Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Arda: Storm of the Century

Kostodu nodded in understanding. "Ah, well it looks like both of our vacations didn't turn out so well," he chuckled.

His grin soon turned to a frown, however, as he sensed the rising pressure within Luca. Pressure for what, the Padawan did not know.

But when he found out that Luca was thinking about breaking into a local's ship, Kostodu's expression turned sour. "Luca! You can't possibly be thinking about that." He leaned closer in and whispered, "I get that he was pretty rude, but he obviously just wanted the best for everyone here. And crime is never the way to solve a problem," he said, practically scolding someone of his own age.

Besides, it would be un-Jedilike for Kostodu to simply let Luca go steal stuff. Now, he had the opportunity to stop one of Luca's bad behaviors. He had to try and set him on the right path.

Tass Arceneau Tass Arceneau Whuv Asyr Whuv Asyr

Whuv Asyr

The Boys are Back in Town
Meanwhile, the pink Ithorian named Whuv, who had a near-manic level of fear of missing out and was gullible to boot, was all to keen to show interest in Tass Arceneau Tass Arceneau 's quiet proposal. No one ever invited him before to try and do things together. It was the first time! It got him excited and scared, and all the fussy good feelings in between that temptation and the possibility of being a peer instead of being left behind gave him.

It was like a sugar rush, all flutterflys and tingles of lightning.

"Oh...t-that might be nice. Getting dry and warm is nice." He began, eye stalks glittering in wide-eyed innocence and desire to please. "I...I can help." He offered; after all, the man had made him feel inadequate with his yelling.

Of course, Kostodu Xyston Kostodu Xyston 's interjection on how that would be bad and a crime made Whuv wince in alarm. Well, maybe it was bad, but... wouldn't they be together if they did it? Perhaps they would get comfortable, and then they'd want to know more about each other. And, and, and then maybe they would really want to be his friends?

"But... is it a crime if we just use it to get warm? It isn't stealing the yacht. Just borrowing...We can clean it after!" it was a stretch, but he was looking for approval from them both.

"Leave it better than before?"

Whuv Asyr Whuv Asyr and Kostodu Xyston Kostodu Xyston were emerging as really suboptimal partners in purely incidental and probably justifiable crime. Trying to borrow the yacht with both in tow wouldn't fly; pulling it off with just Whuv ran the serious risk that Kostodu would try to stop them or tell the owner. The stunt was dead on arrival.

"Nah, Jedi Kostodu's right. Not about the crime thing - this isn't the Alliance - but about what the guy was trying to do. Forget I said anything."

Someone had set up a sturdy frame of long straight sticks for drying clothes. Tass peeled off his wet coat belatedly and hung it up there, and his shirt and socks too. He shoved his sodden boots right by the fire.

"So Kostodu, you've got Jedi powers. They teach you any for keeping warm?"

Kostodu looked over at Whuv Asyr Whuv Asyr in shock as he offered his help in Luca's grand scheme. Really though, the poor Ithorian just seemed like he desperately wanted to fit in and have friends. This was the perfect way to mix in with the wrong crowd. "Yes! It is still a crime if we enter that vehicle without the owner's permission. We should be just fine in this shelter," he said, looking to quickly cut off any of Ithorian's criminal ideas.

Eventually, Luca changed his mind and understood that the local man was just trying to help. Good. Kostodu wouldn't have to do anything to his new friends.

"Ah, thanks for reminding me about that, Luca! I did learn an ability for that. Though, if you want it to help you too, you're gonna have to get in close," Kostodu advised. He folded his arms over his chest and leaned over a bit, keeping his limbs close. It usually helped in a cold environment.

The Jedi-in-training focused on the power that made him worthy of being a Padawan. The Force was his life-blood, and he needed to channel it to magnify his body heat. He inhaled deeply and closed his eyes, tuning out all distractions. He imagined the small, flickering candle of heat within him. It was slowly coming back to life.

He needed to stoke that fire. With his pure willpower, the flame began to grow brighter and stronger, until it was blazing. He could feel some slight warmth creeping up his spine, but whether that was his consciousness or his imagination, he didn't know.

With the candle lit once more, he decided it was time to return to the real world.

His eyes snapped open, and he looked around. The Ithorian and the human were still sitting next to him, albeit closer than before. And he was warmer. Like he was submerged in a jacuzzi. Being a Jedi was cool. "Do you guys feel the warmth?" he asked.

Tass Arceneau Tass Arceneau

Lily had never seen an ocean before, hell she'd barely experienced weather in the underbelly of Coruscant, and most of the spaceports she'd been to were heavily sheltered. Arda was the first world she's actually ventured outside of the port, a deep yearning within her chest pulling her towards the sapphire blue water. She watched it change and churn into the grey sea foam from a precarious point, pulling back only at the urgent cry of a local, pleading with her to come down from the rocks and away "lest the sea take you".

She didn't take shelter, not for a long time. She stood in the middle of the paths, arms extended and let the rain soak her through till she couldn't feel her fingers anymore, sticking her tongue out to catch heavy droplets, laughing like a child.

A commotion to the south of her drew her back to herself and she became suddenly aware that she was cold. She made to move but her feet stuck fast. Where she had stood in the same spot for so long, the rain had eaten away the sand at her feet, sinking them beneath the surface and holding them fast.

She wriggled momentarily, testing how much give she had, weather she could get them out but there was no give, not even a millimetre. Lily was shivering now, she cast a glance towards the shelter the commotion had started at, they were too far away to hear her over the sounds of the storm. With a sad sigh, she reached down, loosened her laces and slipped her feet free, running barefoot towards the shelter. They were good boots, she hoped they were still there after the storm passed.

"Room for one more?" she said breathlessly as she ducked inside. She didn't wait for an answer, pushing her way in while swiping hair that had plastered itself to her face aside.

Tass Arceneau Tass Arceneau Kostodu Xyston Kostodu Xyston Whuv Asyr Whuv Asyr

Whuv Asyr

Lily Rhodes Lily Rhodes Tass Arceneau Tass Arceneau Kostodu Xyston Kostodu Xyston

There was a little regret that the plan didn't go through for Whuv. It wasn't due to a desire to dive into criminal activity; if anything, he was too scared to really pull that off. It was more that he just really wanted to be able to make a good impression.

With Tass moving to take off his coat and set it aside to dry, Whuv also moved to do the same. He would slip off the large, basket-sized satchel on his back, setting it down on the ground right by his feet. The wicker basket gave a wiggle, then thankfully sat in place.

For now.

At the mention of Jedi powers, Whuv's eyestalks grew wide, and he swung his attention to the veridian Twi'lek. He'd only heard of Jedi from stories.

"Are you a Jedi?" he asked, all in awe, all the more amazed once he began to feel the warmth radiating from him. It really was warm! How did that work? Oh he had so many questions --

That is until Lily Rhodes Lily Rhodes showed up.

Barefoot, plastered hair, pretty face. Oh, it must have been destiny! Surely so because the Ithorian certainly embarrassed himself after that by saying in a lovestruck voice, "Whuv always has room for more."

Kostodu Xyston Kostodu Xyston Whuv Asyr Whuv Asyr Lily Rhodes Lily Rhodes

Tass promptly crowded in. Between Kostodu's Jedi abilities and the fire, his damp clothes and hair were drying, and his mild shivering eased. "That's quite the useful trick," he said. "No wonder the Jedi have a good reputation. Everyone likes to be warm."

He lost his train of thought as a young woman came into the semi-open shelter. There were several other people in here around heat sources now, both fires and offworld heaters. As the girl came to join the three boys, maybe, Tass shuffled over to make room between him and Kostodu. Whuv might be displeased.

"I'm Luca, this is Whuv and Kostodu," he said. "Kostodu's a Jedi. Very righteous."

"Yes! Kostodu Xyston, Jedi Padawan at your service!" the Twi'lek said to the Ithorian. Amazing that someone was so awe-struck to see a Jedi, especially nowadays. Of course though, this planet wasn't really at the center of galactic events.

Kostodu had been so focused on his heat production that he didn't notice another enter the shelter. He only turned around when he heard Whuv mutter something dreamily. A young woman walked in....or was she a woman? She was pretty short, and came in barefoot, like she'd lost her shoes somewhere. That didn't seem like something a responsible adult would do. Then again, there were many adults that were immature.

The Jedi didn't respond to the woman's question, instead focusing on maintaining his power. It had already faltered when he turned around. His focus was not quite honed yet. Even though he decided not to directly engage in conversation with the newcomer, he would still watch her. Maybe she wouldn't even sit with them. But of course, Kostodu was always on the hunt for new friends to talk to.

Whuv Asyr Whuv Asyr Tass Arceneau Tass Arceneau Lily Rhodes Lily Rhodes

Lily's cheeks went slightly pink at the Ithorian's words. "Oh...um..." the other human made space for her and she promptly squeezed in between him and the Twi'lek who seemed to be concentrating intently, grateful not only for the access to the fire. but also for the little distance between her and the ithorian. She'd never been good with that sort of thing, choosing to avoid it all together was the safest bet. "Thanks." She shrugged off her jacket, looking at each of them in turn as Luca introdueced them. "Lily," she offered in response, hanging her sodden outwear near by and rubbing her fingers together.

This reminded her a little of that one time the artificial weather went haywire and plunged Coruscant's lower levels into a bizarre winter. She shook the memory away. "A Jedi, huh? That's cool, I guess. You all from here?"

Whuv Asyr Whuv Asyr Tass Arceneau Tass Arceneau Kostodu Xyston Kostodu Xyston

Whuv Asyr

Tass Arceneau Tass Arceneau Kostodu Xyston Kostodu Xyston Lily Rhodes Lily Rhodes

Alas, just as quickly as love came, so did the tragic crash of rejection, and Tass was acting like the proverbial wall between beautiful Lily and Whuv.

With a great sigh of dejection, the Ithorian’s shoulders gave a little slump, but he nonetheless attempted to stay within the group.

One day, Whuv would find love.

“No, I-I am from a drifter colony.” He added, holding his hands up closer to the Jedi. He was warm, after all.

“What about you?”

Last edited:
Whuv Asyr Whuv Asyr Kostodu Xyston Kostodu Xyston Lily Rhodes Lily Rhodes

Turbulence ratcheted up another notch or three. Rain slashed into the shelter from odd angles and hissed against heat sources. People yelped, flinched, groaned.

"I'm from..." Where was Luca supposed to be from? He couldn't very well check his own ID to remember. Normally he had a stellar memory for his fake IDs and all the details thereof, but this storm was rattling him. "...Etti Four." Big world and pretty close in galactic terms. "The locals are all human, from some ship's survivors a thousand years ago or something. If all four of us are offworlders...where you all bound next? Once the storm eases, maybe we find passage on a ship at the ATC port on the next island chain."

He raised his eyebrows meaningfully at Kostodu.

"Unless there's some fancy Jedi ship with space for a few very quiet passengers."

Kostodu barely noticed the barefoot woman sit down next to him, still focused on his technique. He would probably stop soon, since it seemed his new friends were warming up. Although his attention was honed in on the Force right now, it didn't mean he couldn't hear the conversation going on.

So Luca was from Etti Four. Interesting the way he hesitated. Could he possibly be lying? Eh, Kostodu didn't want to assume anything; he'd let that slide for now. Maybe it was time to focus on the world around him now.

He slowly withdrew from his little trance, and the Force's added heat died away. Yet he was still warm. Perfect. Luca was now wondering where everyone was going once leaving Arda.

Akwardly reinserting himself into the conversation, Kostodu cleared his throat and turned to the girl, Lily. "Yeah, being a Jedi is pretty cool. But it's a lot of responsibility, and you need to pour a bunch of your time into training. There's a big reward though," he explained enthusiastically.

He turned to Luca, who had asked about transportation. "I'm going back to Coruscant. And sorry, I don't have a ship for you guys. I came here using a public transport. I'm sure we can find one when the storm dies down," Kostodu said reassuringly. "For now though, I don't know what to do. I came here for some peaceful meditation, but... look how it turned out."

He gestured around him, towards the pounding rain, and the massive, thrashing gray waves outside. "So much for peacefulness."

Tass Arceneau Tass Arceneau Lily Rhodes Lily Rhodes Whuv Asyr Whuv Asyr

"A drifter colony? That sounds amazing, you get to see a lot of places?" Lily smiled at Whuv. "I'm from Coruscant, originally, been spaceport hopping for a few months."

The pause in Luca's answer smacked of someone who was either incredibly forgetful, or lying and she was leaning towards the latter option. Extending her fingers over the flames, she had a brief moment of wanting to press him on the matter, see if she could catch him out just for fun but let the thought go. whatever he was running from was his business.

"I'm bound on whatever ship I can stowaway on that isn't heading back to the hell hole that is Coruscant...No offence" she added for Kostodu. "But I'm open to suggestions."

She followed the Jedi's gesture towards the storm raging outside. "I dunno, I find it pretty peaceful, If you close your eyes and just listen to it." She did so momentarily. "I'll take it over the sounds of an overpopulated city planet any day. Ohh, that reminds me! Felucia is pretty close. I've never been to a jungle before. I hear they have these giant fish that swim in the air and bugs so big you can ride them."

She bounced on the balls of her feet with barely contained excitement.

Whuv Asyr

Oh, Lily Rhodes Lily Rhodes was speaking to him! Once again, delight shone on the pink Ithorian's face at being spoken to. It was clear he wanted to be liked.

"Y-yes. We make o-our way around. One of the last remaining vagrant fleets." he explained, turning towards Lily to converse with her, showing her his undivided attention for gracing him with questions.

"It is up there." he pointed a long finger up to the sky, then his eyestalks peered to Tass Arceneau Tass Arceneau and Kostodu Xyston Kostodu Xyston , "Y-you can come with us. There is plenty of space. I-I can ask my mom!"

It was a way for Tass, Kostodu and Lily to get off of Arda. "J-just have to help out with odd jobs. M-aybe learn a few skills?"

Tass's attention sharpened considerably. A ride off Arda, and a working berth with an Ithorian vagrant fleet no less? Ithorians had nature priests, but they also had wandering merchant clans all across their species' diaspora. Many connections to be made, many skills to learn, and many many sights to see.

"That's a great offer, Whuv," he said, and meant it. "I'll take you up on that. You planning to call a shuttle down after the storm?"

Half a tree blew past outside.

"Or, uh, earlier if it's safe?"

Kostodu Xyston Kostodu Xyston Lily Rhodes Lily Rhodes Whuv Asyr Whuv Asyr

Kostodu chuckled to himself. "No offense taken, Lily! Coruscant is pretty busy a lot of the time. It can cause some headaches. And the noise is a bit overwhelming with all the speeder honking."

His expression immediately soured when told about Felucia. Bugs so big you could ride them? That was a massive no for the Padawan. He couldn't even stand the small ones. And it wasn't the fear of being bitten or stung that creeped him out; it was the sensation of them crawling on you. Whether they were slimy or hairy...ugh.

When Whuv offered to take the group with his vagrant fleet, Kostodu jumped at the opportunity to avoid Lily's mentioned planet. And Kostodu would always love to learn more skills...as long as they didn't involve creepy-crawlies. "Yes! That's an amazing idea Whuv! When can we go?"

Disaster averted.

Lily Rhodes Lily Rhodes Whuv Asyr Whuv Asyr Tass Arceneau Tass Arceneau

"That sounds incredible!" Lily was so surprised by her luck, a ride that didn't require coin, or for her to stowaway, spending long trips between cargo boxes in cramped holds. She was more than happy to work for such a thing, even if it was for a short while. Lily loved to learn new skills and already had a fair few beyond petty theft and stealth.

"I'm pretty sure nothing is flying in this storm." she chuckled at their eagerness to get out of here. "We may have to hunker down for the night, i don't think these things pass quickly. I'm sure we can find something to do," she peered around the rest of the shelter at others looking for inspiration. "Maybe play a game of something..."

Whuv Asyr

The excitement in Lily Rhodes Lily Rhodes , Tass Arceneau Tass Arceneau , and Kostodu Xyston Kostodu Xyston eyes gave Whuv such a happy effervescent feeling of acceptance. They liked his idea and invitation!

M-my mom will be coming after the s-storm,” it was evident now that the stuttering was not just due to the cold. He was stammering in excitement. “B-but I can c-com her and ask I-if she c-can come now.”

How realistic that would be in this storm would be up in the air. Who in their right mind would!?

Nonetheless, Whuv began to open his satchel for his comm.

“I came to get a new c-cactus for my c-collection,” he became dejected again, as the poor cactus was still out getting rained on and blown around, uprooted from its pot.

“B-but games sound f-fun. I have a d-deck of s-sabaac cards.” He offered, although odds are perhaps the others had other options.

Last edited:
"I am very much on board for a plan where we play sabacc until late, then get a ride up to do some work for an Ithorian merchant fleet."

He reevaluated Whuv Asyr Whuv Asyr , Lily Rhodes Lily Rhodes , and Kostodu Xyston Kostodu Xyston in two new contexts: as card players and as owners of things that could be won in card games. Lily struck him as the toughest and leanest mark, Whuv maybe the richest, Kostodu might have mind-reading tricks but wouldn't stoop so low. As a Jedi, he might even have trinkets and gear to wager, if he got sleepy enough. Tired was as good as drunk so far as impairment went.

"So sabacc it is. I can deal, unless anyone else wants to." Tass shifted out and reoriented to face them. If they reoriented too, there'd be a well-sheltered space for cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom