoil... Something like that.
That makes sense, I am already planning on making its large heat signature which cycling the guns a weakness, the ridged area is meant to be a heat exchange for the guns and the engines.

The way the guns are shaped I could certainly imagine the front half of the barrel sliding back into the rear half to absorb recoil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom