Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ardent, Verdant, Argent

[member="Ajira Cardei"] was something of an enigma. Damian himself had come to the planet of Naboo to meet the woman. Naboo was a great little planet, filled with a variety of interesting people. The planet itself had a pure quality to it with great green fields vibrant blue oceans and lakes, and of course architecture.

The City of Theed was known throughout the galaxy as home to some of the most amazing structures, in addition to some of the most renowned artists. Their fashion was no different and while they had some notable and even ingenious designers there was a lot of trends from the planet that seemed more... dubious. Large frilly dresses and weird decorations that hung off of them. It wasn't really the most appealing.

Yet it was within this atmosphere that Damian had found his latest client. Theed Palace Space Vessel Engineering Corps was a mouthful to say. It was also one of the leading industries on Naboo with a reputation throughout the galaxy. Currently Damian had been asked to come in with his lead tailor and designer Whitely to work on a wardrobe that fit into the aesthetics of naboo while providing protection the vulnerable executives within the company. This in turn would create a new line of product for him to launch. Yes times could be good.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
The setting: a stone balcony, swarming with ivy, overlooking Theed and a gigantic waterfall. R'alla mineral water, chilled. Evening.

"[member="Damian Starchaser"]? Lady Ajira Cardei of Theed Hangar. Thank you for coming."

Theed Palace Space Vessel Engineering Corps generally went by Theed Hangar. The alternative -- TPSVEC -- was too horrible to contemplate. 'Theed Palace' was taken. 'Theed Palace Engineering Corps' unclogged toilets. Theed Hangar was the name.

Ajira wore Theed noble attire which -- while not exactly frumpy -- emphasized formality over grace. Theed royal fashions tended to make their wearers look immovable, stolid. She'd seen dresses that gave queens the appearance of monoliths, and while there was a time and a place for that, Theed Hangar needed to actually look and function professionally. All that had been alluded to in the brief the Hangar had sent Chase.

"I understand you had some sketches to show me. I'm quite interested in your Deflex material. Amazing that it's taken so long for reactive fabric to hit the market -- any market."

"Of course," Damian said looking over at his loyal tailor Whitely. There was a strange sort of chill in the air and an ominous feeling which made the hair on the back of his neck stand up. "As you can see from the sketch we have a layered defense system embedded into the fashion itself. The first layer is a body glove. This is the core armored layer for your suit. Thin, supple it helps to accentuate your erm..." Damian looked the woman over with a sort of shy and embarrassed facial expression. "feminine features. Without revealing a lot skin. Keeping it on the classy end of the spectrum."

"So we have full body protection and then additional protection and decoration added to it. In a way its simple. You stick with a base layer and then decorate from there. We have capes, and other flourishes made of various fabrics. The question is how much protection are you looking for? There are levels you see. Comfort and protection don't have to be mutually exclusive but there is a price attached. For all things there must be balance no?" [member="Ajira Cardei"] made Damians skin crawl. She just rubbed him the wrong way and yet.... He shook it off. No use worrying about it. Just do the deal.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Damian Starchaser"]

A few years back, she'd been cut off from the Force and worked her way back up. In the process, of necessity, she'd gotten practice at reading people. This one wasn't easy to read, but on balance, she suspected he was ill at ease. Fortunately, they had no end of topics to cover.

"So, the inner layer is your Deflex material, and for outer layers...shell-spider silk? Glistaweb, maybe? We're close enough to Yuuzhan'tar that I'm sure you've got supply chain opportunities. Not that I have any special preference for glistaweb, it just seems there's a paucity of ornamental but functional fabrics. I live an...active lifestyle, Mister Starchaser, and Naboo has been invaded more than once. Theed Hangar was attacked by terrorists not so many years ago, and almost destroyed. We live in a galaxy where anything could happen, and frequently does. Suffice it to say, I'm interested in defensive functionality, and Naboo fashions are bulky enough that you have plenty of room to work. But I'm sure you both know all this much better than I do." She drained the last of her R'alla mineral water and set down the tumbler. "Please -- show me what you've got in mind."

Damian listened to the woman talk about fabrics. She knew a lot on the subject, it was impressive. Most royals and riches only knew how to wear and what was expensive. This woman knew what was functional. That function is what she was interested in, and its what Damians corporation was all about. "Shell spider silk I think is best," he said with a bit of a pause. How much should he tell her? Obviously not more than he needed to. "I have a line on shell spider silk, so supply will be easier." Indeed he was about to unveil his own version of shell spider silk when the time arrived. "Besides even in this day and age I've had some backlash when mentioning vong materials. People still don't particularly care for them."

Truth was Damian wasn't sure how he felt about them. Some were great people of course, one of his business partners was a vong, but a lot of them seemed... odd. And their technology, or rather strange biomancy, was often looked down upon by the rest of the galaxy. It was better to not muddy the waters Damian thought.

At the woman's invitation Whitely came out with a datapad presenting the various designs. "The... extra's are purely decorative, however there is no reason you couldn't supplement with other defensive augmentations and clothing."

[member="Ajira Cardei"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom